Crush Entertainment Reviews

172 | Hilton Head Island, SC

172 Reviews for Crush Entertainment

• Meghan

Meghan Sorensen · Getting married on 03/07/2021

Amazing DJ! Definitely recommend!

We had Josh as our DJ and he was great to work with! Would definitely recommend him if you want an amazing DJ. He had everyone out on the dance floor the entire night and knew exactly what he was doing. He knew how to work with how the guests were reacting and it worked out perfectly! It was so much fun working with Josh and we definitely plan on using him again if we need a DJ for another event. Thanks for making our wedding so special, we are so thankful that you were able to come out and make our wedding so much fun!

Sent on 12/17/2019
  • Rachel

rachel capriato · Married on 10/17/2020

Excellent!

We used Josh for DJ, day of coordination, draping, twinkle lights, and up lighting, and used his wife Julia for hair/make up. They both were absolutely AMAZING! They were professional, knowledgeable and very helpful. With it being a destination wedding, Josh and Julia were always easy to contact and coordinate with. They both went above and beyond with everything! The girls all loved their hair and make up and it lasted all night long! We are so happy that we went with them for our wedding day. THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the amazing work you did for us! We HIGHLY recommend both Josh and Julia!

Sent on 10/31/2020
  • Molly

Molly · Married on 10/10/2020

Amazing lighting!

Our wedding was on 10/10/20 and having the lighting for our outdoor beach reception made all the difference in the world! All of our guests complimented the decor and we have amazing pictures because of it! Thank you again! Love, The Berrys

Sent on 10/12/2020
  • Marilee

· Married on 10/10/2020

Everyone should hire Crush Entertainment!

Josh and Julia were amazing. We hired them for DJ services, hair/makeup, and day of planning. The communication leading up to the day of our wedding was quick and thorough. When we met in person before our wedding they put us at ease and had questions for us that clearly show they have done this before and excel at logistics. Day of the wedding could not have gone smoother and that is due in large part to Crush Entertainment! We danced the night away and I did not have to worry or stress about any details in the moment. I HIGHLY recommend Crush Entertainment!!

Sent on 10/16/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel Methling · Married on 10/02/2020

Absolutely Incredible!

Josh was absolutely incredible! We knew after our first call with him that he would be the perfect fit for us. Music was a huge part of our wedding day and we were very particular about what we wanted played when, and had many genres of music that we were unsure how they would all fit together, but he made it flawless. His laid back but lively DJ personality brought the party and our vision to life! He listened intently and helped guide us with timeline questions that we had, and also was able to help edit our entrance music so it was exactly what we had envisioned.

We were an out of town couple, so when we got to town he took the time to meet with us and listen to all the music we wanted. The meeting not only gave us peace of mind for our big day, but it was enjoyable to get to know him face to face before the wedding. We felt like we had known him for years. We added in uplighting services from him, and to all the brides/grooms that don't think you need it, GET THE UPLIGHTING! It transformed our room after dark. We also wanted to add in an extra hour at the end of the night, and although our venue wouldn't allow us to, Josh tried his hardest to get the venue to let us. That persistence is what you want in a vendor!

We wish we could work with Josh a million times over and would recommend him to everyone!!! We got so many compliments about how awesome he was, our guests loved him and he kept the reception flowing without any hiccups. His music had everyone feeling so good, see photo for a glimpse into the fun.

Thank you, Josh! We will miss working with you!

Photo credit: Lindsey Morgan Photography

Sent on 10/19/2020

Jolene W · Married on 09/25/2020

Highly recommend!

Josh was a pleasure to work and was a big help to complete the most perfect wedding we could imagine. From Awesome DJ and entertainment to the lighting, drapery and chandelier addition, we couldn't have asked for more. Josh met with us multiple times to help with planning and details leading up to the big day. His wife Julia did hair and makeup for the bridal party and she was also a pleasure to work with. Highly recommend this Crush for all parts of your big day!!

Sent on 10/17/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren Svitanek · Married on 09/05/2020

Amazing Experience, Best Party

DJ Crush - Josh - was amazing! Our wedding was the most epic party we could have ever asked for and his music selection was one of the largest reasons! He read the crowd perfectly and helped us build the perfect playlists for each part of our day. We never had a dull moment or an empty dancefloor!! We highly recommend DJ Crush - you won't regret it at all!!

Sent on 09/28/2020
  • Burgess

Burgess Zachary · Married on 08/01/2020

BESTin the Area!

We am not sure even where to begin with all this awesomeness between DJ Crush “Josh” and his Wife Julia who did all the Hair & Makeup for the the Bride, Bridal party, and our officiant.

Josh, is HANDS down the BEST DJ on and around Hilton Head Island. From the first initial contact Josh was up professional, upbeat, and ready to make our Wedding Day Special. We strictly went on reviews and word of mouth as this was a Destination Wedding for us. Due to Covid, we did not travel down to the region to finalize our vendors. We really didn’t look for other vendors when we searched for a DJ because EVERYONE recommended Crush Entertainment. HOWEVER, the other DJ’s that did respond certainly did not have the level of enthusiasm as Crush Entertainment. Crush’s prices are more than reasonable so that was a huge plus for us!

Leading up to our Wedding Day, Josh worked with us continuously to make sure our day was perfect. When we arrived on Hilton Head, he made sure to set up an in person meeting to discuss and finalize a wedding timeline, which we had no idea what we were doing, and finalizing our playlists.

The Day of the Wedding was everything we had picture and then some. Josh made sure our beach ceremony had the audio needed and provided his Zoom Meeting Setup so we didn’t have to worry about providing video to our guests who couldn’t make it. The Reception WAS A PARTY, Even though it was a smaller wedding he had everyone on there feet dancing and having a good time. His playlist was absolutely incredible from Cocktail Hour to the Final Song.

Hair and Makeup by Julia was our Hair & Makeup Artist. Julia was so fun and easy to work with and had some amazing ideas. As we were ones to get married in 90+ temperatures in August we can say that our hair and makeup stayed beautiful and lasted all night. She made us look flawless. Nothing to much, but just natural beauty. Her prices were GREAT compared to other Artists we inquired about.

Overall, if you can book Crush Entertainment, and Hair & Make UP by Julia WE highly recommend it! Both have great communications skills and are very quick to respond by text or phone call. ALWAYS willing to answer any questions and help out!

Sent on 08/10/2020

Shannon Carney · Married on 08/01/2020

DJ Crush is the way to go!

Crush Entertainment was incredible for our wedding! Josh was super responsive - and helped us plan a play list that made the younger people happy while not making the older crowd feel out of place. Everyone was up on the dance floor - and he kept the party going! If you're getting married on Hilton Head - Crush Entertainment is the way to go!

Sent on 09/10/2020

Carmella Vein · Married on 01/07/2020

Highly Recommend!!!

Josh and team at Crush Entertainment are amazing!!! They responded quickly, answered all of our questions, and maintained great communication throughout the entire wedding planning process. They provided DJ services, photography, and lighting for our wedding and it was so nice to use one vendor for all of those services. They will work with you to make your wedding day the best day possible! I highly recommend Crush Entertainment!

Sent on 02/10/2020

Katie carroll · Married on 12/28/2019

12/28 wedding

We hired Crush Entertainment ("Crush") for our wedding at the Westin Resort on Hilton Head Island. Our ceremony was outdoors on the deck area overlooking the sand dunes and beach, and the reception was in the Grand Ocean Terrace. DJ Crush (Josh) was our MC/DJ, Julia and her team did hair and makeup for the bridal party, and Crush provided Day-Of Coordination for the wedding, beautiful Twinkle Lighting over the ceremony and cocktail area, and Up Lighting inside the Grand Ocean Terrace. Crush also assisted in providing and setting up A/V equipment used to play a video at our rehearsal dinner. Josh and Julia were wonderful to work with from the beginning and it was easy for us to tell that they truly wanted our wedding to be an amazing time for us, our family and guests. We met with Josh and Julia a few months out to discuss our vision for the wedding weekend and stayed in contact throughout the planning process. They were always responsive and receptive to our ideas and questions, and we met with them at the venue a couple weeks before the wedding to hash out the last details and walk the spaces that were to be used. When the wedding weekend finally came, they kept everything moving so smoothly. Our wedding could not have gone better and we had the time of our lives, and Josh and Julia's efforts are a big part of why we're able to say that. And aside from all of the above - they are personable, easy-going and fun, which made us comfortable and really helped to make a process that can be quite overwhelming feel very manageable. We highly recommend Crush Entertainment, Josh and Julia for any wedding or other event needs!

Sent on 01/12/2020
  • Meghan

Meghan D · Married on 11/09/2019

Wedding Makeup by Julia

Julia and her teammate were very professional and did an amazing job for my Bridesmaids and myself. Everyone had unique airbrush makeup suitable for their aesthetic style and needs. Everyone felt absolutely beautiful! Julia even went beyond her makeup duties and stepped in to help my hairstylist with a flower crown mishap. She turned my bulky flower crown into a beautiful floral hair piece. Julia is amazing.

Sent on 12/24/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 10/18/2019

So much fun caters to the crowd. Makes sure you have a great party!

Sent on 12/16/2014

Lindsay · Married on 10/18/2019

Twilley Clayton Wedding

From start to finish Crush Entertainment was the absolute best!! They did a wonderful job and they worked so hard the entire day and evening to make sure everything was perfect! They are professional and personable and just a delight to have around. I am extremely happy with the outcome, and I am sooo glad I chose Crush! Do yourself a favor and go with the best for your wedding:)

Sent on 10/26/2019

J Louderback · Married on 10/11/2019

Great team and so easy to work with!

Josh and Julie were great. From our initial contact through meeting in person before the wedding to finalize last minute details, this couple was great. We bundled the photo/dj package and added beauty services with Julie. These two were a lifesaver in terms of ease or communication and a one stop shop for all our major needs. They are great at what they do and really know how to work well together. If we did it all over again we would definitely hire them again!

Sent on 01/07/2020

Dani Mountjoy · Married on 10/05/2019

Best wedding Team on HHI

Josh and Julia with Crush Entertainment were absolutely amazing to work with. Not only were they our DJs, they were our day of coordinators, josh did our photography, Julia did hair and make up, they did the set up and breakdown of our beach ceremony and reception. The really transformed the ball in room and made it so classic and romantic. We were so bummed when we had to bring the ceremony inside but Josh and Julia made the transition so smooth and amazing! They were the best part of our wedding! Thank you two so much! We are still in AWE!!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Meaghan Lane · Married on 10/04/2019

Best dj on hhi

After touring multiple venues on HHI multiple people told us Crush was the best. We partially selected our wedding date based on his availability. This was one of the best decisions we made. Crush is so much more than a DJ-- he did draping and lighting for us which was magical. He has such a big fun personality that is so amazing to work with. We love crush and highly recommend

Sent on 02/19/2020

Erin · Married on 09/28/2019

The only choice for wedding makeup!

Julia was not only extremely professional and experienced but she totally blew me away with the way she did my hair/makeup! I was nervous getting it done as I have had bad experiences in the past but she surpassed my expectations!! I wanted a lighter airbrush (as I have freckles and like them to show) a more natural beach bride look- she NAILED IT!!! Do your self a favor and look no further she was worth every penny and more! If I won the lottery I would want her to do my makeup and hair everyday! Beyond what I ever could have imagined!! Having my makeup done so perfectly made my pictures looks perfect- go with airbrush and look flawless. All of the bridesmaids were SO pleased as well! Do yourself a favor and book her!

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Imogen

Imogen Burgis · Married on 09/26/2019

Beautiful hair and make up!

Julia was so fun, so professional and did my hair beautifully and my make up was flawless. I didn’t take my hair down for the next day because it was so gorgeous! I highly recommend Julia she is so great at what she does!

Sent on 10/04/2019

Daniella Pogorzelec · Married on 08/02/2019

Amazing, fantastic, fabulous, exceptional

Crush entertainment made our wedding day an amazing experience! Josh and Julia were great from the first call to book up until the end of the wedding night. I couldn't have asked for better. They were both so accommodating, professional, and did everything they could to give us exactly what we wanted for our wedding. Their energy was fantastic and everything from the lighting, to the DJ services to the photography was absolutely perfect! I would HIGHLY recommend them for any event and would guarantee a fantastic experience!

Sent on 08/11/2019
  • Sherri

Sherri Nickel · Married on 07/22/2019

Julia was wonderful!

I contacted Josh at Crush for dj, hair & makeup services for our destination wedding, but unfortunately their dj services were unavailable for my date. I was very happy that Julia was able to fit me, my matron of honor and flower girl into her schedule for the day for hair & makeup though! She did a wonderful job and is so sweet! She met with me a few months before for a trial and did exactly what I asked. Then when I changed my mind about my hair style later on, she was happy to accommodate. I had never used airbrush makeup before, but it's fabulous and the ONLY way to go for a beach wedding! It looked so natural and lasted all day and night. I cannot say enough nice things about Julia and her services. She's a skilled professional, extremely patient, well priced and made me feel so beautiful on our big day! You cannot go wrong with Julia! Photo credit to Renee at RIMPhotography.com

Sent on 08/11/2019
  • Gina

Gina Valenza · Married on 06/07/2019

Crush Entertainment is everything and then some!

Crush Entertainment came to us highly recommended and exceeded all of our expectations. Let me first say we RARELY write reviews, but the experience was perfect from A to Z. We got married June 7th at the Beach House in Hilton Head. Josh was great to work with from the minute we connected all the way through (and after) our special day. He was extremely thorough and asked all the right questions to make sure our ceremony and reception was amazing. Josh understood our musical taste and accommodated all of our special requests. His attention to detail was so helpful and ensured us our night would be perfect. Most importantly (to us), he knew exactly how to keep the energy up for the dance floor! He helped truly make our day one that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. If we could give Crush Entertainment 6 stars, we would!

Sent on 06/22/2019
  • Katie

Katie Walker · Married on 06/06/2019

Crush Entertainment Rocks!!

In a word, Josh and Julia were awesome!! A dream team if you will. If you aren't using Crush Entertainment for your event, then you're doing it wrong. Julia is very talented and sweet as can be. She did hair and makeup for our wedding. Everyone looked stunning and hair and makeup stayed in place all night long despite the heat and humidity. Josh was such a professional and worked with us every step of the way planning the perfect wedding. He helped to make the entire process very easy. Josh gave thoughtful suggestions and worked very hard to ensure that we had a great evening. He was accommodating and arrived early and even stayed late when the weather didn't cooperate. I highly recommend Crush Entertainment! They are lovely to work with -- an absolute pleasure.

Sent on 06/22/2019
  • Erika

Erika · Married on 05/04/2019

Tell him what you want, and he'll NAIL IT!

Josh and Crush Entertainment are awesome! They are well known in the HHI area and came highly recommended. They do full-service weddings, but I used their lighting services. I was very particular about the mood lighting and overall ambiance, and they nailed it! Josh went above and beyond to meet with my venue and wedding coordinator (multiple times) to perfect the light color to create a candlelight look, and was the only one on the island that could provide lights to transform the entire lawn. I vaguely told him what I wanted, and he used his expertise to make recommendations for twinkle lights rather than market lights, and it was PERFECT! He also hung lanterns at our ceremony and did spotlights throughout. He was super flexible working around other events at our venue, and we just had to show up and enjoy the day! Josh is so fun, hardworking, and all about creating memorable experiences for his couples. We highly recommend him for all of your wedding needs!

Sent on 05/07/2019
  • Cathy

Cathy · Married on 05/04/2019

Definitely awesome

Hired Josh and Crush Entertainment for our wedding in HHI and they were awesome! Josh was the perfect master of ceremony. We were able to send him our song selections via Spotify and he created the perfect playlist based on our preferences. He was nice enough to meet us at our hotel the day before the wedding and talked us through his set list. Our reception was awesome and everyone had a great time! Couldn't have picked a better DJ. We highly recommend using Crush for any weddings or events in HHI!

Sent on 05/11/2019