Cross Keys Barn LLC Reviews

34 | Harrisonburg, VA

34 Reviews for Cross Keys Barn LLC

34 Cross Keys Barn LLC Reviews

Karen · Married on 09/22/2018

Karen and Tim are two of the nicest people you will ever meet! The venue was perfect, and our wedding was truly a dream come true. The backdrop of the mountain was beautiful. The dance floor was huge and our guests danced all night long. It was all perfect, and we are so happy that they were part of our best day ever!

Cross Keys Barn LLC 1
    Cross Keys Barn LLC 8
    Cross Keys Barn LLC 9
    Cross Keys Barn LLC 10

Abigail · Married on 09/08/2018

Karen was a joy to work with from the very first day up to the wedding day! Once you decide to book with her she sends you this package with all her recommendations with vendors that she's worked with in the past. She definitely gives you everything you need to get your wedding planning started. If ever you have questions she is an email or phone call away.

The venue itself is so gorgeous. The views on this property is amazing. Although it did rain during our wedding day, the inside of the barn was still set up to have a beautiful ceremony. This barn is already set up with Christmas lights which is all you need to make this place perfect for your wedding. They also have an onsite bridal suite which has AC and was where all my bridesmaid and myself got ready. Definitely recommend this place for any bride!

Kelly · Married on 09/02/2018

Karen and Tim are amazing. They are so patient and helpful and make sure that your day is absolutely perfect. We are so glad we chose to work with them. They are the sweetest. Everyone said our wedding looked like it was a wedding from Pinterest! Thank you so much for everything, Karen and Tim!

Cross Keys Barn LLC 11
    Cross Keys Barn LLC 12

Hunter · Married on 07/07/2018

Karen and her family made our wedding the most magical day of our lives!! Everything about the venue was perfect, from the amazing scenery out back to the breathtaking lights all over the reception area. Karen was also extremely helpful in helping us plan for the wedding, supplying us with a list of recommended vendors (which were all spectacular), and answering any and all questions we had extremely quickly and perfectly. Every detail about the venue and owners made for an amazing wedding that will be remembered forever!

Cross Keys Barn LLC 13
    Cross Keys Barn LLC 14
    Cross Keys Barn LLC 15

Sara · Married on 06/16/2018

Karen and her husband are beyond amazing. I was an out of state bride, and Karen worked closely with my family to ensure all went well. She allowed me to visit the venue whenever I came home, and she helped answer all questions with no hesitation. Karen is very organized, which in turn helped me know that everything was being taken care of in a timely manor. Karen took many photos of my special day and sent them all over to me, which is so special because she caught many moments beautifully! I cannot say thank you enough to the Liskeys for making my dream into a reality.

Tori · Married on 05/26/2018

They were amazing! The venue is perfect! Karen and her husband were so kind and beyond helpful! They thought of everything when it comes to the venue it self! They stayed all day and helped with so much! Would definitely recommend!

Dawn · Married on 05/25/2018

When my son and his fiancé announced they wanted a rustic “after rehearsal “ meal with a food truck I immediately thought of the “Cross Keys Barn “! I was able to rent the “Stone Room” for this event! The setting was perfect and the facility accommodated all of our needs! From our 1st meeting to the last we could not have been any more pleased with our choice! The Barn and property is beautiful and meticulously well kept! Karen was extremely supportive, full of ideas and extremely well organized. On the day of our event, the tables were set up as planned and fire pit ready for our s’mores after we ate! I would highly recommend this venue for your wedding or celebration! Thanks Karen and Tim for the wonderful memories made that night!!

Kaitlin · Married on 04/28/2018

Karen and Tim at Cross Keys Barn were so wonderful to work with! From the moment my fiance (now husband!) and I toured the barn, we knew we wanted to get married there! Karen was always prompt, professional, and helpful in her email correspondences and interactions. The barn is stunning and beautiful, and you can clearly see that it is perfectly maintained. The view is absolutely gorgeous with the mountains in the background! I was so impressed with Karen's insight and knowledge regarding our wedding and the setup. She truly went above and beyond to make us a priority! I cannot recommend Cross Keys Barn enough as the best venue around! Thank you for providing the perfect place for our rehearsal and wedding day!

• Kallie

Kallie · Married on 11/04/2017

Cross Keys Barn was the first and only venue we looked at, we knew right away that it was the perfect place for our November wedding. With the beautiful lights and wooden beams of the barn and the mountains off in the background, you really couldn't ask for a more gorgeous place to get married. Karen and Tim were very professional, always willing to answer any questions we had, and really just amazing to work with. They were especially great when we had a last minute change and had to move everything inside because the weather decided not to cooperate. We had comments from guests all night about how we had chosen an absolutely beautiful venue! I'd highly recommend Cross Keys Barn to anyone looking to get married in the Harrisonburg area!

Alina · Married on 10/28/2017

Our daughter Kristina got married on the lawn of Cross Keys Barn on Oct. 28, 2017. They later had their reception at the Barn. It is a lovely venue, with the barn being the best one that we visited (and we had visited a lot of venues). The owners have it all extremely well-built, and decorated with little golden lights that make the place look absolutely magical! They have white tables and chairs inside, as well as for the ceremony outside. They have a large deck overlooking the beautiful Shenandoah valley. The barn’s huge yard is very clean and used only for events. They also have a kitchen, indoor ladies and gents’ nicely appointed/decorated restrooms, as well as a huge bridal attendants’ room in which to get ready, and a smaller room for the groom and groom’s men. Although Cross Keys Barn is a rustic type of venue, it has all the necessary things that we wanted. It was the most complete package that we found, and the rental price was a reasonable one. The owners are a lovely couple who made sure that every detail was taken care of. They also provided lists and/or referrals of local vendors with whom they have had good experience. This was very helpful to us because we were not familiar with the Harrisonburg, Va area. We were so happy to have found this gem of a venue and the sweet, wonderful family who runs it. Our daughter had a lovely rustic-style, autumn wedding that she always wanted! Our gratitude and compliments to Karen and Tim for helping us achieve this. <3

Kristina · Married on 10/28/2017

Where do I even begin? My Parents and I looked at MANY barn/farm venues and who knew 2.5 hours away from us(in Maryland) was where we would choose. We chose Cross Keys Barn because of the GORGEOUS hand built barn, beautiful and well kept grounds, twinkling lights, amenities, flexibility, and of course The Liskey Family who own and run it!! Karen is very responsive, warm, open to giving advice, and really knows how to handle an event.
    We loved the fact that we had the barn all day (9-11 for music /12 for cleanup) for the wedding, The Liskeys had tables, chairs, wine barrels, and much more that came with the rental, the barn had indoor restrooms for guests, huge bridal suite, and if there wasn’t another wedding on the Friday before ours then we could set up which did work out!
    Karen often checked in to make sure we had the right documents and payments in on time, that the vendors were ready and liscenced properly, and that we had a good layout and run of show.
    The day of the wedding, she checked in but left us to our own as to not bother us. During the wedding, she took photos which was a beautiful surprise to us. She even caught the Father/Daughter first looks which was so special!! She and her Husband, Tim, ensured everything was perfect the day of. The attention to detail and care they put into their farm really shows and so many of my guests have raves about what a warm and inviting venue it was!!
    After the wedding, without prompting, we received our damage deposit within a few days of the wedding.
    I HIGHLY recommend Cross Keys Barn for your wedding/celebration venue!!! You won’t regret it!!

Cross Keys Barn LLC 16
    Cross Keys Barn LLC 21
    Cross Keys Barn LLC 22
    Cross Keys Barn LLC 23

Kelly · Married on 10/07/2017

My daughter Megan was married at Cross Keys Barn on 10/7/17. The barn is absolutely beautiful. We knew the first time we visited it was the venue for her wedding. Karen and Tim are great to work with and gave us so much good advice. We used her recommendations for DJ, florist, catering, baker and photo booth. We loved each and everyone. I would highly recommend Cross Keys Barn. They are affordable and located in a beautiful setting.

Cross Keys Barn LLC 24
    Cross Keys Barn LLC 25
    Cross Keys Barn LLC 26
    Cross Keys Barn LLC 27
    Cross Keys Barn LLC 28
    Cross Keys Barn LLC 29

Brittany · Married on 10/01/2017

The venue is stunning. It was everything we wanted and more! Karen is so incredibly helpful and was quick to respond to every email my dad and I sent her. She gave us ideas and worked so well with us to make our day perfect. We were able to visit the barn as many times throughout the year to prepare for our wedding. The bridal suite was beautiful and they allow you to take their golf cart around the farm with your photographer to capture the most amazing pictures which was so neat. Can’t thank them enough for their hospitality and kindness! The barn and views were perfect for our fall rustic themed wedding!!

Christie · Married on 05/07/2017

Our daughter's wedding was held there. Perfect venue. Everything she wanted. The venue is spotless. Karen and Tim will go out of their way to help you make the day perfect. Ceremony facing the mountain is breathtaking. Make sure you get your insurance from vendors in place well in advance.

Amy · Married on 04/29/2017

Our wedding was perfect! Karen and Tim are amazing to work with, providing ideas and tips and pointers that really helped our event to be flawless! The venue is beautiful and the view is breathtaking! The only thing we wish was different was if there could be AC in the barn, our wedding was a bit warm that day, but cooled off in the evening. So happy we chose Cross Keys Barn and highly recommend it!!

Carol · Married on 03/18/2017

When you tour this facility and meet the owners, you will understand why I rated them a BIG 5! My daughter had her wedding there. We were so pleased with how easy the owners were to work with and their many suggestions to make sure our event was successful. Her ceremony was outside and they appeared with their golf cart to shuttle our elderly relatives around and the bridal party for pictures on their beautiful property, which I didn't expect. They were present the entire time for our event, which was a real comfort to us. Thank-you Mr. and Mrs. Liskey for a wonderful experience.

Evonne · Married on 10/01/2016

I would recommend Cross Keys to anyone looking to have a wonderful event. The scenery is amazing and the barn roomy but still full of character. The bridal room has great lighting and lots of room and was filled with little baskets of emergency amenities. Those little touches helped make the day feel special. Karen was professional from beginning to end and when I left my favorite sweater there, she even mailed it to me at no charge! She treated me like so much more than a client. I will definitely be recommending Cross Keys to my friends.

Meghan · Married on 05/29/2016

Such a beautiful venue, with such a responsive owner. If anyone is looking for a wedding venue (or any kind of party venue) in the area, this is, without a doubt, the best one around! Breathtaking views, a perfect bridal suite, expansive reception area, and a cocktail terrace to finish it off. The best decision we made with our entire wedding was choosing Cross Keys Barn as the venue.

Adrian · Married on 05/14/2016

This is the perfect venue for any couple, wedding or event! The views are breathtaking and the family will make you feel more than at home on your special day! More than perfect experience and the most beautiful barn we've ever been in!

Christy · Married on 04/02/2016

I would recommend Cross Keys Barn to any couple planning their big day! The Liskey's were WONDERFUL to work with and helped make our vision a reality by sharing great ideas and suggestions! The views are just stunning and make for gorgeous pictures to treasure forever! It's a unique venue with amazing character and modern amenities to make for an amazing venue! Our wedding guests were blown away by the beauty of Cross Keys Barn! I would highly recommend this venue!!

Mary Kay · Married on 08/22/2015

The March Lawrence wedding was held at this superb venue. The wedding couple was married at this pastoral setting with a panoramic view of historic Virginia Mountains as their background scene. The barn provided a festive atmosphere. The renovated wood floors, the high ceiling and large wooden beams enhanced this experience. The back deck and area underneath provided congenial places to congregate, enjoy and celebrate this blissful day.
    Thank you Karen and Tim for the fantastic logistic support you provided to ensure the success of our son and daughter in law's beautiful wedding day.
    Mary Kay and David Lawrence

Working with the Liskey family was a pleasure! They put so much time and energy into building a beautiful wedding venue and it was perfect for our big day. They were accomodating, helpful, resourceful, friendly, easy going and wonderful to work with! We had 200+ guests fit comfortably into the venue, leaving plenty of room for a dance floor. We loved using the downstairs space for a cocktail hour where the space provides shade and coverage on a hot summer evening. We also enjoyed using the outside deck space for high tops and our bar. Our guests spent a lot of their time on the deck. The view is amazing. I come from an incredibly detail oriented family and Cross Keys barn accommodated our every need. I would highly reccomend this venue!

This is a lovely, spacious old barn of wood and stone that has been updated with beautiful lighting, a great dance floor and rooms for both the bride and groom. The view from the deck is stunning and the spacious green space beyond provides a large area for guests to wander or play games. The Liskeys are delightful to work with and make every effort to ensure your event is what you wish it to be. They are considerate, professional and caring. I would definitely recommend Cross Keys Barn.

Kahla · Married on 09/17/2016

Cross Keys Barn made our dreams come true with this venue!! It was amazing! The lights are beautiful throughout the barn and make it very easy to decorate simply! They take care of so much and are very helpful throughout the entire process, from the day you first visit, until the days after your wedding is complete! I highly recommend using this venue!!

Kelsey · Married on 09/04/2016

We recently had our wedding at Cross Keys and it was perfect! Karen and Tim are wonderful people and were willing to jump into action when there was a mini crisis with dinner. The views are beautiful, the multiple spaces available worked perfectly for our cocktail hour then dinner reception, and the barn looks magnificent with the lights on! Your pictures will be brilliant! They have so many items on-site for your use such as wine barrels and fire pits and we LOVED not having to rent our tables and chairs. One other hue bonus is the brida suite. My bridesmaids and I loved being able to relax on site, steps away from where everything was happening! We got to witness the barn transform into my dream wedding. A+++