Covered Bridge Inn Reviews

27 | Lewes, DE

27 Reviews for Covered Bridge Inn

27 Covered Bridge Inn Reviews

Danielle · Married on 09/15/2018

The Covered Bridge Inn will forever be the backdrop to the fairytale wedding of our dreams! This venue is classically beautiful in all its history and simplicity that you can feel in your bones as you take in the scenery. Ingrid is truely amazing and held our hands every step of the way ensuring our comfortablilty and confidence leading up to our wedding (during a hurricane warning) through the next day when we shared an amazing homemade frenchtoast breakfast. The amount of hats she chooses to wear, and how well she wears them well shows how much she cares about the people who stay at the Inn and the experience of all guests that are welcomed along with the event. This venue also boasts 4 bedrooms that we were able to stay in for the weekend with some of our close friends and fully enjoy the feel of home during what could have been a very stressful time. We will forever be humbled and greatful for our experience here for our wedding weekend.

Sent on 09/25/2018
    Covered Bridge Inn 5
    Covered Bridge Inn 6
    Covered Bridge Inn 7

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Danielle - you provided me with my most memorable experience to date. Late that evening, as I was doing clean up duty and all souls had moved on for the night, I look up to find you and Robb, locked in an embrace, professing your love for each other, and feeling the tidal wave of emotion that comes along with end of a wedding. It was a moment you shared privately, but I will never forget that fleeting glimpse of love. When someone asks if I like what I do, the vision of you two will pop into my mind, and I will simply nod and smile. Thank You. For Everything.

Madison · Married on 08/25/2018

Our experience at the Covered Bridge Inn was absolutely incredible!!!! Ingrid couldn’t have been a better help. She made everything run completely smooth on our big day and the month prior by letting us have access to the farm and to finish up planning. Breakfast was delicious, each morning we were served something different. All of our guests were blown away by the venue, they were completely taken back by the beauty of the whole farm. Ingrid truely treated us like family and we will be eternally greatful for her making our day the best day of our lives. Obviously you could say we would HIGHLY recommend this venue not only for its beauty but for its high end service as well!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

My beautiful Madison!! Thank you so much for your kind words, your smile, your warm heart, and your poor feet! I will never forget that moment of relief when we changed you into those white flip flops. Pure relief and happiness as I watched you settle into the arms of your new husband on the dance floor. You two are glowing in love and I'm grateful that I was able to be a small part of that. Stay in touch.... I can't wait for your photography!!

Johanna · Married on 08/18/2018

I cannot speak more highly of the Covered Bridge Inn and the wedding weekend. The Covered Bridge is the absolute perfect wedding venue! There is so much space that allows you to essentially design the look and feel of the ceremony and the reception. You have the flexibility to make it exactly as you want. Having the venue for the weekend allowed for plenty of time for set up and allowed for us to have a welcome reception for all of the guests that were in from out of town. The Bed and Breakfast is incredibly comfortable and inviting and having access to it allowed for hair and makeup to come onsite to make the day less hectic and stress free. Ingrid, the owner/innkeeper/event coordinator, made the entire experience from start to finish SO easy! This is only her second wedding season and you would think she has been doing this for decades with how seamless the whole process was. All of our guests were blown away by the venue and the weekend as a whole. I would easily recommend this venue to anyone as they would not be disappointed. It was the perfect wedding weekend and I have the Covered Bridge and Ingrid to thank for that!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Thank you Johanna!!! Your wedding was so much fun. From beginning to end. The Grottos rehearsal dinner, large gathering of very colorful people from all walks of life, my new bff DJ from Philly, the expansive layout with no seating chart, the best food ever from Bethany Blues, the tent in the courtyard, and the buses at the end of the night for 200 people! How in the world did all of that go so smoothly???? The answer is YOU! You and Andy are the most laid back, fun loving, hard working, and respectful people that I've met. I am finding myself referencing your wedding to my current tours - thought you'd like to know that. Thanks for everything.

Rachel · Married on 08/11/2018

The Covered Bridge Inn is the best venue in the state of Delaware! You will not find a better innkeeper than Ingrid Hopkins. She gives you a completely stress free and lovely weekend. There is not a bad picture spot on the property and everything is extremely clean.

Sent on 08/13/2018

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Rachel - Your family will live in my heart forever. It was a very healing weekend. Thank you for the beautiful arbor that was donated to the Inn! It is the perfect compliment to the farm and will be cherished. I look forward to each and every family party that will be held here in the future. Gratefully - Innkeeper Ingrid

judy · Married on 07/28/2018

Highly recommend. Our daughters wedding here was simply amazing and unforgettable .

Sent on 08/03/2018

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Thank you Judy! It was my lucky day when Kelly walked through my door. It was wonderful to see you beaming with pride and love for your daughter.

Cody · Married on 07/21/2018

This Venue is amazing and magical! The Inn keeper and staff make the wedding process and day of set up a walk in the park. I will recommend this venue to any one looking for a venue for their BiG day!

Sent on 07/29/2018

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Thank you Cody! You and Donna made the most out of this venue for 3 days!! Your wedding has inspired me to promote the extended venue rental to all of my couples - it was so nice! Fun, relaxing, and time well spent with family and friends. Your patience with mother nature created calmness among all of your family, friends, and vendors. Thanks you for showing everyone the unquestionable love and true meaning of the wedding experience, and rocking out to a fantastic band!

Michele · Married on 07/07/2018

Thank you, Ingrid, for an absolutely perfect wedding weekend at the Covered Bridge Inn! Our daughter Ashley’s wedding was beyond wonderful, from the rehearsal Friday night, to the stay in the inn, to the magical ceremony/reception on Saturday. Your entire property- the covered bridge, the inn, the renovated barn, and the surrounding farm- is beautiful beyond words. I will surely recommend your venue (and already have many times) to anyone I know who is planning a special event. Our family now has many wonderful wedding memories that we will treasure always! Thank you for all of your help in making Ashley and Charlie’s wedding weekend an experience we will never forget!

Sent on 07/18/2018
    Covered Bridge Inn 8
    Covered Bridge Inn 9
    Covered Bridge Inn 10
    Covered Bridge Inn 11
    Covered Bridge Inn 12

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Michele - Thank you so much for your kind review. Ashley's wedding was perfection, start to finish. The weather, the decor, the people, the music.... you saw that every little detail was attended to, with a smile to share every step of the way. You are a one-of-a-kind MOB!

Mehan · Married on 06/30/2018

We had a wonderful experience hosting our wedding at the Covered Bridge Inn. We were able to have the rehearsal dinner there, do hair and make up the day of the wedding in the Inn, held a backyard ceremony, and used the barn for the reception. Everything was perfect.

Sent on 09/23/2018

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Thank you Megan!! You and Peyton are a timeless, classic couple that turn heads wherever you go, and the perfect compliment to our farm. We were beyond lucky that you found us. Health, happiness, and forever is meant for couples like you.

Ashley · Married on 06/23/2018

Booking this venue back in 2016 for our 2018 there was lots of things that were unsure. But over the years Ingrid made this venue amazing! We loved everything about or weeding weekend from the time we arrived to the time we left she was wonderful! Had last minute things handy when needed and was great with helping us decide what to do if it rained. Thank you again for you wonderful hard work and making our day amazing ! ~Cody and Ashley Lednum

Sent on 06/21/2018

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Thank you so much Ashley!! I can't believe how much has happened in the 2 years since we met. You booked my venue when I still had a dirt floor!! It was a pleasure working with you and your growing family. Best wishes to you and Cody for a long and prosperous union.

Ryan · Married on 06/23/2018

The Wedding Weekend was an amazing experience. My wife and I loved having our rehearsal dinner at the barn on Friday night. The reception couldn't have turned out any better, everyone of our guests complemented us on our choice. The next morning we were able to sleep in, and then have coffee on the front porch as Ingrid finished cooking a wonderful breakfast. Ingrid is easy to reach at all times, and is a wonderful venue/Inn host!

I wish we could do it all over again!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Ryan and Andie - How can I possibly express my gratitude. Thank you just doesn't cut it, not even close. You have a beautiful future ahead of you and I'm glad to be your neighbor and your friend. Have an amazing time in Jamaica!

Justen · Married on 05/19/2018

One word can sum up this venue and it is STUNNING. The Covered Bridge Inn (CBI) offers some of the most amazing photo opportunities of any wedding venue in the area. Ingrid, the Inn Keeper is wonderful. She kept everything during the wedding running smoothly, helped out in every way possible, and even when unplanned events like "farm flooding" because of unheard of amounts of rain she was there with a plan! We booked almost a year and a half out and I was in contact with her monthly with questions, concerns, and asking for advice. She responded quickly every time. She allows your to visit the venue with possible vendors and tour facility whenever works for everyone.

When we first met for our initial visit we debated the single day wedding or the wedding weekend. We decided to go with the wedding weekend and it would have been impossible to do a single day wedding. With the wedding weekend, you have full range of the entire venue and Inn from 3:00 p.m. on Friday until 11:00 a.m. on Sunday. We were able to hold our rehearsal dinner in the barn and that enabled us to set up for the ceremony as well. There is no way that one could do a single day wedding, have all your deliveries there in time, decorate the entire barn, get ready, have a ceremony, tear down everything, and have your delivery companies return and be completely out of the barn by 11:00 p.m. The "Wedding Weekend" package is an absolute no brainer! I would HIGHLY recommend the Covered Bridge Inn and "Wedding Weekend". Even with the rain, we could not have asked for a better wedding, and we are truly blessed! I hope everyone has the same experience at the CBI. The picture attached was taken by Ingrid the Inn Keeper from her cell phone. Unedited, and even with record amounts of rain we were able to get this amazing shot at sunset! WHAT A VENUE!

Sent on 05/22/2018
    Covered Bridge Inn 13

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

I'm speechless. I cannot find the right words.... and anyone who knows me, knows that is a very rare occurrence. Actually, maybe it isn't that I can't find the right words. Maybe, there just aren't enough words to describe my gratitude toward your and my admiration for your families. So I'm just gonna keep this simple. Thank You, from the bottom of my heart. Innkeeper Ingrid

Shannon · Married on 05/18/2018

We had a wonderful wedding weekend at the Covered Bridge Inn!! It is a beautiful venue, was the perfect place for us and Ingrid makes it welcoming and comforting to her guests!! From the very beginning she was very responsive and helpful and eased our worries! Rain and all everyone thought it was beautiful! We had an amazing day.

Sent on 09/20/2018

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Shannon & Scooby - I can't thank you enough for a wonderful adventure. When you met me, I knew ZERO about the wedding world. We were by each other's side for a year and a half, and look at what we did. Well....mostly what YOU did! I will always tell the story of your center pieces, and yes... they are still with me!

Tricia · Married on 05/05/2018

My fiancé and I booked our May 5, 2018 wedding at the Covered Bridge Inn when they were just beginning as a wedding venue. As a bride without a planner I did all of the correspondence and planning myself and was extremely appreciative of the immediate responses and flexibility of the owner. Since we first signed there have been several great additions to the site including a chandeliers, a day of coordinator, a man cave and heating units for the barn. Ingrid has also done an amazing job with the Inn where the wedding party can stay during their event and wake up to a delicious home cooked breakfast. Compared to many other venue locations, this one is quiet and serene but located within a short distance to the beaches which many of my guests enjoyed during our wedding weekend. While the venue does require you to rent tables, chairs, dinnerware and choose all of your vendors, this gives you more flexibility in pricing and options to select exactly what you want. If you trust the owner's judgement with your selections you can't go wrong. Ingrid even took some flowers off of her own table on the day of the wedding when my lanterns were too heavy for the shepherd's hooks that lined the ceremony isle! Trust me when I say you can put your trust in this venue for an amazing wedding for both you and your guests!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Tricia - You are an absolute DOLL! If there was a Fitness Bride Magazine, you would be the cover. Thank you for your kind review, for your faith in me, and for being absolutely fabulous throughout the planning process. The details were spot on, from the coffee mug station, the vintage china collection, to the spontaneous strip tease.... it was perfection. Enjoy your time in Italy!

Kathy · Married on 05/05/2018

As mother of the bride, I have to say how pleased I was with The Covered Bridge Inn. Ingrid did a fantastic job. She was there anytime you had a question or an idea. This is my second wedding in six months and I can say WOW, I loved the people we worked with, the property, and everything during our wedding preparations. What a difference it makes to have the weekend to set up and tear down. We did not have to worry about another event during our weekend. The rehearsal was done on the property and set up was done early. Elderly could stay at the Inn and retire when needed and the rest of the family could continue to party. As the Inn progresses and continually improves and adds to the venue, I can say without hesitation you will not go wrong with the decision to do your special event at the Covered Bridge Inn. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for your help every step of the way. I know my daughter was more than pleased. We all were. You are a special lady with a great venue that I can see will only improve with time. You made our special day the BEST.

Sent on 05/17/2018
    Covered Bridge Inn 14
    Covered Bridge Inn 15
    Covered Bridge Inn 16

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Kathy - Thank you so much! I have combined the love of my family's farm, the love I have for my work, and the love that surrounds every couple getting married here, to be encompassed at all times with happiness. I pass that along to each and every person that graces this farm, and thank you so very much for noticing. Gratefully, Innkeeper Ingrid

Sarah · Married on 04/28/2018

This venue truly made our wedding top notch. Ingrid, did everything to make sure our day was perfect. The ability to stay the weekend at the inn allowed us to fully prepare decorations and the setup. All I heard throughout the night was how beautiful the venue was. Our guests enjoyed playing cornhole during cocktail hour. There is a fire pit as well, we were alittle disappointed it was not going for our wedding because our guests kept asking for it. All together this venue was everything we could have asked for. Since it is a bed and breakfast as well, it allows for you to come back and stay for your anniversaries!

Sent on 05/01/2018
    Covered Bridge Inn 17
    Covered Bridge Inn 18

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Sarah - Thank you so much for your kind review! Your families were fantastic to work with over the year and especially throughout the weekend. You receive the "laid back bride of the year award", hands down. The fire pit should have been burning, you are absolutely right. I apologize for that oversight and thank you for bringing it to my attention. It will prevent me from every forgetting to do it again! I wish you and Stephen a lifetime of health and happiness. Gratefully, Innkeeper Ingrid

Merenda · Married on 04/22/2018

As the parents of the bride, we can not say enough about this venue. It was over the top. If there were a way to give more than 5 stars, we would. From moment we toured the property, we knew our daughter would choose it as her venue for her wedding. As soon as the contract was signed, we found that with every step along the planning process, that Ingrid was with us. The weekend of the wedding could not have gone smoother and the wedding went off without even the slightest hiccup. Having the availability to have the venue for not just one day but the entire weekend made all the difference. It enabled us to really enjoy this exciting moment in her life. She was able to stay with all her girls at the venue the night before and she was well cared for right up until the lights went out in the barn after she left for her honeymoon.
    Thank you Ingrid and The Covered Bridge Inn for giving our daughter an experience of a lifetime and one she will never forget. It really was the day she had dreamed it would be, and we couldn't be happier.

The Gordon's
    Ron and Mindy

Sent on 04/25/2018

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Is there a way for the venue owner to give 5 stars to the wedding family? If so, you get 5 stars all the way my new friends! You were a pleasure to work with from start to finish. I thought it couldn't get any better, and then you go and donate your leftover food and ice cream to the local fire company so that they could feast like kings. Talk about over the top!! I hope to see you again one day. Innkeeper Ingrid

Kaitlin · Married on 11/02/2017

The Covered Bridge Inn provided the most wonderful wedding venue-more than I could have ever imagined! My husband and I had a long distance relationship through dating and engagement so we decided to have a short engagement and have a small family wedding. I had found the Covered Bridge Inn when looking at wedding venues in the area and knew I wanted to get married there. I contacted Ingrid and her weekends were booked, but I asked if she would consider my family renting out the inn for two nights and having a weekday wedding and she was excited at the opportunity. We had an intimate family wedding and then a special dinner in the dining room! It was absolutely beautiful! The inn and grounds are gorgeous and made for beautiful wedding photos we will always cherish! Ingrid is the absolute best! The whole experience was more than I could have ever imagined! She was so easy to communicate with and even set us up with our photographer and caterer. We could never thank her enough for making our wedding experience so special. I highly recommend this venue to everyone I talk to! It was an amazing experience and with Ingrid such an excellent communicator and coordinator there was no wedding stress everything went perfectly!

Sent on 08/02/2018

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Kaitlin - you have succeeded in turning me into a gooey pile of gratefulness! Wow! During this busy and warm wedding season, you have no idea how much I needed to hear these words. Just when I thought I was overcome with worry, a little angel pops into my inbox and reminds me why I love my work. I hope your beautiful family is healthy, happy, and flourishing. Thank you Kaitlin.

BreAnna · Married on 10/28/2017

I couldn't have asked for anything more on our special day. Ingrid an her staff accommodated our entire wedding party and our family members the entire wedding weekend. Every one was relaxed. Everything was organized, all rooms are decorated beautifully. Sitting room with fireplace very relaxing. Breakfast every morning was amazing. All around everything was completely perfect. Not to mention you are close to Lewes, Rehoboth for any last minute things you made have forgotten.

Sent on 11/09/2017

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Thank you BreAnna! You wedding was so fun, from start to finish. My favorite part was when you and Gina put on your dancin' shoes - literally! You danced the night away and stole all of our hearts. Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness.

Taryn · Married on 10/14/2017

I highly recommend the covered bridge inn for a wedding! This place is magical plus there are so many cool spots for pictures❤️

Paige · Married on 10/07/2017

The Covered Bridge Inn is truly a breath taking venue. Ingrid , the owner truly goes out of her way to accommodate your every need., making sure that all is perfect for the special day. The Inn is absolutely gorgeous with its rustic, original, farmhouse charm, and the covered bridge is truly a one of a kind for beautiful outdoor ceremonies. The Covered Bridge Inn is truly a gorgeous, one of a kind venue with such intimacy and a truly beautiful facility for such a special day. I was treated as family from the moment I stepped foot on the property and was welcomed with such open arms by Ingrid and her wonderful staff. This venue is truly one of a kind, beautifully rustic barn venue that will truly wow your guest.

Sent on 10/10/2017

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Thank you so much Paige! The pleasure was all mine - from start to finish. From the moment you signed on with me, until the moment it was over, the experience was nothing but joy. I will never forget - when everything was all packed up and you were ready to head home - you walked back in my door to offer a warm embrace and words of grattitude. You are one of a kind. Thank you for your faith in me.

Lauren · Married on 09/30/2017

I can't say enough about Ingrid and the Covered Bridge Inn. You know how everyone keeps saying "it will fly by in the blink of an eye". My fiancé and I were really trying to find a way to spend quality time with the people we love the most. The Covered Bridge Inn is realy what allowed us to do this. We had the rehearsal Thursday on the grounds, a beach party on Friday, the wedding Saturday, and a breakfast on the grounds on Sunday morning (not to mention a personal hot breakfast each morning for my guests who stayed in the Inn!). I was able to stay at the Inn with all of my bridesmaids the entire time which was so important to me. And beyond that, Ingrid's hospilaty is like none other. She is so welcoming and accommodating. You want for nothing when you stay with her. For example, my room did not have a ceiling hook for my dress. I was gone for maybe 1 hour and when I returned, she had placed one in the room for me!! Ingrid pays attention to every small detail and that is really what made the difference. Not to mention the incredible setting with the actual Covered Bridge and barn. I can't recommend the Covered Bridge Inn enough!

Sent on 10/03/2017
    Covered Bridge Inn 19

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Thanks Lauren! I knew the first time you came here with your family and your event planner Nicole Bailey thay our farm was the perfect fit for you, and you would create a one-of-a-kind event. However, nothing could have prepared me for the final product. Wow.... just wow. Your vision was equisite, your family was precious, and your team of pros were top notch. You utilized this place to perfection. I hope you are enjoying your honeymoon adventure in Iceland!

Liz · Married on 09/16/2017

The venue is to die for... the rooms with their decor are right out of a magazine. Our pictures will be treasured forever due to stunning backdrop, the barn, the farm house, the bridge... all were amazing. The Inn Keeper Ingrid even helped me with a last minute HELP my veil needs another Bobby pin right before I walked dow. The aisle she ran and got me one and pinned it. Had a wonderful experience, this venue is in my opinion going to be the most sought after wedding venue in all of DE. Best of luck for years to come. Oh- and dog friendly!!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Liz and Jeff - aka Barbie and Ken.... You two were amazing. Beauty beyond comprehension. Everywhere from your stunning design, your amazing family ( I didn't want Mom and Dad to leave) your obvious love for each other shining like a beacon, with kindness and gratitude around every corner. I was smiling, laughing, and crying tears of joy all weekend. Your wedding was my vision come to life. Thank you, for everything.

Jill · Married on 08/13/2017

What an amazing venue! The inn is spectacular and Ingrid could not have been more accommodating! She has lots of great "props" already there, along with the natural beauty of the barn made decorating simple and easy! Having an outdoor area for yard games and cocktail hour is perfect for the guest. We even had the Hopkins dairy truck there for ice cream after the cake! I would HIGHLY recommend this venue if you are looking for a romantic setting. So many great places for pictures! You can make it country rustic to country chic! Whatever your theme it can work here!! LOVE COVERED BRIDGE INN

Sent on 07/13/2018
    Covered Bridge Inn 20
    Covered Bridge Inn 21
    Covered Bridge Inn 22

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Hi Jill !! You and Neil define the tenacity of the human spirit. The story of your wedding journey will stay in my heart forever. Stay in touch, neighbor. Thank you so much for your kind review. I am truly grateful to have been part of the story...

Keith · Married on 08/06/2017

The Innkeeper Ingrid was awesome! She is very friendly and was super flexible with scheduling. We sprang the date on her kind of last minute but was extremely accommodating. The Covered Bridge Inn is a fantastic venue, and seriously inexpensive given it's proximity to the beach. We did not stay at the Inn but we were given a tour and it is well maintained and has some great upgrades in the rooms! They have a good deal of open land for outdoors, or the massive barn out back which is where we had our ceremony. We had to do minimal decorating because the barn has a beautiful vintage feel to it with the doors for the altar and the numerous props Ingrid has available.

Sent on 10/10/2017
    Covered Bridge Inn 23
    Covered Bridge Inn 24

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Thank you Keith! Your wedding was gorgeous. So gorgeous that I chose the photos from your beautiful group to highlight the venue in my magazine ads for the year. PLUS your wedding gave me confidence that the barn is comfortable for wedding celebrations in August. Isn't it amazing how our farming ancestors knew how to keep cows comofortable in the summer. (Thanks Pop-Pop!) I am happy to be accommodating, especially when I learn so much from my experiences. Best wishes to you and Danielle.