22 Reviews for Covered Bridge Inn

Parking (2)
Wheelchair Access (2)
Shuttle (1)
22 Covered Bridge Inn Reviews

The Covered Bridge Inn is the best venue in the state of Delaware! You will not find a better innkeeper than Ingrid Hopkins. She gives you a completely stress free and lovely weekend. There is not a bad picture spot on the property and everything is extremely clean.

Profile Picture Rachel, 8/11/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Highly recommend. Our daughters wedding here was simply amazing and unforgettable .

Profile Picture judy, 7/28/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Outside Vendors, Pet Friendly, Wireless Internet

This Venue is amazing and magical! The Inn keeper and staff make the wedding process and day of set up a walk in the park. I will recommend this venue to any one looking for a venue for their BiG day!

Profile Picture Cody, 7/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thank you, Ingrid, for an absolutely perfect wedding weekend at the Covered Bridge Inn! Our daughter Ashley’s wedding was beyond wonderful, from the rehearsal Friday night, to the stay in the inn, to the magical ceremony/reception on Saturday. Your entire property- the covered bridge, the inn, the renovated barn, and the surrounding farm- is beautiful beyond words. I will surely recommend your venue (and already have many times) to anyone I know who is planning a special event. Our family now has many wonderful wedding memories that we will treasure always! Thank you for all of your help in making Ashley and Charlie’s wedding weekend an experience we will never forget!

Profile Picture Michele, 7/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Booking this venue back in 2016 for our 2018 there was lots of things that were unsure. But over the years Ingrid made this venue amazing! We loved everything about or weeding weekend from the time we arrived to the time we left she was wonderful! Had last minute things handy when needed and was great with helping us decide what to do if it rained. Thank you again for you wonderful hard work and making our day amazing ! ~Cody and Ashley Lednum

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/23/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Covered Outdoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Outside Vendors, Wireless Internet

The Wedding Weekend was an amazing experience. My wife and I loved having our rehearsal dinner at the barn on Friday night. The reception couldn't have turned out any better, everyone of our guests complemented us on our choice. The next morning we were able to sleep in, and then have coffee on the front porch as Ingrid finished cooking a wonderful breakfast. Ingrid is easy to reach at all times, and is a wonderful venue/Inn host!

I wish we could do it all over again!

Profile Picture Ryan, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

One word can sum up this venue and it is STUNNING. The Covered Bridge Inn (CBI) offers some of the most amazing photo opportunities of any wedding venue in the area. Ingrid, the Inn Keeper is wonderful. She kept everything during the wedding running smoothly, helped out in every way possible, and even when unplanned events like "farm flooding" because of unheard of amounts of rain she was there with a plan! We booked almost a year and a half out and I was in contact with her monthly with questions, concerns, and asking for advice. She responded quickly every time. She allows your to visit the venue with possible vendors and tour facility whenever works for everyone.

When we first met for our initial visit we debated the single day wedding or the wedding weekend. We decided to go with the wedding weekend and it would have been impossible to do a single day wedding. With the wedding weekend, you have full range of the entire venue and Inn from 3:00 p.m. on Friday until 11:00 a.m. on Sunday. We were able to hold our rehearsal dinner in the barn and that enabled us to set up for the ceremony as well. There is no way that one could do a single day wedding, have all your deliveries there in time, decorate the entire barn, get ready, have a ceremony, tear down everything, and have your delivery companies return and be completely out of the barn by 11:00 p.m. The "Wedding Weekend" package is an absolute no brainer! I would HIGHLY recommend the Covered Bridge Inn and "Wedding Weekend". Even with the rain, we could not have asked for a better wedding, and we are truly blessed! I hope everyone has the same experience at the CBI. The picture attached was taken by Ingrid the Inn Keeper from her cell phone. Unedited, and even with record amounts of rain we were able to get this amazing shot at sunset! WHAT A VENUE!

Photo for Covered Bridge Inn Review - Add a comment...
Profile Picture Justen, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My fiancé and I booked our May 5, 2018 wedding at the Covered Bridge Inn when they were just beginning as a wedding venue. As a bride without a planner I did all of the correspondence and planning myself and was extremely appreciative of the immediate responses and flexibility of the owner. Since we first signed there have been several great additions to the site including a chandeliers, a day of coordinator, a man cave and heating units for the barn. Ingrid has also done an amazing job with the Inn where the wedding party can stay during their event and wake up to a delicious home cooked breakfast. Compared to many other venue locations, this one is quiet and serene but located within a short distance to the beaches which many of my guests enjoyed during our wedding weekend. While the venue does require you to rent tables, chairs, dinnerware and choose all of your vendors, this gives you more flexibility in pricing and options to select exactly what you want. If you trust the owner's judgement with your selections you can't go wrong. Ingrid even took some flowers off of her own table on the day of the wedding when my lanterns were too heavy for the shepherd's hooks that lined the ceremony isle! Trust me when I say you can put your trust in this venue for an amazing wedding for both you and your guests!

Profile Picture Tricia, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

As mother of the bride, I have to say how pleased I was with The Covered Bridge Inn. Ingrid did a fantastic job. She was there anytime you had a question or an idea. This is my second wedding in six months and I can say WOW, I loved the people we worked with, the property, and everything during our wedding preparations. What a difference it makes to have the weekend to set up and tear down. We did not have to worry about another event during our weekend. The rehearsal was done on the property and set up was done early. Elderly could stay at the Inn and retire when needed and the rest of the family could continue to party. As the Inn progresses and continually improves and adds to the venue, I can say without hesitation you will not go wrong with the decision to do your special event at the Covered Bridge Inn. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for your help every step of the way. I know my daughter was more than pleased. We all were. You are a special lady with a great venue that I can see will only improve with time. You made our special day the BEST.

Profile Picture Kathy, 5/5/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue truly made our wedding top notch. Ingrid, did everything to make sure our day was perfect. The ability to stay the weekend at the inn allowed us to fully prepare decorations and the setup. All I heard throughout the night was how beautiful the venue was. Our guests enjoyed playing cornhole during cocktail hour. There is a fire pit as well, we were alittle disappointed it was not going for our wedding because our guests kept asking for it. All together this venue was everything we could have asked for. Since it is a bed and breakfast as well, it allows for you to come back and stay for your anniversaries!

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

As the parents of the bride, we can not say enough about this venue. It was over the top. If there were a way to give more than 5 stars, we would. From moment we toured the property, we knew our daughter would choose it as her venue for her wedding. As soon as the contract was signed, we found that with every step along the planning process, that Ingrid was with us. The weekend of the wedding could not have gone smoother and the wedding went off without even the slightest hiccup. Having the availability to have the venue for not just one day but the entire weekend made all the difference. It enabled us to really enjoy this exciting moment in her life. She was able to stay with all her girls at the venue the night before and she was well cared for right up until the lights went out in the barn after she left for her honeymoon.
Thank you Ingrid and The Covered Bridge Inn for giving our daughter an experience of a lifetime and one she will never forget. It really was the day she had dreamed it would be, and we couldn't be happier.

The Gordon's
Ron and Mindy

Profile Picture Merenda, 4/22/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

The Covered Bridge Inn provided the most wonderful wedding venue-more than I could have ever imagined! My husband and I had a long distance relationship through dating and engagement so we decided to have a short engagement and have a small family wedding. I had found the Covered Bridge Inn when looking at wedding venues in the area and knew I wanted to get married there. I contacted Ingrid and her weekends were booked, but I asked if she would consider my family renting out the inn for two nights and having a weekday wedding and she was excited at the opportunity. We had an intimate family wedding and then a special dinner in the dining room! It was absolutely beautiful! The inn and grounds are gorgeous and made for beautiful wedding photos we will always cherish! Ingrid is the absolute best! The whole experience was more than I could have ever imagined! She was so easy to communicate with and even set us up with our photographer and caterer. We could never thank her enough for making our wedding experience so special. I highly recommend this venue to everyone I talk to! It was an amazing experience and with Ingrid such an excellent communicator and coordinator there was no wedding stress everything went perfectly!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 11/2/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Accommodations, Wireless Internet, Uncovered Outdoor

I couldn't have asked for anything more on our special day. Ingrid an her staff accommodated our entire wedding party and our family members the entire wedding weekend. Every one was relaxed. Everything was organized, all rooms are decorated beautifully. Sitting room with fireplace very relaxing. Breakfast every morning was amazing. All around everything was completely perfect. Not to mention you are close to Lewes, Rehoboth for any last minute things you made have forgotten.

Profile Picture BreAnna, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I highly recommend the covered bridge inn for a wedding! This place is magical plus there are so many cool spots for pictures❤️

Profile Picture Taryn, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Covered Bridge Inn is truly a breath taking venue. Ingrid , the owner truly goes out of her way to accommodate your every need., making sure that all is perfect for the special day. The Inn is absolutely gorgeous with its rustic, original, farmhouse charm, and the covered bridge is truly a one of a kind for beautiful outdoor ceremonies. The Covered Bridge Inn is truly a gorgeous, one of a kind venue with such intimacy and a truly beautiful facility for such a special day. I was treated as family from the moment I stepped foot on the property and was welcomed with such open arms by Ingrid and her wonderful staff. This venue is truly one of a kind, beautifully rustic barn venue that will truly wow your guest.

Profile Picture Paige, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough about Ingrid and the Covered Bridge Inn. You know how everyone keeps saying "it will fly by in the blink of an eye". My fiancé and I were really trying to find a way to spend quality time with the people we love the most. The Covered Bridge Inn is realy what allowed us to do this. We had the rehearsal Thursday on the grounds, a beach party on Friday, the wedding Saturday, and a breakfast on the grounds on Sunday morning (not to mention a personal hot breakfast each morning for my guests who stayed in the Inn!). I was able to stay at the Inn with all of my bridesmaids the entire time which was so important to me. And beyond that, Ingrid's hospilaty is like none other. She is so welcoming and accommodating. You want for nothing when you stay with her. For example, my room did not have a ceiling hook for my dress. I was gone for maybe 1 hour and when I returned, she had placed one in the room for me!! Ingrid pays attention to every small detail and that is really what made the difference. Not to mention the incredible setting with the actual Covered Bridge and barn. I can't recommend the Covered Bridge Inn enough!

Photo for Covered Bridge Inn Review - Courtesy of jnicolephotography
Profile Picture Lauren, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)

The venue is to die for... the rooms with their decor are right out of a magazine. Our pictures will be treasured forever due to stunning backdrop, the barn, the farm house, the bridge... all were amazing. The Inn Keeper Ingrid even helped me with a last minute HELP my veil needs another Bobby pin right before I walked dow. The aisle she ran and got me one and pinned it. Had a wonderful experience, this venue is in my opinion going to be the most sought after wedding venue in all of DE. Best of luck for years to come. Oh- and dog friendly!!

Profile Picture Liz, 9/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What an amazing venue! The inn is spectacular and Ingrid could not have been more accommodating! She has lots of great "props" already there, along with the natural beauty of the barn made decorating simple and easy! Having an outdoor area for yard games and cocktail hour is perfect for the guest. We even had the Hopkins dairy truck there for ice cream after the cake! I would HIGHLY recommend this venue if you are looking for a romantic setting. So many great places for pictures! You can make it country rustic to country chic! Whatever your theme it can work here!! LOVE COVERED BRIDGE INN

Photo for Covered Bridge Inn Review - Looking through the bridge
Photo for Covered Bridge Inn Review - Beautiful for sunset pics
Photo for Covered Bridge Inn Review - Gotta have Hopkins Ice Cream
Profile Picture Jill, 8/13/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Wireless Internet, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor

The Innkeeper Ingrid was awesome! She is very friendly and was super flexible with scheduling. We sprang the date on her kind of last minute but was extremely accommodating. The Covered Bridge Inn is a fantastic venue, and seriously inexpensive given it's proximity to the beach. We did not stay at the Inn but we were given a tour and it is well maintained and has some great upgrades in the rooms! They have a good deal of open land for outdoors, or the massive barn out back which is where we had our ceremony. We had to do minimal decorating because the barn has a beautiful vintage feel to it with the doors for the altar and the numerous props Ingrid has available.

Profile Picture Keith, 8/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We can't say enough great things about The Covered Bridge Inn! As both a wedding venue and a bed & breakfast, it exceeded our expectations. Ingrid helped make our wedding weekend amazing! My family stayed at the Inn and everyone has been raving about it since - from the delicious breakfasts, to ice cream any time of day/night, to how accommodating Ingrid is for anything you may need. The bedding was one of my favorite parts, too!
Our wedding day turned out to be very rainy and chilly, so our vision of being married by the bridge was changed last-minute to inside the barn - and it was perfect! Our guests thought it was the plan all along. Ingrid & her team seamlessly set up for our ceremony inside, and checked with us throughout the process to be sure we agreed with the setup. The barn looked amazing!
One of the best parts about having our wedding here is that we plan to come back & stay for our anniversaries - how perfect is that?! We highly recommend the Covered Bridge Inn!

Profile Picture Ann Marie, 4/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Pet Friendly, Wireless Internet, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor

My husband and I, along with our wedding party, stayed at the Covered Bridge Inn for our wedding weekend. To say our stay was perfect would be an understatement. 5 stars can't capture all that Ingrid did to make our special weekend amazing. Leading up to our special day, Ingrid was in contact with us at the perfect times and made me feel so reassured. I knew that we had nothing to worry about with our stay (which for me means a lot because I am great at worrying!) From the moment we walked in the door, all of our stress and worries melted away. The details that Ingrid incorporated were phenomenal and made us feel so incredibly special. From champagne, to copies of the newspapers relating to our wedding, to the most delicious snacks and breakfasts, to the decorations we would come home to, to the best happy hour ice cream ever - it was all beyond amazing and wonderful!! Ingrid literally thought of everything and made our wedding so special and memorable. Words cannot express how much we appreciate Ingrid and her kindness and talent. We will never forget our wedding weekend and everything Ingrid did to make it so magical!! We can't wait to spend our anniversaries at the Covered Bridge Inn! With gratitude, Lea & Chris

Profile Picture Lea, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)