Cross Keys Barn LLC Reviews

49 | Harrisonburg, VA

49 Reviews for Cross Keys Barn LLC

Amy · Married on 04/29/2017

Our wedding was perfect! Karen and Tim are amazing to work with, providing ideas and tips and pointers that really helped our event to be flawless! The venue is beautiful and the view is breathtaking! The only thing we wish was different was if there could be AC in the barn, our wedding was a bit warm that day, but cooled off in the evening. So happy we chose Cross Keys Barn and highly recommend it!!

Sent on 06/09/2017

Carol · Married on 03/18/2017

When you tour this facility and meet the owners, you will understand why I rated them a BIG 5! My daughter had her wedding there. We were so pleased with how easy the owners were to work with and their many suggestions to make sure our event was successful. Her ceremony was outside and they appeared with their golf cart to shuttle our elderly relatives around and the bridal party for pictures on their beautiful property, which I didn't expect. They were present the entire time for our event, which was a real comfort to us. Thank-you Mr. and Mrs. Liskey for a wonderful experience.

Sent on 05/15/2017

Evonne · Married on 10/01/2016

I would recommend Cross Keys to anyone looking to have a wonderful event. The scenery is amazing and the barn roomy but still full of character. The bridal room has great lighting and lots of room and was filled with little baskets of emergency amenities. Those little touches helped make the day feel special. Karen was professional from beginning to end and when I left my favorite sweater there, she even mailed it to me at no charge! She treated me like so much more than a client. I will definitely be recommending Cross Keys to my friends.

Sent on 10/28/2016

Meghan · Married on 05/29/2016

Such a beautiful venue, with such a responsive owner. If anyone is looking for a wedding venue (or any kind of party venue) in the area, this is, without a doubt, the best one around! Breathtaking views, a perfect bridal suite, expansive reception area, and a cocktail terrace to finish it off. The best decision we made with our entire wedding was choosing Cross Keys Barn as the venue.

Sent on 06/16/2016

Adrian · Married on 05/14/2016

This is the perfect venue for any couple, wedding or event! The views are breathtaking and the family will make you feel more than at home on your special day! More than perfect experience and the most beautiful barn we've ever been in!

Sent on 05/24/2015

Christy · Married on 04/02/2016

I would recommend Cross Keys Barn to any couple planning their big day! The Liskey's were WONDERFUL to work with and helped make our vision a reality by sharing great ideas and suggestions! The views are just stunning and make for gorgeous pictures to treasure forever! It's a unique venue with amazing character and modern amenities to make for an amazing venue! Our wedding guests were blown away by the beauty of Cross Keys Barn! I would highly recommend this venue!!

Sent on 04/11/2016

Mary Kay · Married on 08/22/2015

The March Lawrence wedding was held at this superb venue. The wedding couple was married at this pastoral setting with a panoramic view of historic Virginia Mountains as their background scene. The barn provided a festive atmosphere. The renovated wood floors, the high ceiling and large wooden beams enhanced this experience. The back deck and area underneath provided congenial places to congregate, enjoy and celebrate this blissful day.
    Thank you Karen and Tim for the fantastic logistic support you provided to ensure the success of our son and daughter in law's beautiful wedding day.
    Mary Kay and David Lawrence

Sent on 09/11/2015

Working with the Liskey family was a pleasure! They put so much time and energy into building a beautiful wedding venue and it was perfect for our big day. They were accomodating, helpful, resourceful, friendly, easy going and wonderful to work with! We had 200+ guests fit comfortably into the venue, leaving plenty of room for a dance floor. We loved using the downstairs space for a cocktail hour where the space provides shade and coverage on a hot summer evening. We also enjoyed using the outside deck space for high tops and our bar. Our guests spent a lot of their time on the deck. The view is amazing. I come from an incredibly detail oriented family and Cross Keys barn accommodated our every need. I would highly reccomend this venue!

Sent on 08/03/2015

This is a lovely, spacious old barn of wood and stone that has been updated with beautiful lighting, a great dance floor and rooms for both the bride and groom. The view from the deck is stunning and the spacious green space beyond provides a large area for guests to wander or play games. The Liskeys are delightful to work with and make every effort to ensure your event is what you wish it to be. They are considerate, professional and caring. I would definitely recommend Cross Keys Barn.

Sent on 06/17/2015

Kahla · Married on 09/17/2016

Cross Keys Barn made our dreams come true with this venue!! It was amazing! The lights are beautiful throughout the barn and make it very easy to decorate simply! They take care of so much and are very helpful throughout the entire process, from the day you first visit, until the days after your wedding is complete! I highly recommend using this venue!!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Kelsey · Married on 09/04/2016

We recently had our wedding at Cross Keys and it was perfect! Karen and Tim are wonderful people and were willing to jump into action when there was a mini crisis with dinner. The views are beautiful, the multiple spaces available worked perfectly for our cocktail hour then dinner reception, and the barn looks magnificent with the lights on! Your pictures will be brilliant! They have so many items on-site for your use such as wine barrels and fire pits and we LOVED not having to rent our tables and chairs. One other hue bonus is the brida suite. My bridesmaids and I loved being able to relax on site, steps away from where everything was happening! We got to witness the barn transform into my dream wedding. A+++

Sent on 09/11/2016
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 06/22/2019

Beautiful Barn with an Incredible View!

Cross Keys Barn is an absolutely beautiful venue. When I first stepped into the main part of the barn, I was blown away by the beautiful lights that are permanently there. We didn't have to put up a single light when decorating! There is a lovely area underneath the main part of the barn that serves as the perfect place for cocktail hour. Not to mention the BREATHTAKING mountain view for an outdoor ceremony. Karen Liskey is extremely flexible with your schedule and is always available for tours, visits to scope out the venue for decorations, etc. The venue was perfect for our wedding vision! It provided the perfect setting for our perfect day. I would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 06/28/2019

Melissa Comer · Married on 10/13/2018

Comer Wedding

Cross Keys Barn made our dreams come true! As a Bride with many questions and a lot of planing, Karen was a big help with allowing us with many visit to the barn before the wedding day! They always responded to my emails very quickly. The barn is beautiful and fit our dream Venue for our Fall wedding perfectly.

Sent on 12/03/2018

Leslie · Married on 09/29/2018

Cross Keys Barn is amazing!!! Karen is so organized and is full of tips and tricks to make your big day everything you could want it to be!! The price is a little high compared to other venues in the area, and you don't get the whole weekend included in that price. However, it is very much so worth it! Karen is very accommodating and will work with you to achieve your dream!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/15/2018

Cross keys barn was the best venue for my wedding. Karen was wonderful to work with and was so helpful during the entire process! She even sends lists of supplies that you’ll need to bring just in case... and we definitely used them! She made the day of my wedding go so smooth and was so supportive during the chaos of hurricane Florence Trying to ruin our day! She even offered the barn to us throughout the whole weekend to do the ceremony if flo did make us cancel on our day! That means the world to us and definitely helped ease the stress! Thanks Karen for being awesome!!

Sent on 09/22/2018

Ashley · Married on 06/10/2017

Karen and Tim will make sure your day is perfect! They are very attentive, quick to respond to any last minute crazy emails you may send (ie: how far is this beam from the floor??), and will do anything to make sure your day runs smoothly. I worked mostly with Karen and she always offered wise suggestions for any question I had based on experience from other events at her venue. She was also very helpful and even provided recommendations when our DJ canceled at the last minute. Make sure your vendors know about the insurance policy, but you'll be getting married in the most beautiful barn in the shenandoah valley!

Sent on 06/30/2017

So happy that we chose Cross Keys Barn for our wedding! The setting is absolutely beautiful and creates a perfect backdrop. The owners are incredibly accommodating and allowed us and the vendors to tour the venue as much as we needed. Other venues we looked at only allowed you to tour the venue once. They also bent over backwards to make everything perfect when we switched from our rain plan back to the outdoor ceremony. Everything was perfect and we'd definitely recommend Cross Keys Barn to anyone getting married.

Sent on 06/08/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/01/2018

Cross Keys Barn provided a wonderful setting for our daughter's recent wedding. The views are beautiful and provide such a lovely backdrop for an outdoor ceremony. The stoneroom is wonderful for the cocktail hour and then dinner and dancing upstairs in the barn. What a lovely evening at Cross Keys Barn, so many wonderful memories! Karen provides all the information you will need to select vendors throughout the entire planning process. We even had our rehearsal dinner here Friday evening!

Sent on 09/18/2018

The barn is beautiful on the inside and is perfect for any type of formal event you wish to hold. The Liskey's were very easy to deal with and were very flexible with everything. Would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 04/26/2015
  • Brooke

Brooke · Married on 11/10/2018

Gorgeous Venue

This venue was a dream come true! From the Mountain Views to the magically lit up barn interior, everything was gorgeous! The owner, Karen, really strives to help you planning the big and little details and is very responsive if you need anything! She allowed me to come back and visit the barn several times and helped me go over details and decoration plans. The day of the wedding, they set up all the tables and chairs so the only thing you have to do is decorate. The only stressful part of dealing with this venue was the particular insurance information she requires you to have. Other than that, is was a wonderful experience and they were great to work with!

Sent on 11/15/2018
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 06/03/2017

I had already looked at five venues and Cross Keys Barns LLC was my sixth venue. The professionalism of Karen as she explained to me in detail of the venue and property surrounding was clear and concise. All of my questions were answered. When I looked out off of the back deck and saw the view of the mountains, that made my decision to have our wedding here.
    Karen has helped the process with the contracts and answering my questions via email as painless as possible and answers in a timely fashion. She responds the next day, if not sooner. I am looking forward to working with Cross Keys Barn this upcoming year and having our wedding there in June 2017!

Sent on 05/27/2016
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 11/09/2019

Beautiful venue!!!

We truly enjoyed our experience at Cross Keys Barn! The beautiful barn space made the vision for our wedding come alive. The outside was also absolutely stunning. Karen was great to work with, responsive to all emails and questions big and small, and ensured everything was taken care of.

Sent on 11/17/2019
  • O

Olivia · Married on 10/06/2018

3.6
      2.5
      3.0

I loved how accommodating the owners were when we wanted to tour the barn anytime up till the day of our event. They made time for us and gave us great advise to keep in mind. When planning our wedding I loved how they would show the events on their social media sites. I was really hoping that they would place my event on there story so, as the bride, I had pieces to look back on that I may have missed. They did not do that for my event and that made me upset that my day wasn't displayed like others were in the past. Also at the end of our night I felt as if we were rushed out of the barn. The walkthrough that was done with my parents went very quickly. Some of my guests may have enjoyed themselves a little to much but they all had responsible rides home. That being said I felt as if they lost their patiences with some of my guest which made me disappointed at the end of the evening. The venue is beautiful and I would recommend this place to my friends and family but there is always room for improvement!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Cross Keys Barn LLC's reply:

Olivia,
    Thank you for taking time to review Cross Keys Barn after your wedding. We offer unlimited return visits to the barn and I am glad you took advantage of this service and re-visited the barn several times. I am happy to hear that you found my tips and advice useful when planning your event. I am delighted you enjoy looking at pictures on social media of events we have hosted at Cross Keys Barn. When creating posts for Facebook, the pictures are usually at least a month after the event has taken place, not within 8 days of an event, as such in your case. On the day of your event, I posted several pictures on Cross Keys Barn Instagram “story”. The night of your event I shared a video on Facebook and 3 days later I also shared “sneak peek” pictures that your photographer had shared on her page. If you would have expressed your desire to see some of your pictures on social media the week right after your event, I would have tried my best to accommodate your wishes so you would not be sad. You hired an outstanding professional photographer to capture your wedding and I am sure she is editing your pictures as fast as her time will allow so that you can review all the wonderful memories of that day. I’m sorry that you felt that you were “rushed” out of the barn. We didn’t turn on the track lightning until the time noted in the contract. You had plenty of time to clear the tables and un-decorate as then you had to wait for someone to go to Harrisonburg to get a ladder and wait for a person to arrive who could drive the truck with the kegs. We always schedule help to start tearing down chairs 30 minutes after an event ends. I spent as much time with your mother doing the “walkthrough” as I do all other individuals. This is strictly a walkthrough to see if anything was forgotten and needed to be put in one of the remaining vehicles not a determination of your damage deposit refund. Since you did not provide a transportation service for your guest, we assume everyone is getting in a vehicle to go to their destination. We have no way of determining if they are the driver or a passenger. We are also concerned about an intoxicated person’s safety while on the grounds of our venue. They need to be stable enough to go down the steps and make it to their vehicle. The incident where we lost our patience with a guest was due to the intoxicated guest trying to climb a 100 year old ladder, which is part of the barn structure, to take down your draping. We asked him not to climb the ladder and as soon as we turn our backs to walk away, he tried it again. Unfortunately, we can’t have tolerance for those kinds of actions due to liability. Climbing the old ladder is unsafe for anyone to attempt and that is the reason we ask everyone to bring their own ladder. You are correct in stating that there is always room for improvement as I don’t feel anyone is perfect and I strive to make improvements daily! Once again, thank you for your comments. Hope you and Tyler have many years of love and happiness together.

Karima & Crystal · Married on 08/11/2018

3.6
      2.0

Karen was helpful throughout wedding planning. When it came to the day of she stressed me out more than anyone. She was all in my face and asked so many questions. When we already had to fill out a day of sheet and give her so many details ahead of time. She was not willing to give me time to see if I wanted to get married outside or inside. Due to the slight rain fall. I was offered to use pews and barrels. Karen told us no we could not use the pews at the last minute due to rain. When they played a big part in honoring my grandmother. They ate my cupcakes, helped themselves to my ice cream truck and drinks. When my contract stated feed two people a plate of food. But their helpers was eating as well. It is a lot of underlining rules. Please read contract before you say yes. Their is no ac for your guest. My guest had to stay outside for fresh air. But the view is to die for.

Sent on 09/23/2018

Cross Keys Barn LLC's reply:

Karima & Crystal,
    Thank you for taking time to review Cross Keys Barn. I apologize for stressing you out the day of your wedding. I always recommend hiring a wedding coordinator so we can avoid asking you questions that arise throughout your event and the coordinator can make decision based on your wishes. It was thirty minutes before the ceremony was to start and you still had not made a decision as to where you wanted the ceremony to take place – inside or outside, although that morning we had set the chairs up outside per your wishes. Please look at the pictures of your ceremony and see that we did put the wine barrels at the back of the chairs as you requested. There was a heavy mist of rain 30 minutes before your ceremony. We are unable to put the antique wooden items out in the rain due to the damage the moisture would cause. We placed the church pews with your pictures in the stone room area so the pictures would also not get ruined by the rain. When speaking with the gentlemen that provided the ice cream during your cocktail hour, he was telling us about the procedure to make the ice cream and insisted we try some. Our contract states that we require 2 catered meals since we remain on site for the duration of your event. We considered the cocktail and dessert items as courses in the meal. We always make sure that everyone has been served before we eat any food. If I remember correctly, you had several dozen cupcakes left so I don’t think anyone did without dessert due to us eating 2 cupcakes. If you would like to contact the vendor of the ice cream and cupcakes to see how much the 2 scoops of ice cream and the 2 cupcakes cost, I will be happy to reimburse you for those items. I state in the initial information that I send to potential brides that the main part of the barn does not have AC and I reiterate this during the tour. Your wedding took place on a very hot and humid day in August and I have no control of the weather. I hope everyone reads the contract before signing as I give all couples a week to look over the documents. We also love the view of the mountains and hope all of your guests enjoyed the view while getting fresh air. Wishing both of you many years of love and happiness!