Crystal Gardens Banquet/Conference/Event Center Reviews

56 | Southgate, MI

56 Reviews for Crystal Gardens Banquet/Conference/Event Center

Chelsea · Married on 05/14/2016

WHAT AN AWESOME VENUE!!!! We just got married May 14th, 2016 and it was perfect. They performed our wedding day perfectly. We had Prime Rib (delicious), Mashed Potatoes (even more delicious), Chicken Piccata, and Broccoli. They did everything we needed them to do. There was a master of ceremonies on the day of that handled every detail. I had no worries. They accommodated our special bar requests flawlessly. I would recommend them to anyone trying to plan a wedding on a reasonable budget. Really top notch.

Carla · Married on 09/06/2015

Fantastic from start to finish!!

• Kristie & Tim

Kristie · Married on 05/30/2015

Awesome place for our bridal shower! they provided tables, linens, set up and clean up and microphone with stage! we had a beautiful room and lunch buffet. Very spacious beautiful room with good food with good staff. Thank you crystal gardens!

Tim & Kristie

I love Crystal Gardens. Everyone there is very nice and extremely flexible. If you are able to spend a little bit more on your overall dinner, go with the package deal where your cake and invitations are included. It is so worth it because it takes extra, unnecessary stress off your shoulders!

• SupermanBride

Taylor · Married on 10/11/2014

My FH worked there through High school, so before we got engaged he always joked about how we could have our reception there and I always said absolutely not.
    After I met with Florence to at least give them a shot, I wanted to book right then and there!
    We are having our wedding at Crystal Park which is their smaller facility in Allen Park and having our ceremony at Taylor Conservatory!
    They have a package that they advertise as "everything but the dress and tux" its so convenient and if you think about it, only having to write one check at the end of it all??? SOO worth it! PLUS they're all great people that work there! I would recomend this venue to any of my friends getting married!!

The venue looked so beautiful and its reasonably priced! Perfect!!!

We had a very large wedding and Crystal Gardens was able to accommodate all of our needs. The service and food were perfect. Our food was sit down service and they were able to serve 450 plated meals of filet and fish that were delicious. We received so many compliments. It was truly an exceptional experience and I would recommend them for a wedding!

Alexandria · Married on 06/18/2011

With Crystal Gardens you pay less to have the best. I received so many compliments about how beautiful the venue is and how accommodating the staff was. They assisted all 200 guests and the food was amazing. They had two other events going on that night( a class reunion and another wedding reception) but it felt like we were the only event going on that night. They were also very flexible with the final guest count and vendor selection. I looked at about 30 venues and I would choose Crystal Gardens again. I've also recommended them to a few brides-to-be!!!

Kristen · Married on 08/14/2010

We used Crystal Gardens for our ceremony and reception. We had an outdoor ceremony on their patio and it turned out great. The reception also went well and they were very on top of making sure everything went as you wanted.

Kristin · Married on 08/06/2010

It was an amazing place in the Howell area for an amazing price!

Crystal · Married on 03/12/2010

I am so glad that we went with Crystal Gardens.. Everything I wanted my wedding to be they did!! my wedding turned out soo good. I told them my ideas the ideas i have had since i was little girl and they made it reality!! when I walked to the baquent hall I was blown away it was my dream!!!

R · Married on 01/09/2010

Everything was perfect! They took care of everything for us! We loved our package! It made everything nice and easy!!

Ashlee · Married on 10/31/2009

I was surprised to find Crystal Gardens was within our budget given their high reputation, but they were a better value than all the other halls we looked into in the downriver area such as the Grecian Center, Arnaldo's, Orlando's, etc. Since we had under 200 guests (115) we had our reception at the Epicurean House which is in Trenton, MI. This worked out for the better I believe because there is only one room there so there's no worries about other parties going on on your special day. I booked Epicurean with about 5 months til the wedding date and was happy to find that it wasn't already booked, as most people will tell you to book the hall a year or more in advance (which I think is a little extreme). The hall was just as beautiful as the main Crystal Gardens center, our MC was amazing and attended to our every need (though I didn't even have to ask her for anything she had it all covered!) the servers were great, bartender too, and the best part is the standard bar package is included in your dinner price!!!! No other halls give you that value. You can upgrade the bar if you want but my guests didn't care about brand name alcohol they just wanted free booze lol! The venue has single use bathrooms which is soooo much better than a stall when you & your bridesmaid are holding up a wedding dress to use the facilities! Great experience, highly recommended.

• O

Olivia · Married on 10/31/2008

Great Service, Great Value, Great Food, Great to work with!

Channon · Married on 08/29/2008

I could not believe how affordable and beautiful at the same time this place was!! Our wedding was perfect and I highly recommend Crystal Gardens in Southgate, MI. I did the Supreme Package and I think you should ask about it...it was so affordable. We got married in the ceremony room and then walked right over to the room in the same building for the reception (It's all at one place so no drive time in between wedding and reception) I paid one really low price for all of these things: ceremony room rental, reception hall rental, dinner (buffet style), open bar, invitations, wedding cake and the dj. Pretty cool package. The staff was very attentive the entire time and everything went so smooth. The only thing I will say that I did not like, was the fact that someone else was getting married too within in hour of me.

Kelly · Married on 07/01/2007

Staff was very nice and accomodating. Food was great. The drinks were a bit watered down. Hall was beautiful!

Michelle · Married on 08/26/2005

Nice

Melissa · Married on 06/24/2011

Crystal Garden's motto, "We're More Than You Imagined For Less Than You Thought," is nothing short of the truth. The Supreme Package is everything a bride is looking for on her special day...especially a bride planning from another state. For me being out of state it was basically a "one stop shop." I could not have been more happy with how smoothly everything went and how lovely my dream day turned out. We received numerous compliments on how elegant everything was and how delicious the food was. Attending my first wedding after my own, I cannot tell you how much more relieved I was at the package we received for our wedding at the price we did. This particular couple had to have paid DOUBLE what we did and we had more options, such as open bar, endless food amount, etc. Definitely everything your looking for in a venue...clean, friendly, elegant!!!

Patricia · Married on 05/30/2010

Everyone there was very courteous, friendly from the start to the ending. When I booked it, they were helpful and answered any and all questions my mother & I had! They were very accomodating and I would recommend them to anyone. YOu can't beat the price for the package you get! And the patio with the gazebo now, is and was just gorgeous and everyone liked the option to go outside as well as be inside :)

Magee · Married on 09/19/2009

Thank goodness for Crystal Gardens!! Planning a wedding is so stressful and just knowing that Crystal Gardens took care of everything, for our reception and rehersal dinner took so much stress off of us! I also loved that the day of the wedding I received a call from them telling me that the banquet room was set up and looked beautiful!! I yes it was amazing when we arrived for our reception that evening! I still get compliments on our wedding reception to this day! How great the food and service was!
    Thank you Crystal Gardens for an amazing night that I had always imagined sense I was a little girl!
    Mr. and Mrs Magee

• birdlady

monica · Married on 05/20/2017

We recently had our wedding ceremony and reception at Crystal Gardens in Southgate. We went with their Supreme Package, which included nearly everything we needed and the price was a great value for what you got! We priced out everything we would have paid by booking everything separately and compared it to the package value and ended up saving a nice chunk of money by getting the package! It was also worth the money because it saved us the hassle of trying to find, book, and coordinate with several different vendors, Crystal's did all of the work! The chapel was very pretty and it was nice that it was inside and right next to the ballrooms, making it convenient and we did not have to worry about the rain! The hall was beautiful when we saw it all set up and they have a wide selection of linens and things to choose from to personalize the space. Everyone we worked with was very kind and friendly. The food the day of the event was delicious, and we had many compliments from the guests! We would definitely recommend Crystal Gardens to any couple looking for a great place to host their wedding, and their Supreme Package for anyone who wants their wedding planning to be super easy!

• Michelle

Michelle · Married on 06/04/2016

Crystal Gardens has worked work my fiance and I to create the wedding we are dreaming of work affordable pricing. They will go the extra mile if you are unsure if you want to book with them.

We were able to have a wonderful wedding at this location! The staff was so helpful and accommodating.

Mary · Married on 10/22/2011

Tammy was great to work with as was everyone else on their staff. We had our reception at the Grosse Ile Country Club and the Crystal Gardens staff made sure that everything went just right for our special day! The food was excellent and we had many complements on the chicken marsala! We used the supreme package which was a great way to go because everything was included in one price! Thanks to all the staff that helped make our day so special!

RAQUEL · Married on 09/13/2009

My husband and I had our wedding at Crystal Gardens and we could not have been more satisfied with every aspect of their service... from the setup... to the constant communication.... to the friendliness of the staff.... to the generosity of their time and facilities. Everything was exactly as planned, if not better. There were items that I forgot to bring to the wedding that they supplied to me last minute, no charge! This is truly a place that puts the couple first... not the establishment!! Everyone commented on how delicious the food was and the service. The inside and outside of the facility is amazing and wonderful for photos. Florence is the sweetest lady around. Ask for her when booking if you want to have a great experience. I had the wedding of my dreams thanks to Crystal Gardens. Highly recommended. Use their beautiful chapel as well for your ceremony, it is gorgeous.