Cupcake Downsouth Reviews

54 | Charleston, SC

54 Reviews for Cupcake Downsouth

Heather · Married on 09/20/2014

Cupcake Downsouth was so easy to work with. Our guest loved the mini cupcakes and I feel as though we got a great value.

Sent on 10/30/2014

Cupcake Downsouth was very easy to work with for our August wedding! The cupcakes were a hit among our guests and Maleia made the planning process simple and exciting!

Sent on 09/13/2014

Julie · Married on 06/28/2014

The choice of cupcakes over a wedding cake, for us, was a choice of dessert preference...we both love cupcakes! However, working with Maleia Markgraf at Cupcake Down South was truly a pleasure! Maleia made sure that we had all the information needed to make our decisions (i.e. appropriate number of cupcakes to guests, flavors, pricing, display rental, etc.). The display was beautiful and we got so many compliments on how yummy the cupcakes were! We ordered 360 mini cupcakes (and a mega-cupcake for the cake cutting), and I believe we only took home about 20...just enough to save for our first anniversary.

We absolutely made the right choice...cupcakes over a wedding cake! Thank you Maleia and Cupcake Down South! You added a special touch to our wedding reception.

Sent on 07/06/2014

Lisa · Married on 05/17/2014

We made the decision to go with Cupcake instead of a traditional cake because we live in Charleston and absolutely LOVE their cupcakes! We have ordered from them before, but not in the quantity we ordered for the wedding. They were absolutely wonderful and flexible with the delivery. Everything turned out great and my family was even arguing about who got to take home the extras. We love Cupcake!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Madeline · Married on 05/15/2014

The cup cakes were amazing and looked gorgeous on their stand.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Barbara · Married on 05/03/2014

Overall, Cupcake Downsouth was wonderful to work with! We had a small snag with the delivery charge for our order, but they were very responsive and professional in dealing with the issue right away.

We ordered 5 dozen mini cupcakes for our "rehearsal" dinner and had them delivered to the beach house where our wedding festivities took place. The order arrived correct, on-time, and everything was DELICIOUS! We had no leftovers! The giant red velvet cupcake we used for our "cake cutting" was so cute and a huge hit!

As someone who can't eat eggs or dairy, I was delighted to find out they had vegan cupcakes available! My guests told me they couldn't tell the difference between the vegan option and the rest of the cupcakes choices.

With reasonable prices, great service, and great tasting cupcakes, I highly recommend using Cupcake Downsouth for your next event!

Sent on 05/24/2014

KEESHA · Married on 05/02/2014

Cupcakes down south was the most patient and professional company I've worked with. My wedding was amazing and the cupcakes were perfect. I really let cupcakes down south guide me in terms of flavors and the very cool arrangement they set up at the restaurant. My husband is gluten-free so all of our cupcakes for gluten-free which was an added bonus.

Sent on 05/21/2014

the cupcakes were the most delicious cupcakes i have ever had!!! delivery was on time. everyone was professional and proficient!!!!

Sent on 05/28/2014

Angie · Married on 03/08/2014

Cupcakes were great. They were delivered to site for a small fee. They allowed us to do a free tasting. Then they allow you to pick flavors from that season. There were plenty of flavors to pick from. They were very helpful from the minute I contacted them to the day of my wedding.

Sent on 04/06/2014

Jessica · Married on 03/07/2014

Cupcake Down South did an amazing job with cupcakes for my reception. We were allowed to go to their store to do a free tasting. We were not disappointed. Everything we tasted was wonderful. I worked with Maleia Markgraf to place my order. She made it all so easy. Pick my flavors, tell her how many and done! They delivered the cupcakes to my reception venue on time. All of our guest raved about how great the cupcakes were.

Sent on 03/29/2014

Melissa · Married on 02/15/2014

Everyone at my wedding said the cupcakes were amazing! I chose the mini ones and one mega one. The guest thought the mini ones were the perfect size and loved being able to try several different flavors. The mega one looked beatiful on top of all the minis. I was extremely happy & completely satisfied!

Sent on 02/27/2014
  • User2059734 · 2+ years ago

Cupcakes were delicious and ready when we needed them. They even added a special touch by putting sugared sprinkles on top to match the wedding colors. The chocolate icing is to die for!

Sent on 10/03/2012

Anna-Marie · Married on 03/05/2012

The cupcakes were beautiful, unique and delicious!!!!!!

Sent on 03/20/2012
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 07/02/2011

Rather than having a traditional wedding cake, my husband and I chose to have cupcakes at our relatively small wedding. The cupcakes were amazing! We tried several different bakeries in Charleston, but always kept coming back to our first choice, Cupcake. We had red velvet cupcakes, among a selection of the seasonal choices, and they were so delicious! I highly recommend Cupcake for your wedding or just to satisfy a sweet tooth! :-)

Sent on 07/19/2011

Cupcakes Downsouth was wonderful to work with! As a couple that has gluten intolerances, it is difficult to find a bakery that is delicious and affordable. Cupcakes was definitely both!!!

Sent on 03/16/2015

Soooooo good. We looked forward to the cupcakes as much as we did the actual ceremony, and the wait was worth it. We opted for a variety of the day's flavors for our special day. For the extra charge, we had the cupcakes delivered, which were delivered on time.

Sent on 10/12/2014

We ordered our wedding cupcakes from Cupcake Downsouth and our experience was great! All of the staff worked so hard with us to complete our order and keep with our budget. The cupcakes were such a big hit with all of our guests, they especially loved that there were so many flavors to choose from instead of just one kind of wedding cake. We ordered one of the mega cupcakes to act as the "top of our cake" that my husband and I cut, and it worked out perfectly. For a small fee the cupcakes were delivered to our venue for us and we didn't have to worry about anything. I would recommend Cupcake Downsouth to anyone for your wedding day!!

Sent on 05/28/2014

Maleia was great to work with in setting up cupcakes for our wedding. She was very responsive which was helpful since I didn't live in the area. I was able to choose any of the 9 cupcake flavors that were available the day of your wedding, plus 1 other flavor from any other day. I'd recommend using them, they cupcakes are amazing!

Sent on 10/28/2014

Kasey · Married on 04/11/2015

The cupcakes were delicious!! I absolutely LOVE the icing. They are very pretty as well! We mixed the styles of cupcakes we had (red velvet, black bottom, salted caramel, bourbon pecan, key lime)- we kept them the way they originally are decorated, but you are able to have them all white iced or whatever color you want to match your wedding. My only complaint is that they gave us the wrong top cake. We wanted black bottom and they gave us red velvet instead. Overall- the cupcakes were very pretty and delicious!

Sent on 04/14/2015

Catherine · Married on 05/17/2014

I really enjoyed planning our dessert selection, especially since Cupcake has so many fun flavors! Maleia was lovely to work with, and very responsive. No problems with service or quality! I do wish there weren't restrictions on which flavors can be ordered for special events, but that is understandable. Delivery and special requests can also be very pricey, so just be mindful of that. Overall, everyone really loved our cupcakes (lemon blueberry, strawberry waffle, and gluten free minis)!

Sent on 07/03/2014

The cupcakes were perfect, the packaging was nice enough to use as a display and the flavor and quality of the cupcakes were great. There were none left over because our guests liked them so much.

Sent on 06/20/2014

Yum!! Cupcake of Charleston, SC delivered (literally) hundreds of cupcakes and cakepops to our wedding in October 2012. The cupcakes replaced a more traditional wedding cake, and were the rave of the wedding! We were able to select the flavors, icing, and even the colored sprinkles on top. Cupcake delivered the cupcakes directly to our venue and set them up in a beautiful display. They even coordinated with our florist to decorate the stand. Delicious!

Sent on 03/29/2013

laura · Married on 02/28/2015

Cupcakes Downsouth were excellent. Everyone at our wedding kept talking about the delicious red velvet cake pops!!!

Sent on 03/16/2015
  • User4201862 · 2+ years ago

Amazing cupcakes! Everyone loved them!

Sent on 06/25/2014

Sarah · Married on 01/11/2014

The cupcakes were delicious and beautiful! Everyone loved them. It would have been nice if the $40 delivery fee included set up. And a discount for such a large order would have been nice too... something like order 10 dozen and get a dozen free.

Sent on 02/21/2014