Crossed Keys Estate Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Robert L. Getting married on 06/08/2022

Best Day Ever !

Our daughters wedding was at Crossed Keys Estates August 30th 2020. We can't say enough about this venue. The grounds were gorgeous which made for so many beautiful photos. The bouquets and table flowers were exceptional. The food was amazing and our guests are still raving about this venue. We would like to thank Katherine, Jessica, Kyle and the Crossed Keys team for making our daughters dreams come true. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication that made this day possible.
    Farmer Bob and Lisa Simon
  • Steven
    Steven S. Married on 10/22/2021

You Will Not Be Disappointed

A absolutely outstanding venue. Family owned....and it shows! Our daughter's wedding was perfect and Crossed Keys was attentive to all the details. Food, service, venue, decor, liquor and floral arrangements were all top shelf. If a rustic setting, outdoor views and beautiful new rustic farmhouse are what you are looking for then look no further. The CK family was responsive from beginning to end and so easy to work with. They made the bride, groom and parents a priority throughout the planning process and event. You will not be disappointed!
  • Ray
    Ray B. Married on 10/16/2021

Dream venue & team

We just wanted to take a moment to thank you for such an unforgettable wedding experience. Everything from start to finish was perfectly executed and it was such a pleasure to work with Crossed Keys Estate & their team. We received so many compliments from friends and family on the reception space, the food and the grounds. Katrina, Katherine and the entire team were so accommodating and made the process a breeze. Could not have imagined a better day!
  • Olivia
    Olivia S. Married on 10/10/2021

What an Incredible Venue!

We are so happy to have found the beautiful Crossed Keys Estate to hold our fall wedding this past October! The grounds are stunning and there are so many special places on the property to enjoy. The new, well-appointed indoor Farmhouse is truly a beautiful addition to the outdoor space. I mention all of this because while we were so looking forward to holding our ceremony outside in the beautiful garden, it began raining a few hours before the ceremony and we had to pivot to the indoor Farmhouse space. We were not disappointed – the staff showed their professionalism and agility in converting the indoor reception space for the ceremony and then back again in a seamless fashion. Most of our guests had no idea they were in the same space! We held the after-party at the venue under the heated tent and outdoor by the fire pit with smores and hot chocolate. They were also great at accommodating an outside cigar and whiskey bar hired for the after-party. It was perfect!

A big shout out to Kyle, Jessica, Katherine, Katrina, Danielle, and the rest of the wonderful team at Crossed Keys. All the services provided from the catering to the design to the coordination were impeccable. The team accommodated all our requests, including our multiple signature cocktails and late-night bites at the after party. They also made planning our wedding a dream as they offer many services on-premises and have a vetted list of vendors such as photographers and stylists.

Our guests raved about the food and the venue, and we could not have been happier to celebrate our wedding at Crossed Keys!
  • Theo
    Theo L. Married on 09/25/2021

Picturesque Perfection!

From the moment we visited Crosses Keys Estate we knew it was truly a special place. Katherine and her amazing team didn’t just treat us like clients, but like family from the moment we first set foot on the property. As a same-sex couple we could not have felt more comfortable knowing how much they genuinely supported the love that we shared. From its brand new beautifully structured farmhouse to the scenic estate grounds, our 9/25/21 wedding was everything we could have dreamed of and more!

We were fortunate enough to not have to postpone our date, but throughout the pandemic they were fully transparent with realistic scenarios and handled our concerns with caution and care.

Aside from picturesque perfection and the most hospitable team, the food is EXCEPTIONAL! We even asked for a personalized cocktail station that wasn’t listed on the menu and without hesitation John (chef) and their culinary team went above and beyond to make it happen. Our guests are still raving and craving the menu from our wedding day.

Jessica and the Crossed Keys Designs team went above and beyond to bring our floral and wedding vision to life and each and every detail was breathtakingly beautiful. They truly make magic happen and no detail is left untouched.

Huge shout out to Kyle, who not only took us on our very first tour, but seamlessly managed the floor and serving staff during the reception. Everyone was super attentive to us and all our guests from start to finish.

If we could do it all over again we ABSOLUTELY would without changing a thing! There is no need to look any further, you won’t regret trusting and choosing this amazing venue to celebrate the most magical day of your life.
    Melissa M. Married on 08/29/2021

Truly the most magical place to get married!!!

I don’t even know where to begin but I am so incredibly grateful for the whole team at Crossed Keys - Jessica, Kyle, Katherine and Katrina - for making our wedding day the most beautiful day of our lives. Our wedding was everything we could have ever hoped for and more. If you are looking for an outdoor/farmhouse feel, RUN and book CKE. We took advantage of all they had to offer, including staying at the CK Inn and the Estate House which made everything so convenient and was super comfortable. The grounds at the venue are stunning and make for beautiful photo opps and the farmhouse is just incredible. The playhouse made for the perfect backdrop to get ready and was able to watch them set up the ceremony and see my guests arrive. The food was delicious and all of our guests raved about it all night. Lastly, the flowers were so beautiful and Jessica really brought my “boho glam” vision to life. Overall, Crossed Keys truly makes you feel part of their family for the day and everything was just so amazing. We feel so lucky to have found this venue and have had the opportunity to get married there!!
    Michelle B. Married on 07/23/2021

A LITERAL dream come true

I could not ask for a more perfect venue. Our guests were raving about this place for days after to family and friends. A few people told me they had been to many weddings and this was the best they had ever been too. The grounds are absolutely outstanding, better than a dream. The food was PERFECT, every thing was so delicious. Due to COVID-19 we had been forced to re-schedule and re-plan over and over again and Jessica, Katherine, Katrina and Kyle were with us every step of the way. They made us feel so assure and comfortable and like family. I wish I could re-live our wedding day over and over again!
    Lucas P. Married on 07/16/2021

Dream Came True!

We got married on July 16, 2021. The Crossed Keys team was wonderful throughout, given the extraordinary circumstances. Here are some highlights:

The Team
    The Crossed Keys team was a pleasure to work with. They were communicative, diligent, and made sure to ease any anxieties during planning. Jessica had a wonderful understanding of the flowers and décor that we envisioned. Kyle was extremely helpful on the day of the wedding, making sure everything was going smoothly. Katrina is super organized and kept track of all of the small details that we gave her. She was also an extremely calming presence on the day of the wedding.

The Day Of
    We were so grateful to have all of our details and decorations come together on the day of. Crossed Keys made it easy for us to relax as they created a welcoming atmosphere true to our vision. There were even a few last minute details that needed ironing out from our end which were cleaned up by the team’s excellent diligence and communication.

The Venue
    Our guests are still raving about how beautiful the venue was. Words can only describe what it’s like, but the high ceilings, huge windows, and open dance floor are stunning when you enter the reception building. Outside, there are plenty of spots for photos. Our photographer had the liberty to be creative with quite a few shots, including our first look and sunset photos.

The Food
    The kitchen staff does an amazing job at Crossed Keys. The cocktail hour options are quite varied and diverse. The entrée options were wonderful, offering four different types of plates for dinner with several options within each plate. We also had our rehearsal dinner at Crossed Keys Estate, which was just as good as the reception dinner.

Overall, this is a wonderful place to get married. 10/10 would get married again, in another life of course.
  • Laura
    Laura M. Married on 07/07/2021

Perfect 2020 Wedding

My husband and I got married at Crossed Keys on 07/19/20. Our day was beautiful and perfect.

We were supposed to get married at the venue on 04/25/20 but obviously had to postpone. The team at Crossed Keys went above an beyond to come up with a new plan for us (which they executed to perfection). They made sure that our wedding did not feel "mini" or "micro" which was my biggest concern in the planning process.

We continue to receive compliments from our guests that the floral arrangements and scenery were stunning. Our photographer mentioned that he was overwhelmed by all of the photo opportunities the property offered. The food was also delicious and far exceeded our expectations (meals were boxed for safety reasons). Jessica was there the entire day making sure everything ran smoothly.

We highly recommend Crossed Keys Estate. The team there is hardworking, beyond creative and flexible. Most importantly, they care about their couples. Postponing and re-envisioning our wedding as you can imagine was really hard (emotionally and logistically) but the Crossed Keys team treated us with such empathy and they rose to the challenge to give us a perfect experience.
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea M. Married on 06/19/2021

CKE is the best!!

We had our wedding here two weeks ago and it was absolutely breathtaking. The he new farmhouse is picturesque and there is still rustic charm about the entire venue. Besides the beauty of the venue which speaks for itself, CKE is a family owned business and they truly go the extra mile for you and your guests. It was the most magical day of our lives and we cannot say enough amazing things about it.
  • Shannon
    Shannon D. Married on 06/04/2021

Look No Further, Go with CKE!

If you are considering Crossed Keys Estate, don't look at any other venues and just pull the plug and go with them!

I stumbled upon CKE on Instagram before I was engaged. I saw a group of photos of their anticipated Farmhouse and fell in love! I knew that when the time came I HAD to look at CKE. Got engaged in October of 2019 and about a month later we were on the grounds looking at the venue, at the time the Farmhouse was not complete, but knew how beautiful it will be a knew this was where I wanted to have my reception. We signed the contract about a week later and were beyond thrilled! From that point forward, Katherine, Jessica, Kyle, and the rest of the CKE helped us along the way and treated us like a part of their family!

A year before our wedding, my parents, in-laws, I, and now husband toured the grounds again as the Farmhouse was complete in its entirely, and WOW! We were all in awe of the beauty of the farmhouse and got so excited for our day to come.

Fast forward to July 10th, the day could not have been more amazing in my eyes! It was a beautiful day, we were surrounded by family and friends who loved us and had the support of a team at the venue that could not have more on top of things! As my bridal crew and I were getting ready in the cozy Playhouse Katherine stopped by numerous times to make sure everything was going according to plan, giving us updates and making sure I was enjoying my day. Kyle and Katrina took care of us during our reception and OMG were they great! I will admit I had a mini freak-out due to some of my family members not listing to our photographer, but Katrina was there to make sure I stayed calm and to ensure I was hydrated, both with water as well as alcoholic beverages. Kyle made sure that the reception went smoothly and our family members were well taken care of. I do want to send Kyle a special shout-out and thank you for listening to be drunk ramble at the end of the night of how great everything was!

Overall, you can not go wrong with this place. The food was DELICIOUS, the grounds are beautiful, the Farmhouse was stunning and the staff was beyond helpful and pleasure to work with and have in my support team. I was lucky enough to not be a complete COVID bride, but there were a few COVID-related things that I needed to discuss with them I felt very confident with anything they had to say or recommend during this time.

I am so sad that my day at CKE has come and gone so quickly, but it gives me such a great feeling knowing how well I was taken care of how great everything thing came together. I will definitely be back to the ground for a photoshoot or even better to attend a wedding.
  • Elena
    Elena F. Married on 05/02/2021

Crossed Keys Estate

Crossed Keys Estate....where dreams come TRUE!

I honestly don’t know where to begin.....My daughter was married here on May 2, 2021 and it was PERFECT!
    Crossed Keys Estate is beautiful.....from the lush gardens and the perfectly kept grounds to the gorgeous “farmhouse”!! From the day we booked the wedding the Rodriguez family were very professional and attentive to our needs. Jessica made the planning process so easy and payed great attention to all the DETAILS! The food was exceptional! There are so many choices for both cocktail hour and dinner selections, everything we chose was amazing!!! Crossed keys doesn’t disappoint!

• Kristine
    Kristine C. Married on 10/29/2020

Beautiful and Wonderful

The Crossed Keys Estate saved our wedding day. I can’t begin to express how beautiful everything turned out to be and it’s all thanks to Jessica, Kyle and Katherine who I had the pleasure of working with very closely. Jessica was always there to answer every and all questions through email or phone call and she helped guide me through the process of planning a wedding within pretty much a months time span. We had to cancel our original venue and we didn’t have much time to find an outdoor venue. When I was on my mission, determined to have our wedding and not let the chaos of COVID ruin our day, I stumbled upon Crossed Keys online. I reached out via email and sure enough our date was somehow available! Katherine was kind enough to put my date on hold until I went and looked at the venue which I then fell in love with even more so. The day of Kyle and Katherine couldn’t do enough to make sure things ran smoothly and that my husband and I were comfortable and taken care of and enjoying ourselves. Again there are no words but to thank you for giving us our “miracle” wedding. I would recommended to anyone.
  • Deanna
    Deanna A. Married on 10/10/2020

Modern farmhouse, amazing food, organized coordinators- look no further!

It is hard to know where to begin when trying to pick the “highlights” of having our wedding at Crossed Keys Estate, because truly the entire experience from start to finish was nothing short of perfection. We ended up visiting Crossed Keys with out parents, and I think it is safe to say that on that first day when we saw the bare bones of the farmhouse, we all knew immediately that it was going to be the absolute perfect place to get married. The entire Rodriguez/Hanselman family was so genuine and wonderful to us, that it not only seemed like the perfect place for the wedding, but the perfect people to help us get our vision to come to life. In our early planning stages, Katherine and Jessica were extremely organized and communicated very clearly about when and what they needed from us. We met with Jessica for our floral consultation with Crossed Keys Designs on March 14, 2020 as the world began shutting down, and at that point had no idea that we would even have to consider moving our October 2020 wedding. We were looking for simple, fall decor for our wedding, but we knew we were still going to have about 200 people and would want flowers to bring the farmhouse to life. Jess took exactly what we envisioned and presented it to us in an easy to navigate proposal. When we began to realize that postponing may be our best option, the entire Crossed Keys team presented us with our options and made the process of changing as easy as possible. During our engagement, Crossed Keys launched a wedding portal website that was easy to navigate and so helpful in keeping everything organized. If you go with Crossed Keys, you do not need an additional planner as they keep everything organized and provide day-of coordinators who take care of EVERYTHING! And I really mean everything! Leading up to our wedding, we worked mostly with Katrina, who was happy to chat on the phone or answer emails whenever we had questions. When our bus company canceled on us a week before our wedding, Crossed Keys almost knew about it before we did as they were checking in with them independently to make sure they had everything correctly! Crossed Keys is truly a “one stop shop.” The morning of getting ready in the playhouse with my best girl friends, mom, MIL, and grandma was so special and gave me memories that will truly last forever. The grounds were AMAZING for photos and for the bridal party to hang out around while we did our photos. It seriously looks like we took our photos in a botanical garden somewhere! We have heard nothing but absolutely RAVING reviews from all of our wedding guests stating that the grounds, building, food, beverage service, florals, and EVERYTHING were absolutely amazing! As a complete and total foodie, I knew that wherever we chose to get married would have to have amazing food options, and Crossed Keys fulfilled that completely. At our cocktail hour, we had a pastrami/Jewish deli station as well as a pasta bar, which perfectly satiated both of our Jewish and Italian sides of the family. I can’t forget that every vendor that we hired was from the Crossed Keys recommended vendor list, and they were ALL amazing. I’ll wrap up with what I think is the most important thing about Crossed Keys, they are a family and they truly treat their couples like family. Thank you Jessica, Katherine, Katrina, Kyle, Joanna, and EVERYONE who helped make our day- know that it was truly perfect and we could not recommend you guys more!
    Jackie S. Married on 09/26/2020

Best day ever! 8.29.20

I would highly recommend The Crossed Keys Estate for your wedding venue! They were so helpful and generous. My husband and I got married during Covid times, so this really had made everything we already planned go out the window, or so we thought. Jessica and the rest of the team really stepped up, we continued our planning for our date, we moved it outside instead of the beautiful farmhouse and the wedding went on without a hitch. I was absolutely shocked when I saw the tent and how everything was set up so beautifully, really couldn't imagine a wedding fitting more our style then what we had. I have always been big on my wedding and how I vision it, and The Crossed Keys team really made it beyond my dreams, EVEN DURING COVID! Not only was the Jessica and team there every step of the way to make me feel safe about having a wedding during covid, but day of, we were catered to and I felt like a princess. I am so happy I choose to have my wedding here and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a venue in NJ.
    Brittany Married on 08/21/2020

Best Wedding Ever

My husband and I can’t describe how amazing our wedding at Crossed Keys was. First, it was a pandemic wedding but somehow it ended up being the best wedding ever and that’s because of Jessica with the help of her husband, Kyle. The venue is incredible, with or without the farmhouse that they just built (we couldn’t use it as we planned because of covid but it’s amazing). Our guests felt like they were transported to a magical fairy tale land where they felt joyful and safe. Jessica’s patience and overall good vibes ensured us both that they cared about taking safety measures seriously and that they were going to do everything possible to make sure our wedding was the dream we always wanted. I can’t imagine a better or more beautiful place to have your wedding with or without a pandemic. We really can’t thank Jessica and the team at Crossed Keys enough for making this the best day ever. Seriously, there’s no competition for a better place in NJ to get married. Thank you, Crossed Keys. So much love from Brittany and Sean
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa Married on 08/16/2020

Dream wedding!

We just got married at Crossed Keys on August 16th and have nothing but great things to say about the venue and their team. Despite being married in the middle of a pandemic, Jessica did everything possible to be fair and accommodating to my now husband and I and our families and allowed us to have a sized down version of our original large, 200 person event. The food was amazing and the florals and decor exceeded my expectations. Every guest ive spoken to since the wedding has said it was one of the most beautiful and all around great venues they've ever been to. I would recommend them without hesitation!
  • Lillian
    Lillian C. Married on 08/08/2020

Look No Further !!!!

There truly aren’t the right words to say how incredible this venue is, but I will try. From the moment we stepped foot onto the property and shook Katherine’s hand (actually, I think she pulled me in and hugged me), we knew this was where we would get married. We were drawn to Crossed Keys because of the stunning scenery everywhere you look, but it was more than beauty to the eyes. There was this feeling of magic we felt every time we visited the venue, which was just magnified times a million on the day of our wedding. It all felt like a dream and I’d love to go back and relive it. Jessica, Katherine, Kyle, and the whole Crossed Keys Team worked TIRELESSLY throughout the planning process and during the event to make sure everything ran smoothly. Knowing that you can put your complete and utter trust into a group of people with food, florals and pretty much everything that has to do with your wedding is priceless. They are worth every penny. Guests are still talking about it, and we are still dreaming about it. Look no further, you have found your wedding venue!
  • Julia
    Julia G. Married on 07/31/2020

Truly perfect!

What a venue! I can’t say enough good things about this place. After discovering their micro-wedding package online, my husband and I knew we had to jump on this opportunity! Due to the pandemic regulations, we had to cancel at our original venue since they did not have an outside area and us not wanting to wait a year to tie the knot. As soon as we walked in an sat down with Kathy we knew right away, THIS IS IT! Knowing I had to plan a whole wedding in a month was not an easy task to think about. Jess didn’t miss a beat though, she was the first person who truly just got what my vision was and made it come to life. The day of my wedding was more than what we could have ever expected. For only having about 80 people there, I can say it felt like a normal size wedding and we couldn’t have asked for more, honestly. It was beautiful and I can’t thank them enough, I would recommend Crossed Keys Estate over and over again ✨
  • Danielle
    Danielle F. Married on 01/11/2020

Dream Wedding Venue!

There are no words to express our satisfaction and gratitude to the Crossed Keys Estate team and family! We had our wedding at CKE on November 1, 2020 and it was the most beautiful and magical night that I could have imagined. We were supposed to get married in April 2020 but due to COVID had to postpone. Jessica and her family were not only supportive and helpful during this entire process but made everything brighter and took care of us during this stressful time. The details and thoughtfulness that this team puts into every single detail of your wedding is unmatched. I feel so thankful to have found them and worked with them. Every part of their planning and execution was top notch. The food was divine ( especially the appetizers, my guests are still raving about them). The décor and flowers were breathtaking. I am still dreaming about the Farmhouse set up, which we used for our ceremony due to bad weather) and the tent (which felt like Jessica and team found out what my ultimate dream wedding would be and then brought it to life). Planning and having a wedding during COVID was such an emotional ride and having CKE I knew no matter what the regulations were or the state of the state they were going to make my day perfect and special! The Farmhouse is truly the most beautiful venue, the floor to ceiling window is stunning, the high ceilings and chic farmhouse vibes are the best combination of a rustic chic feel. The bathrooms in the Farmhouse also deserve their own mention, they are so gorgeous. The bridal suite, where we spent time before the ceremony was a major photo opt! We got ready in the playhouse which was also so cute and had a very cozy pretty vibe. Night of Kyle and Catherine made me feel like part of the family and were so attentive. They were making sure everything was how I wanted it, offering their advice to help me and so flexible as things came up and changed. When they told me we would have to wrap things up in 5-10 minutes for our exit I wanted to cry, I did not want to ever leave that tent! I will recommend this venue to everyone and anyone I meet who is getting married. I truly could not imagine a better wedding venue. I am so happy I got to share this journey and night with this family and I will be in touch with them forever!
  • Jacqueline
    Jacqueline Married on 09/15/2019

Best day of our lives!

My husband and I got married at Crossed Keys in early August. The entire experience, from planning decor, the wedding kick off/food tasting, to the actual wedding day, was absolutely amazing! To top everything off - our guests said our food (cocktail hour and dinner/dessert) was some of the best they've ever had!

Jessica and Katherine - thank you so much for making our wedding one to remember.

- Jackie and Brian Bell
  • Camryn
    Camryn Married on 08/31/2019

Fairytale wedding

Crossed Keys was the only venue we toured, and the only venue we needed to tour. From the first time we drove up to the property (which is a BEAUTIFUL area up in that part of New Jersey to start with), we knew it was exactly what we were looking for. We didn't want a traditional wedding hall - we wanted something relaxed, but elegant and I knew I wanted a tented wedding. Crossed Keys gives you all of this and so much more. The grounds are lush and stunning, and even historical. From pictures, I felt like other venues try to replicate the nice gardens, but it just ends up looking cheesy and fake. Crossed Keys is the real garden deal. We worked with Jessica and Katherine throughout the whole process; they were both so responsive, helpful, and I knew we could trust them in making the wedding of our dreams happen. We also loved the fact that this is a family run business!
    - Floral and decor is done through Jessica - making it such an easy process to coordinate and it all turned out absolutely beautiful. You meet with her to go over your ideas and I felt like she read my mind in what I was looking for.
    - The food was absolutely the best wedding food I've had - we had the chilean sea bass which I highly recommend. We kept getting compliments about it all!
    - Both Jessica and Katherine were onsite and kept checking on all of us in the wedding party to see how we were doing and even just offered us water while we took pictures! Very attentive and accommodating.

I could go on and on, but in summary, we have had so many people from family, friends of family, and our friends say that this was one of the best weddings (if not the best wedding) they've been to! If you want a fairytale wedding, this is your venue!
  • Samantha
    Samantha L. Married on 06/21/2019

The most MAGICAL day!

I was introduced to Crossed Keys Estate a few years ago and I immediately fell in love with the magic of the grounds & gardens. When we were planning our wedding ceremony, we truly couldn't have imagined a more perfect location. Working with them was so easy... Jessica & Katherine were incredibly accommodating and open to our ideas. They helped us plan out the day & made suggestions to help our planning process go even smoother. On our wedding day, they were always nearby to help. It truly felt like being surrounded by family. They also created the most beautiful flower arrangements for us. With just a few photos for inspiration, they nailed my vision for the most perfect lavender wedding bouquet. From start to finish, we're forever grateful for the most perfect wedding day at Crossed Keys!
  • Kara
    Kara M. Married on 05/18/2019

Absolute Perfection

If it were possible to deliver more than 5 stars to Crossed Keys Estate, I would do it without hesitation. The moment I stepped foot onto their grounds, I knew it was the place for me. I've always pictured myself getting married in my backyard and man oh man, did this completely surpass my expectations. I tip my hat to the ENTIRE team at Crossed Keys. Every email was delivered with a prompt and incredibly helpful response from either Jessica or Katherine. I am not a planner or a DIY-er so having Jessica and her team to help out with all the decor and flowers was absolutely perfect. Her and her team know the industry inside and out and deliver with top notch quality. With her expertise and sharp eye, I knew I was in the right hands. The flowers were gorgeous and I am still getting compliments from my guests on the ambiance - it fully exceeded my expectations. Not only that, but Katherine and the family made me and MY family feel like we were home. Their attention to detail and commitment to service is something that I continue to be impressed with. I am so excited about their new Farmhouse addition - my Mom wished we waited a bit longer so we could have the reception there but I fell in love with the beautiful white tent. I wish I could get married over and over again, just to continue to work with them and experience their talent! They gave me and my new hubby the wedding of our dreams