Crown DJs, Uplights & Photobooths Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

• Leah
    Leah O. Married on 05/21/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A great DJ and supportive friend all in one!

Terry Moran is more than just a DJ, he's a friend through a very stressful time. Not only did he do an amazing job entertaining our guests on the dance floor, he helped us with great planning advice as well as made sure our wedding day went off without a hitch!

Terry is personable and truly cares about his clients. He goes above and beyond, is quick to respond, happy to answer all questions, on time, and never leaves his post day of.

We cannot thank Terry enough for making our special day less stressful, for getting our rowdy wedding party in line and ready to be introduced, and for playing our favorite songs in perfect order.

If you're still searching for a DJ for your event, and for a supportive friend to help you through, look no further, Terry is your guy!

P.S. If you're not sure, the up lighting and club lighting was a perfect touch - it was so much fun. :)
  • Kira
    Kira B. Married on 10/02/2021

Incredible experience with DJ Chris at Crown Events

My husband and I were both blown away by DJ Chris at our wedding. The planning portion with Crown Events and Chris was so easy and seamless, I felt like it was too good to be true!! To have that go so smoothly and then to have Chris effortlessly bring the party, was so satisfying!!! DJ Chris has a very genuine and warm demeanor that made me (the bride) feel so at ease. He is fantastic at directing people. He struck the perfect balance of playing our favorite genres and also what he knew would get people to dance or just enjoy themselves. We are so happy we booked him—I can’t wait until some of my friends start to get married so that I recommend Chris. He made an impression on our guests too, and that meant a lot to us. Thank you Crown Events and DJ Chris!!!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Cammie
    Cammie B. Married on 09/05/2021

Incredible

DJ Chris really took our wedding to the next level! He really took the time before the wedding to talk things over with us and see what we wanted our day to be like. He added so much more than just a great playlist to our wedding. He kept our guests on the dance floor all night long and had the perfect flow to the evening. We couldn’t have asked for more and would suggest Chris to anyone getting married.
    Kosta A. Married on 08/21/2021

Crown is the best

Could not have been a better Dj . The quest loved the reception and were up dancing all night. The only complaint was people were so sore the next day from dancing all night, lol. The best in the industry.
  • Kaitlin
    Kaitlin Married on 08/14/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I saw DJ Chris McClure perform a friend's wedding back in 2012 and I knew right away that I had found my DJ. Chris was so easy to work with! We wanted a classy, yet fun reception and Chris proved to be the best man for the job!
    We had a small ceremony outside, which we had Crown Entertainment provide the music, extra sound system, and wireless mics for. The music suggestions Chris had were very tasteful and elegant. The ceremony went perfectly!
    On to the reception....Chris was AWESOME for our intros! He had the crowd excited and ready to go for our entrance, which personally made my whole night. To see all of my family and friends up and dancing to our intro song (What is Love? which he timed PERFECTLY) was the highlight. Chris had people on the dancefloor all night, which was exactly what I had wanted in a DJ. He was professional, yet fun which made it easy for our guests to interact with him. He played music that all of our guests (ranging 97-6 in age) were able to dance to. He was simply amazing.
    We also used Crown's photobooth which came with a personal attendant. Becky was so much fun and my guests LOVED interacting with her. If it wasnt for my husband and I, I would say Becky was the most popular person of the night! The photo album we recieved at the end of the night was so amazing and the perfect keepsake of the night. My friends loved being able to see their photos online too, something not a lot the other companies I looked at did.
    Having a company that offered ceremony services, a DJ, uplighting, dance lighting, and a photobooth made everything so much easier and less stressful for us. I reccommend this company and DJ Chris McClure to everyone I know.

Crown DJs, Uplights & Photobooths's reply:

Kaitlin, Thanks for taking the time to write this. Chris often doesn't get the recognition that he deserves for the way the plans and executes at events. I'm glad you were happy. We love what we do! -Terry
    Nicole S. Married on 05/22/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

DJ Chris Makiej was amazing!

My husband and I loved working for DJ Chris Makiej at Crown Entertainment. We had to change our wedding plans 3 times due to COVID and Chris was always so accommodating. Chris was so professional and amazing to work with. He stuck to the timeline we created before the wedding and knew exactly what to play to get everyone on the dance floor. Our night was so perfect and would not have been that way without DJ Chris. I would HIGHLY recommend DJ Chris Makiej!
    Brandyn D. Married on 05/15/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Perfect, down to the last detail!!!

Terry - went through everything with us to be as well prepared as possible for our wedding. The best part is he's also the MC of the night! Guiding you through the best time of your life with friends and family. We highly recommend booking with them in order to truly have the best time with not having to worry about a thing throughout the whole event.
    Shawna L. Married on 05/07/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

I never left the dance floor!

DJ Chris Makeij was so incredibly easy to plan with and really listened to what we were looking for in our music choices. I never left the dance floor and neither did my guests, it was such a great day! I would recommended him to anyone looking for a great asset to their special day!
  • Kathryn
    Kathryn Married on 08/22/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Time to stop searching – Terry is it!

If you’re looking for the perfect DJ to work with for your dream day, look no further than Terry Moran. He was by far one of the easiest vendors to coordinate with over the 2+ years of unplanned planning because we had to postpone. I felt so at ease during our conversations and going into my big day knowing I had Terry on my side made the hours leading up to my ceremony so easy going and relaxing (and who wouldn’t want that?!). He nailed the ceremony song list, was able to perfectly coordinate our entrance with specific timing, and the dance floor was packed the whole night. One of my favorite highlights I wasn’t even there for – before the entrances started, he acknowledged my 91-year-old nana who was sitting down at her table and she tells me every time I see her how she felt like a celebrity and “couldn’t believe she heard her name come from the speaker.” I got to bust a move with everyone I love the rest of the night and the only time I saw people not on the dance floor was if they were getting another drink or needed a short breather because they hadn’t taken a break since the dancing started. I still have people telling me how much fun they had! Terry even pulled some songs out of his back pocket that I hadn’t heard in years and was so excited when they played because they brought back so many memories with my friends. Terry and his team at Crown Entertainment were an absolute dream to work with and I highly recommend them to anyone looking for DJ services. Thank you again Terry!
  • Courtney
    Courtney L. Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing wedding DJ!

5 stars!

Choosing DJ Terry Moran from Crown Special Events was easily one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning process. My husband and I got married at Waterville Valley on July 20, 2019 and Terry was a phenomenal DJ. From the music to the ceremony and every part of the reception, we couldn’t have asked for more. Terry is professional, experienced and personable. We had many guests ask us about our DJ and where we found him. From the very first meeting to the wedding day, Crown Special Events did not disappoint in any way!
    Sarah Married on 05/11/2019

Great Prom DJ

We used Crown DJ's for our Prom last spring and really loved them. They brought a photo booth that the students loved. We sent them a list of the songs the students wanted to hear and the students were so surprised that the DJ really played the songs we asked for. It usually doesn't happen that way. The lighting was great. Can't say enough about how happy we were.

Crown DJs, Uplights & Photobooths's reply:

Thanks for the review Sarah. You were wonderful to work with. Our DJ had just as much fun as the students did!

Sara
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey Married on 10/13/2018

Above and beyond!

I cannot speak higher of this company! We hired them for DJ and photobooth at our wedding and all I can say is wow. So much preparation went into making sure our day was exactly as we wanted it down to any little detail - all entered on a user friendly website form. Later in the evening we found out that their staffer got in an accident (he's ok) with the equipment in their van, but they still managed to make it to the event without so much as a hiccup and without us knowing there was even a problem! The photobooth was so fun and definitely worth the money. Everyone had a blast and said it was the best wedding they've been to...DJ Terry was amazing, thank you!
    Kirsten Married on 10/06/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    DJ Terry Moran did our wedding this past weekend and he was amazing! He was professional and thought of all the things I never would have! He got all our guests on the dance floor all night long and he kept things running smoothly all night long! We felt like we were 100% in the best hands all night- and through the whole process!!
    Carly Married on 08/18/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    HOLY MOLY! We got married on 8..18.18 and we booked with DJ Chris Makiej from Crown and he IS AMAZING!! He was professional, fun, and did everything that we wanted!! Great listener and had some great advice. The party rocked all night long, he really got our crowd going and no one left the dance floor. The up-lighting and music rocked all of our socks off. If you're having a hard deciding on a DJ, look no further, ask for CHRIS M. He's amazing and so worth every penny!!

-Dan and Carly Andrews
    Sarah Married on 07/07/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Our wedding was 7/7/18 @ Castle in the Clouds we used Crown Entertainment for our music & photo-booth and it was the absolute best decision we made !! We had DJ Chris Mackiej he was PHENOMENAL !!!! He kept the party dancing all night long and accommodated a few last min additional requests we made without any hesitation :) ! I would definitely recommend him and use him in the future if we need any dj entertainment. Thank you so much Chris for a great and memorable night <3 Sarah & Ryan
    Kathryn Married on 06/30/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We cannot more highly recommend Crown! They made our wedding day absolutely perfect by keeping everyone dancing and singing along, which is not an easy feat with such a wide range of ages present on our day! Terry and Sara are amazing at what they do. They kept us informed, engaged in the process, and made sure everything went off perfectly! Thank you does not even begin to express how grateful we are to them! =)
    Amanda Married on 06/30/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    DJ Chris Mak was awesome! He really read the crowd and kept our guests on the dance floor all night! All of our guests ere had so much fun and kept commenting how great our DJ was! Everyone at Crown is very flexible and helpful and we could not have been happier! Their rustic decor matched our theme perfectly and our guests had so much fun with the amazing photobooth! We loved looking at the pictures in the book they made for us after!
    Maggie Married on 06/16/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We could not have been happier with Crown Entertainment and working with DJ Chris McClure! He nailed every request including some tough to pronounce names :) We also had a unique venue (The Rocks Estate in Bethlehem, NH that is a huge Christmas tree farm and required a couple of different set ups). He also had someone helping - Enrique who was awesome as well and did a great job with the photobooth that was a HUGE hit. We also ended up adding 2 hours of overtime as our party was going way past the standard package and DJ Chris definitely had a big part in helping keeping the dancing momentum going. Would highly recommend this company and DJ Chris!
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 10/14/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    DJ Terry Moran was amazing and kept the reception flowing smoothly. He also did our ceremony music which brought people to tears. Just beautiful. He also got our vision and ran with it. The Photo booth was also a super popular destination on the day!! He played a mix of music that kept people dancing all night!!

Crown DJs, Uplights & Photobooths's reply:

Jessica & Scott, thank you for trusting me with your big day. I'm glad we could incorporate your theme into the music, and monogram as well. The crowd you invited was fantastic. Please don't be strangers!
    Juliann Married on 07/21/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    DJ Chris Makiej provided the ceremony, cocktail and reception music for our wedding at Waterville Valley, NH. Chris was great to work with and definitely wanted to make sure we had a good time! From the very beginning of the planning process he was friendly, honest, and laid back. He listened to all our ideas, discussed his style, and gave us great advice. Everyone loved the music he played at our reception and guests of all ages were on the dance floor all night. We got tons of compliments from our friends and family after the wedding. Thanks again, we highly recommend Crown Special Events!!

Juliann,
    thanks for the kind words about Chris. We love Waterville Valley and we love what we do!
    Morgan Married on 07/08/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We could not be more thrilled with our choice to work with the Crown Special Events team. DJ Terry was absolutely fabulous to work with through the entire process, but especially in the few weeks leading up to the wedding as well as day of. Wedding day is such a whirlwind and DJ Terry kept us on track getting through everything that needed to be done so we could start the party! Due to some last minute crisis the week before the wedding, we didn't get everything done we were supposed to for Terry. He didn't miss a beat. HE KIlLED IT. DJ Terry really made us feel like we were his only event all summer. He really listened to what our vision was and brought it to life! He literally had people on the dance floor during the dinner music!! We also used their uplighting and it was absolutely PERFECT. I cannot say enough good things about Crown Special Events! Crown, Thank you guys for everything. We are so lucky you were able to make our big day so very memorable!!!

- Morgan & Tim Beall

Crown DJs, Uplights & Photobooths's reply:

Morgan, what a great day! Setting was beautiful, and Church Landing really looks fantastic when we light it up with uplights! Your friends and family were a dream to deal with, and I think they may have worn out the dancefloor!
    Stephen Married on 07/08/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Chris and assistant were great. Photobooth was a hit. Music was great. Highly recommend!

Crown DJs, Uplights & Photobooths's reply:

Stephen, Thanks for your feedback. We love hearing this!
    Jacob Married on 10/08/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Crown Entertainment provided the ceremony, cocktail and reception music for October outdoor wedding. Terry and his assistant were awesome. They were easy to work with and had everyone on the dance floor groov'n. We highly recommend Crown Entertainment.
    Anthony Married on 10/01/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Terry and all the crew at Crown were outstanding to work with. From scheduling the initial phone calls, to meeting up in person and of course the actual event, they were nothing but top notch pros. All were accommodating, courteous and nailed the performance at our wedding. Would highly recommend working with Terry and Crown!
illustration stars