14 Reviews for Creative Ceremonies

Non-religious (1)
No Denomination (1)
14 Creative Ceremonies Reviews

We loved working with Janis! She helped us create a ceremony that was full of meaning and tradition without religious language which was a perfect fit for us. Many guests told us how moved they were by her touching advice after the ceremony. She was wonderful!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 8/25/18, 1 Review
Services Used: No Denomination, Non-religious

Janis was very professional and insightful. The ceremony she officiated for my new wife and I was wonderful.

Profile Picture Gregory, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Janis is a consummate professional. From beginning to end, she made us feel welcome and comfortable. She spent the time needed with us to really get to know us as a couple - which made our ceremony so much more special and custom - just for us. The personal touch really stood out to us, and we'd HIGHLY recommend her services to just about anyone. Truly a special day! My only recommend might be to use WeddingWire...but that's it. Thank you, Janis!

Profile Picture Travis, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Janis made the entire experience comfortable and built trust with us from day one. She is straight forward and tells you how she likes to do ceremonies and also acknowledges that at the end of the day, it is about you and your spouse to be. She takes care to make the ceremony and its components personalized and special. We couldn't have asked to find a better officiant, I couldn't imagine our wedding without her!

Profile Picture Gabe, 10/11/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Janis was extremely helpful and hand-tailored our wedding ceremony to our needs. She had many creative suggestions that made the procession look wonderful and worked with us to say the right words to fit our unique blend of cultures!

Profile Picture Dean, 7/5/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Janis took the time to get to know us, which we appreciated. She is kind, welcoming, professional, and knowledgeable. Our ceremony was personal and unique.

Profile Picture M, 3/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Janice from Creative Ceremonies is much more than just an officiant. From the moment my wife and I met with her she was so welcoming and had brilliant insight into all of our questions.

Before meeting with Creative Ceremonies, we were really worried about how to carry out a wedding ceremony that represented our non-religious belief system. Within 5 minutes, all of those worries melted away as Janice reassured and informed us that our ceremony, though not based in religion, can be as heartfelt and meaningful as any other belief's union while still being based in reality (which was very important for my wife and I).

Creative Ceremonies excelled beyond our expectations by delivering the most beautiful wedding ceremony that both of our families, religious and otherwise, are still buzzing about to this day. Janice's words about friendship, commitment, and love resonated within everyone in attendance.

I would ABSOLUTELY recommend Creative Ceremonies to anyone who is looking for a knowledgable, talented, and welcoming officiant. Especially if you feel lost in creating a ceremony that is representative of your beliefs.

Profile Picture Brian, 10/4/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We were really impressed with our ceremony. It was important to us that it reflected who we are, what we believe, and that it ultimately create a positive, inclusive environment for all people from all backgrounds. Janis is incredibly intelligent, dedicated to what she does, and very invested in those she works with. Our initial conversation lasted for quite some time as she was able to connect with us on many levels. Our meeting was positive and gave us what we needed to customize our ceremony. The materials she provided gave us fantastic options! She was also extremely receptive to the items we wanted to include that were off script. On the day of she quickly took charge and ensured we were all on track and ready to go. We were both so thankful that she came ready to preform the ceremony and provide the leadership we believe a celebrant should. She was engaging, positive, warm, and fun. MANY of our guests commented specifically on how much they liked our ceremony (not in that "oh that was nice" way, but in a WOW that was great! kind of way).

Ultimately, we had no fears or concerns leading up to the day. We connected multiple times and she was more than flexible with our hectic schedules. Her ceremony was fantastic and reflective of who we are as a couple. Her approach allowed us to create some incredible keepsakes for the rest of our lives.

Profile Picture Chris and Kari, 9/28/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Janis, we just wanted to thank you again for creating a ceremony that reflected our beliefs and individuality. I attended two ceremonies you officiated in the past and was very impressed, so we decided to have you officiate at our wedding. I did not realize how much thought and effort you put into the process, and managing the ceremony so everything went smoothly and on time!

Best regards,
Sophia A.

Profile Picture User2746285, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I'm surprised to see the first review. We had nothing short of a spectacular experience with this officiant. I won't go in to all details, but suffice to say that our day was perfect - and she couldn't have been more professional and attentive. Would highly recommend.

Profile Picture User2645521, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Janis is an absolute pleasure to work with. I loved the flexibility of being able to create a service we loved.

Profile Picture Nikki, 7/24/10, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We got a lot of compliments on the service. She let us customize the ceremony as much as we wanted. My only complaint was she got a little power-hungry right before the ceremony and tried reordering the entire bridal party. Luckily my DOC was there to fix things, otherwise the musician's cues would have been completely messed up.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Allison, 7/2/11, 13 Reviews
2.4

I'm sorry to have to say that I was disappointed in this officiant. We met with her twice before our wedding to discuss the details. The first time we went in to meet with her, we gave her a lot of information, but the second meeting was much like the first - she didn't seem to remember much of what we told her before. And I didn't feel that we accomplished anything more than our first meeting.

Then the day of our wedding, she wanted to make changes to the order of the ceremony (that we had typed up and given her a week prior) and told me that that was her job to make those decisions. That just wasn't something I needed to hear right before our planned out (and rehearsed) ceremony. Also, we had special lighting cues (it was in a theatre) to go with the order of the ceremony, which couldn't be changed at that point. Granted these were only small changes that she wanted to make, but I felt as though we hadn't asked her to help with those decisions and so she shouldn't be insisting on her opinion of how things should go.

Our ring bearer's mother was late getting to the wedding, so we had to hold the start of the wedding over by 15 minutes. There was no excuse for that and I was totally stressing out, but how could we start without our ring bearer? The officiant was very bothered by this and made some comments about starting late that upset me. I started to cry because after all, I was a bride moments from walking down the aisle and I'm missing my ring bearer and my officiant is being less than helpful.

I could have forgiven these things until I watched our wedding video... Our officiant looked uninterested and even looked at her watch twice! I was very hurt by this. Our ceremony was only 20 minutes long after all... And frankly, I've been to a number of weddings that didn't start on time. This should just be expected as it is the most important day of your life and there are a lot of factors to be considered (people showing up late, photos, etc).

View Vendor Response