21 Reviews for Culinary Arts Catering

Chairs (1)
Tables (1)
11 Culinary Arts Catering Reviews

3.8

Culinary Arts Catering is one of the few vendors that partners with the Smith Center, which is where our wedding venue was. They did an excellent job helping us pick out the menu items. They also gave us an excellent deal on the food. When the portions came out during the reception, it was huge!! All the guests were surprised by the quality and portion size, which makes it worth the money. However, the bar and appetizer package is a little pricey because you have to pay the service charge. Also, the appetizer package was a little underwhelming and did not taste as good as when we did our tasting. One of the servers also spilt sauce on two of my guests, which they ultimately had to leave because it was all over their shirts. Overall, it was a good experience.

Profile Picture Janet , 9/9/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, House Liquor, Premium Liquor, Lactose Free, American

Yuti, Chef Patrick, and Matt were absolutely wonderful to work with!! We first had a tasting with both of our families at the Smith Center prior to the wedding! They were incredibly accommodating with everything we were looking for in food and drinks for our wedding. Yuti and Patrick were always so quick to respond to questions which was very helpful considering we were planning our wedding from Australia!
The day of the wedding the food and drinks were wonderful! I was really worried about my bridal party getting the passed apps because they were taking photos, so as soon as I sat down I asked if we could get them immediately and they showed up right away, warm and wonderful! I wasn't able to see the presentation of the cocktail hour due to taking photos, but all of the food and drinks were as expected!
Of course this is the biggest expense for a wedding, and seeing as though we were married at the Smith Center we were only given a few options to use for food and drinks. We were extremely happy with Culinary Arts and everyone involved with our wedding day!

Profile Picture Kinsey, 9/1/16, 12 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Gluten Free, Vegan, American, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

I got married April 6th at the Springs Preserve. I was nervous about booking there since they exclusively use Culinary Arts Catering. I hadn't read very many reviews, but we loved the venue so much we decided to go for it. The prices are AMAZING, by far the cheapest I could find in the Las Vegas area! We went with the standard buffet of Chicken, Beef Short Rib & Pasta Primavera, and it was fantastic. The Chicken was perfectly cooked and moist, the beef fell apart and the Pasta was delicious. We also had Caesar salad, cheese potatoes and veggies all of which were phenomenal. Desserts were included and same thing, home run! Everyone raved about how great everything was! The chef came out and introduced himself, and the wait staff was extremely nice! Could not be happier with my experience with Culinary Arts!

Profile Picture Courtney, 4/6/13, 1 Review
4.1

Loved working with Culinary Arts, they made my wedding that much more special and memorable. My guests were all very impressed, as was I.

Profile Picture User3348892, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Sydni Sayles headed up everything for our reception. She bent over backwards, pulled late hours and even dealt with all of the last minute changes I constantly threw at her without a second glance! Our food was absolutely incredible and other than a few very very small snags with the waiting staff that night, everything was perfect! I can't thank Sydni and her staff enough for making our night so memorable and our decision so easy!

Profile Picture Aspen, 2/16/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

This is a little late--my event was 4 1/2 months ago.
The celebration was the 25th anniversary of our local chapter of a national construction organization. Trisha and her staff did a terrific job and the event was an incredible success. Because of the economy our chapter had shrunk so my committee was small and we taxed Trisha with all our questions. She was never flustered with us and came up with great ideas and solutions. You are so lucky to have her and her staff at the Smith Center for the Performing Arts.
Carol Coleman, FCSI

Profile Picture Carol, 2/12/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Trisha was amazing for our whole experience. She was always available to answer questions when we had them and was always responsive via email when needed. She was very patient with us till the very end and made our Wedding better than we could have ever imagined. Our ultimate goal was to make sure that our guests' bellies were satisfied and that nobody went home hungry. Mission accomplished. All our guests spoke about how good the food was and how full they were after the cocktail hour. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. Trisha was great and helped us plan everything from our cake display to how our tables and food would be set up. We loved every single one of her ideas. She made everything so easy for us. Thanks Trisha!

Profile Picture User2870806, 2+ years ago, 12 Reviews
Category: Catering

Being from an Italian family, having good food was essential for our wedding. We had a fantastic experience with Culinary Arts Catering. The food they prepared was all plentiful and wonderful- I still get compliments on it- and it was at a reasonable cost. The staff was great and accommodating. I really had no complaints from our event and would highly recommend their services.

Profile Picture User3389391, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
1.8

We fell in love with Spring's Preserve the minute we stepped on to the grounds. After looking at several different venues, it had the exact feel that we wanted our wedding to have. We had our ceremony at the Garden's Arboretum and the reception at the Garden's Terrace. It was truly a gorgeous venue and very unique to Las Vegas. That being said, if you want to have your wedding at Spring's, you are forced to have Culinary Arts as your caterer. Had we not been so crazy about Spring's, we may not have gone this route. Culinary Arts was lacking in professionalism, did not appear to be competent, and were difficult to deal with every step of the way, giving us misinformation on our first visit, constantly changing our quotes (read EACH and every invoice very carefully!), to not being available the weekend of our wedding when they said they would (our cupcakes were being delivered the day before our wedding) and entirely screwing up our entrees. Hopefully they will get their act together, as I know Culinary Arts has only been at Springs for one year, because Spring's Preserve is a gorgeous venue that really has no comparison in the Las Vegas Valley.

Profile Picture Sean, 9/2/12, 9 Reviews
0.7

To be clear I have no issue with the wait staff. The caterer however, I had a big issue. The tasting went wonderful. Some of the most amazing food. Then came the actual wedding. . The switched chefs on us and did not tell us. They then proceeded to serve us none of the food we had ordered. It was all dumbed down versions of what we had tasted or completely different. For instance, we ordered and tasted a chicken sandwich with chicken cut off the breast with caramelized onions, tomato, lettuce, and some spicy sauce. What we got was a bun with chicken on it. No sides at all. Condiments weren't even available. We also ordered a burger that was supposed to have pickled ginger and all the fixings. Again we got meat on a bun. That was it. Everything they promised, other than the Mac and cheese bar was missing. The deserts were wrong as well. They didn't even give us the correct flavor for our cake. And they didn't even cook that. They ordered it out.

Profile Picture Anthony, 4/13/12, 1 Review
1.9

Culinary Arts Catering took over my wedding catering from Wolfgang Puck, after they became the official caterer at the Springs Preserve. While the food at my wedding was delicious, the service leading up to my wedding was TERRIBLE! I left several phone messages and a few threatening emails before anyone would get back to me after the merger- this was only a few months before my wedding and they already had my down payment from Wolfgang Puck, which was a significant amount of money. They were very pleasant when they finally got back to me, and were flexible with my catering wishes. However, the person handling my wedding was switched 2 or 3 times, and then finally they contracted Tory L Cooper, to handle my day-of event planning. She was great the day of, but caused me considerable stress leading up to my wedding as she couldn't be bothered to read my contract before contacting me about wedding details to ask me questions that were already answered in our catering contract. Overall my wedding was amazing, but the process leading up to it was HUGELY stressful- more so than necessary because of Culinary Arts Catering.

Profile Picture Heather, 4/1/12, 1 Review