Crank's Catering & Banquet Center Reviews

38 Reviews for Crank's Catering & Banquet Center

• Naidee

naidee Nascimento · Married on 10/05/2019

Bridal Shower

They catered my recent bridal shower, the food was amazing the service was perfect. Everyone absolutely loved their catering, Really happy we went with them they took into account my food allergies. It was the perfect bridal shower brunch.

Sent on 09/05/2019

Grant · Married on 02/10/2018

Great community-based catering service! This was the first event I've hosted in which the food received such high praise. The Baked Herb Chicken, Red Skin Parsley Potatoes, Pasta Primavera, Green Bean Amandine.... all excellent! Also, the boxed-lunches are an outstanding deal (gluten free options too), and the deliverable Hot Buffets are not only rich in choices, but very delicious. Thank you Cindi and the team at Crank's!

Sent on 02/14/2018
  • Shelby

Shelby · Married on 07/15/2017

Crank's did a beautiful job! The food was delicious and the service was great! Cindy was so helpful in picking out a menu!

Sent on 07/28/2017
  • F

Shannon · Married on 07/01/2017

Michael Crank is a wonderful person to work with. Cranks is very accommodating and flexible. They have a beautiful banquet facility as well as off site catering capabilities. Food presentation is beautiful and taste great.

Sent on 03/08/2017

Sarah · Married on 04/08/2017

We hired Crank's Catering for our 4/8/17 wedding and could not be happier! We attended a tasting two weeks before our wedding to solidify our menu choices and we were so impressed with the quality of the food and service!
    We chose the herb chicken, sausage and peppers, lasagna, red skin parsley potatoes and mixed veggies for our buffet dinner. The staff at Crank's was more than happy to customize our menu to our taste.
    The buffet was gorgeous at the wedding and the food was delicious - we got tons of compliments!
    The serving staff during our reception was phenomenal! They checked in with us before moving the cake or the cake table, let our guests know when it was time to get food and even helped clean up our personal table items.
    We could not be happier with Crank's!

Sent on 04/11/2017

Amanda · Married on 05/07/2016

Crank's was absolutely wonderful. They provided on-site catering for our wedding reception. The food wasdelicious, we had TONS of compliments on it. The service was very professional!

Sent on 11/17/2016

Emily · Married on 10/24/2015

Crank's goes above and beyond when it comes to anything really. Michael is an amazing person inside and out and will take his time with you. He goes through details and makes sure you get exactly what you're looking for. We highly recommend going to a food tasting where they provide a number of different options if you're unsure about what to order.

The food arrived on time and everyone LOVED it. Along with your catering order, they provide salad, rolls, fruit. There was so much food leftover! What's incredible is they always donate their cold food items and the hot food can be boxed for anyone to take home.

Everything about Crank's is fantastic. I would absolutely go with them again. We are so grateful!

Sent on 11/04/2015

Danielle · Married on 08/07/2015

I had my ceremony and reception here! It was absolutely perfect and the staff is awesome! Don't be discouraged because of its location. Not only is the inside gorgeous but they also have a private pavilion area that is very spacious and beautiful! The dance floor was also something I made sure was good to accommodate my large guest list. I had 250 people at my wedding and this venue was great!

Sent on 08/10/2015

Cranks Catering was FANTASTIC! They were great when we were booking, making sure that we knew we had time to choose the menu and give them a head count. When we went to hand in our final payment the rep we worked with was very friendly and helped us do what we needed to.

THE FOOD WAS AMAZING!! We had many guests tell us later that it was the best wedding food they've ever had. I almost wish I wasn't the one getting married so I could have spent more time eating! Unfortunately I do not remember the servers names but they were very helpful and very professional.

I would ABSOLUTELY recommend Cranks to anyone for any event!!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Michael · Married on 11/15/2014

Loved the hall, great stuff, unbelievable value

Sent on 06/27/2015

Carol · Married on 10/18/2014

Party in my home...food was great, friendly staff. Michael was awesome to speak with....thank you!!!

Sent on 11/05/2014

Anne · Married on 07/05/2014

Our wedding was on the holiday weekend. Cranks provided great food and service. They worked with me to specialize a brunch menu that was delicious and perfect for a wedding brunch. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 07/18/2014

Shelley · Married on 08/17/2012

I actually had my reception at a cranks catering banquet center -- Enchantment in Shelby Township. One might not think it from the outside since it's a strip mall, but the banquet center is BEAUTIFUL. I had so many compliments on my wedding day. It is bright, lined with windows, nice outdoor patio with a gazboo, huge beautiful bar....just a gorgerous venue,definitely not your standard boring dark banquet room. Not only is the venue pretty but the food was fabulous. I had people coming up to me all night long to tell me how wonderful everything was. It was so good i'd crash someone's wedding for more! LOL jk The staff is very friendly and helpful. It was perfect and the price was affordable. I'd definitely reccommend Enchantment by Cranks Catering to any and everyone! I will definitely use them in the future for any catering needs. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Sent on 08/30/2012

Nicole · Married on 08/20/2011

The food was wonderful, all of my guests were satisfied with the food. The caterers even offered to cut our cake for us so we didn't have to do it ourself.

Sent on 08/27/2011
  • lghthsechic79

Denise · Married on 09/26/2009

The food, service, and cost is excellent! VERY professional and organized! I recommend for anyone to have Cranks cater! The caterer the day and night of our wedding, went above and beyond! Our guests cannot stop talking about how great the food was that night!

Sent on 10/13/2009

Stacey · Married on 08/14/2009

They made us a vegan banquet! Mmmm. We still aren't over how good it was. It's nice to see an conventional catering company go out of their way to make a delicious alternative meal.

Sent on 09/13/2009

Savannah · Married on 06/01/2009

We had Crank's prepare the food for our reception.We loved how inexpensive everything turned out to be and how the flavor was consistent in all the different food types.Everything worked out smoothly we picked everything up and started the meal when everything was still warm.

Sent on 02/01/2010

Erin · Married on 10/04/2008

We had Crank's cater offsite and they provided everything we needed. Linens, dishes, silverware, service staff, and absolutely delicious food! I may be biased because it was my wedding day, but truly, it was the best wedding food I have ever had. Absolutely amazing. They set it up buffet style but served myself and the groom, then when everyone was done, they cleaned up quickly so the dancing could begin. I would highly recommend Crank's Catering to everyone.

Sent on 04/27/2012

Michelle · Married on 06/14/2008

All I can say was I was expecting so-so and got wow!

Sent on 07/27/2008

Amanda · Married on 09/03/2005

The food is delicious and affordable!

Sent on 04/29/2008

Melissa · Married on 09/13/2014

We had our wedding at Enchantment Banquet hall in Sterling Heights. The hall was beautiful and the staff was very professional. The food was amazing and our guests could not stop talking about how good dinner was. Thank you! Highly recommended!

Sent on 09/21/2014

Sara · Married on 08/22/2009

Everyone is raving about the food at our wedding.
    This is the caterer where people actually get up and go have seconds.

They were very easy to work with, flexible, and available for questions.

If booking with this caterer, or even considering it, they offer a sample dinner, where you and your intended can go and try it out.

The day of the wedding, they were very professional, dressed sharply, nice to the guests.
    Cranks catering made the reception start and end without any problems.

The food is excelent! We splurged on one option, and it was well worth it!!

Cranks Catering works solely with Michigan Metro Parks, the quality of service they bring to the event is amazing.

Sent on 08/29/2009

Marisol · Married on 01/28/2009

Fantastic service by everyone at Cranks.The whole staff made it a pleasant experience.We still get compliments about the food and service!Thank you Cranks and hope to work with you again!

Sent on 11/15/2009

Tara · Married on 12/03/2016

The quality of Crank's service is incredible. I can't say enough good things about the food, the staff, and the service. I was so appreciative of their flexibility when I had asked for a few last minute changes to the alcohol package. They also easily accommodated my vegetarian and GF guests and they flawlessly executed our milk and cookies dessert with a milk fountain. A MILK FOUNTAIN, I mean, how cool is that?! Everyone loved it, including our band, and it perfectly fit our wintery festive theme!

Sent on 12/05/2016
  • Michael

Michael · Married on 09/20/2019

3.0

The best banquet food ever

I can’t stress how delicious Crank’s food is. We got more compliments on how good the food at our wedding was than we got congratulations on our marriage. Every item was perfectly crafted. We strongly recommend the Ultimate Night Buffet Package, as you will receive appetizers, dessert station, and a fantastic late night snack. Your guests will be thrilled.

Communication with the Crank’s team was always great, and when things needed to be addressed or changed they were always responsive. The only slight negative I could possibly say was the serving and bussing staff were not particularly enthusiastic, and started to tear down the linens that we rented from there much earlier than expected (and almost swiped up a few personal belongings within the linens on accident.)

Again, I strongly recommend Crank’s. It is some of the best food you’ll ever have, full stop. (Just make sure you communicate your timing of the event clearly. 😉 )

Sent on 10/21/2019