Cuisine America Catered Events Reviews

1 User photo

Cuisine America Catered Events 1
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 10/05/2018

Cuisine America goes above and beyond with their catering. Their food is so amazing, they have many props to borrow, and Mary made sure that I had a drink in my hand the entire night of my wedding to stay hydrated. During the buffet they served my husband and I at our seats so we didnt need to get up and they took care of us the entire night. I have never seen this before at a wedding where people were SO taken care of. We felt better than we do when we visit restaurants. Their service stood out so much to us at our wedding that my husband and I made several comments to eachother about how great their service was. We highly highly recommend! Also Mary is one of the nicest people we have ever met.

Rebecca · Married on 08/18/2018

This vendor was worth every penny and then some! Cuisine America allowed us access to their rentals to help with decorating our venue space, and Mary Catherine has an incredibly impressive haul to accommodate all tastes! She is very well prepared to discuss and make recommendations to arrange your venue and help with a timeline and coordination, and her husband's skills in the kitchen are equally profound. We had an offbeat wedding menu which Cuisine America deliciously prepared (we received endless compliments). We actually had a taste testing and one dish was unable to be prepared in time for the testing, so Cuisine America had us come back at another time to pick it up and we were surprised to find entire trays prepared that could feed an army. The company even prepared take home trays for us after our wedding that we were able to bring home to enjoy. All of the company's staff are well trained, professional, and are able to accommodate even the most detail oriented of brides.

Deb · Married on 11/24/2017

Aside from searching for a venue, searching for a caterer was the most daunting task for our wedding. Luckily, Cuisine America is one of the preferred vendors at our venue and we are so fortunate we went with them. First, the food was AMAZING. We did family style and our guests were thrilled with the variety and the flavor of everything. Mary Catherine and Jim were incredibly accommodating and helped tailor a menu to fit our theme: craft beer. They helped us with suggestions and were great taking our requests. We even got to take our leftovers home and we're still enjoying them and they're still amazing! Mary Catherine and Jim are very thorough and want to ensure that the menu is perfect so we had multiple tastings until everything was exactly how we wanted it.

Not only are these lovely people to work with, the food is incredible, the value is incredible, they have decor they allow you to borrow for free.

Thank you Cuisine America for making our wedding the best it could be!!

Ciara · Married on 10/13/2017

Cuisine America was so accomodating throughout our entire wedding planning process. We met them at an open house that our venue had. They're food is delicious! Every single food item that we tried was good. Whenever you have a question , they are very quick to respond. Also, they were very flexible, and willing to work with us to make sure we stayed in budget. They set up a private tasting for you. Also, they provide decor for you to borrow! It was perfect! Our wedding meal was delicious!! Everything from the appetizers to the main course to the desert. All of our guests were raving about our food. I am so happy we booked Cuisine America for our wedding!

Cuisine America Catered Events 2
  • User7289390 · 1+ year ago

My husband and I hired Cuisine America as our caterer for our September 2017 wedding. I cannot say enough good things about the service they provided and the execution of the food for our wedding day. Mary Catherine is fantastic not only because of the caterer aspect, but because she has a room full of decor that she allows her couples to use for their wedding day free of charge. She was more than willing to work within our budget and was so patient with us when we were trying to plan the wedding from out-of-state. Her husband, Jim, takes care of the food preparation and he does a great job. He was even willing to sit down with us and tweaked the alfredo sauce to our liking. Our guests complimented the food during and after the wedding. We did a buffet style dinner with 150 guests and it took no longer than 15 minutes for all of our guests to have a plate full of food, which was great. We requested to take the leftover food home with us and they boxed everything up for us to take which was much appreciated! Thank-you Cuisine America for everything you did to make our wedding day so perfect, we cannot thank-you enough for your amazing food, service, and decor. I highly recommend their services!!

Lorenz · Married on 09/02/2017

Mary Catherine was such a delight to work with. We sat with her for an initial tasting and left with tons of food. The day of the wedding every one left so full and very satisfied with their meals. Not to mention, Mary Catherine also allowed us to borrow a ton of her event decorations for no charge and even brought them to the venue for us. Her event staff was on top of their game and communicated with us throughout the entire night. Very pleased with their services and affordability!

Josh · Married on 07/03/2017

Cuisine America is incredible! We worked with them from start to finish on planning our wedding. From helping us select a venue, to planning specific details, to the delicious and plentiful food served at the wedding, everything about working with Mary Catherine and Jim was wonderful. The staff on the day of the wedding was great, and Mary Catherine made sure that all things catering went off without a hitch and helped make our wedding look beautiful. Best of all, they were realistic about what we wanted while also being incredibly kind and supportive. Simply put, they made what everyone said would be a stressful process very easy.

My wedding would not have been the same without Mary Catherine - she helped pull everything together. When you are faced with so many choices and decisions in planning your wedding, she helped keep us on track with all the details. She has so much experience in planning events, if you do not know what you are doing, she will guide you in the right direction. She arranged for the place settings, table linens, and chair covers - and our wedding colors looked beautiful in the reception space. She will let you borrow items if you need them too, she had stands for the table numbers and candles to line the window ledges that we used. She also went above and beyond and helped save us money on our ceremony chair rental. As far as the food, that was really great too. Jim is very flexible in how the food is prepared, if you have special requests, he can accommodate them. We went to 2 tastings before our event, which are helpful because there is such a large variety of entree, side, salad, vegetable, and bread choices. The vegetarian lasagna was excellent and I wish I had leftovers, I would eat it every day for a month! The service staff during the event was very responsive and professional as well. I had a great experience with Cuisine America and would strongly recommend them.

Carrie · Married on 09/27/2014

I have only positive things to say about working with Mary Catherine and the whole Cuisine America Team. From the first contact to eating the plates her staff made for my husband and I to take home, the whole experience has been fabulous. It was definitely worth a couple trips out to Elgin from Chicago to meet Mary Catherine in person, do a tasting, and work out the details. She had so many great ideas and her ample experience in wedding catering and planning help me sort out some of my own details that I was stuck on (menu for each person vs. one per table, favor ideas, etc). Now on to the food. The food was delicious, which my husband and I knew it would be. We loved the food we tried at the tasting and the Cuisine America chef worked with us to help develop a unique menu. All of my guests, the DJ, the photographer, and the venue staff came up to me to tell me that it was the best wedding food they have ever had. If you pick Cuisine America, you will not be disappointed, from start to finish working with them was a dream.

Kelly · Married on 07/12/2014

Cuisine America was great! We had a tasting of the food to see how it was and the quality and deliciousness blew us away. Mary Catherine and her husband were fantastic to work with. They were flexible, accommodating, and gave us a lot of great suggestions. You can tell they have had a lot of experience. They were extremely professional and did their best to make sure that everything ran smoothly - and it did! Everyone was raving about how fluid the whole night ran. This would not have been possible without Mary Catherine and the Cuisine America staff. They were able to answer every one of our questions and/or concerns and they helped us think about situations that we didn't even know could arise. We had around 140 people at the wedding and we decided to do family style salad/homemade dressings/homemade breads, and then an entree buffet. We were a little skeptical at first about how it would go since all of the buffets that we've ever been to take a long time to get through...but Cuisine America had everyone through within 15-20 minutes!! The event could not have been better. We would highly recommend Cuisine America to everyone!!

Cuisine America did a wonderful job on my wedding day. The food was wonderful and my guests were extremely happy with everything. My caterer also helped me find my florist and she gave me wonderful suggestions on how to deal with the stress of planning a wedding.

Audrey · Married on 05/16/2015

Perfect! Having Mary Catherine help with my wedding was a dream. She mostly went through my mother in law since she was handling the food cost, but she was such a help! The business was phenomenal because it's basically like your own menu. My husband and I got what we both wanted and the food was delicious. The fact we were able to sample whatever we desired was great because my husband and I are picky. Food is a big thing at the wedding and she made it a breeze. She even lets you borrow items from her at no cost! It saved a lot of money on centerpieces. I couldn't imagine going anywhere else. Someday if I ever need an event catered I will come to Cusine America. Such a friendly and professional business.

Lindsey · Married on 10/22/2011

Working with Mary Catherine for our reception was a dream! She really knew her stuff and I felt safe letting her run the show on our big day. The food was huge portions and the guests raved about how good the food was! She did everything I requested for the design and layout of the rooms and tables, and made everything so beautiful. Working with Cuisine America could not have been better for us!

Vicki · Married on 10/05/2013

Mary Catherine and her staff were very professional and reliable. They took care of place cards, favors and all decor except the flowers. The room looked just beautiful. The food was very good, and we had several people tell us it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. We had a brunch with lots of choices, including broccoli cheddar quiche, roast sirloin of beef and homemade breads. The chef carved a gorgeous watermelon bowl and filled it with fresh berries. The staff were very efficient and not intrusive. The cost was very reasonable for the quality and variety of food.

• User4201876 · 2+ years ago

3.5

As we began plans for our daughter's May, 2014 wedding, like everyone else I started asking friends, family-everyone-for recommendations. When it came to catering, Cuisine America was the ONLY name I kept hearing over and over. I first met with Mary Catherine myself, as well as calling several other places... It was immediately clear to me that Cuisine America would be one of my choices. It was not my wedding, however, so I returned to see Mary Catherine with my daughter and son-in-law. She, once again, took time to explain so many things to us all. The three of us came away from that meeting with a deposit down and a feeling of certainty. A few months later, after the tasting, we knew we had made the right choice-Jim is an amazing chef !

She gave us many options for pricing-things we could do to save us money, things she had available that would not need to be rented. I appreciated her honesty, flexibility, and concern for our budget. As time went on, we ended up having cuisine America cater both the wedding as well as the rehearsal dinner! In both cases the food was scrumptious, with tons left over-no one went away hungry. I want the reader to know that Cuisine America is professional, amazing at what they do, and to be trusted. I had not one concern during the entire rehearsal and wedding day-I didn't even go check on the kitchen, so certain was I that things were being handled! And indeed they were. Every single guest we spoke to-and I am not exaggerating-mentioned how delicious the food was!

I will whole heartedly recommend CA (and already have!) to any and all, and will use them again if we ever ended a caterer!

Bridget · Married on 07/29/2017

2.5

The food provided by this vendor was delicious and they gave a decent price. We got a lot of compliments on the food at our wedding. Mary Catherine went above and beyond, such as providing extra tastings to make sure we got what we wanted and she also helped provide decorations for our special day. The only complaint we have is they did not serve the meal we asked for because they left off ingredients that we wanted on the chicken dish. Overall, they provided a great service and I would recommend them.

Paige · Married on 06/20/2015

3.5

Our guest raved about the food! Mary Catherine and Jim did a wonderful job. They were very generous (which can be hard to find with wedding vendors) with time and resources. Their staff was very professional. Mary Catherine handled coordinating our tent, chairs, and linens which was very helpful and everything was beautiful! After the event my parents got plenty of leftovers and used them to feed friends and family that helped during the wedding week! 3 words. Bacon. Wrapped. Dates. !!!

Jennifer · Married on 10/11/2014

4.2
      2.5

Food was great along with service, but was upset about leftovers. They put the salad and dressing in a bad together so when we got home from our wedding it was so soggy and we had to throw away three bags!!! Also they did not include gratuity so on the night of my wedding my parents were scrambling trying to find money next time they should tell people!

4.2
      3.5

They can cook amazing food! Anything they make is delicious! Their servers for the event were top-notch. Some of the frantic feelings in planning could have been avoided if they responded to calls or e-mails better. Trust them in terms of their recommendations for your cake vendor; but plan time to make your own centerpieces.

Jacki · Married on 09/05/2008

3.0
      3.0
      2.0

Let me start by saying the food was great, and day of service was good. My major issues with Cuisine America came in all of the planning stages. There would be long stretches when I wouldn't hear anything. Sometimes they were on vacation and had left no indication on the voice mail or email that they would be gone for more than 3 days. When I did hear back there would be no progress. We had some major communication breakdown. The chef was looking for us to give him specific recipes and we were looking for him to put a 'meal' together for us. We were stuck in this loop for about 2 and a half months. We lived in Oregon at the time and it was often hard to get a hold of someone within Cuisine America. I would set clear expectations when working with Cuisine America. If you do you will be satisfied, if not, you'll most likely end up like me, satisfied in the end, but miserable in the process.