Matt Heinecke Reviews

Matt Heinecke 5
  • James

James Zehentbauer · Getting married on 07/08/2021

A great success

Matt is a great musician and individual. We were fortunate to have Matt perform at our daughters rehearsal dinner outdoor party. We had 150 guests and Matt was great. We received many compliments on the quality of the performance. We highly recommend and could not have been happier with our choice of Matt.

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Christopher

Christopher Sanchez · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Great Experience with Crown Town Music

Matt was extremely helpful when it came to selecting music for our wedding ceremony. He suggested some songs and was even able to play something that wasn't listed in his recommendations. The ceremony went off without a hitch and everyone enjoyed his music. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Katie

Katie Cowan · Married on 11/10/2019

Loved working with Matt!!!

Matt was amazing for our event! He played excellent music and was very flexible to work with. I am so happy we chose him to perform for our big day and I would choose again and again!! We love Matt and love that he is local so we can go and hear him at restaurants whenever we want :)

Sent on 10/23/2019

Matt Heinecke's reply:

Hi Katie! I had a great time working with you both. Thank you for the opportunity! See you at the next restaurant gig!

Kylie · Married on 09/07/2019

Loved the band and Matt!

Everything about Matt and his band was amazing. We are so happy that we chose to have them for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. All the guests loved the band and Matt (one of our friends even booked him after listening to him at our wedding). We would highly recommend him to anyone and everyone!

Matt Heinecke 6
    Matt Heinecke 7
    Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Connie

Connie Thompson · Married on 08/24/2019

Wedding in Coronado

We saw Matt when he was singing at Maretalia happy hour. We knew we had to have him sing at our cocktail hour , at our wedding. He played our favorites and many guests commented how good he was.
    I wish we could’ve had him for an additional hour. Thanks, Matt

Matt Heinecke 8
    Sent on 09/25/2019

Matt Heinecke's reply:

Hi Connie - I wish I could have played longer as well! Thanks so much for having me! All the best to you both.
  • Liz

Liz Cronin · Married on 08/23/2019

Matt is just the best

Matt was so helpful with providing music options for our ceremony and cocktail hour, he made it extremely easy for us to pick which songs for when. We received so many compliments on how beautiful his music was and we are so happy we chose him to be a part of our wedding. It was what made our ceremony and cocktail hour that extra mile special. Thank you Matt for being a part of our wedding!!

Sent on 09/19/2019

Matt Heinecke's reply:

Thank you so much Liz! I really appreciate your kind review and am glad you were happy with the music. It was a pleasure working with you both!
  • Joe

Joe Rodgers · Married on 07/09/2019

Amazing wedding evening!

Matt and his band made our wedding incredibly fun, unique, and so simple to organize. When I initially asked him about playing our wedding, I was between hiring a DJ and a live band. After listening to some of his samples and hearing his thoughts and options on how we could book him, I immediately knew he was the right choice. I couldn't be happier with the decision. He laid out different options and prices depending on how many people would play and during which portions (ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, etc.), and was prompt and helpful in every response. Our wedding was on a Navy base and he and his band filled out all the (somewhat extensive) paperwork without complaint or delay. MOST IMORTANTLY, the music was absolutely amazing. He played all of the songs that we asked him to and many, many more. They truly played a fantastic set. The music is by far what we have received the most compliments and questions on about our wedding, and I have been happy to recommend him. I will definitely be booking Matt again for the next event I have, big or small.

Sent on 10/24/2019

Annabel Bishop · Married on 03/30/2019

Matt is a very talented singer & guitarist! He added a magical element to the wedding!

Matt played at my daughters’s rehearsal supper, beach ceremony, and downtown reception at Luce Loft! On each occasion he played beautifully and was such a special part of the celebrations! He is a talented musician and a lovely person to work with! I cannot recommend him to you all enough ...

Sent on 04/17/2019

Matt Heinecke's reply:

What a wonderful experience, Annabel! I loved meeting your friends and family and being a part of the celebration. Thank you for having me!

Devin · Married on 03/22/2019

Groom. I hired him

Matt is a phenomenal musician, learning specific songs that my wife requested. he performed those arrangements for her to walk down the isle. He sounded great. During the cocktail hour, people loved him so much that our guests were going up and asking for his card. He sounded great! We loved him.

Sent on 05/18/2019
  • Teresa

Teresa · Married on 02/08/2019

Matt Heinecke will WOW you and your guests!!!

There's simply not enough words to express our gratitude to Matt. His excellent service and beautiful voice out shined all of our expectations at our daughter and son in laws wedding at Hotel Del in San Diego. He has the most beautiful voice. Very professional. Easy to communicate with. If you are looking to hire someone to sing at your wedding and/or reception, do not hesitate to consider Matt Heinecke.

Sent on 02/21/2019

Matt Heinecke's reply:

I had such a great time working with you all! Thank you again for the opportunity, and all the best to Brianna and Matt!

Casey · Married on 01/12/2019

Just what we wanted

Matt played acoustic guitar for our ceremony a few weekends ago. Not only is he super easy to work with but he is such a talented musician. He played just what we wanted and sounded good doing it! We highly recommend.

Sent on 04/18/2019

Matt Heinecke's reply:

Thank you, Casey! It was great working with you both, and you couldn't have picked a more perfect setting out on the water. All the best!

Jessica Christman · Married on 10/06/2018

10 out of 10!

Matt was amazing at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour! He set up sound with ease and played the most amazing music. We were a bit difficult with some nontraditional music choices for the ceremony but Matt learned them with ease and absolutely nailed it! Not a dry eye! During the cocktail hour, Matt provided the perfect ambiance. I would absolutely recommend Matt to anyone getting married in San Diego!

Sent on 10/23/2018
  • I

Ian · Married on 05/25/2018

Matt is incredible! He played music at our rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, and cocktail hour. Many of our guests remarked how talented he is both vocally and playing guitar. He did both singing and instrumentals depending on our need. Matt has a wide breadth of knowledge of songs and catered to our desire to play a specific song for the ceremony recessional, which he was able to learn and play beautifully with just 2-3 weeks notice. Matt was professional from planning to execution and afterwards, and I am so happy we had him at our important events. I very highly recommend Matt.

Sent on 06/12/2018

Sarah · Married on 04/20/2018

Having Matt play guitar during our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour was one of the best vendor decisions we made. He was totally flexible with the specific songs and type of music we requested, while also providing recommendations and suggestions based on his experience playing at other weddings. So many guests commented afterwards how great the live entertainment was and Matt worked seamlessly with our DJ who provided additional entertainment and equipment.

This service was very reasonably priced overall, particularly when we decided later on in the process to add an extra half hour as we actually needed an hour and a half for cocktail hour while the ceremony/dinner area got flipped. Thank you so much, Matt!!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Cindi · Married on 03/30/2018

Matt played our entire wedding last month, and he was absolutely fantastic. His singing, playing style, and song selection were exactly what we were looking for our outdoor, rooftop wedding. From the wedding entrances to dinner, grand entrance, and partying later in the evening, it was all amazing and he picked the perfect songs for each part. We had so many people comment about how great he was and asking where we found him. Matt was extremely easy to work with and just knew what we wanted. We would hire him again in a heartbeat for any occasion and definitely recommend him to anyone looking for live music!

Sent on 04/29/2018
  • Tracey

Tracey · Married on 03/27/2018

Matt Heinecke made our day perfect!!

Matt, we are so sorry for the delay in submitting this review. To all you soon to wed couples, you will be thankful if you hire Matt as entertainment for your day! He is an amazingly talented performer! Aside from his already extensive song list, he learned requested songs for our wedding within a few weeks and was fabulous! Our day wouldn't have been the same without him! We hope to see him perform again on our next trip to San Diego.
    Thank you, Matt!!

Matt Heinecke 11
    Matt Heinecke 12
    Sent on 06/17/2019

Matt Heinecke's reply:

Great to hear from you Tracey! I loved playing your wedding and sailing around Mission Bay. Thanks for sharing the pics. I hope you and Alex are well!

Ashley · Married on 03/01/2018

It was a joy to have Matt play at our wedding at the Park Hyatt Aviara! He played music during the ceremony, during our cocktail hour and a little during our dinner. He is a wonderful guitar player and singer! He also helped MC during the dinner to welcome in the bridal party and bride and groom. He helped to lead into the music playlist during dinner and made everything so smooth in transition. Leading up to the wedding, Matt and I jumped on a phone call and he helped ease my mind on the music choices! He helped to make our day so special!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Alexandra · Married on 02/23/2018

Matt was a pleasure to work with and provided lovely music for the wedding!

Sent on 03/24/2018
  • Ryan

Ryan · Married on 01/20/2018

We had the best experience with Matt! He played the guitar at our ceremony this past Saturday, and it sounded amazing. I contacted him within a month before our wedding- sorry! and he was so easy-going and flexible with our requests. He even learned two different songs at my request- and they turned out beautiful. He added so much elegance to our ceremony.
    Thanks Matt!

Sent on 01/23/2018

Matt Heinecke's reply:

Thank you, Ryan and Katy! I really appreciate your kind words and am glad I could be a part of your wedding. Congratulations to you both!

Peter · Married on 11/11/2017

Matt rocks! We saw him play an incredible set at the Concert in the Park and knew he would be perfect for our wedding. His playing is incredibly versatile between electric and acoustic and his singing is fantastic. I've played guitar for several decades and I was blown away at how insanely good and talented this man is. You'd be crazy not to hire him.

Sent on 01/01/2018

Matt Heinecke's reply:

Hi Peter! Thank you so much for your kind words! I had a wonderful time performing for you and Alison and am grateful you included me in your wedding. All the best to you both in 2018 and beyond!

Patrick · Married on 09/16/2017

Matt was an excellent addition to our daughter's wedding reception program and filled a really important piece of the pre-reception cocktail hour. We had numerous persons come up to us and comment on the quality of Matt's sound, song selection, and vibe. We'd hire Matt again in a heartbeat for another event.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Clift · Married on 07/22/2017

Matt is the best! He is a very talented musician! We hired him for our wedding ceremony and dinner reception after! Now I find him at the local spots to sit and listen to him play and sing!!

Sent on 08/16/2017

Patrick · Married on 04/22/2017

Matt is a truly incredible artist, and was easily the most talked about part of our wedding (and we even had whales show up!). We had guests offering to pay to have him play the entire night. If you want your guests to have a blast at your wedding or private event, he is the one to choose. He even offered to learn our wedding song so we could have it played acoustically! Thank you Matt for making our wedding even more memorable.

Sent on 05/22/2017

Matt Heinecke's reply:

Thank you, Patrick! Performing in Mexico with whales swimming behind me is about as good as it gets. Congrats on a beautiful wedding and best wishes to you both!

Meghan · event on: 03/28/2017

I heard Matt playing solo while on a site inspection for my company's Spring Conference in San Diego. He was fantastic solo, so I grabbed his card and inquired about a full band for our event. We booked Crown Town Music for a corporate dinner at the Hotel Del Coronado. The crowd loved it! Matt informed me ahead of time that he would vibe off the audience and try to get people to dance. Sure enough, by the end of the night people were out of their seats and dancing. Guests at the Hotel Del Coronado even tried to sneak into our event to see the band. Once the dinner concluded, I received high praise for booking them. I highly recommend Crown Town Music! Matt did such a great job at selecting the music for our audience. He was very professional and the pre/post communication was seamless.

Sent on 04/26/2017

Joan · event on: 03/19/2017

Matt was fantastic in arranging the band. He even did an hour acoustical set during cocktailsand then joined his big band. He did all the production soundboard and lights. We asked for a girl singer and we HIGHLY recommend her. His background music during dinner was spot on as we could converse and then he really ramped it up for dancing. All ages loved the music and it was so professional and polished.. Worth every penny we spent and he was very mindful we were a non profit so purposely gave us a discount.

Sent on 05/12/2017