Custom Photography Reviews

283 | Virginia Beach, VA

283 Reviews for Custom Photography

Marylynn Andrews · Getting married on 08/12/2020

outstanding experience!

This was a truely great experience having our wintertime wedding celebration photographed by Mike and his lovely wife Marion. They took care of details that could have stood in our way before they materialized. We have already previewed our wedding photos and the finished keepsake book, too. Highly recommend this fabulous team for any wedding, especially destination couples such as we.
    John & Marilynn

Sent on 02/29/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren Gidley · Married on 06/04/2020

Incredible experience!!!

Mike and Marian are wonderful and talented photographers who we hired for family portraits. They did amazing work with our family and were kind and patient with two little ones, enabling us to get some wonderful pictures of the baby and toddler in our group. We had an incredible number of photos to choose from and were delighted with the results!! When I need a professional portrait for a publication, the care and skill Marian took to make sure an image I chose from our family sitting was perfect and the time she spent on my photo to make me look great were unbelievable!! She made corrections to the image I never even thought of. She is an artist! We were so thoroughly pleased with their work, we hired them to photograph our son's wedding. Having done 4200 weddings, the Linett's are by far the most experienced photographers in the area and, as we could see from the wedding photos in their home, they do beautiful work. If you are looking for the best photographers in the 757 area, don't hesitate to book Custom Photography Ltd.! I'm sure you will be as delighted as we are with their work!!

Sent on 04/06/2020
  • Tracey Felton · Married on 10/13/2019

Great Experience!

Our wedding day is not until October but our Engagement pictures are beautiful. I can't wait to do my Bridal & wedding pictures.

Sent on 08/27/2019
  • Tammy

Tammy Wall · Married on 09/24/2019

Awesome. They did everything we wanted

Love love all their work and time they spent with us on our special day.

Sent on 11/25/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Lynn Hunt · Married on 09/21/2019

Joyful people

AMAZING PEOPLE AMAZING WORK!!!

Sent on 01/29/2019

Daniel Stepanski · Married on 08/11/2019

Destination Wedding

Mike and Marian are two of the best in the business! This duo is everything that you are looking for in a photographer. My wife and I were put into a predicament just weeks before our wedding when our photographer cancelled on us. I contacted Mike, and we finalized a deal the same day! They are professional, responsible, and extremely genuine in their work. You can tell just by being in their presence that all they want is give you the best gift possible! They want to give you memories of your special day! The pictures we got back were better than we could have ever expected! We are in love with every photo that was taken! I highly recommend Mike and Marian to anyone looking for a photographer! These two are exactly what you are looking for!

Sent on 09/15/2019

Carolyn & David Boyer · Married on 08/10/2019

A Beautiful Album of Beautiful Pictures

Mike & Marian did an absolutely fantastic job of capturing every aspect of our wedding. Marian did the actual picture taking and applying the finishing touches of cleaning up the photos, and Mike used his creative genius to put them into a beautiful album that will always bring back very fond memories of our wedding day. We had seen examples of their work so our expectations were very high, but their final product exceeded our expectations. We were so impressed that in addition to our personal album, we ordered a scaled down version for each of our children. In addition to their professionalism and technical expertise, Mike & Marion were just simply very nice and fun people to work with. We heartily recommend Custom Photography to any couple looking for fantastic wedding photography team. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 12/28/2019

Kellie Simpson · Married on 08/02/2019

Fantastic Experience!

Every detail of our February 8, 2019, elopement was captured by Mike Linett of Custom Photography. Not being from the area, we had selected a wedding location but knew none of the scenic spots in the area. After photographing our early afternoon ceremony, Mike led us to many of area's most romantic landmarks. Our wedding photographs are beautiful and capture all the love of our wedding day. Since I did not have flowers of my own, he even loaned me one from their studio. Thanks so much for everything.

Sent on 05/18/2019

Julia Sanderson · Married on 07/11/2019

Excellent Experience

Mike and Marian Linett were the perfect addition to our Outer Banks Thursday, November 7, 2019, wedding which actually planned in less than six weeks. Whenever we needed to contact them either by email, phone or text, they responded promptly and always offering the assistance that we needed. In that six week time, our engagement session was photographed with plenty of time for us to have a beautiful beach portrait on display at our reception. By getting married on a Thursday , we were lucky and had them both at our wedding. Our guests constantly asked if the Linetts were friends or family who they just had not met. The week before Christmas, we received all the edited images from our wedding electronically so that we could share with everyone over the holidays. Now our task at hand will be selecting the images which will be used to design our digital composite wedding album, but sure this will be January once the holidays are past. Thank you Mike and Marian for capturing every special moment of our wedding and reception.

Sent on 12/28/2019
  • Alexis

Alexis Wells · Married on 06/22/2019

Theeeeee Best!

My husband and I met Mike and Marian at a bridal show and we're immediately drawn to their friendly personalities. From there our amazement grew at the consultation and viewed all their past work. Most companies try to just sell you with fancy talk on how they can make your day the best ever, however they didn't. They just showed with their work. Everything was perfect! From the engagement photos to the ceremony and reception, they went above and beyond. Not too mention all the guests LOVED them !! If you are in the need for a lifetime of wonderful memories, please look no further ! You can thank me later 😉

Sent on 12/31/2019

Valerie Viscardi · Married on 05/04/2019

Memorable for the rest of our lives

Working with Mike and Marian has been amazing! My husband and I always wanted to do a destination wedding, but didn't even know where to begin. We were fortunate enough to have a wonderful wedding planner who suggested Mike and Marian because of working together. Mike and Marian were very responsive to every email I sent and were very caring and understanding with all my concerns, especially when a Hurricane had to postpone my first wedding. I never felt abandoned, I felt as if I have always worked with Mike and Marian which made everything perfect.

Sent on 07/14/2019

Christana Jenkins · Married on 04/06/2019

Wonderful photographers, great people!

Marian & Mike are the kind of people you want at your wedding. They are fun, caring, and professional. Our pictures are great, and our guests loved them.

Sent on 07/04/2019

Dreama Lawson · Married on 10/26/2018

Custom Photography Definitely The Right Choice

Very happy and we just got married yesterday, October 26th. Even with drizzle, dreary skies and winds, Marian was fantastic to work with. After our ceremony, she took us back to their Kill Devil Hills home/studio where we posed using a beautiful beach scene her daughter had painted. Just seeing the photos on the back of the camera, we can hardly wait to see the finished product. Definitely the right choice.

Sent on 10/27/2018

shiaira · Married on 09/23/2018

Amazing!

I met Mike and Marian at a Bridal Expo, about 7 months before my September 23 wedding. Almost immediately I knew I wanted them to photograph my wedding. For the time I was at their booth Mike showed the upmost attention to only me (and my crew) and did not make it feel like a transaction at all. Within five minutes I felt like I’ve known him for years. The next day my now husband, mom, and I visited the Linettes at their home, where they work with another partner, Steve. I felt like I was visiting a relative. They shared their stories with no mention of the dozens of plaques and awards which filled their walls, which most people/companies make a selling point. I didn’t know there were so any photography degrees and awards, Custom Photography had them all. They showed me many of their photos, which were absolutely beautiful, and did not pressure me at all, told me to contact them once I was ready. I ended up booking that night and signing my contact which included engagement shoots, bridal portraits, 3 event books, canvas photos, two all day photographers, and copyrights to all the pictures received. The Linettes were amazing to work with, so flexible and personable. Every time I needed to contact them I was able to with promptness and felt like I was speaking with an aunt or uncle. I was able to substitute my engagement shoots with boudoir photos. Their home has a separate section for their photography studio; it even has props and a dressing room! It was so much fun and they made me feel so confident! Marian made sure my body looked amazing in all shots and the way they worked together was like one, even finishing each other’s sentences and posing ideas. I could tell they absolutely loved what they did! Same for my bridals which my pictures were unbelievable- like a magazine. I felt beautiful! The day of my wedding my photographers were Marian and Steve! Steve was just as personable as Mike and Marian, I could also tell he was an expert at what he did and loved to photograph! He captured some absolutely amazing shots, photos I didn’t even think to request. He was also tall enough to get photos from above during my ceremony. Marian and Steve worked just like Marian and Mike, like one! I got my edits back a week before expected and the wait was worth it!! OMG! They were beautiful. They got photos I didn’t even remember taking, including shots of people at the photo booth, just stunning work. I will absolutely recommend them and use them for any future event we have. The only negative I have will be missing them after I pick up my books. Book them!! You won’t regret it!

Sent on 11/03/2018

Annie · Married on 09/13/2018

Marian and Mike were the only calm and collected entity of our Hurricane Matthew wedding weekend. Ceremony was originally scheduled for Friday evening with the anticipated Hurricane's arrival, but with family and friends already in town everything was moved into action for a Thursday wedding. With racing emotions, everyone's words of wisdom as to what we should do, along with anticipation of weather, the Linetts just took everything into stride and captured beautiful memories. In consideration of how they work in Hurricane mode, we can only image how the perfectly planned beautiful weather weddings are photographed.

Sent on 10/14/2018

Mel · Married on 06/11/2018

simply the best choice out there

Sent on 07/08/2018

Anthony · Married on 06/03/2018

I am absolutely in love with Custom Photography. Our wedding, and our engagement shoot were both full of memories and laughter. Mike and his wife are incredibly friendly, professional, and provided quality in both service and photos that exceeded all of our expectations. I would highly recommend them to anyone that is considering a photographer, and I plan on using them again in the future!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Stacy · Married on 06/03/2018

I found Mike and Marian at a wedding show and I haven't had one bad thing to say about them. THEY ARE AN AMAZING COUPLE TO WORK WITH!!! They took my ideas and my wishes and ran with them! I couldn't have asked to work with a better couple, they were always easy to reach (like at 1 am the morning of my wedding), and even gave recommendations on other vendors to try. My husband and I are now joking that if we ever get divorced who would get custody of Mike and Marian ;) lol We love this couple they made our day so must better and the memories they've captured will be treasured.

Sent on 06/22/2018
  • Lawren

Lawren · Married on 06/02/2018

Our experience with this company was great!

We really enjoyed working with this dynamic duo! Even with thunderstorms raining on our special day, Mike and Marian were able to capture some of the most beautiful photos, and really preserved all of our wonderful memories from our Williamsburg double wedding through photography! The quality of our photos and our memory books were top notch, and I am so thankful we were able to hire them as our photographers. They quickly became part of our family, and anyone who gets to work with this couple is really in for a treat!

Sent on 12/24/2019

Keenan & Alexandria Bratton · Married on 06/02/2018

Awesome Experience and Beautiful Pictures!

Our experience with Mike and Marian was absolutely amazing! We met them at a bridal show, and instantly booked them! Their attention to detail and beautiful personality let us know right then that they were who we wanted to capture the best day of our lives! They are the best, and if you want the best for your special day, you should book them!!

Sent on 12/29/2019

Keisha · Married on 05/25/2018

I met Mr. & Mrs. Linett at my very first bridal show in 2016. I saw a few other photographers but none of them had the passion and energy that this husband and wife team have. This duo has a passion for what they do and what they do is their passion. Fast forward to my wedding day, May 2018. As the bride I was not watching the clock and had no true concept of what time it was until I heard Mr. Linett's voice. At that moment I knew it was "show time" and everything got real. We now have our photos and they are beyond wonderful. Every special moment was captured and we are over the moon happy.

Sent on 07/23/2018

Melissa Julia · Married on 05/20/2018

Mike and Marian were absolutely wonderful to work with! Mike promptly replied to my request for a photographer and provided thorough information and their portfolio for my (now) husband and I to browse. During the entire process, Mike was energetic and lovely! He made us feel comfortable throughout the entire photoshoot. Furthermore, Marian provided our photos to us straightaway! We are absolutely pleased with the results and highly recommend Custom Photography Limited. We are truly glad that we were able to share our special moment with Mike and Marian.

Sent on 05/22/2018
  • Y

Yamila · Married on 05/06/2018

Mr. & Mrs. Linett are amazing people! I am so glad they were able to shoot my wedding on such short notice and make it such an incredible experience! They can work around your schedule and are always happy and cheerful about it. I love how easily they fit in with all of the guest at the wedding and brought out huge smiles in everyone! Couldn't have asked for better photographers!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Sheila · Married on 04/20/2018

Great customer service! If you have any questions along the way they are always more than happy to provide you with answers.

Sent on 05/21/2018

Suzanne · Married on 04/14/2018

Wonderful photographers - every memory captured of our wedding celebration. Would highly recommend Mike or Marian to any couple looking for the perfect studio to work with - very accomodating & always willing to listen to our ideas.

Sent on 07/06/2018