147 Reviews for Crossed Keys Estate

House Liquor (1)
Dance Floor (1)
Lighting (1)
147 Crossed Keys Estate Reviews

From beginning to end, Ian and Becky's wedding was perfection. The first time we met with Katherine and visited Crossed Keys, I was impressed with her professionalism, enthusiasm and love of what she does. She helped them build memories that will last a lifetime. The food was delicious and our guests raved about the selection and quality that Crossed Keys offered. The venue is one of the prettiest I have ever seen. We were surrounded by mountains and nature all day and it made the ceremony and reception so unique. Every detail was meticulously taken care of and the bride and groom were able to truly enjoy their time with family and friends. I cannot thank Katherine and her staff enough for making this dream come true for my family.

Profile Picture Kathy, 8/16/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers

For family and friends, this was as close to perfect as a wedding can get. During the planning phase the interaction between the bride, the family and Cross Keys management was smooth, clear and flexible. The venue and accommodations are lovely. Just prior to and during the wedding the coordination was professional yet low key. Later on, after discovering things left and forgotten during the euphoria of the perfect wedding, we found that Cross Keys management had taken care of each issue without asking. We appreciate the warmth and professionalism of every one there.

Profile Picture David and Jackie, 8/16/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning

We had our ceremony and reception at Crossed Keys and it was an absolutely PERFECT experience. Katherine and her staff/family certainly know what they're doing. Every single detail - from the moment the guests arrived, to the moment they left - was perfect. We received so many compliments that we're still getting calls and emails nearly two months later! The grounds are gorgeous, Katherine knows what works and what doesn't and will execute your vision seamlessly. The day of our wedding could not have been more relaxed, especially since we were able to stay on the grounds and get ready in the barn (the girls) and the inn (the guys). The guys played horseshoes, relaxed on the deck, and the ladies drank mimosas, got their hair and makeup done, and laughed and relaxed. It could not have been more perfect. Plus, Katherine added special touches that only enhanced the entire experience - from the popcorn, lemonade and iced tea for guests as they arrived, to the EXCEPTIONAL service by the staff during our reception, we simply could not have had a better, more perfect and seamlessly executed day. Definitely have your wedding here!

Profile Picture User4472522, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning

I highly recommend Crossed Keys Inn!! Every guest who attended my daughters wedding commented "This was the best, most beautiful wedding I have ever attended". The food was exceptional, the place is just beautiful, the flower arrangements were outstanding and the staff could not have been more attentive. Katherine and Celso run a first class venue not a detail left out. We were treated like family.

Profile Picture Cindy, 8/9/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We had a wonderful experience at Crossed Keys Inn! Katherine made the entire planning process enjoyable and easy. From the first meeting to the day of the wedding, she took care of every detail and really made our vision come to life. The property is GORGEOUS and unlike any other venue you will find in NJ. Between the big tent (and large dance floor), the fire pit area, the playhouse, and the field where they set up horseshoes & corn hole, there is truly something for everyone to do, and your guests will have plenty of room to move around. The girls had so much fun getting ready in the playhouse and it was convenient being in the same place all day and not having to worry about any transportation for the bridal party. Katherine and Celso did such a wonderful job the day of the wedding. Everything went smoothly and the service was wonderful. We received SO many compliments. We were able to relax and enjoy every minute of the day while they took care of everything. If you are looking for a beautiful outdoor, rustic venue, I highly recommend Crossed Keys!!!

Profile Picture Kari, 8/2/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning

Don't know where the time has gone since our amazing wedding day. Katherine and her team at Crossed Keys did an such a great job. The food and service was terrific and I got calls and emails for weeks later saying it was the best wedding ever. Everyone could not stop talking about the great Steak coming right off the grill !

Thanks so much for making our wedding day everything we could of imagined.

Profile Picture Kris, 7/26/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Crossed Keys Inn could not have been a more perfect setting for our wedding! We wanted something that felt rustic yet classic, and it was that and more. Everything went perfectly thanks to the staff. We loved the garden ceremony, the playhouse, and the tent looked absolutely gorgeous! There is something for everyone there too; they had a photo booth, fire pit, yard games, large dance floor, and beautiful views. Again, I cannot recommend this location enough. If you want an outdoor wedding with a farm feel, this is the place to be. Katherine and her team are awesome!

Profile Picture Laura, 7/19/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning

Katherine and Celso, what can we say about the great wedding day we had at your Crossed Keys Inn. Your venue is stunning and so unique. Jenn, Pete and all of our guests continue to rave about the country setting, the attention you gave to every detail, the outstanding food, the bed and breakfast, and the special touch of arranging for a perfect and sunny day! You and your team are truly pros and we are your biggest fans. Please keep us at the top of your reference list. We know that Jenn and Pete have sent you some pictures of their special day. We hope you are enjoying the fall season -the grounds must look spectacular! Thanks again for everything. Sincerely, Barb and Jack Baron

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Barbara and Jack, 6/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

It was the most amazing vendor. They made my day so special. I can't thank Katherine and her team enough for all they did to make everything so personal for my husband and I. It was truly a wonderful and special day

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Sarah, 6/22/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Party Supplies, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Perfection does not even begin to describe our wedding day!!! From the beautiful backdrop of the garden, to the relaxed fun of making s'mores around the fire pit, the Crossed Keys Inn gave us all we could ever have wanted and more!

There was something so relaxed and welcoming about the whole day. It felt like home. Like a place I had been to a thousand times, and knew intimately.

Our guests raved about the location, and loved walking around the grounds and seeing all the beautiful nooks and corners. We were able to give our wedding day the laid back, family feel that we wanted while still bringing a level of class and sophistication to the day. And customization was not a problem! We wanted to have the cocktail hour before the ceremony and it worked out beautifully! They really make each wedding unique.

The food was wonderful! From Thai, to American, to Italian and more, there are so many options to choose from. We loved that they had carrot cake as an option! It was so good!

Looking back both of us agree that we would do it all over again just the same way!

Profile Picture Laura, 5/18/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning

Crossed Keys Inn was a revelation. Katherine and her staff were thoughtful, responsive, detail-oriented, friendly, and thoroughly professional from first contact all the way through the ceremony and reception. The venue was green, lush, and manicured. The food was excellent (we heard many many compliments) and the servers were first-rate. Many of our guests traveled from California; each of them said it a little bit differently, but they all expressed the same sentiment - "Wow. I wish we had a place like this back home."

We were thoroughly impressed and delighted with the Crossed Keys Inn. Without reservation, we would enthusiastically recommend it to anyone.

Les & Sue Holland

Profile Picture User4278916, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning

If you are looking to host a wedding that deviates from the traditional NJ banquet weddings, you have found your place at Crossed Keys Inn. We really enjoyed planning our wedding and at no time found ourselves overwhelmed or stressed in the months, weeks and days leading up to our big day as most brides and grooms feel.
When you meet Katherine you will completely understand how all of this was possible. From her outstanding list of recommended vendors (photographers, videographers, bands, etc), her floral expertise, her years of experience, her attention to detail, and her desire to make your day perfect in every way, Katherine made our wedding one unforgettable... not only for my husband and I, but for all of our guests. While we enjoyed dreaming of our special day, Katherine worked diligently to make sure that our dream came to life.
So beyond the venue, which happened to be perfect in every way, here is what you should consider when booking your wedding: Will someone care enough about your big day to make sure that it will exactly how you dreamed it would be? Is it important to you that you feel the person behind the scenes has as much invested in impressing your guests as you do? Do you want to be able to enjoy the days leading up to your wedding without excessive worry and stress? Do you want someone who can calm your nerves the day of the wedding by simply saying "I am already taking care of that?" Do you want to spend the most time you possibly can with your new spouse, family, and friends the day of your wedding without worrying about what is going on behind the scenes?
All these things were important to us and I can say without question that my husband and I wouldn't have done anything different. We trusted our big day to Katherine at Crossed Keys Inn and it was the best decision we made! Her unwavering commitment to her brides and grooms is remarkable and we feel blessed to have been able to be part of the Crossed Keys Inn wedding family!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/19/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is a spectacular venue! It is absolutely beautiful and a perfect place for a wedding! Everything you need is here: a charming country inn, an historic barn and stone cottage, fabulous floral gardens and idyllic fields. How wonderful to spend the entire day there, everyone milling about on a gorgeous fall day and playing cornhole in the fields during the reception! Some folks sat by the fire pit. Celso’s catering was the best we’ve ever had! Seriously! Everyone raved about the food! But it was really Katherine who made the day special. Our guests made a point to confirm this with us. Katherine is a gem! She is a lovely, spirited and gracious person who worked tirelessly to make the wedding so special! I was reluctant to rely on someone I didn’t know well. I quickly realized how capable and knowledgeable she is. And how artistic and creative! Katherine’s Dahlia gardens are spectacular! She made the bouquets and table arrangements blend the rustic scenery with the elegance of the event. She is full of ideas for every aspect and she is happy to share them with you even if it means less income for her. Her priority is making the event successful for her clients, not forcing her ideas on them. Our daughter is an interior designer and had many opinions regarding how the venue should look. Katherine was adept and easily worked with her to plan and produce her wedding. Katherine’s integrity and honesty, along with her enthusiasm, make it easy for clients to work with her. She is so pleasant to work with! Even when she has to remind people of the rules, she does so in a gentle but firm manner that works wonders to smooth away any hard feelings and restore smiles! Behind the scenes, Katherine is a dynamo and worked hard to produce the event every step of the way so that we didn’t have to concentrate at all on how things were going. We instead got to mingle with our guests and enjoy ourselves while Katherine worked her magic! That, to me, is the goal of a perfect event!

Profile Picture Mary Ann, 10/12/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Profile Picture Mary Ann, 10/12/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Party Supplies, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Honestly, I don't know where to start in this review - maybe their professionalism and responsiveness that makes you feel like the most important bride of the year or do I go on to explain the painstaking detail & care they put in to creating a wedding that far exceeding my every expectation?! Crossed Keys made wedding planning a dream and literally helped to craft my ideal wedding. We visited several venues and each one we felt like, "eh, this could work" then we went to Crossed Keys. Within the first few minutes my fiance and I looked at each other & said "this is it!" The grounds are absolutely gorgeous.You are instantly transported to a new and romantic time. We have been overwhelmed with compliments about the location, the food, the venue, the staff, everything! Everyone keeps saying it was the best wedding they've ever been to!

Working with Katherine was one of the best experiences of wedding planning. Every time I sent an email to Crossed Keys, it was answered in less than 24 hours.They are true professionals full of innovative and creative ideas. I always felt like they were truly determined to create our perfect wedding.Crossed Keys makes it so clear that everything is all about you. Each time we visited we were welcomed with a hug & exciting ideas exchanged. On the day of, Katherine beamed with as much enthusiasm & excitement as our own family. She made sure me, my new husband, and my parents were eating & drinking enough and taking the time to enjoy ourselves. The wait staff was amazing as well!!

It was so nice to have so many vendors rolled into one as well. We had our location, rentals, event design, caterer, baker, & florist all in one. As you plan your wedding and the big day draws near, it's not always easy to coordinate with the many vendors. It made things so much easier for so many to be one!

Thank you Crossed Keys for exceeding my every wedding dream!!!

Profile Picture Nichole, 9/29/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I do not have enough wonderful things to say about the Crossed Keys Inn- The entire team made our wedding day absolutely perfect. Based on their expertise, they were able to work with our ideas and make suggestions as to how our wedding would work within their venue. They were so helpful and responsive throughout the planning process and our wedding day went off without a hitch- we have received so many compliments on our wedding and how much people loved the entire day.

Beyond the grounds which are amazing, the Inn was great. All the girls in my bridal party stayed in the Inn for a sleepover the night before the wedding and it was so wonderful- it was fun to wake up and get ready together in the morning!

The service we received was fabulous- our wedding was more beautiful and fun than we could have ever dreamed thanks to the team at the Crossed Keys Inn- I could not recommend them more!

Profile Picture Becky, 8/31/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter's wedding at the Crossed Keys Inn was simply spectacular. We really wanted our guests to have a fantastic time as they celebrated this wonderful life event with us, and Katherine and Jessica made sure we realized that goal. We are still receiving calls and messages from family and friends who said this was one of the best weddings they ever attended - raving about the delicious food, the beautiful and different location and the service provided by everyone at the Crossed Keys Inn. From the first meeting we had with Katherine and Jessica to the day of the wedding, we had an extremely positive experience. All negotiations were honest, clear and thorough. It is so obvious that weddings are their business - they simply know what they're doing and treat their customers with respect and understanding throughout the process. And on the big day, when things can be hectic, Katherine and Jessica made us feel more relaxed and allowed us to focus on the event itself because they were so organized with absolutely everything under control. When all was said and done, my daughter said her wedding exceeded her best dreams for her special day!

Profile Picture Karen, 8/31/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

My daughter's wedding at the Crossed Keys Inn was a magical event! Katherine and her staff made everyone extremely comfortable and handled every moment with the utmost care and attention to detail. It was as if we were being welcomed into her home. I have nothing but the highest praise for the entire experience.

Profile Picture Paul, 8/17/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Katherine and Jessica were wonderful to work with throughout my wedding planning experience. The venue was breath taking, food delicious, and the staff was so attentive. because of the Crossed Keys Inn i was able to plan my dream wedding!!!! Our guests were thrilled and everyone was just so happy with the way the whole day went off without a hitch!!

Profile Picture Jennifer , 8/3/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were married at Crossed Keys Inn on June 29th 2013. I can not begin to express what an incredible day it was made so special by Katherine, Jessica and Celsos Catering. Leading up to the wedding we were impressed by how quickly they would respond to questions and concerns we had. The day of the wedding we were blown away with how everything came together. We highly suggest using Event Designs by Katherine for floral and decor, not only did it make planning super easy and stress-free but they nailed it! Katherine and Jessica know what works best at their venue and they delivered the most beautiful flowers and really made our vision come to life. Another suggestion for brides-to-be is to splurge and get the photo booth. We made the last minute decision to use Big Cheese Photo Booths and it was a major hit (even with the older crowd)! Truly added another special element to the big day that everyone was raving about.

Profile Picture Allison, 6/29/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I recently had my wedding at Crossed Keys Inn. Katherine and Jessica were unbelievable in making our wedding exactly what I had imagined! They were timely in their responses via email, helpful in their suggestions and feedback, flexible with last minute changes, and right there every step of the way on the day of the event. They even made sure I was hydrated throughout the reception! The event ran smoothly with not one issue. I was completely confident that they always had everything under control. The food was absolutely outstanding and the venue itself was gorgeous and far surpassed my expectations. I would recommend this venue to all brides looking for something that is not traditional in a ballroom or banquet hall setting. I have gotten amazing feedback on how unique the venue itself is and it truly offers a different experience for the guest.

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/8/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Our daughter was married at Crossed Keys on June 1, 2013, and it was absolutely the most amazing celebration one could imagine! From the first time we took Kristen and Alex to see Crossed Keys we all knew this was the place where the wedding needed to take place. The grounds are spectacular, the food is outrageously delicious, the service is heart-filled. Katherine went out of her way to make all of our guests feel welcome and people are still talking about the “most amazing wedding” they have ever attended. Our daughter has extremely high expectations for everything she does, and although we tried to explain that the wedding would be wonderful even if things went a little wrong, we wasted our breath. The day exceeded everyone’s greatest imagination, and in the words of our daughter it was the Best. Day. Ever. Every parent wants a wedding that will fulfill their daughter’s wildest dreams At Crossed Keys expect to be blown away! We used the word amazing several times in this review…but we will say it again and again. We get teary-eyed when we recall the day – every detail. Thank you Katherine, Celso, and staff!

Profile Picture John and Betti, 6/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We absolutely loved and enjoyed our special day! It rained for a few days before our Wedding, but when we woke up, there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Right after I woke up, I received an email from Katherine saying "It's a beautiful day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!," which in turn excited me more! We arrived and there wasn't a cloud in the sky, everything was bloomed and the trees we're full and green. The whole property looked gorgeous. During the ceremony the birds were chirping, the sun was glowing, and we were smiling from ear to ear. Having an outdoor ceremony was a huge plus for us, it made everything more personable and quaint. People are still commenting on how wonderful and unique Crossed Keys Inn was, and we will remember it forever!

Profile Picture Erica, 5/26/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Where do I even begin? The dynamic duo of Katherine & Jessica are a power to behold! As the brains and talent behind Crossed Keys Inn in Andover, NJ they make it look easy! We live out of state and trying to plan a wedding from afar can be difficult. Katherine and Jessica were so wonderful! From our first tour of the property through our goodbyes the morning after the wedding, they opened their hearts and home to my family. I told Jessica the theme and specifics of what I wanted, a country chic wedding, and she ran with it. She took all the little details in my head to life. From the burlap and lace table runners, tree slices as centerpiece accents, and the gorgeous farmhouse tables, CK outdid them selves! One of the beautiful things about CK is that they are not just a venue but a one stop shop that does everything with professionalism and perfection. The food was superb, the flowers were gorgeous, and inside the tent was absolutely breathtaking. They not only handle the details of the wedding setup, but they act as the wedding planners for the day of coordination. I took so much stress of myself and my family to not have to worry about a thing. If you are getting married in NJ, Crossed Keys Inn is the place to do it. These ladies are so dedicated and passionate about each of their couples and it shows in the little details. After the wedding was over, Jessica was even dumpster diving for the engraved bottle of champagne from our engagement that get tossed out by accident. In the middle of the night with a flashlight, Jessica searched until she found our special bottle. That just goes to show you how truly amazing she is! Crossed Keys Inn deserves more than just 5 stars!

Profile Picture Laura, 5/25/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We absolutely loved and enjoyed our wedding! It was the perfect setting, wonderful food, terrific service, and Katherine and Jessica helped make the day run smoothly and met our every need. Every single guest commented on how unique, elegant, and gorgeous our wedding was from the on-site ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, to the fire pit and s'mores. I loved, loved it all. Different than any wedding I ever attended, and I now have fantastic memories to hold into forever thanks in part to Katherine and Jessica.

Profile Picture Bobbie, 10/14/12, 9 Reviews