58 Reviews for Covenant Child Productions

Consultation (7)
Do-Not-Play List (6)
Uplighting (3)
Liability Insurance (1)

We had Covenant Child Productions DJ for our wedding ceremony & reception and the experience was outstanding. From initial contact he was extremely helpful in organizing a playlist that would fit our taste. All the preparations he took on the front end definitely showed on our big day. The mix was great and was exactly what we needed for our diverse crowd. Overall his service from start to finish was impeccable.

Profile Picture Patrick, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Maurice was such a pleasure working with! He was always one step ahead of us asking all the right questions and preparing for our Big day before even being asked to do so! You definitely won’t e disappointed booking him.

Profile Picture Jenna, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

From our church ceremony to wedding reception, Covenant Child made our day exceptional. We did not get just a regular DJ, we also got an anointed worshiper. He played the keyboard and led the choir during the church service. It was truly a double blessing!
Working with Maurice was very easy because of his professionalism. He never imposed but encouraged us to lead in the decision making process. I was pleasantly surprised when he asked us to choose the songs for every segment of our wedding. My husband and I were able to choose songs that really spoke to us. It added to the intimacy of the whole process. When we decided to change a couple of the songs very close to our wedding day, Maurice did not mind one bit.
Here's what was really outstanding: When one of the songs we chose appeared not to be a hit and there was about to be a lull on the dance floor, Maurice quickly switched to another song that had everyone jumping and dancing the evening away. He was able to assess the situation and knew exactly what to do. That was a life-saver!

My daughter played a special violin tribute at our reception and Maurice backed her up on his keyboard. It was truly beautiful!
I can only say that Covenant Child Productions went above and beyond in making our wedding day an outstanding success.

We had fun! Our guests had fun! There was not a dull a moment.
Thank you Covenant Child Productions!

Profile Picture Uche, 5/28/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Maurice aka DJ Convenient Child was so sweet and very helpful. My now husband and I are huge procrastinators so we appreciated Maurice's expertise and ability to make it all come together with minimal help and input from us. He sent us a spread sheet to fill out and met with us over the phone to discuss expectations and vision and we basically threw some ideas at him and he made them happen. Everyone raved about how much fun the wedding was and how great the music was. He provided all the equipment and even the mic for our pastor. My husband made some last minute changes to the announcements and did a little performance all on the day of the wedding (at the wedding) and Maurice made it seamlessly happen. There were things I thought of after we talked on the phone that I wanted to tell him before the wedding that i never got the chance to because I was so busy and he did it all anyway without me even asking which showed me that his experience and knowledge about how these events should go is extremely high and he can be fully relied on. He played every song we requested and made it even better! perfection!

Profile Picture Joann , 4/14/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Maurice was fantastic to work with. He was super flexible, even responding to music changes that I made the morning of the wedding. He made sure that everyone, even my great aunts and uncles, were on the dance floor enjoying themselves all night. I appreciated that he called out dance moves at the beginning of Cupid Shuffle, Wobble, and Cotton Eyed Joe so that even those unfamiliar with the song could dance and have fun. I would strongly Maurice for any event that needs a DJ!

Profile Picture Maggie, 11/24/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Maurice did a wonderful job with music during our ceremony and reception. He was always professional and responsive throughout the planning process. Our friends and family enjoyed dancing the night away and he did a great job with any and all announcements as well. I would definitely recommend his services.

Profile Picture Kristin, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Maurice was always very professional and responsive throughout the entire process. He did a wonderful job with music and announcements during the ceremony and reception. Our friends and family danced the night away. We would highly recommend Covenant Child Productions.

Profile Picture Kristin, 10/28/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Everything was great when working with convent child productions. He was professional, very responsive and flexible. From the start with his planning tool to the wedding day everyonf was easy. I had to makw some quick changes during the reception and he was so accommodating. He even made me a special Beyonce mix!!! I would definitely recommend his sevices for any event!!

Profile Picture Courtney, 9/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ

Maurice was a fantastic DJ and has lower prices to boot! He was on time, set up while I was getting ready and kept the dance floor going all night. He's polite and courteous and all our guests thought he did a great job. He even stayed past the time we had decided on when my sister requested a last few songs. Thank you Maurice!

Profile Picture Kiah, 7/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Maurice was a pleasure to work with leading up to our wedding and did a fantastic job throughout the whole day. He took into account the multiple rooms and spaces, setting up all needed equipment and smoothly transitioned between rooms and events. Maurice had a wonderful helper, his niece, who was simply wonderful.

We provided music playlists via Spotify and Maurice took the time to work with us to narrow down what songs were "must play" songs and filled out the dance party with a combination of songs we picked and similar styled songs to what we picked. Our friends and family were not all the dancing type, but Maurice was able to build a fun dance dj set that let us all have an enjoyable evening.

Thanks Maurice for making our day just a touch more special.

Profile Picture Andrew, 7/4/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Maurice has the rare combination of being extremely courteous, responsive, helpful, and professional during the planning phases and then being able to absolutely TURN UP when DJing at the reception itself. Our wedding guests have been raving about how great the music was and how he was able to get everyone on their feet. At one point, it looked like all 130 guests were on their feet dancing and we had to open up the doors leading outside so people can spill out and dance there because the dancefloor was full. We had an unforgettable evening and Maurice played a very large role in all of that. 5/5 would recommend for any of your events!

Profile Picture Daniel, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Maurice was the absolute best - we could not have been happier with the music at our wedding! The flow of our wedding was smooth and seamless, largely thanks to Maurice's excellent music selections and MC skills. Our wedding was culturally diverse, including my husband's Nigerian family, as well as many people who'd never really heard African music before -- and yet Maurice succeeded in creating an atmosphere that was welcoming and appealing to all, and that brought everyone of all ages together! He did the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception -- he played an awesome combination of funk, r&b, soul, motown, Nigerian music, reggae, and a few select top 40 hits. The progression and flow were just perfect! Once the dance party started, it never stopped, and everyone was out there dancing together! People are still raving about how amazing the music was :) From a planning perspective, Maurice was incredibly accommodating, organized, and responsive along the way-- he took the careful time to understand our vision, ask all the right questions, and also make excellent recommendations. The collaborative worksheet he provided us made it very easy to plan out the music with him. Very early on in the planning, I remember saying that "he gets us" - and he totally did! Thank you Maurice, we had a blast!!!

Profile Picture Sara, 5/28/24, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

I would completely recommend Maurice to all my friends and family. He understood our needs concerning the wedding and worked patiently with us to deliver great music at our reception. He was very professional, flexible and patient with us in the planning phase. He was very respectful. I'll keep coming back for my other events. Thanks so much Maurice!!!

Profile Picture Bei, 12/17/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Maurice with Covenant Child Productions was an incredible DJ at our Washington DC wedding and I would absolutely recommend him. Maurice had less time then he prefers to set up for an event and we never would've known- he was ready when we needed him! He played exactly what we wanted and in perfect timing. Maurice even emceed for certain announcements with amazing energy. Thank you so much Covenant Child Productions for making our wedding day special.

Profile Picture Lauren, 11/13/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Maurice is an experienced DJ and someone very easy to work with. He set up a meeting with us well in advance to find out what kind of music we like and the details of the venue. He provided us with a lot of flexibility in choosing our music. During the reception he worked as a great MC to get the dance party going and made sure everyone was having fun. After he found out that I (the groom) am a not-so-secret fan of heavy metal, he played a song by Iron Maiden as I launched into an impromptu karaoke to the amusement of the audience, which was a very fitting end of a fun reception and memorable wedding. We'd really appreciate what Maurice had done for us and would highly recommend him as your wedding DJ.

Profile Picture User6288758, 1+ year ago, 16 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, MC, Microphones

Could not have asked for a better DJ. During the many stressful tasks of planning a wedding, Maurice was one of the smoother things we went through during the process. He was very attentive, personable and just genuine which his work. He listened to our vision for the wedding and is a professional at his work. The price is extremely reasonable and there is absolutely nothing I would have changed. Many attendees asked about our DJ and commented about how well he did.

Profile Picture Wesley, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My Dj was amazing! Not only did he play everything i asked for he also came up with a great playlist all on his own! He was very sweet and understanding even tho i emailed him a billion times and kept changing my mind. My friends and family all loved him and the truly amazing job that he did! The dj also handled our up lighting and gobo and they were both also a big hit, the lights where perfect and a great match to my wedding colors (which by the way wasnt an color to find) and the gobo he created for us was out of this world. If I even have another event that calls for a dj in definetly giving them another call.

Profile Picture Ireyon, 9/3/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Maurice was amazing! He was incredibly professional and responsive throughout the planning process, and he was very effective at getting the wedding guests excited and involved on the night of the wedding. I couldn't have asked for anything more!

Profile Picture Esther, 8/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Maurice was an absolute pleasure to work with for our wedding. We were a culturally diverse crowd and Maurice was very accommodating - we sent him kizomba tracks in advance and he fused these in with other top 40 and r&b songs seamlessly. When we told Maurice that we wanted our first dance to be split between two different songs he customized the track for us, which was really helpful (so that we could practice our transition some). In addition to having all of the music on point, Maurice was an outstanding MC for our wedding. Energetic, pleasant and kind all the way through. We decided to have Maurice handle our uplighting, and that also went over perfectly with no issues at all.

Going into our wedding planning we knew that we needed a DJ with some understanding of how to navigate a culturally diverse group with a variety of music tastes, and Maurice did not disappoint. 5 Stars all around. We couldn't have been happier!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 7/31/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

If you have come across Covenant Child Productions, that's it! Stop your DJ/MC services search and book with them! Simple as that. This comes from a very very very satisfied and happy bride! The quality of services, professionalism, responsiveness, flexibility is ON POINT! I will book them again and again for our future events!

Profile Picture Eminlevo, 6/24/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

I couldn't have picked a better DJ than Covenant child!!! From the very beginning he was very responsive and payed close attention the vision I had for my wedding music and he delivered it to perfection!! Everything went exactly how I wanted and we had such a great time :) Moreover, he was one of the most kindest and easy going vendors I've ever worked with. He even set up my uplighting for me on short notice and did a great job with it!
I would recommend DJ Covenant Child to anyone looking for a great DJ!! AWESOME-AWESOME-AWESOME!
THANK YOU COVENANT DJ FOR MAKING MY SPECIAL DAY EVEN MORE SPECIAL! :)

Profile Picture Ugochi, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We did not have any regrets working with DJ covenant child. Very professional in his dealings. I recommend him to anyone who needs his service.

Profile Picture User6804012, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Covenant Child Productions was absolutely amazing. My wife and I stressed how much we wanted a variety of music and that we wanted our guest to dance and have an awesome time. Maurice asked us questions and was very responsive. He was on time and engaged with our guest. We had last minute changes that he made with not problem and with a smile on his face. I will forever use Covenant Child Productions whenever I need music at an event, and I will forever recommended Covenant Child Productions.

Make sure your wedding day is a blast. USE COVENANT CHILD PRODUCTIONS!!!!

Profile Picture Mark, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, MC

I highly suggest DJ Maurice. He did a great job keeping all our guests entertained during the reception. My husband and I enjoyed working with him, he's a professional! We mostly communicated through emails and he was always very responsive. No complaints about him. Please consider DJ Maurice on your next event.

Profile Picture Yessenia, 5/21/16, 3 Reviews