Creative Confections Reviews

54 Reviews for Creative Confections

• Heather

Heather Barnao · Getting married on 08/09/2020

Too Good to Eat!

Jennifer at Creative Confections designed a cake that looked and tasted better than I could have imagined! She was so flexible and communicative throughout the process, and helpful when I could not choose between two different designs. I gave her an idea of what I was looking for and she completely nailed it. She made an elegant three tiered white & grey marble fondant cake with painted on gold accents. It matched my theme perfectly. The cake flavor was almond with cannoli filling- which my Italian family loved. All my guests raved about how delicious her home made fondant and decadent cake was! My family has, and will continue to use Jen and her bakery for all of our special events. She always delivers a beautiful, delicious product.

Sent on 11/02/2019

Betsy Nevenglosky · Married on 10/18/2019

beautiful AND delicious

We were getting married in Paterson and so we needed to search for bakeries in the area. We got so lucky when we found this gem! Not only did we want a wedding cake but we didn't want to limit the dessert options, so we planned on a dessert buffet as well. Jennifer is wonderful. She took our ideas and ran with them, making us the most delicious wedding cake, that people are still raving about AND an array of tasty pastries too! Customizing the flavors for our fall themed menu and expertly crafting the most visually appealing and wonderfully tasting treats you can imagine. The cake was also so amazing, I ordered 2 more for the holidays and Jennifer was so accommodating to get it ready for us in time during an already crazy time of year. We cannot thank them enough in helping to make our day a dream.

Sent on 12/03/2019
  • I

Ivy Lau · Married on 10/12/2019

Cake that looks and tastes good!

We talked to a few bakeries and decided to go with Jennifer. Pricing was very competitive and the cake turned out exactly how we imagined! During the planning process, Jennifer was very patient with us and worked with us on the cake design. The cake was delicious and guests couldn’t get more of it :)

Sent on 10/27/2019
  • Y

Y · Married on 08/10/2019

Amazing! Everything was perfect.

Everything was perfect. Jennifer and her daughter were so sweet and helpful. They made sure everything was perfect for my big day. The cake was so beautiful and is now my favorite flavor. I will pass by occasionally to order more of your white almond cupcakes. :) Thanks again.

Sent on 08/17/2019

Creative Confections's reply:

Thank you so much! We are thrilled that you loved your cake. Congratulations on your marriage and we wish you much happiness! Looking forward to working with you again soon!

Kayla Zimmer · Married on 05/18/2019

Jennifer was incredible!

From the very beginning Jennifer was so welcoming and friendly. As the weeks got closer to my wedding, she was readily available to answer questions. She even went out of her way to buy flowers for my cake to match my bouquet which was wildflowers. I gave her a picture to work from and she just exceeding my expectations. A wedding can be so stressful and she really took the stress off my shoulders and did an amazing job. I will definitely be using her for future cakes! Jennifer, thank you!!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Chris Busone · Married on 04/27/2019

Beautiful and delicious!

The white almond cake was SO delicious and perfect!

Sent on 05/14/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha Evans · Married on 04/26/2019

Amazing Cake!

Creative Confections made our baseball themed wedding cake and it looked AND tasted amazing! All of our guests loved it. Jennifer and her daughter were super helpful and responsive during our planning phase. I sent them a photo of the cake I wanted and the cake they made for us actually wound up looking even better than the cake in the photo! They also delivered the cake to our venue which helped us a lot on our wedding day! Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/08/2019
  • Maria

maria moore · Married on 03/30/2019

Exactly what we wanted

Jennifer did the cake for our vow renewal. It was beautiful and delicious! Everyone loved the cake. She was very accommodating in terms of what we wanted (flavors and look). We will definitely use her again.

Sent on 04/23/2019
  • Veronica

Veronica · Married on 01/26/2019

Creative Confections - Looked like art, but tasted even better!

Creative Confections was contacted after my wedding planner (shout out to "Anandina & Slick Little Bride Co" wedding planning) told me that guests for a previous wedding she had planned, said it was THE BEST cake they’d ever tasted. Jennifer was a dream to work with from the very beginning! I was having difficulties lining up a time to come for a tasting with my (then) fiancé due to our differing work schedules, so she arranged a take home box of a bunch of different flavors for us to try-AMAZING!

EVERYTHING was delicious, but we decided to play it universally safe with a vanilla cake. However, my fiancé—who doesn’t eat chocolate—could not stop raving about the Devil’s Food cake. So I spoke to Jennifer about the possibility of some truffles to go on our “sweets” table. Additionally, my guiltiest pleasure has always been Little Debbie Zebra cakes. It wasn’t something she’d done before, but Jennifer agreed to make my vision come true.

Fast forward to the Big Day:
    Our cake was a gorgeous white 3 tiered round cake, with silver dripped icing topping each layer, and beautifully accented with succulents and flowers. And my white “zebra cakes” with the light pink drizzle (to keep with the color scheme of my sweets table) put Little Debbie to shame!!

A very special THANK YOU to Jennifer and everyone at Creative Confections for making our confectionary dreams come true! Your experience, professionalism, competitive pricing, friendliness, vision and culinary skills are truly unmatched. God willing, you’ll be making our baby shower cake in the near future!

In short:
    Not only did my cake look like a masterpiece of art, it tasted even better!

Sent on 02/14/2019

Harpriya · Married on 01/20/2019

Wedding cake & desserts

Creative confections made our wedding day so special. Jennifer was quick to respond to all of our questions. We needed eggless and nut free desserts/ wedding cake and she was able to make exactly what we needed. Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful and our dessert bar had everyone coming back for seconds. She also made our wedding favors which exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 01/28/2019
  • O

Ozair Rizvi · Married on 01/12/2019

Great experience!

We loved our cake! It tasted amazing, better than any red velvet wedding cake I’ve had. Jen was very responsive, easy to communicate with, and did everything according to our liking and specification. Have very genuine advise and really worked with us on creating the perfect wedding cake.

Sent on 01/29/2019
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Macphee · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing and inventive cake. Like no other!!

Jennifer and Larissa are awesome. We mentioned we wanted a Lighthouse theme, as we were engaged at a lighthouse, and that we wanted it to be red velvet cake. Instead of being even remotely fazed, Jennifer sat down and started her designs. The cake was beyond delicious and it looked just like "our" lighthouse. People are still talking about how amazing it was. Thank you so much, ladies, for really making our day super special and truly original!!!!

Sent on 02/07/2019

Emily · Married on 06/09/2018

Jennifer was a pleasure to work with from our first meeting. After an initial meeting with a bakery that seems to make wedding cakes like a factory, we found Creative Confections and they couldn’t be more different. Jennifer took the time to understand what we were looking for and her and her daughter did not disappoint. The cake was delicious, beautiful and exactly what I wanted. The guests all talked about how amazing the cake was! I couldn’t recommend Creative Confections enough and are so grateful that we found them to make our wedding cake!

Sent on 07/03/2018

Monica · Married on 05/12/2018

Jennifer made a one-of-a kind cake for our son and daugher-in-law's wedding celebration. I sent her photos, spoke with her about some of their favorite things/activities, and she created a work of art. She was wonderful to work with - lovely lovely person. EVERYONE at the reception party was talking about the cake, and many people asked for her contact info. She truly creates one of a kind cakes. It happened to also be the absolute BEST chocolate cake we have ever had. There is no one like her. If you want something truly special, Creative Confections is the ONLY place to consider.

Sent on 07/21/2018

Kate · Married on 04/20/2018

A-MAZING! Our communication was clear, simple and -- believe it or not -- fun! I looked forward to exchanging emails with Jennifer because I felt like we were on the same wavelength from the start. The cake-tasting with my fiance was great. We knew what we wanted design-wise but weren't sure about the cake flavor. Jennifer came out with a few examples and we went with EVERYTHING she brought out. Why not? It's my day, dangit. Jennifer took notes + made great suggestions and totally followed through on our vision. It was very simple but the cake perfectly matched our theme right down to the color of the ribbon. Couldn't be more delighted. I can't wait to work with this bakery for our next event/adventure!

Sent on 05/20/2018
  • shirin

shirin · Married on 01/12/2018

Jennifer Duran of Creative Confections

When i was planning my wedding, everyone told me “no one cares about the cake...it’s just for photos...it never gets eaten”. Well, let me just say, not only was the entire cake devoured... but people were fighting over it during the after-party!
    I have never taksted anything like it in my life. And Jennifer made the whole experience wonderful. Perfect combination of professional and loving. It felt like she was making her daughter’s wedding cake... so special. She even incorporated my Persian culture into the design. My guests are still talking about it and Jeff and I are going to celebrate every anniversary with a cake from her :). I will post a warning however, the beauty and unreal flavor of the cake just might upstage other aspects of your wedding ;). First, if you read this review, don’t bother looking anywhere else... contact Jennifer and you’ll see. Second, this woman is an incredible culinary and visual artist... ask for her input and advice.... you will end up with a cake that will go beyond your expectations.

Sent on 01/27/2019

Paula · Married on 11/18/2017

Omg...I don't know where 2 begin....I was so blessed by Jennifer. I could almost fast the love in the masterpiece ahe created for me. it was moist, delicious and beautiful; almost wish we didn't have 2 cut it. THANK U. I did not regret one moment of working with her. She calmed my fears, answered my last night emails. She is a gem

Sent on 11/27/2017

Marcia · Married on 11/03/2017

Our cake was amazing! I am Very happy with the way our wedding cake came out and to work with Jennifer was a pleasure. She was so friendly and flexible on cake tasting times, which made the process so easy. She was open and receptive to all of my ideas and even drew some sketches so I could visualize how the cake would look. When I saw it, it was even more gorgeous than I could imagine! It was beautiful! It was elegant and even went with my gold pineapple theme (she really made a gold pineapple on top for me!) Not to mention, all of her cakes taste amazing! I know our guests were happy as well. I would absolutely recommend Creative Confections Cafe to friends, family...everyone. I was very happy and I think you will be too.

Sent on 07/16/2017

Libda · Married on 08/27/2017

Our experience with with Jennifer was no hassle at all. She was very easy to work with. We knew what we wanted and everything was done to our expectations. Most of all, the cake was beautiful and delicious. Everyone at the wedding raved about. Creative Creations met our expectations in every way.

Sent on 09/12/2017

Jaynah · Married on 08/12/2017

Jennifer of Creative Confections is extremely talented! We ordered two flavors of cupcakes for our wedding (coconut pineapple; lemon raspberry). Both flavors were delicious, but the coconut pineapple was the best thing I have ever tasted! Besides being delicious, the cupcakes were beautifully frosted to look like flowers. We had a six inch cake on top of our cupcake stand, and it was incredibly beautiful. Jennifer was an absolute pleasure to work with. She perfectly executed our wedding cake vision, and she was pleasant and professional every step of the way. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/19/2017
  • W

william · Married on 07/09/2017

Jennifer designed the perfect wedding cake for us! It was perfect because it was beautiful and delicious! (Please see the cake photos below). We highly recommend Jennifer, Creative Confections. She's creative and very passionate about her work. A great person to work with.

Sent on 10/04/2017

Joseph F · Married on 03/05/2017

The team over at Creative Confections was an absolute pleasure to work with. We had sample cakes, a couple of face to face meetings, and a few phone calls. The day of the wedding with all of the fuss going on I turned my head and all of a sudden there was a gorgeous (and delicious) cake set up. We couldn't of asked for more. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Jennifer · Married on 09/30/2016

I want to personally thank Creative Confections for their beautiful cake. Their customer service was excellent and I received a lot of compliments on my wedding cake!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Tammy · Married on 09/25/2016

Jennifer made the most beautiful rustic cake for me and even made my toppers out of pine cones exactly the way I had asked!! It was picture perfect. I didn't have much time and came to her three weeks out before our wedding. She was extremely understanding and made everything so easy. She knew exactly what I wanted and I felt at ease. Her cake was beyond amazing and was so delicious!! I couldn't have asked for a better cake for our wedding.

Sent on 09/30/2016

We LOVED LOVED LOVED our wedding cake from Jennifer at Creative Confections! It was as beautiful as it was delicious and exactly what we wanted! Jennifer brought our vision to life and made it even more amazing! We told her we wanted to capture the flavor of fall and she made us 2 flavors to sample, maple bacon bourbon and cinnamon caramel apple. Both were amazing, but we ultimately decided on cinnamon caramel apple and it did not disappoint! We had so many compliments on the amazing cake all night, a lot from people who claimed to "not usually like cake or dessert". We tried a few other bakeries before deciding on Creative Confections and it was a no brainer! Some of the other bakeries actually made us sick and were no where near the quality of the cake at Creative Confections. Our cake was worth every penny and I can't wait to have Jennifer make us another cake for our anniversary next year! She was so much fun to work with and made the whole experience wonderful and easy! Thank you, Jennifer!

Sent on 09/28/2016