Crystal Ballroom at the Rice Reviews

59 | Houston, TX

59 Reviews for Crystal Ballroom at the Rice

Rachel · Married on 03/18/2017

Jamie and the staff at the crystal ballroom are absolutely amazing. Jamie is so thorough and was so awesome to answer all my 10,000 questions. Getting to sample the food was great, too and they let my husband and I eat our dinner during the cocktail hour to get it out of the way so we could enjoy the entire reception. The day of coordinators took care of us too (and our parents). They always made sure we had a drink in our hand. LOVED the crystal ballroom and wish I could get married all over again just to experience it all over.

Sent on 04/01/2017

Crystal Ballroom at the Rice's reply:

All appreciation is to you, my friend. You, your friends and family are all an absolute JOY! Your friends at the Crystal Ballroom wish you a life of much luck, love and happiness. Jamie

Erika · Married on 07/17/2016

My husband and I just got married a month ago today there. What can we say it was perfect, from the historical richness this place offers, its elegance and excellent service made our day memorable forever. Jamie was very helpful, quick to respond and flexible. The staff that day were beyond excellent. Very kind and professional. Everything was handled in a very organized manner and they made us feel like royalty. I am glad that my wedding was there because the overall experience was wonderful. All my guests continue to talk about the wedding and how beautiful it was.

My daughter and I worked with the Crystal Ballroom and Jamie Purpera for 18 months prior to my daughters wedding. We never seriously considered having the ceremony and reception at any other venue. The historic elegance of the Crystal Ballroom was unmatched by any other venue we visited. Jamie was a pleasure to work with and provided just the right amount of help and guidance through all the planning steps. She graciously shared all kinds of good advice and had many cost saving suggestions. We quickly learned to rely on her expertise. We were excited for the wedding day and relatively calm knowing we were in good hands with Jamie and her staff. The actual day of the wedding was absolutely flawless. Our guests (many from out of town) were floored by the beauty of the location, the wonderful food and the warmth of the staff. There were so many kind gestures throughout the event that made the day special for my daughter. I've never attended an event, anywhere, with a more dedicated, professional staff.

• User4532096 · 2+ years ago

My daughter and I worked with the Crystal Ballroom and Jamie Purpera for 18 months prior to my daughter’s wedding. We never seriously considered having the ceremony and reception at any other venue. The historic elegance of the Crystal Ballroom was unmatched by any other venue we visited. Jamie was a pleasure to work with and provided just the right amount of help and guidance through all the planning steps. She graciously shared all kinds of good advice and had many cost saving suggestions. We quickly learned to rely on her expertise. We were excited for the wedding day and relatively calm knowing we were in good hands with Jamie and her staff. The actual day of the wedding was absolutely flawless. Our guests (many from out of town) were floored by the beauty of the location, the wonderful food and the warmth of the staff. There were so many kind gestures throughout the event that made the day special for my daughter. I've never attended an event, anywhere, with a more dedicated, professional staff.

Sent on 05/23/2016

Crystal Ballroom at the Rice's reply:

It's great people like you, your friends and family that are the reason that we love what we do. Wishing you all much luck, love and happiness.

We had our rehearsal dinner (Sambuca), wedding and wedding reception at the Crystal Ballroom. Erica at Sambuca was great in helping to plan our rehearsal dinner…she was able to get us a private room and bar to host our party. Jamie helped us for two years to plan the wedding and went above and beyond anything we could ask for. The whole place was remodel and everything looks amazing. As for as the planning, Jamie answered everything within a day and was there every step of the way whether it was vendors I needed, amazing food tasting and checking up on us until we left our receptions. She even had a few surprises for the wedding parties waiting in our room while we prepped for the wedding. Food was amazing, people couldn’t get enough. The whole staff was wonderful, never had an empty drink in my hand! All in all, this is absolutely the best place to get married and host a wedding reception. Jamie and her team are the best there is in Houston.

Silvia · Married on 01/23/2016

they are very flexible, and creative. we wanted a personalized menu' and location, and they came up with just the perfect finger food that we had in mind. the tasting is delightful, and the event organizer is very kind and always available for clarifications. the service is good for the price, which is reasonable.

Megan · Married on 10/16/2015

Our Wedding Reception at The Crystal Ballroom could not of been more Perfect! We did the all inclusive package, which was awesome and was less stress on us. Jamie and her staff not only took care of us, but also our parents and wedding party. All of our family and friends are still talking about the great food and service they received at our wedding! We can not thank The Crystal Ballroom staff enough for the fairy tale wedding!

Sent on 12/04/2015

Crystal Ballroom at the Rice's reply:

Great people such as you, your friends and family are the reason that we love what we do. We all wish you much luck, love and happiness in the future. Jamie

Jamie is one of the best wedding coordinators we have seen so far. We looked at so many different venues and Jamie was by far the friendliest and most knowledgeable. Not only that, she was very flexible and accommodating, professional, and well organized. I didn't feel like I had to worry about anything because she was on her toes at all times. The venue was gorgeous, the service was amazing, and the dinner was fantastic. All in all, I am so glad we had our wedding here. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone. Her assistants also did an amazing job of helping us to execute the wedding!

Melissa · Married on 09/04/2015

Jamie and her team are fantastic. They truly know what they are doing and how to make each event perfect & unique.
    We had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception and after party at The Crystal Ballroom and couldn't have made a better decision.
    The all-inclusive package made planning the wedding stress free! Jamie answered all of my crazy questions very quickly.
    The staff during the wedding was wonderful. No detail was missed. Highly recommended.

Suzanne · Married on 06/19/2015

Jamie and her staff are wonderful! Our son and daughter-in-law's wedding and reception was at the Crystal Ballroom. The day was perfect! Thank you!

Krysten · Married on 05/09/2015

We just had our wedding at the Crystal Ballroom (quite literally 2 days ago) and we loved our experience so much that I felt the need to write a raving review right away! We absolutely LOVED the venue - they just renovated the whole lobby area and it is now even more beautiful than before. Not only is it historic, full of artistic and vintage touches, but it is simply quite stunning. The lobby now houses a huge gorgeous chandelier that will wow your guests the second they walk in. The ballroom itself is the perfect setup with a stage, a large dance floor and a space that can make a 200 guest wedding and 400 guest wedding look equally beautiful. I loved the paintings in the room, as well as the wrap around balcony, the carpeting, the tables and gold chavari chairs, the head table where we sat our 20 person wedding party; and the arched wooden windows and doorways. The venue was perfect for our vintage, romantic themed wedding. It is downtown so although there is no parking lot for the venue, there is street parking, garages that are a less than 5 minute walk, and valet service. The bridal suite is beautiful and fit for a princess. We also rented the Empire room and that is where the groom and groomsmen got ready and hung out. We used that space for wedding party photos later. I can't talk about the venue without mentioning that the food is AMAZING! All of our guests raved about the food and that was something that was really important to us. We realize that guests don't usually walk away remembering the linens or the flowers but things like the food and the music are things they will remember for years to come.

In addition to the venue being absolutely perfect, Jamie is a delight to work with. She is the most professional and straightforward venue coordinator you will find. In every meeting and every email we shared with her, she made us a priority. Her response time is amazing and she is a true expert at what she does. We loved her!!!

• Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/02/2015

Everything I wanted and more!!! I only used the venue for my reception.

Everything was beautiful. They have recently remodeled and got everything done before our event. They were willing to work with and outside caterer and were responsive to any of our needs.

Peyton · Married on 01/17/2015

The Crystal Ballroom was the perfect place for our wedding. It was very accommodating for all of our guests. Everyone raved about how delicious the food was and how beautiful the venue was. It was the perfect evening for my husband and I!

• Abby

Abby · Married on 09/27/2014

I only saw this venue because my husband had visited it with his mother and they had liked it despite me originally wanted to keep with the "rustic/vintage" themes that has been so popular the last few years. However, upon visiting it, I knew it was a truer reflection of us and I fell in love with the elegance of the wonderfully restored ballroom. I worked with Jamie who made everything easy, despite me being an out of town bride. She always responded quickly and her staff was friendly and helpful as well. Contract negotiations went smoothly and there are multiple ways to pay. We did a tasting (to which you can have 4 people attend) several months before-- they use Sambuca for catering, and the quality of the food held true to the day of. There was a walk-through about 1 month before where they make a floor plan and ensure everyone is on the same page.
    We did both ceremony and reception here with a cocktail hour down on the first floor lobby. There is valet parking available for $10/car or you can pay for your guests. There are several hotels within walking distance (I walked over) and a lot of people used taxis/uber to get around too.
    We had around 200 people with a royal table, so the room looked full without being crowded, and the stage was perfect for our live band. I will say, try to see the ballroom at the time you're going to have your wedding, it absolutely looks different in the evening than in early morning light.
    Jamie and her staff were AMAZING day of, everything was running smoothly; they made sure we got fed and I always had a drink on hand. They were super sweet to me, and I really appreciate all they did for us.

Lan · Married on 09/26/2014

Beautiful venue with a great staff! Service was top notch! We never had to ask for anything during the event. Food was great as well. Thank for making our wedding so memorable. :)

• User3592074 · 2+ years ago

Fantastic venue, it is beautiful!! Jamie is so easy to work with and made my daughters wedding fantastic. I highly recommend this venue, they will work with anything you want.

• Y

Yamel · Married on 05/25/2014

My husband and I fell in love with this place the moment we saw it when we were venue hunting. We fell even more in love the day of our wedding. We held our ceremony and reception at the Crystal Ballroom and it was amazing. The staff is beyond attentive. The food was great and HOT when it was served to our guests (we had a sit down dinner, so temperature of the food was really important to me) Our guests are still talking about how great the servers were. It feels good to hear great feedback from our guests. I have never been to a wedding where the staff take your drinks order from the tables but the staff at our wedding did! No long lines to get drink at the bar because the staff was bringing you a new one before you finished the one in your hand. Sarah was our event coordinator for the night and she made sure we didnt go without!!

Sarah · Married on 05/24/2014

OH MY GOSH my wedding was over a month ago and I swear that I am still dreaming about our dinner. The service at our wedding was amazing and everyone was so much fun and so attentive. My guests are still talking about how wonderful the experience was. I will be coming back for some of that Roast Beef.

DeAnn · Married on 03/29/2014

We couldn't say enough about the staff at the crystal ballroom . They made you feel so special and also was there for your every need.

Michelle · Married on 03/29/2014

Jamie and her staff at The Crystal Ballroom are quite amazing. They made my new husband and I feel very loved and taken care of. They were incredibly attentive, and always made sure we had water or our choice of drink. Not only did they take care of us, they also took care of my parents and Kyle's parents. At one point I was sweating so badly from all the dancing, one of the darling girls brought a towel drenched in ice water. It saved the day! It was so wonderful to be taken care of. Their hospitality can be unmatched! All of our guests could not stop talking about how delicious the food was, how great the bartenders were, and how beautiful the venue itself was. I cannot say thank you enough to Jamie and her team for helping execute on our dream wedding. It was a night I shall always cherish for as long as I live. Thank you so much!

• Anita

Anita · Married on 03/22/2014

We recently had both our wedding ceremony and reception at The Crystal Ballroom at The Rice. The venue is absolutely gorgeous with its beautiful crystal chandeliers, hand painted mural ceilings, french doors and wrap around terrace. We worked directly with Jamie, the catering and event manager of Sambuca Catering, the company that manages the Crystal Ballroom and Empire Room. Jamie impressed me from day 1! She is beyond professional and is a true expert in her field. Jamie was very helpful throughout the planning process, answering any question I had whether it be about the menu selections or logistics of how the evening will progress.
    Fast forward to the evening of our wedding--the food and service was excellent! We had appetizers passed during the cocktail reception while the ballroom was being flipped for our reception. The appetizers were superb! For dinner, each guest was served a dual entree with Filet and Mahi Mahi. Again the Sambuca Catering team performed beautifully, cooking everything to perfection. Our guests continuously shared their compliments of the catering and venue team.
    We want to give an excellent rating to the entire team from The Crystal Ballroom at The Rice & Sambuca Catering. We highly recommend this beautiful venue for your wedding or event. We only hope our paths will again cross with Jamie and her team--they are amazing!

Anna · Married on 03/09/2014

The Crystal Ballroom is perfect! My wedding day was the best day of my life, not a single thing went wrong, and it was better than I expected. They sold me a package with the venue/catering/DJ/bar/photographer/cake. All the vendors are amazing, know the space, work together regularly, are familiar with the flow of events, and pull of an incredible event. Their pricing is lower than other hotels & venues in Houston & worth every penny! Jamie does the planning and is excellent. She’s very professional, is incredibly responsive, lets you put your own ideas into things, but gives advice on how to make your ideas better. She is very trustworthy, which is obvious once you meet and interact with her. The staff are incredible. Zack and Sarah treated us like royalty. They catered to everything. They kept us informed anytime it was time to move to the next event, and worked with us to push it back if we wanted. They thought of every detail, kept everything moving, and didn't let a single thing slip thru. The room is so elegant that no decorations are needed. The chandeliers are beautiful, the molding is incredibly detailed, and the draping on the windows is amazing. It is on the second floor of a historic building, has a built in dance floor, and a covered balcony. You have to see the space in person to truly appreciate it! The comments we have received from family & friends who attended our wedding are overwhelmingly positive, such as “this is the best wedding I have ever been to,” “your wedding was the highlight of my year,” “your wedding was like a wedding you’d see in a movie.” To not only have the best day of our lives, but to have given an incredible experience to our guests is such an amazing feeling. I cannot express enough how amazing the venue is, & how incredible the staff that work the events are. I feel so fortunate to have not had a single thing go wrong on my big day. I honestly would not change a single thing – it was perfect!

I am so happy we had our ceremony and reception at Sambuca. We utilized the private space named the Mezzanine Room which was just remodeled. The staff were incredibly helpful, resourceful, reliable and personable. The costs was very reasonable and so much more reasonable than having a wedding in a traditional setting. Everybody loved thd food and we had live music for the reception that only cost $1 per person (entertainment fee). I highly recommend this venue. The experience was the best and I can assure you, you'll be glad you chose Sambuca. I sure am! Ask for Erica, event manager.

• Jamie D.

Jamie · Married on 02/22/2014

Sambuca is a beautiful venue for an intimate downtown wedding. At our wedding, everything was perfect. The food was excellent, our bartenders & waitstaff were on the ball & our coordinator was THE BEST! Erica Storch made us feel like her only client. Her services were A list to say the least. We could not have made our wedding happen within 8 weeks if we didn't have her! Much thanks to everyone at Sambuca for making our day so special.