Matt Heinecke Reviews

36 Reviews for Matt Heinecke

36 Matt Heinecke Reviews

Jessica Christman · Married on 10/06/2018

10 out of 10!

Matt was amazing at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour! He set up sound with ease and played the most amazing music. We were a bit difficult with some nontraditional music choices for the ceremony but Matt learned them with ease and absolutely nailed it! Not a dry eye! During the cocktail hour, Matt provided the perfect ambiance. I would absolutely recommend Matt to anyone getting married in San Diego!

• I

Ian · Married on 05/25/2018

Matt is incredible! He played music at our rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, and cocktail hour. Many of our guests remarked how talented he is both vocally and playing guitar. He did both singing and instrumentals depending on our need. Matt has a wide breadth of knowledge of songs and catered to our desire to play a specific song for the ceremony recessional, which he was able to learn and play beautifully with just 2-3 weeks notice. Matt was professional from planning to execution and afterwards, and I am so happy we had him at our important events. I very highly recommend Matt.

Sarah · Married on 04/20/2018

Having Matt play guitar during our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour was one of the best vendor decisions we made. He was totally flexible with the specific songs and type of music we requested, while also providing recommendations and suggestions based on his experience playing at other weddings. So many guests commented afterwards how great the live entertainment was and Matt worked seamlessly with our DJ who provided additional entertainment and equipment.

This service was very reasonably priced overall, particularly when we decided later on in the process to add an extra half hour as we actually needed an hour and a half for cocktail hour while the ceremony/dinner area got flipped. Thank you so much, Matt!!

Cindi · Married on 03/30/2018

Matt played our entire wedding last month, and he was absolutely fantastic. His singing, playing style, and song selection were exactly what we were looking for our outdoor, rooftop wedding. From the wedding entrances to dinner, grand entrance, and partying later in the evening, it was all amazing and he picked the perfect songs for each part. We had so many people comment about how great he was and asking where we found him. Matt was extremely easy to work with and just knew what we wanted. We would hire him again in a heartbeat for any occasion and definitely recommend him to anyone looking for live music!

Ashley · Married on 03/01/2018

It was a joy to have Matt play at our wedding at the Park Hyatt Aviara! He played music during the ceremony, during our cocktail hour and a little during our dinner. He is a wonderful guitar player and singer! He also helped MC during the dinner to welcome in the bridal party and bride and groom. He helped to lead into the music playlist during dinner and made everything so smooth in transition. Leading up to the wedding, Matt and I jumped on a phone call and he helped ease my mind on the music choices! He helped to make our day so special!

Alexandra · Married on 02/23/2018

Matt was a pleasure to work with and provided lovely music for the wedding!

• Ryan

Ryan · Married on 01/20/2018

We had the best experience with Matt! He played the guitar at our ceremony this past Saturday, and it sounded amazing. I contacted him within a month before our wedding- sorry! and he was so easy-going and flexible with our requests. He even learned two different songs at my request- and they turned out beautiful. He added so much elegance to our ceremony.
    Thanks Matt!

Sent on 01/23/2018

Matt Heinecke's reply:

Thank you, Ryan and Katy! I really appreciate your kind words and am glad I could be a part of your wedding. Congratulations to you both!

Peter · Married on 11/11/2017

Matt rocks! We saw him play an incredible set at the Concert in the Park and knew he would be perfect for our wedding. His playing is incredibly versatile between electric and acoustic and his singing is fantastic. I've played guitar for several decades and I was blown away at how insanely good and talented this man is. You'd be crazy not to hire him.

Sent on 01/01/2018

Matt Heinecke's reply:

Hi Peter! Thank you so much for your kind words! I had a wonderful time performing for you and Alison and am grateful you included me in your wedding. All the best to you both in 2018 and beyond!

Patrick · Married on 09/16/2017

Matt was an excellent addition to our daughter's wedding reception program and filled a really important piece of the pre-reception cocktail hour. We had numerous persons come up to us and comment on the quality of Matt's sound, song selection, and vibe. We'd hire Matt again in a heartbeat for another event.

Clift · Married on 07/22/2017

Matt is the best! He is a very talented musician! We hired him for our wedding ceremony and dinner reception after! Now I find him at the local spots to sit and listen to him play and sing!!

Patrick · Married on 04/22/2017

Matt is a truly incredible artist, and was easily the most talked about part of our wedding (and we even had whales show up!). We had guests offering to pay to have him play the entire night. If you want your guests to have a blast at your wedding or private event, he is the one to choose. He even offered to learn our wedding song so we could have it played acoustically! Thank you Matt for making our wedding even more memorable.

Sent on 05/22/2017

Matt Heinecke's reply:

Thank you, Patrick! Performing in Mexico with whales swimming behind me is about as good as it gets. Congrats on a beautiful wedding and best wishes to you both!

Joan · event on: 03/19/2017

Matt was fantastic in arranging the band. He even did an hour acoustical set during cocktailsand then joined his big band. He did all the production soundboard and lights. We asked for a girl singer and we HIGHLY recommend her. His background music during dinner was spot on as we could converse and then he really ramped it up for dancing. All ages loved the music and it was so professional and polished.. Worth every penny we spent and he was very mindful we were a non profit so purposely gave us a discount.

Jennifer · Married on 10/08/2016

Matt (CrownTown Music) was an absolute joy to work with! We hired him to play fingerstyle guitar for our wedding ceremony on the beach, and it was everything we wished for. He was very professional, responsive, and helpful in guiding us in our song selection for the ceremony. On the day of the wedding, everything went perfectly without a hitch, and we didn't have to worry about a thing. He was also flexible in being able to entertain specific song requests for us. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a solo guitarist/vocalist for an event!

Kelley · Married on 09/24/2016

Matt is hands down the best of the best on all levels!! He is extremely talented, a pleasure to work with, very accommodating & an overall awesome person. He had great suggestions for ceremony & cocktail hour music & even learned a song that he was not familiar playing. Matt, thank you for making our big day extra special!! -Kelley & Blair

Robert · Married on 09/23/2016

My wife and I couldn't have been happier with Matt and his band on our wedding day! He was very professional leading up to our wedding, listened to what exactly we wanted to hear, communicated with us each week leading up to our day to make sure there was anything we needed and to confirm the type of music he was going to play. The acoustic guitar at the ceremony was a perfect backdrop to our outside ceremony. The sound was great and very peaceful sounds. The happy hour music was great and he hit a home run with the reception! His music got everyone on the dance floor from the beginning of the night all the way until the end. People couldn't express more joy when talking about our wedding how well the music fit us and our night!
    I would recommend Matt and his band to anyone for ANY event, small or large, he was the best!
    Thanks Matt!!

Mathew · Married on 09/10/2016

Matt was absolutely amazing I can't tell you how many times I was asked "Where did you find this guy? He is amazing". A few days later I ran into some neighbors and they said they just sat outside and listened to him play because it was so good. I cannot say enough about Matt, from his professionalism to his amazing musical talent, he really added something special to our wedding.

Heather · Married on 09/10/2016

Matt made our beautiful backyard wedding awesome! ALL our guests were commenting on how great his music is. It was such a delight working with him. The process was seamless. He's such a nice guy, he can play whatever you want, guests can make requests, etc. His pricing is very fair. He blocks his whole night for your even incase you want to add on time. I would love to hire him again down the road for birthdays or parties etc. We went to see him in Coronado before we hired him and we knew within 5 minutes of hearing him he was exactly what we were looking for. Book him for your wedding you will not regret it. !!

Karen · Married on 08/13/2016

He did such a wonderful job! I highly recommend him!

kelly · Married on 08/13/2016

Matt was amazing! Our wedding coordinator recommended him to us and we couldn't be happier! He was very easy to work with and very professional. He helped us with music selections for our wedding ceremony when we needed them and we trusted him completely with his music selections for our cocktail hour. We received many compliments from guests on our cocktail hour entertainment. We highly recommend Matt!

Lorraine · Married on 07/30/2016

Matt is truly a professional musician in every sense of the word. He provided the wedding ceremony and cocktail hour music for my daughter's wedding. He did an outstanding job performing on the beach during the ceremony and entertaining the guests during the cocktail hour with his beautiful vocals and guitar playing. All of our guests (from ages 11 -90) enjoyed his selections, his professional demeanor, and his delightful personality. He is truly a gifted musician. He is simply the BEST! We only wish we had a larger room during the reception so we could have had his entire band! He is affordably priced, prompt in all of his interactions/communications, and made the wedding truly special. Hire him!

Craig · Married on 04/30/2016

San Diego has a lot of talented musicians, and through our professional work and family connections we've had the pleasure to work with and attend events featuring many of them.... but when it came time for our wedding we had just one name on our list, Matt Heinecke! His highly skilled guitar playing and remarkably amazing voice are a joy to listen to, give him great versatility, and all that matched with his complete professionalism make him one of the best and most active performing artists in town. Whether as a soloist for a ceremony, as a singer/guitarist for the cocktail, or if you need a cover band for the reception, Matt gets our enthusiastic thumbs up! If you are looking for a musician for your special event you couldn't make a finer choice.
    Bravo Matt! Our guests keep telling us about how much they enjoyed your performance. Thank you so much for helping to make our big day so special! Craig & Melanie Stephenson :)

Betsy · Married on 07/19/2015

Matt is a pleasure to work with and goes out of his way to make sure the event is extra special. Matt played during our ceremony and cocktail hour. He is very flexible and will gladly send samples of a specific song you want just to make sure you are completely satisfied. I highly recommend Matt and would without a doubt hire him again. Not only is he super talented, but he is also one of the nicest people you will meet. Thank you Matt!

Sent on 08/12/2015

Matt Heinecke's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! Congratulations to you both!

Matt was a pleasure to work with! He played acoustic guitar for our wedding ceremony, then played and sang during cocktail hour as well. He was professional, attentive, and very prompt with his communication. He had no problem playing our special requests, some I'm sure he had to learn just for the occasion. As I told him, my only complaint is that my husband and I couldn't make it to cocktail hour to hear him play more!!! We got married in Temecula, and he had no problem commuting. We will definitely be seeking him in out SD to see him perform sometime!

Anita · Married on 03/28/2015

Matt played acoustical guitar for my daughters wedding ceremony and during cocktail hour at the reception. He is a pleasure to work with and a fine musician. I would definitely use him again and recommend him highly. He is very professional, provided a list of songs for the Bride to select from (which you can listen to on his website), and he took the time to meet us at the wedding site in Balboa Park several weeks before the wedding to discuss the set up, etc. If you have a particular song you want played, he will do his best to arrange it and play it for you. Aside from all this, he is a really nice guy.

First of all, Matt is very easy to work with and I appreciate his prompt responses. He came highly recommended by our coordinator and that's always a good sign. I requested that he accompanied my sister to play for my march in and I couldn't be happier. My mum loved the music and she was asking why we didn't have him play longer. His rates are very reasonable as well.