141 Reviews for Critical Entertainment Disc Jockeys

Microphones (2)
Uplighting (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
Photobooth (1)

We used Mike from Critical Entertainment for our wedding in May of 16 it was a no brainer when we were planing to have a birthday party in This past weekend for my mother in law that we use them again. Mike and Dj Daniel came and had everyone up and dancing once again. They are good at what they do mixing music for all ages to enjoy. Dj Daniel did great with any request we asked For , also coordinating the cutting of the cake with the venue very professional hands down best DJ in CT !

Profile Picture Andrew, 9/15/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mike and his team was great. Cory our photographer went above and beyond what we could have imagine our day to be. We were so happy and grateful that we chose the Critical Entertainment crew.

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/7/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones

Critical Entertainment is truly professional. My sister's wedding was beautiful thanks to Mike! From the uplighting to the music it was a magnificent night! Two families became one on the dancefloor. My relatives still can't believe how much they danced. Look no further and call Critical Entertainment.

Photo for Critical Entertainment Disc Jockeys Review - Audrey & Rainer
Profile Picture Stephanie , 8/26/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Wedding Planning

We're so happy we hired Mike to DJ our wedding earlier this month! It was kind of last minute (our first DJ ghosted us), and we were afraid we would have a silent wedding! We definitely did not. Mike played all the music that we requested and more. The music was enjoyed by our guests of all ages, and he even led some really fun dances. Everyone was having a great time! Not only did he play great music, but he did a great job keeping the night running smoothly while announcing our dances and toasts. He also did an excellent job with the music during our ceremony. We would definitely recommend Critical Entertainment to our friends!

Profile Picture Lydia, 6/1/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Best of the best. I recently hired Critical Entertainment to handle my large outdoor wedding in September and it turned out to be the best decision I made, hands down. Mike Festa handled everything. He is a true professional and goes well above and beyond because it is clear that he genuinely cares. He is not just going through the motions. He knew where key people were sitting and had eyes on them. He helped with timing of the day- he was the architect of the event. The wedding was smooth as can be and it was because of him. This is a high class company and his staffing are experienced, friendly and respectful. Don't think twice- hire critical entertainment.

Profile Picture Brian, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mike and his crew did a great job with keeping the crowd dancing and the energy high! He did great with sticking with the timeline the whole night to keep everything running smoothly! In terms of the song selections, he played a great mix of oldies and contemporary music to keep all ages happy and on the floor dancing. We also went with the uplighting feature which looked great in the venue! I would highly recommend Critical Entertainment for your upcoming wedding!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dan the DJ was AWESOME!!! We had a Sweet Sixteen party for my daughter. Dan played a blend of music that kept the young and older:) up on their feet. So many of the guests asked me who the DJ was and that he did an awesome job!! We also had the photo booth.. They were also great!! So much fun:) also used by the young and the older crowd!! Worth every penny!!! Will definitely be calling Critical Entertainment for my next big event!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Photobooth, Uplighting

These guys are very energetic and certainly keep the party moving. Their selection of music is fantastic and overall I think that they are great for a crowd that has a mix of ages. As a guest at the wedding, I can say that the music was some of the best among the weddings we have attended.

Profile Picture Leona, 2/25/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We haf a wonderful time and our guests had so much fun!

Profile Picture Elisabete, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mike was great to work with. Very understanding of what I was needing and the day of the wedding took care of getting everything moving smoothly and making sure the guests were up and dancing. I would recommend working with them on any event you need.

Profile Picture Tia, 4/22/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

This company listened to what we wanted and honestly took interest in providing the environment we envisioned. When a request was made that was outside of the norm, they listened, gave advice, asked questions and ultimately left the decision up to us as to how to proceed.

They were responsive, professional and provided various means of communication to ensure all details were obtained. They have a website but also use email and text according to your preference.

The owner is incredibly nice and knows his stuff. He assisted, guided and was completely on the ball.

Additionally, the DJ was remarkable! He played exactly what was requested. Changed it up when needed according to our guidelines we outlined and above all was kind.

The employees are genuine and caring. What more can you ask for?

Profile Picture Leslie, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Critical Entertainment was awesome they played all our requests and kept the dance floor packed all night. The Photo Booth and Uplighting was outstanding. I couldn't ask for a better service.

Profile Picture Lisa, 9/13/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had Jim/James for our DJ/MC. He was awesome! He made the nigh seamless and worked well with the vendors for our wedding. We knew we were going to use Critical after the first time talking with them. They took over our computer and went through the whole wedding ceremony and reception with us and also showed us how to add/pick any songs we want to be played on the dance floor and other songs (walk in music, ceremony music, etc). The website is very user friendly. I would absolutely book Critical for anything DJ related. You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Isabella, 8/22/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Very good. Was able to keep my guests' energy level high. Butted heads with my photographer a bit, but all in all, I'd use the company again.

Profile Picture User5304403, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Unique Services (Other)

I don't know where to begin! We had an AWESOME wedding and I was completely calm through the entire year of planning, and I have my Dj to thank for that. Yes my DJ! He knows weddings! He guided me through every step from the ceremony to the reception, Mike (the Dj/owner) was amazing! Mike took care of everything and because of that I was able to relax and not stress so much. The Djs went above and beyond anything we could have expected! We are still getting text from friends and family about what an awesome wedding it was and how much fun guests had. Mike was the only vendor who through out the year took the time to stay in touch. He got to know us on a personal level so that he knew exactly the kind of music that we wanted at our wedding. He guided us through all the important events at the wedding (cake cutting,bouquet toss, ex) to make sure we were comfortable with what was about to happen and made sure our photographer was there to capture the moment.Everything is expensive when it comes to weddings. Critical Entertainment was reasonably priced compared to other vendors that I looked at and they offered more services then other Djs. He took pictures and video through out the wedding and posted them on youtube and facebook for us to enjoy until we get to see the ones from the photographers. This was awesome!

These memories will last a lifetime thanks to the awesome party the Djs helped us throw! Mike is such a genuine person! He stayed true to his word about everything before and after contracts were signed. This is very rare in the wedding world! Thank you so much Mike for everything you did to help make our day as wonderful as it was!

I did so much research on Djs, after 3 wedding expose, 15 calls to different vendors of Djs I can say with 100% satisfaction that Critical Entertainment is the right and only choice for weddings!

Profile Picture Christy, 7/16/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mike was awesome! He showed everyone how to do line dances so people could join in, he checked in with us all night to see how everything was going, made arrangements for a last-minute toast my maid of honor wanted to make -all around really great guy. He was easy to work with, and made great suggestions that really helped make our wedding awesome. He even got a few pictures from the ceremony, first dance and cake cutting for us. I really just can't say thank you enough!

Profile Picture Victoria, 7/10/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mike was so helpful with the timeline and explained exactly how things would run from the ceremony music to the reception music. He is very detailed. And I was so happy when I received a few emails from him with some video footage of the walking into the ceremony with my parents and myself. I would highly recommend him!

Profile Picture carissa, 5/30/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mike form Critical Entertainment ran our wedding flawlessly. Everyone had a wonderful time and the dance floor was always full. I would recommend him and Critical Entertainment to any bride and groom as well as anybody who is throwing a party who needs a top class DJ. Thanks!

Profile Picture Omid, 11/8/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I was so happy that we chose Mike to be the DJ at our wedding! He was awesome and great to work with. The uplighting and floor monogram came out perfect and the guests could not stop talking about them. Mike constantly kept the party going. He created a perfect fusion between Persian and American music. The dance floor was packed all night and our guests had so much fun! The online system that he used was so easy to work with and was very convenient. I would highly recommend Critical Entertainment to anyone I know for any event! They are the best!

Profile Picture User4573685, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Critical Entertainment and Mike Festa were great. In planning a same sex wedding I found that you never know how your vendors are going to react. Mike was great though, very professional, fun and down to earth. He was easy to work with and I loved that we were able to do most planning and interaction online and through email. It made it very convenient. Mike made our day great and walked us through everything. I would definitely recommend Mike and Critical Entertainment.

Profile Picture Jeffrey, 10/25/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mike was a pnemonal DJ. He worked with us from day 1 of planning to ensure we were satisfied with everything. He even was able to manage my crazy requests and not so traditional way of doing things. He made our night amazing. Mike we cannot thank you enough for adding the perfect touchvtobour wedding.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 10/18/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Both men did an amazing job! The crowd loved them!

Profile Picture Amy, 10/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mike was the BEST, All the guests had such a Wonderful time. The music was exactly what we were wanting. He listened to us and selected songs that everyone could dance to. Mike added so much to the night. Several people wanted to know where we found him. Best night ever. Thank you so much.

Profile Picture Katie, 10/11/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had an amazing time. People were up and dancing the whole night!

Profile Picture Cheryl, 10/4/14, 1 Review