Cupcake Downsouth Reviews

• Dena

Dena DiOrio · Married on 07/20/2019

3.0

Great tasting cupcakes!

We hired Cupcakes Downsouth for our cupcakes display to supplement our "cheese" cake. After months of planning, the day finally came and the cupcakes arrived and were both beautiful and delicious! We ordered three flavors: Key Lime, Salted Caramel Chocolate, and Traditional Vanilla, and my guests are still talking about them, especially the Key Lime!

Sent on 07/30/2019

Cupcake Downsouth's reply:

Dena, thank you so much for your kind review! We were so pleased and honored to be part of your special day, and are delighted to hear you and your guests thoroughly enjoyed the cupcakes you chose. (Key lime = fun!) Congratulations to you and your sweetie!

Delicious fresh cupcakes! Was happy they allowed us to select from all flavors.

Sent on 06/20/2014

Natasha · Married on 07/26/2015

4.2

Cupcake DownSouth did a wonderful job with our wedding cupcakes. Everything came out looking and tasting delicious. Although they have a few locations around town, the Mount Pleasant location is where all deliveries are handled. We chose them in part because they deliver on Sundays, which many other bakeries around town do not do or aren't even open to deliver. The cupcakes were delivered on time and everything went very smoothly on the wedding day. On occasion we had to wait a couple of business days for a reply to emails, which was our primary source of communication as out-of-towners. This did not impact their willingness to work with us, however, which was greatly appreciated. We would recommend Cupcake DownSouth to anyone planning a wedding in Charleston.

Sent on 08/07/2015

Caroline · Married on 06/02/2011

2.5

Instead of a large wedding cake, my husband and I opted to serve mini cupcakes at each table after the meals were cleared.

Cupcake is one of our favorite stores in Charleston. My family lives there, and upon my husband's first visit to meet them and the city, we went to Cupcake after lunch. It was in the car afterwards, gorging on cupcakes in a decadent silence, that my then boyfriend turned to me, mouth full of Turtle frosting, and said, "I love you, I never want to leave this place!". So when it came time to talk about cake, we knew Cupcake was IT.

We ordered a few hundred mini-cupcakes so each guest had a few. The choices were limited (in the mini-variety) I imagine for logistical reasons. It was slightly disappointing because their best flavors were not a part of the mini options. We were allowed to choose how we wanted them decorated (small choice, but still grateful for it). They were delicious and I would do it over again tomorrow if I could.

The only other downside is that Cupcake doesn't deliver to your venue, and most caterers will not extend you the luxury of arranging their pickup. Something to consider if you don't have many friends or relatives Downtown the day of your wedding willing to help.

Sent on 06/21/2011