Creative Cakes by Monica Reviews

60 Reviews for Creative Cakes by Monica

Creative Cakes by Monica 1
Creative Cakes by Monica 2

Kelly · Married on 03/01/2014

I was extremly happy with Creative Cakes. The tasting was fun and planning was easy. We had a specific design in mind for our grooms cake and Monica nailed it! All of our guests raved about how good the cake was.

Sent on 03/14/2014

Sandra · Married on 02/24/2014

We found out 2 weeks before our wedding that the person we hired to make our cake was no longer in the bakery business. He referred us to Monica and she was AMAZING! Not only was she able to accommodate us with such short notice they cakes were DELICIOUS! Even the anniiversary topper was delicious one year later! (We used a food saver)

Sent on 07/03/2015

Creative Cakes by Monica's reply:

Thanks for the awesome review! I'm so glad we could help you out at that time. We can't imagine a wedding minus the centerpiece cake! Thanks again, and have a very happy future!

Angela · Married on 12/14/2013

MY CAKES WERE AWESOME! We had a very traditional wedding cake, and it was beautiful and delicious! The more challenging cake was the grooms cake. We married in Vegas and had a reception back home, so we wanted a roulette wheel and board for the grooms cake. Monica did a FANTASTIC job! The grooms cake not only looked really great, but was just as delicious as the wedding cake. I highly recommend Creative Cakes by Monica to anyone needing ANY kind of cake, wedding, groom, or otherwise. She was very reasonably priced and so easy to work with, and the final products were perfect!

Sent on 12/18/2013

Dixon · Married on 11/30/2013

We used Creative Cakes by Monica for our wedding cake and we were more than happy with the cake! They were very flexible and helped us to design the cake how we wanted it. Very good price for the amazing cake we received. Would highly recommend Creative Cakes by Monica to anyone in the market for a cake!!!

Sent on 12/09/2013

Creative Cakes by Monica's reply:

Thank you so much for the awesome review! I love satisfied customers!

I would definatley use cakes by monica again. We came in and described what kind of cake we had in mind and their staff was professional and helped us make our dream cake perfect. The cake tasted amazing and our guests loved it. I cant say enough good things about them.

Sent on 12/11/2013

kristen · Married on 10/12/2013

The cakes were wonderful! The delivery team was very punctual, even beating me to the venue! Everything we could have hoped for!

Sent on 10/15/2013

LINDA · Married on 06/15/2013

I cannot say enough good things about Monica and her staff. Her cakes are beautiful, delicious and well priced. She is extremely accomidating and wonderfully talented. If you can dream it...monica can do it. She has limitless flavors, designs, etc.
    She does all of our birthdays, showers, and just did my daughters wedding. The cake was beautiful. Her piping and fondant work was expert. YOU ARE THE NEXT GREAT BAKER MONICA. we appreciate you so much!!

Sent on 07/10/2013

Creative Cakes by Monica's reply:

Thank you, my#1 Fan, for spreading the word. Your awesome!

Megan · Married on 06/01/2013

I first heard of Monica's when my sister was getting married a lady in my mom's office refered her. My sister got married in Azle, TX (where Monica is located) last year. After tasting her cakes it was a hands down winner. So of course, when my husband and I were planning our wedding I told him Monica's was making our cake. He isn't much for cake, but once he went to the tasting and had her cake and cake balls he agreed it was the best he had ever tasted. I got a some what simple design on my cake I had them do almost a lace over lay on the cake with running rhinestones. My husband had a cake made out of cake balls in the shape and design of a Republican Elephant. Monica's was so resonable on their price and one vendor I didn't have to worry about. I am still recieving compliments on her cake, and my husband and I plan to go get some more cake balls soon.

Sent on 07/20/2013

Creative Cakes by Monica's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful compliment~ My brides are the best!

Katie · Married on 04/28/2013

The whole experience with Creative Cakes by Monica was so wonderful - from the cake tasting with our family to the delivery on our wedding day to the cake cutting during our reception, we were so happy and confident in our choice of Creative Cakes. It was a delicious cake that looked beautiful and all of our guests enjoyed!

Sent on 05/04/2013

Creative Cakes by Monica's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review Katie! It's always nice to receive such praise from your bride and groom. I'm so glad you were pleased!
    Congratulations!

By far the best vendor I had. I had an offbeat cake and a wedding flavor that wasn't on their menu and they kicked butt. My cake was a chocolate cake with hazelnut filling and people are still raving about how amazing it was!

I also changed the design of the groom's cake the week of the wedding, and they had no issues! Hands down, our favorite vendor. I'll be coming here for all of our future cakes.

Sent on 11/06/2012

Creative Cakes by Monica's reply:

We are so glad you enjoyed the cakes! We had such a fun time making it. I love customers that think out of the box on their designs. We look forward to seeing you again. Thanks!

delicious cake! Monica has so many pictures to look at you you really can build the cake of your dreams!

Sent on 07/11/2012

Creative Cakes by Monica's reply:

What wonderful customers I have! Such a delight to work with people such as these!
  • brinden

brinden · Married on 05/12/2012

All I can say is YUMMMMM!!!! She is located in Azle and makes the best cake I have ever had. She is so very reasonable and dependable. She created excatly what I wanted. I have recieved so many compliments on how they usually do not like cake but told me mine was fabulous. I am telling you I will travel to Azle just to eat her cake and cupcakes . Use her and you will not be disappointed. She came recommended by my moms' coworker who travels one hour just to have her make all her cakes.

Sent on 05/19/2012

Creative Cakes by Monica's reply:

What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with others. Congrats and good luck on your new beginning!

Monica

Hannah · Married on 03/22/2012

Creative Cakes by Monica-

The bride and groom's cake was beautifully designed and delicious.
    Monica is a joy to work with and is SO TALENTED in her creations. Our guests loved our wedding cakes. We can't wait for a year anniversary so we can once again enjoy Creative Cakes by Monica!
    Monica made us feel at home and like part of the family. She took her time in listening to our wishes and ideas and her southern sweet spirit was a delight to work with.

We would highly recommend Creative Cakes by Monica for ANY EVENT

ps. you can stop in and taste/buy one of her scrumptious cupcakes and/or cakeballs :)

love-Hannah (Smith) Williams

Sent on 03/30/2012

Desiree · Married on 03/04/2012

I used Crearive cakes by Monica for my wedding last year ! She did an AMAZING JOB!My wedding cake and grooms cake was beautiful and tasted wonderful ! She was super nice and always helpful !

Sent on 01/10/2013

Creative Cakes by Monica's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I always enjoy hearing from my awesome brides!

desiree · Married on 03/04/2012

amazing cakes loved them . so did all my guest

Sent on 05/09/2013

Lacy · Married on 12/09/2011

Monica'a cakes were so delicious and she did a wonderful job decorating my wedding cake the way I wanted it! She offers so many different flavors that were ALL so good!

Sent on 12/22/2011

Tiffany · Married on 10/01/2011

Going to Creative Cakes by Monica was the most fun part of the wedding planning process. They are very friendly and have many designs to choose from. The most difficult part of the process is choosing which flavors to have because they are all so amazing. I had the champagne, strawberry velvet, and white chocolate raspberry. The thing I loved most about the cakes was that I don't like fondant and the cakes are made to look like fondant, but they are butter cream. There prices are very reasonable as well.

Sent on 10/04/2011

Victoria · Married on 05/16/2009

Absolutely perfect! Every bride holds her breath for the cake and flowers, and my daughter was no different. Monica spent a lot of time listening to what the bride and groom both wanted, but how do you take those dreams and turn them into reality? I don't know, but Monica did it. The wedding cake, grooms cake, and ALL of the flowers were EXACTLY what the kids wanted and really made the entire event breathtaking. And the cakes tasted great too! Can't ask for more, and at an extremely affordable price. I will use her again for non-wedding events!

Sent on 06/09/2009

Elizabeth · Married on 04/04/2009

Best Cake in the entire world ...hands down...!!!!
    She is great and added extra flowers and was very flexible. Monica is also listens to exactly what you want for your cake design. yum!

Sent on 09/10/2009

Arub · Married on 09/26/2014

The cake tasting was wonderful with many varieties to choose from. Monica asked the right questions, made great notes and showed examples of her work. This week be my bakery for any future events.

Sent on 10/07/2014

Marissa · Married on 07/13/2014

Creative Cakes was the perfect company to partner with to make our wedding day extra special. This bakery was referred to us by our venue (A&M Gardens) who spoke highly of Monica, the owner of Creative Cakes. Lucky for us, the bakery was just a few miles from our venue. We went into her business without an appointment, and she was very generous in accommodating our needs promptly. We had a wonderful tasting in a private room - each cake was SO good that we had trouble choosing a favorite! We ended up enjoying Italian Creme the most, which is a great flavor for any event and pleases any picky eater. However, we decided to also incorporate White Chocolate Raspberry, Chocolate, and Vanilla in other tiers of our cake. Monica drew out a design of our cake at that appointment, and within 30 minutes everything was decided. She is very professional and down-to-earth, and she has years of experience. Our wedding day came, and the cake looked better than we imagined. Our guests raved about the cake - especially the taste! Our good friends are getting married in a few months and will be using Creative Cakes. I will definitely go to her business for a box of cupcakes in the future. Her pricing is pretty reasonable for the quality of cake. We payed $600 for a 4-tier cake which fed 150 people and left us with the top tier for our upcoming one year anniversary. Thank you Monica!

Sent on 08/29/2014

Delicious, beautiful, professional, reasonably priced. What more could you want in a cake vendor?

The best part is, Monica's cakes look like fondant, but are actually made with her own special blend of buttercream! We opted for white chocolate strawberry and Italian Cream cake, and were not disappointed.

If you're in the DFW metroplex, you can't beat this vendor for price, quality, look, and reliability, so there's not really much of a point in continuing to look at other vendors. Save your time and give Monica a call.

Sent on 07/07/2014

Creative Cakes by Monica's reply:

What a wonderful review! Thank you so much. This is why we're in the business, customers like you!

Jennie · Married on 11/09/2013

Lauren and Monica were amazing people to work with. The original business making my cake canceled on me about a week and a half before my wedding. Lauren and Monica took my cake over like a champ and did not complain once how little time they had! The wedding cake and groom's cake were perfect!

Sent on 11/29/2013

Ashley · Married on 10/08/2016

Beautiful cake, and so delicious! I was able to taste everything and they even made some gluten free cupcakes for a few of my guests. I loved the cute cowboy boots incorporated in the cake!

Sent on 12/29/2016
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 07/23/2016

Creative Cakes was recommended to us by our wedding coordinator… We scheduled a tasting with Monica and booked her! The cupcakes were delicious, and she worked with us to give our wedding guests six different flavor options as well as create my husband's dream triple chocolate Texas cake. They provide delivery and setup services as well as cake stand rentals… They happened to forget our stands, so they purchased some nearby as a quick fix, which wasn't exactly what we had in mind, but it worked out just fine. It definitely didn't affect our guests raving over the groom's cake and cupcakes!

Sent on 08/16/2016