Culinary Arts Catering Reviews

21 | North Las Vegas, NV

21 Reviews for Culinary Arts Catering

21 Culinary Arts Catering Reviews

Courtney · Married on 04/06/2013

I got married April 6th at the Springs Preserve. I was nervous about booking there since they exclusively use Culinary Arts Catering. I hadn't read very many reviews, but we loved the venue so much we decided to go for it. The prices are AMAZING, by far the cheapest I could find in the Las Vegas area! We went with the standard buffet of Chicken, Beef Short Rib & Pasta Primavera, and it was fantastic. The Chicken was perfectly cooked and moist, the beef fell apart and the Pasta was delicious. We also had Caesar salad, cheese potatoes and veggies all of which were phenomenal. Desserts were included and same thing, home run! Everyone raved about how great everything was! The chef came out and introduced himself, and the wait staff was extremely nice! Could not be happier with my experience with Culinary Arts!

• Aspen

Aspen · Married on 02/16/2013

Sydni Sayles headed up everything for our reception. She bent over backwards, pulled late hours and even dealt with all of the last minute changes I constantly threw at her without a second glance! Our food was absolutely incredible and other than a few very very small snags with the waiting staff that night, everything was perfect! I can't thank Sydni and her staff enough for making our night so memorable and our decision so easy!

Carol · Married on 02/12/2013

This is a little late--my event was 4 1/2 months ago.
    The celebration was the 25th anniversary of our local chapter of a national construction organization. Trisha and her staff did a terrific job and the event was an incredible success. Because of the economy our chapter had shrunk so my committee was small and we taxed Trisha with all our questions. She was never flustered with us and came up with great ideas and solutions. You are so lucky to have her and her staff at the Smith Center for the Performing Arts.
    Carol Coleman, FCSI

Trisha was amazing for our whole experience. She was always available to answer questions when we had them and was always responsive via email when needed. She was very patient with us till the very end and made our Wedding better than we could have ever imagined. Our ultimate goal was to make sure that our guests' bellies were satisfied and that nobody went home hungry. Mission accomplished. All our guests spoke about how good the food was and how full they were after the cocktail hour. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. Trisha was great and helped us plan everything from our cake display to how our tables and food would be set up. We loved every single one of her ideas. She made everything so easy for us. Thanks Trisha!

Being from an Italian family, having good food was essential for our wedding. We had a fantastic experience with Culinary Arts Catering. The food they prepared was all plentiful and wonderful- I still get compliments on it- and it was at a reasonable cost. The staff was great and accommodating. I really had no complaints from our event and would highly recommend their services.

Alexis · event on: 04/16/2013

Easy scheduling/ordering and price was consistent or cheaper than brining in an outside vendor.

Gary · event on: 06/13/2013

Can't think of anything to make it better, if I was being really picky would change the menu up more frequently. Staff is amazing!,

• I

Ina · event on: 06/15/2013

My event was my second annual health & wellness conference spanning the weekend of June 15 and 16. I was very satisfied with the level of service, responsiveness, cooperation and flexibility I encountered throughout the process of booking my event, starting with my original sales liaison Kim Koniski all the way through to event execution, where Trisha Neel and the onsite team Massoud and Juan assisted me in every aspect possible to my greatest satisfaction during my event. I would like to specifically commend Massoud and his tireless dedication to our needs, as we had a few challenging encounters with the conference room technology during our fast-paced weekend event.

• User3363629 · event on: 05/11/2013

The catering team was wonderful and very responsive. Great follow up.

Janice · event on: 12/04/2012

The service was great and the food fantastic.

Kinsey · Married on 09/01/2016

Yuti, Chef Patrick, and Matt were absolutely wonderful to work with!! We first had a tasting with both of our families at the Smith Center prior to the wedding! They were incredibly accommodating with everything we were looking for in food and drinks for our wedding. Yuti and Patrick were always so quick to respond to questions which was very helpful considering we were planning our wedding from Australia!
    The day of the wedding the food and drinks were wonderful! I was really worried about my bridal party getting the passed apps because they were taking photos, so as soon as I sat down I asked if we could get them immediately and they showed up right away, warm and wonderful! I wasn't able to see the presentation of the cocktail hour due to taking photos, but all of the food and drinks were as expected!
    Of course this is the biggest expense for a wedding, and seeing as though we were married at the Smith Center we were only given a few options to use for food and drinks. We were extremely happy with Culinary Arts and everyone involved with our wedding day!

• User3357310 · event on: 10/27/2012

The professionalism of this staff was exceptional. The promptness in proving my company with the requested information and quotes helped us to move forward in our planning rapidly.

Ms Neal and her staff were extremely helpful. When we had to postpone the event, she moved quickly to get us some resolution.
    When our event was rescheduled in the venue where patrons purchased their own food, the staffing was still excellent. Many of our guests were impressed with the food and service.

3.5

Loved working with Culinary Arts, they made my wedding that much more special and memorable. My guests were all very impressed, as was I.

• User3338247 · event on: 05/16/2013

3.5

We were very happy with the facility and services provided.

• User3348115 · event on: 05/13/2013

3.8
      3.0

My event with Culinary Arts Catering was an overall success.

I rated “value” three stars as the event cost more than double my original budget. However, there were concessions made to help me keep my costs to a minimum. Thank you.

The space used for our event was not at all ideal. We featured a fashion show and therefore needed dressing rooms. This proved to be a challenge that was eventually resolved. Also, we used an outdoor space that I would not recommend in warmer months as it receives direct sunlight. Though I wished we had moved the event indoors, the staff was very helpful on the day of moving tables and the buffet to the shaded locations.

Our guests really enjoyed the food and the Chef’s secret iced tea recipe.

Janet · Married on 09/09/2016

3.8
      3.5

Culinary Arts Catering is one of the few vendors that partners with the Smith Center, which is where our wedding venue was. They did an excellent job helping us pick out the menu items. They also gave us an excellent deal on the food. When the portions came out during the reception, it was huge!! All the guests were surprised by the quality and portion size, which makes it worth the money. However, the bar and appetizer package is a little pricey because you have to pay the service charge. Also, the appetizer package was a little underwhelming and did not taste as good as when we did our tasting. One of the servers also spilt sauce on two of my guests, which they ultimately had to leave because it was all over their shirts. Overall, it was a good experience.

• User3375621 · event on: 11/07/2012

1.5
      1.5

Every time I called to confirm venue or make updates I was given to a new person. Voicemails & emails were not answered for weeks.

Heather · Married on 04/01/2012

1.8
      0.5

Culinary Arts Catering took over my wedding catering from Wolfgang Puck, after they became the official caterer at the Springs Preserve. While the food at my wedding was delicious, the service leading up to my wedding was TERRIBLE! I left several phone messages and a few threatening emails before anyone would get back to me after the merger- this was only a few months before my wedding and they already had my down payment from Wolfgang Puck, which was a significant amount of money. They were very pleasant when they finally got back to me, and were flexible with my catering wishes. However, the person handling my wedding was switched 2 or 3 times, and then finally they contracted Tory L Cooper, to handle my day-of event planning. She was great the day of, but caused me considerable stress leading up to my wedding as she couldn't be bothered to read my contract before contacting me about wedding details to ask me questions that were already answered in our catering contract. Overall my wedding was amazing, but the process leading up to it was HUGELY stressful- more so than necessary because of Culinary Arts Catering.

Sent on 07/02/2013

Culinary Arts Catering's reply:

We are sorry that the change in personnel made your wedding preparations stressful, but we are pleased that your actual event was amazing. We are always looking for ways to improve our services and appreciate your constructive feedback.

Sean · Married on 09/02/2012

1.8
      1.0

We fell in love with Spring's Preserve the minute we stepped on to the grounds. After looking at several different venues, it had the exact feel that we wanted our wedding to have. We had our ceremony at the Garden's Arboretum and the reception at the Garden's Terrace. It was truly a gorgeous venue and very unique to Las Vegas. That being said, if you want to have your wedding at Spring's, you are forced to have Culinary Arts as your caterer. Had we not been so crazy about Spring's, we may not have gone this route. Culinary Arts was lacking in professionalism, did not appear to be competent, and were difficult to deal with every step of the way, giving us misinformation on our first visit, constantly changing our quotes (read EACH and every invoice very carefully!), to not being available the weekend of our wedding when they said they would (our cupcakes were being delivered the day before our wedding) and entirely screwing up our entrees. Hopefully they will get their act together, as I know Culinary Arts has only been at Springs for one year, because Spring's Preserve is a gorgeous venue that really has no comparison in the Las Vegas Valley.

Sent on 10/13/2012

Culinary Arts Catering's reply:

We’re very sorry to hear about the challenges you had in arranging your wedding at the Springs Preserve. As the caterer of record, Culinary Arts Catering is committed to providing superb customer service and delicious food in the unique natural setting that makes the Preserve such a premiere wedding destination. In the last year, we have worked closely with the Springs Preserve staff to deliver many creative and seamless events, and can customize wedding packages to suit a range of budgets and objectives. We deeply regret the frustration and disappointment you experienced, and are glad that overall you enjoyed your wedding and were pleased with the set-up of your ceremony, reception spaces and ready rooms, the service the staff provided during the reception, and the quality of the hors d’oeuvres and dessert. We are always striving to improve our performance, so we really appreciate your feedback.

anne · event on: 04/14/2012

0.8
      0.5
      1.0

We held an educational event at the Springs Preserves Saturday, April 14th, 2012 from 8:00am – 3:00pm. (2012 so over a year ago) This is is the second year in a row that we have done this educational event at the Springs Preserve. In addition, we have done several holiday parties at the Springs Preserve. In prior years, we have dealt with Merlinda Genson through Wolfgang Puck Catering. This year, with the food service change, we dealt with Merlinda Genson through Culinary Arts Catering. We were very unhappy with the food and service. Breakfast pastries were stale or undercooked (cinnamon rolls). We had a Deli Lunch buffet planned 12:30-1:30 for 120 people. At 12:25, we went to the area the food was to be setup and realized there was not anything setup. We immediately called Merlinda and told her and she said she would get on it right away. After seeing no action for about 10 minutes we called several more times. Food started showing up around 12:45 in pieces and lunch was barely setup by 1:05. In addition, once the food was setup, as soon as about 10 people went through the line, we ran out of cheese, roast beef and bread. Which caused us to place several more panicked calls. We then consequently ran out of croutons, cheese again, forks. Each time we had to monitor this and call for more food which took 5-10 minutes to arrive.
    In addition, the food was not setup on serving dishes.The cookies were stale.

Our lunch was sponsored by Novo Nordisk and the rep asked us to take down the Lunch Sponsored by sign because he was embarrassed. Many of our people left before the lunch got setup and never came back. Although we paid for 120 people, we only had 90 people so the food should not have run out ever.
    The service and quality of the food was horrible.
    We love the venue but have not been back because of the food service. It was a big mistake getting rid of Wolfang Puck!

Sent on 07/12/2013

Culinary Arts Catering's reply:

We deeply regret your experience. In the nearly two years since we took over at the Springs Preserve, we have continually strived to improve our services and culinary offerings. Thanks for giving us your input.

Anthony · Married on 04/13/2012

0.6
      0.0

To be clear I have no issue with the wait staff. The caterer however, I had a big issue. The tasting went wonderful. Some of the most amazing food. Then came the actual wedding. . The switched chefs on us and did not tell us. They then proceeded to serve us none of the food we had ordered. It was all dumbed down versions of what we had tasted or completely different. For instance, we ordered and tasted a chicken sandwich with chicken cut off the breast with caramelized onions, tomato, lettuce, and some spicy sauce. What we got was a bun with chicken on it. No sides at all. Condiments weren't even available. We also ordered a burger that was supposed to have pickled ginger and all the fixings. Again we got meat on a bun. That was it. Everything they promised, other than the Mac and cheese bar was missing. The deserts were wrong as well. They didn't even give us the correct flavor for our cake. And they didn't even cook that. They ordered it out.

Sent on 06/30/2013

Culinary Arts Catering's reply:

We’re glad that our wait staff was helpful and professional, and truly regret that the food didn’t meet your expectations. In the nearly two years since we took over at the Springs Preserve, we have continually strived to improve our services and culinary offerings. Thanks for your feedback.