Cupcake Novelties Reviews

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 09/03/2017

3.8
      3.5

Overall I'm pleased with how everything turned out. The cupcakes anx cake were amazing and received so many compliments yesterday. Only problem during planning was the seller was out of town and difficult to get a hold of for about a month. Overall though the price for what we got was fantastic, definently recommend based on flavors alone!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Cupcake Novelties's reply:

Thanks, Lauren!! So happy to hear that the cupcakes and cake were enjoyed! Hope to make something for you again soon! Thanks!

2.8
      2.0
      2.5
      3.0

We entered into an agreement with Cupcake Novelties with high hopes after reading wonderful reviews. We purchased cake pops for the rehearsal dinner and cupcakes with a cutting cake for the wedding. Deliveries for both were late. The cake pops were nearly 45 minutes late and the cupcakes arrived nearly an hour late, delaying the start of the ceremony. The unwillingness of the proprietor to acknowledge any problems on her end is discouraging. The desserts were delicious, no complaints there; however due to the frustration in dealing with this vendor due to late deliveries and in returning the tower to them after they moved farther away (which made it very difficult to return it while on our honeymoon!) I would not recommend this vendor.

Sent on 10/19/2014

Hello Juliette,
    As mentioned in our email communication, the delay in your deliveries was due to traffic &accidents on the road, which we had no control over. Ample preparation was made to ensure that your products are delivered on time, but it was unfortunate that the delays happened for your orders. However, I didn't keep you guys hanging, & was constantly in touch with your daughter to keep her updated of the arrival time. I did acknowledge that the deliveries were late due to traffic & accidents on the road. Delays are not intentional!!

The cupcakes were to be delivered at 5:30 pm, but after wading through the traffic, I got there at 6 pm, only to find that your venue didn't have a cake table ready to go, & they scrambled to get one, as I kept waiting to set up the cupcakes & cake!

As for moving farther away, please note that I honored the lesser amount of delivery fees, on the invoice, based on the original quote, instead of revising & charging you a higher amount, even though your venues were far from before. If I had dishonest intentions in mind, I could have easily revised the delivery fees to a higher amount which you'd have to end up paying, because your order was already booked with me.

You were originally going to meet me Monday morning, but emailed me on Sunday saying things changed on your side. I was flexible in meeting you, but your schedule didn't allow it. If you had met me as originally scheduled, returning the rental items would've been super simple! I sent you at least 3-4 emails, responding quickly on the Monday after your wedding, willing to meet you on your way, anytime from morning until 4 pm in the evening, in spite of which you didn't want to meet for the return.

I also offered to meet your daughter, friends or family members for returning the rented items on any different day of the week, if your schedule didn't allow, but you refused that as well.

Glad that the cake pops, cupcakes & cake were enjoyed!!

stephanie · Married on 09/27/2014

1.6
      2.0
      1.0

We ordered a two tier top cake & 120 cupcakes for a cupcake tower. Closer to our wedding day, upon my checking in with the vendor, it appeared my order was being "tweaked" a bit-- color of icing was not as agreed upon due to apparent coloring issues, the requested decor of cupcakes & the cake were being changed: Our cake, I was told would be fondant, however my soon to be husband specifically requested no fondant. I sent several example photos of what I was hoping for, asking if the design was possible. I thought I had selected a relatively easy design: rosettes & an iced cake with simple design to avoid the fondant design. My order was not what I requested nor what I was told would be made/contracted for. The pictures of my cake are sad. What were supposed to be dainty rosettes on my cake looked like large snail shells; the top tier & the icing on the cupcakes was messily done. The cupcakes were not fully iced, the icing design was small & did not cover the cupcake. They did not look like the many advertised photos in this vendors portfolio.
    Reviewer's Note on 12/13/14:
    Farozan, This review was the honest interpretation of our experience. The original invoice you emailed to us listed a due date of 'before or on delivery of product', so there was no intentional malice to create a "late payment" & you changed the due date a week before our wedding (I was out of town for work) & then tried to add on a fee to use a credit card (we wanted to utilize a credit card for the additional protections offered). WE NEVER DISCUSSED OR REQUESTED FONDANT. If you couldn't do the design I requested in buttercream, you should have communicated that up front. You are the one that sent the images of the hobnail & we went with them because we felt you were more comfortable w/ the hobnail design then my requested design & because I didn't want my cake to be a disaster-- I was trying to be accommodating. Your apple caramel cupcakes ARE delicious. Even if the drizzle was missing.

Sent on 12/09/2014

Hello Stephanie,

As mentioned in our email communication, I made all efforts to accommodate last minute changes to your order (Quiliting vs hobnail), as well as the delayed payment.

You did not mention anything about a different date on the invoice in our emails, and said you are only using a debit card to make all wedding payments. I offer 4 different methods of payment for client convenience - cash, check, Paypal or credit/debit card. All communication sent to you, as well as the info on my website, clearly says that a 5% fee is added to all card payments, to cover the fees charged by card companies. I did not "try to add on a fee to use a credit card".

On Aug 10, I sent you the cake image done by me, to help you visualize how the look will compare in buttercream and fondant, and you said the cake "looked gorgeous".

I sent you the hobnail design suggestion, trying to work with your theme, because you sent me a picture of the hobnail vases you were using at the wedding. If the vase picture wasn't sent to me, I would have never suggested a hobnail look randomly!!

I was upfront about the look being different if you choose buttercream vs fondant, rather than surprising you with something different on the day of the wedding. I do not commit to something that is not possible, due to the limitations in the materials/medium being used.

I am not sure which color issue and tweaking you mention here, as you did not mention anything of that sort in your email prior/after the wedding. There were no changes being made to the color, since it was a simple white and pink!

You had sent one picture of the cake design, and that is what was used as a reference point. You were quite appreciative of the taste of the products in your emails. As mentioned in the email, the Apple Caramel cupcakes didn't have a drizzle on them, because you wanted the rose swirl on the cupcakes, and a drizzle would've hidden it!! Here's a picture - http://on.fb.me/1HCUTZt .Thanks!

Lawrence · Married on 01/03/2017

1.4
      1.5

My experience involved an order of pirate-themed, decorated Oreo cookies. The seller did not provide shipment as promised. The seller refused to issue a refund and was very difficult to work with. Mine was obviously a small order. For readers here, though, I would think twice before doing business with this vendor.

Sent on 01/08/2017

Cupcake Novelties's reply:

Customer requested delivery on Jan 3, and the package shipped out in appropriate time, since based on USPS Priority mail estimates, it takes 2 days to deliver to his zip code.

As per the package tracking info, it clearly mentions that the package was Out for Delivery on Jan 3, 2017 AS REQUESTED by the customer, and a note on the tracking history says -

"We attempted to deliver your item at 5:39 pm on January 3, 2017 in RIDGELAND, MS 39157 but could not complete the delivery because the employee did not have access to the delivery location. Your item will go out for delivery on the next business day."

I have tried explaining to customer multiple times, that I cannot control USPS transit and have no control over their employees and their attempts to deliver!

He was advised to contact his local post office, since the package was in their possession.

Thank you!