Covered Bridge Inn Reviews

Covered Bridge Inn 7
  • Jackie

Jackie Rae Miller · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Perfect Intimate Venue

The Covered Bridge Inn is so beautiful and creates an intimate vibe for a large wedding. I fell in love with the venue immediately and Ingrid was amazing through the whole process. We did the wedding weekend and it was absolutely perfect to have everything in once place. The barn is stunning before you bring in any decor. I wish we could do the whole day over again and I wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 05/22/2019

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Jackie - you are the BEST! Thank you so much for your kind review, your gorgeous wedding, and for bringing the Ocean City club life to the farm! What an amazing group of people and an absolutely unforgettable wedding weekend. The entire process was a breeze, completely enjoyable, and I would LOVE a repeat. I'm gonna bring the farm crowd to Secrets and see if we can hang!

Kierstin Melnick-Childers · Married on 06/21/2019

A Dream Come True

We had our wedding at the Covered Bridge Inn in June of 2019 and it was the best day ever at the best place ever. Ingrid is so wonderful & the venue is stunning. I am so happy we were able to have our special day at such an amazing place! Worth every penny. Definitely recommend booking!! You will not regret it. ❤️

Sent on 09/18/2019
    Covered Bridge Inn 16
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 06/08/2019

Perfection

From our very first encounter with innkeeper Ingrid her services were phenomenal. Our parents came with us for the initial venue tour and we all loved it so much that we honestly didn’t look anywhere else. We were one and done when it came to deciding. Ingrid is not only very warm and friendly but her professionalism is out of this world. She was helpful in choosing our wedding team and always had recommendations when they were needed. Her response turn around time is almost instantaneous and no question goes unanswered. When it came time for our wedding day, I didn’t have to lift a finger. I relaxed in the inn with my girls while we got hair and makeup done and before I knew it it was time for me to walk down the isle. My wedding was perfect and our guest had the best time. If you’re looking for superb service and the wedding of a lifetime then look no further. 100% worth every penny and the fact that you get the venue all weekend and it sleeps 10 is just the icing on the cake. Very highly recommended!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Kayla!! Thank you so much for your amazing review!! I really enjoyed getting to know you during our year of planning, and thoroughly enjoyed every part of your wedding weekend. Taco Truck and Margaritas!! You and Mike are adorable and I wish you and your family a lifetime of happiness. Come back and see me soon.
  • Paige

Paige Jalot · Married on 06/01/2019

Best Day Ever

My husband and I were recently married on June 1, 2019 at The Covered Bridge Inn. The absolute best day of my life spent with my favorite people at a venue that couldnt suite our laid back personalities better. Every aspect of the venue is beautiful in its own natural way. We were able to add our special touch with florals, candles, and wood accents which helped bring everything to life. It turned out to be so much better than I ever imagined.

I can't say enough good things about the staff at The Covered Bridge Inn, the Inn Keeper, Ingrid was a crucial part to the whole experience. She seemed to always be there whenever she was needed. On the big day I was busy getting ready, she was there to answer all the difficult questions and made sure everyone knew what they should be doing. Without her, we wouldn't have been able to relax and just enjoy the experience nearly as much as we did.

Thank you, Ingrid and staff. We are forever grateful and would recommend the wedding weekend to anyone who is questioning it!

The Wilson's ❤

Sent on 06/18/2019
    Covered Bridge Inn 17
    Covered Bridge Inn 18

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Paige - thank you so much for you kind and thoughtful review! Your design was breathtaking. I can't wait for the photos of the tables... Those candles!!!! Your wedding was surrounded by laughter and joy, from beginning to end, from all generations of family and friends. The little ones really made this one special for me. Who knew I could effect a young life so much with a simple golf cart ride. My heart melted. Best Wishes to you and Dave. You are beautiful people with equally beautiful souls.

Chelsey Arseneau · Married on 05/18/2019

Most beautiful venue

My husband and I had the PLEASURE of getting married on May 18th, 2019 at The Covered Bridge Inn. The process leading up to our special day was seamless due to Ingrid’s experience, responsiveness, and kind nature to make everything as perfect as possible. Ingrid is one of the most special people that we have ever had the honor to know, or work with. Our wedding was the most beautiful day; however, we did have an unexpected event that occurred when my father collapsed on the dance due to a cardiac episode. Ingrid’s ability to act quickly and diligently (in a situation that she has never experienced before) allowed my husband and I to privately have the time with our family to manage the situation, while Ingrid managed our guests and vendors, somehow still keeping the party going. My husband and I were able to re-join our guests after ensuring that my dad was going to be alright, and we owe that all to Ingrid. Our wedding weekend was one that we will never forget due to the gorgeous venue, amazing staff, and five star accommodations. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for not just a wedding day, but a full wedding weekend experience.

Sent on 07/20/2019

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

It is a rare thing to be in the presence of true Grace. Chelsea Arseneau, you are one in a million. Your beauty and kindness know no bounds. I wish you and your wonderful family a lifetime of health and happiness. Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm speechless, and a little choked up. I had to break out the tissue box when I received your wedding video. Here we go again...

Rachel Hicken · Married on 05/11/2019

Ingrid is the tits!

Ingrid and the Covered Bridge Inn as a venue is amazing. My husband and I used the list of vendors recommended and had the best catering/photographer/flowers. Ingrid was able to coordinate with all these vendors and let my husband and I relax the entire week of the wedding. If there was a problem we never even heard about it. The weekend we spent at the Covered Bridge Inn was nothing short of perfect and we owe it all the Ingrid and our other incredible vendors.

Sent on 06/03/2019
    Covered Bridge Inn 19
    Covered Bridge Inn 20

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Rachel!!! How was your amazing honeymoon all over the globe?!? I saw some photos and smiled knowing that this amazing couple is doing it RIGHT, and no one deserves it more. Thank you so much for your kind review, and I will forever and proudly flaunt my new title as "The Tits". Love you guys.

Maryanne · Married on 04/20/2019

A wonderful wedding at covered bridge inn.

Ingrid was wonderful to work with, a perfect venue. Despite morning rain, we were able to have the ceremony at the bridge, beautiful. The barn was so special, decorated with candles, flowers & driftwood. Everyone had a great time.

Sent on 05/04/2019

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Thank you for the kind review Maryanne!! I had such a wonderful time planning the wedding with Erin & Ethan. It was an epic team of vendors, and extraordinary couple, and the families were the cherry on top. There are some really special photos coming in from this wedding, I can't wait to share!!!

Mary Lou Warren · Married on 04/06/2019

Awesome wedding venue!

My daughter & son-in-law got married at the Covered Bridge last weekend. Luckily, the weather was on our side that day & they had an absolutely beautiful outside ceremony! Can't wait to see the pictures! From the first day they met Ingrid, she made them feel very relaxed. Her recommendations for vendors are excellent & everything ran so smoothly because they all worked well together. The barn & grounds provide so many options & Ingrid has many props available to decorate the barn . We were also able to hold the rehearsal dinner there. The bridal party had a wonderful time staying at the inn all weekend ! I can't imagine a better or more fitting venue for them. Ingrid has a gift for making the bride & groom & their families feel very special.

Sent on 04/12/2019

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Mary Lou - I can't thank you enough for your kind review! Jackie and Dustin were an ideal match for the farm, and no two people are more deserving of Mother Nature's sunshine in April. I was surrounded by kind and loving people, warm weather, delicious food, and dancing the night away. Perfection.
  • Jacki

Jacki · Married on 04/06/2019

Everything we expected and more!!!

Ingrid and the venue were perfect fits from the beginning. Once we began to plan our wedding with Ingrid, it was immediately clear that our only concern was going to be the weather. Ingrid was always available and extremely helpful through our whole process. She gave recommendations for all types of vendors but was also able to help us stay within our budget! I would highly recommend this beautiful venue and incredible Innkeeper to anyone.

Sent on 04/14/2019

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Jackie- Thank you so much!! I still can't find the right words to describe how perfect your weekend was, so I'll share 2 of my favorite moments... 1. At breakfast on Saturday with unbridled laughter from your girls. "Who needs to get married today, let's just do this all day!" 2. Your shoulder shimmy intro to the wedding with Thunderstruck, followed by the sweetest first dance in history. At that point, holding back tears was not possible.

Jane · Married on 11/10/2018

Wedding of our Dreams

Our wedding was a dream come true at the Covered Bridge Inn. From the moment we stepped onto the property to tour, our experience with the innkeeper, Ingrid, was seamless. She has an extraordinary attention to detail and worked with us to achieve the wedding of our dreams. We truly enjoyed having the property "as our own" for the weekend and utilized every inch of it! From the reception barn to the milking parlor to the beautiful inn, our wedding weekend was perfect. It's incredibly nice to stay in one location starting from the rehearsal dinner through the ceremony and reception and ending with the morning-after brunch. Less time for traveling between locations and more time enjoying the celebration. I would redo our wedding over and over again at the Covered Bridge Inn and would recommend it to any bride and groom looking for a venue that is versatile, flexible and comfortable. Thank you Ingrid :-)

Sent on 11/27/2018

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Thank you Jane for this stunning review! Your wedding was the perfect wrap to our season, the "cherry on top". Perfect from start to finish. Every vendor, every family member, every morsel of food, even the dog.... perfect and timeless. Yes

Kate · Married on 11/03/2018

Just beautiful!

We found out about the Covered Bridge Inn through word of mouth shortly after Ingrid transformed a portion of her family farm into this gorgeous venue. We set up an appointment and toured the grounds, and knew immediately that it was the venue for us, not only because the grounds are just stunning but also because Ingrid was so helpful and clearly devoted to making our day perfect for us--and that she did. Ingrid was attentive and thoughtful, she stayed in the background most of the day of but somehow popped up just when we needed her. She paid attention to detail and compensated in areas that lacked (for example my florist forgot to make our aisle flower pieces and Ingrid improvised, without request, by adding beautiful holly bushels to the end of each aisle). Not to mention the abundant and delicious breakfast she provided for the bridesmaids the morning of the wedding and her assistance in setting up the ceremony and reception. In addition to the amazing Ingrid, the venue is just perfect. It provided a romantic, moody and rustic feel--perfect for a casual but sexy wedding space. We also held our rehearsal dinner at the venue in the dairy barn (a first I believe) and I couldn't get over the romance and intimacy the space provided! The room still has the original white metal dairy stalls that add an antique touch. We added to the space by lining the room with wooden harvest tables garnished with sage and white pumpkins. Votive candles, brass candlesticks and a string of Tuscan lights provided warm light. Add Italian catering and red wine to top it off. This is just to show you how amazing the venue is and how you can make it special for your day. I can't say enough good things about Ingrid and her venue. If a rustic, yet romantic feel, with freedom to make it your own is what you're looking for, this is a great option for you.

Sent on 12/10/2018

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Kate - Thank you so much for this jaw dropping review. I may have brought the commitment and attention, but you, undoubtedly, brought the sexy! Your design was exquisite and your love for each other was heart stopping. I was just along for the ride, grateful to be part of your story, and over the moon that you found me!! You are an inspiration, putting on an event that will be carved in stone at The Covered Bridge Inn, just weeks after passing the Bar Exam. If there is every anything you need, please don't hesitate. And if I ever need legal representation, you can bet I'll be calling you ;-).
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 10/06/2018

Our wedding weekend

Amazing and beautiful venue! The wedding weekend is a must have and a bride’s best friend. Ingrid is amazing and becomes like family, ensuring everything goes smoothly. The wedding experience there is so fun and care free!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Amanda, I miss you! You are just overflowing with kindness and a very rare soul. Thank you for all you did to make me feel special (that is supposed to me my job!). We laughed so much together at the end of your night. Full belly laughs that will live in my heart forever, and we will NOT mention the "hot" topics that triggered the unbridled laughter. I hope to see you again Amanda.

Danielle · Married on 09/15/2018

The Covered Bridge Inn will forever be the backdrop to the fairytale wedding of our dreams! This venue is classically beautiful in all its history and simplicity that you can feel in your bones as you take in the scenery. Ingrid is truely amazing and held our hands every step of the way ensuring our comfortablilty and confidence leading up to our wedding (during a hurricane warning) through the next day when we shared an amazing homemade frenchtoast breakfast. The amount of hats she chooses to wear, and how well she wears them well shows how much she cares about the people who stay at the Inn and the experience of all guests that are welcomed along with the event. This venue also boasts 4 bedrooms that we were able to stay in for the weekend with some of our close friends and fully enjoy the feel of home during what could have been a very stressful time. We will forever be humbled and greatful for our experience here for our wedding weekend.

Sent on 09/25/2018
    Covered Bridge Inn 25
    Covered Bridge Inn 26
    Covered Bridge Inn 27

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Danielle - you provided me with my most memorable experience to date. Late that evening, as I was doing clean up duty and all souls had moved on for the night, I look up to find you and Robb, locked in an embrace, professing your love for each other, and feeling the tidal wave of emotion that comes along with end of a wedding. It was a moment you shared privately, but I will never forget that fleeting glimpse of love. When someone asks if I like what I do, the vision of you two will pop into my mind, and I will simply nod and smile.
    Thank You. For Everything.

Madison · Married on 08/25/2018

Our experience at the Covered Bridge Inn was absolutely incredible!!!! Ingrid couldn’t have been a better help. She made everything run completely smooth on our big day and the month prior by letting us have access to the farm and to finish up planning. Breakfast was delicious, each morning we were served something different. All of our guests were blown away by the venue, they were completely taken back by the beauty of the whole farm. Ingrid truely treated us like family and we will be eternally greatful for her making our day the best day of our lives. Obviously you could say we would HIGHLY recommend this venue not only for its beauty but for its high end service as well!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

My beautiful Madison!! Thank you so much for your kind words, your smile, your warm heart, and your poor feet! I will never forget that moment of relief when we changed you into those white flip flops. Pure relief and happiness as I watched you settle into the arms of your new husband on the dance floor. You two are glowing in love and I'm grateful that I was able to be a small part of that. Stay in touch.... I can't wait for your photography!!
  • Johanna

Johanna · Married on 08/18/2018

I cannot speak more highly of the Covered Bridge Inn and the wedding weekend. The Covered Bridge is the absolute perfect wedding venue! There is so much space that allows you to essentially design the look and feel of the ceremony and the reception. You have the flexibility to make it exactly as you want. Having the venue for the weekend allowed for plenty of time for set up and allowed for us to have a welcome reception for all of the guests that were in from out of town. The Bed and Breakfast is incredibly comfortable and inviting and having access to it allowed for hair and makeup to come onsite to make the day less hectic and stress free. Ingrid, the owner/innkeeper/event coordinator, made the entire experience from start to finish SO easy! This is only her second wedding season and you would think she has been doing this for decades with how seamless the whole process was. All of our guests were blown away by the venue and the weekend as a whole. I would easily recommend this venue to anyone as they would not be disappointed. It was the perfect wedding weekend and I have the Covered Bridge and Ingrid to thank for that!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Thank you Johanna!!! Your wedding was so much fun. From beginning to end. The Grottos rehearsal dinner, large gathering of very colorful people from all walks of life, my new bff DJ from Philly, the expansive layout with no seating chart, the best food ever from Bethany Blues, the tent in the courtyard, and the buses at the end of the night for 200 people! How in the world did all of that go so smoothly???? The answer is YOU! You and Andy are the most laid back, fun loving, hard working, and respectful people that I've met. I am finding myself referencing your wedding to my current tours - thought you'd like to know that. Thanks for everything.

Rachel · Married on 08/11/2018

The Covered Bridge Inn is the best venue in the state of Delaware! You will not find a better innkeeper than Ingrid Hopkins. She gives you a completely stress free and lovely weekend. There is not a bad picture spot on the property and everything is extremely clean.

Sent on 08/13/2018

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Rachel - Your family will live in my heart forever. It was a very healing weekend. Thank you for the beautiful arbor that was donated to the Inn! It is the perfect compliment to the farm and will be cherished. I look forward to each and every family party that will be held here in the future. Gratefully - Innkeeper Ingrid

judy · Married on 07/28/2018

Highly recommend. Our daughters wedding here was simply amazing and unforgettable .

Sent on 08/03/2018

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Thank you Judy! It was my lucky day when Kelly walked through my door. It was wonderful to see you beaming with pride and love for your daughter.
  • Kelly

Kelly Waddell · Married on 07/28/2018

Best Venue ever!! Magical experience!

The Covered Bridge Inn is amazing! We got married in July. The heat didn’t stop us. Everything was perfect thanks to THE MOST AMAZING wedding planner, Nikki Chambers with Elevee Events. If you want your wedding to go absolutely perfect with no stress, Nikki is your girl!! She’s bomb and goes above and beyond. Ingrid, the owner of CBI was so awesome and accommodating. She made us feel at home for our wedding weekend. We even had our dog (child) stay with us at the inn and be apart of our special day. The weekend at CBI for our wedding was a weekend to never forget. It was everything I dreamed of. Thank you Ingrid and Nikki. CBI holds a special place in our hearts.

Love Kelly and Dalton Waddell and Zoey (woof woof)

Sent on 12/19/2018

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Kelly - I can't thank you enough for this wonderful review. I loved working with you and Nikki. You two transformed my barn into a fairy tale, and your beauty will forever grace the front page of my business. Thank you for bringing your special day to the farm. It was perfect, beginning to end.

Cody · Married on 07/21/2018

This Venue is amazing and magical! The Inn keeper and staff make the wedding process and day of set up a walk in the park. I will recommend this venue to any one looking for a venue for their BiG day!

Sent on 07/29/2018

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Thank you Cody! You and Donna made the most out of this venue for 3 days!! Your wedding has inspired me to promote the extended venue rental to all of my couples - it was so nice! Fun, relaxing, and time well spent with family and friends. Your patience with mother nature created calmness among all of your family, friends, and vendors. Thanks you for showing everyone the unquestionable love and true meaning of the wedding experience, and rocking out to a fantastic band!

Michele · Married on 07/07/2018

Thank you, Ingrid, for an absolutely perfect wedding weekend at the Covered Bridge Inn! Our daughter Ashley’s wedding was beyond wonderful, from the rehearsal Friday night, to the stay in the inn, to the magical ceremony/reception on Saturday. Your entire property- the covered bridge, the inn, the renovated barn, and the surrounding farm- is beautiful beyond words. I will surely recommend your venue (and already have many times) to anyone I know who is planning a special event. Our family now has many wonderful wedding memories that we will treasure always! Thank you for all of your help in making Ashley and Charlie’s wedding weekend an experience we will never forget!

Sent on 07/18/2018
    Covered Bridge Inn 28
    Covered Bridge Inn 29
    Covered Bridge Inn 30
    Covered Bridge Inn 31
    Covered Bridge Inn 32

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Michele - Thank you so much for your kind review. Ashley's wedding was perfection, start to finish. The weather, the decor, the people, the music.... you saw that every little detail was attended to, with a smile to share every step of the way. You are a one-of-a-kind MOB!

Mehan · Married on 06/30/2018

We had a wonderful experience hosting our wedding at the Covered Bridge Inn. We were able to have the rehearsal dinner there, do hair and make up the day of the wedding in the Inn, held a backyard ceremony, and used the barn for the reception. Everything was perfect.

Sent on 09/23/2018

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Thank you Megan!! You and Peyton are a timeless, classic couple that turn heads wherever you go, and the perfect compliment to our farm. We were beyond lucky that you found us. Health, happiness, and forever is meant for couples like you.

Ashley · Married on 06/23/2018

Booking this venue back in 2016 for our 2018 there was lots of things that were unsure. But over the years Ingrid made this venue amazing! We loved everything about or weeding weekend from the time we arrived to the time we left she was wonderful! Had last minute things handy when needed and was great with helping us decide what to do if it rained. Thank you again for you wonderful hard work and making our day amazing ! ~Cody and Ashley Lednum

Sent on 06/21/2018

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Thank you so much Ashley!! I can't believe how much has happened in the 2 years since we met. You booked my venue when I still had a dirt floor!! It was a pleasure working with you and your growing family. Best wishes to you and Cody for a long and prosperous union.

Ryan · Married on 06/23/2018

The Wedding Weekend was an amazing experience. My wife and I loved having our rehearsal dinner at the barn on Friday night. The reception couldn't have turned out any better, everyone of our guests complemented us on our choice. The next morning we were able to sleep in, and then have coffee on the front porch as Ingrid finished cooking a wonderful breakfast. Ingrid is easy to reach at all times, and is a wonderful venue/Inn host!

I wish we could do it all over again!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

Ryan and Andie - How can I possibly express my gratitude. Thank you just doesn't cut it, not even close. You have a beautiful future ahead of you and I'm glad to be your neighbor and your friend. Have an amazing time in Jamaica!

Dana · Married on 06/02/2018

Our experience at the Covered Bridge Inn for our Wedding Weekend exceeded our expectations and was nothing less than perfect! Ingrid (the Innkeeper/Owner) and her entire staff are truly amazing. Their attention to detail along with ensuring your needs are met made our entire wedding experience easy going. I can not recommend this venue enough to friends and others who are looking for a beautiful venue along with the generosity Ingrid and her staff offer. You can not go wrong and I wish we could relive this day over and over again!

Sent on 07/11/2018

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

DANA!! Your beauty and style made this farm look like a movie set. Since your wedding day, I have seen your dress in EVERY wedding magazine and blog out there. You were the first to own that! All of the details, perfection. Yes.... I danced the night away with reckless abandon, but that band was so awesome!! I'd be willing to bet that we will relive your wedding day. It will be noticed and published. Mark my words!

Justen · Married on 05/19/2018

One word can sum up this venue and it is STUNNING. The Covered Bridge Inn (CBI) offers some of the most amazing photo opportunities of any wedding venue in the area. Ingrid, the Inn Keeper is wonderful. She kept everything during the wedding running smoothly, helped out in every way possible, and even when unplanned events like "farm flooding" because of unheard of amounts of rain she was there with a plan! We booked almost a year and a half out and I was in contact with her monthly with questions, concerns, and asking for advice. She responded quickly every time. She allows your to visit the venue with possible vendors and tour facility whenever works for everyone.

When we first met for our initial visit we debated the single day wedding or the wedding weekend. We decided to go with the wedding weekend and it would have been impossible to do a single day wedding. With the wedding weekend, you have full range of the entire venue and Inn from 3:00 p.m. on Friday until 11:00 a.m. on Sunday. We were able to hold our rehearsal dinner in the barn and that enabled us to set up for the ceremony as well. There is no way that one could do a single day wedding, have all your deliveries there in time, decorate the entire barn, get ready, have a ceremony, tear down everything, and have your delivery companies return and be completely out of the barn by 11:00 p.m. The "Wedding Weekend" package is an absolute no brainer! I would HIGHLY recommend the Covered Bridge Inn and "Wedding Weekend". Even with the rain, we could not have asked for a better wedding, and we are truly blessed! I hope everyone has the same experience at the CBI. The picture attached was taken by Ingrid the Inn Keeper from her cell phone. Unedited, and even with record amounts of rain we were able to get this amazing shot at sunset! WHAT A VENUE!

Sent on 05/22/2018
    Covered Bridge Inn 33

Covered Bridge Inn's reply:

I'm speechless. I cannot find the right words.... and anyone who knows me, knows that is a very rare occurrence. Actually, maybe it isn't that I can't find the right words. Maybe, there just aren't enough words to describe my gratitude toward your and my admiration for your families. So I'm just gonna keep this simple. Thank You, from the bottom of my heart.
    Innkeeper Ingrid