Country Manor Acres Reviews

13 | Townsend, TN

13 Reviews for Country Manor Acres

kirsten · Married on 10/23/2016

Oh my goodness, we can't say enough great things about this venue!! Absolutely the most beautiful place to get married! April and Jeff are so easy to work with, offer great advice, and are willing to work to create anything you could envision for your Big Day! We booked all rooms at the venue for ourselves and our wedding party to stay on site after the wedding which was a huge plus!! Also, definitely book the Jeff Jopling Band for your reception if you want to guarantee that you will have awesome music and your guests will have a great time!! It was a dream come true! Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 12/04/2016

Emily · Married on 06/10/2016

I was an out of town bride. April was able to communicate with me about everything. She is in incredibly flexible with whatever you would like her to do. It is also amazingly beautiful!!!!

Sent on 12/26/2016

Molly · Married on 10/18/2015

This company has made me so excited for my destination wedding in the mountains! October can't come soon enough! April and her son Jeff have been such a big help and I am thrilled to be working with them.

Sent on 05/12/2015

Sara · Married on 05/09/2015

My fiancé and I were faced with a challenge since we live in CA, but wanted to be married in TN. Planning long distance is never easy, but with a 3 hour time difference to contend with and busy work schedules, it seemed impossible...until we found Country Manor Acres. April, the owner of this venue, made the process so simple and smooth. She was quick to respond to emails and phone calls and thought of every detail imaginable, which really took a lot of the planning pressure off of us. She is extremely knowledgeable and focused on making sure that your day is perfect. The wedding venue and on-site lodging is wonderful, too. The grounds are beautiful, with sweeping views of the mountains, and the rooms/suites are well-maintained and tastefully decorated. We could not have been happier with this venue and with the service that not only April, but her son Jeff, provided to us consistently throughout the months of planning and the actual wedding weekend. Many thanks!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Jennifer · Married on 05/02/2015

AMAZING!!!!! April and her son Jeff were so incredibly helpful throughout the entire wedding process! April was with me every step of the way! She gave me ideas and helped me create my dream picture perfect wedding! I couldn't have done it without her! It was very helpful that she was the go to person for all the rental equipment used at our wedding! She handled it all which was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders! Her son Jeff also helped set everything up just how I imagined! Both April and Jeff were so incredibly helpful and pleased to do anything I asked! Great team to work with! The multiple venues on the property are all beautiful!!!!! All around perfect spot for a wedding!!!

Sent on 09/26/2015

I would recommend Country Manor Acres to anyone who is looking for a gorgeous outdoor wedding venue in Tennessee! As soon as my fiance and I pulled into the farm, we knew that we were going to book it. The views are absolutely breath-taking. It is a renovated barn situated on a 55 acre farm, with rolling hills and a beautiful little pond. A flat hill-top makes the perfect location for the ceremony, and the adjacent barn creates a gorgeous reception setting. April has turned the loft above the barn into a sprawling guest house of sorts, with three bedrooms, three bathrooms, a kitchen and a gameroom. This loft made the perfect area for the entire bridal party to get ready (groomsmen & bridesmaids) all while maintaining privacy. April, an event planner of 15 years, has truly thought of everything, and she is more than willing to help out in any way that she is able. Truly remarkable location & lady.

Sent on 06/29/2014
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 04/25/2014

Country Manor Acres did a great job!!! April worked with us and helped to make our day special. I planned my wedding from about 400 miles away. She responded very quickly to emails and phone calls as well as worked with us for when I could make trips down. On the day of there was lots of wind and rain. Jeff and April worked with us to make sure everything worked out to our liking. We had to wait until about 3 hours before the ceremony to set up everything for the ceremony but they made sure that everything was ready to go. Any problem that arose was taken care of quickly.

Sent on 05/21/2014

April · Married on 05/12/2012

This is such a beautiful property with spectacular views of the mountains. My husband, Steven and I were married here on the 12th of May and we were able to get some amazing photos around the 60+ acre manor. There is a magnificent party barn that is great for wedding receptions or other events. We rented the Hayloft above the party barn for the entire weekend, to have access for our wedding and wedding rehearsal. I could not have been happier with this venue. I would definitely recommend for a romantic getaway, destination wedding, outdoor event or any special occasion.

Sent on 11/21/2014

Country Manor Acres's reply:

Thanks so much for your positive feedback. Your wedding was spectacular and we are using some of the photos from your wedding for our promotions. Thanks again and God bless you both.

Steven · Married on 05/12/2012

Beautiful venue with a great staff. We wouldn't have changed a thing! April and her son, Jeff, were very accommodating to meet our needs and also made planning a breeze.

Sent on 02/13/2017

Hayley · Married on 04/30/2016

April did a great job hosting our wedding on her beautiful property! April and her son were kind enough to help wipe down seats once the rain finally quit. If you're looking for a simple, country elegant wedding, this is your place! Definitely less stressful when your venue has many options available and included in your price!

Sent on 06/10/2016

Blythe · Married on 08/06/2016

3.5

This venue is beautiful! April, the manager, and her son & staff were all very helpful on the day of the wedding. They're a lean team so sometimes it can take a day or two for her to get back to you if you just email. I appreciated especially that the price included the hay loft cabin (enough space for us & our whole wedding party to crash after the party), and April arranged all the rental equipment for us through a vendor they use. Even though there had been a wedding there the night before, you never would have known it. All my guests had only good things to say about the venue. The only downside is that all the spaces are outdoors & relatively exposed, so if it's a hot day, your guests may get a little warm. April does have an AC running in the barn so if you have heat-sensitive guests, just try to make sure they get a spot at a table closer to the AC unit. Otherwise, a few fans set up seemed to keep all our guests comfortable.

Sent on 08/17/2016

Lauren · Married on 11/26/2016

3.0

April and Jeff are both great! They are very nice and will do everything they can to make your dream come true. The property is beautiful. The pictures are awesome but they can't do justice to the site in person!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Carrie · Married on 06/14/2014

3.2
      2.0
      3.0

The 60-acre horse farm, renovated barn, and party area are breath taking. The rental includes the reception barn, ceremony site, and two-night stay in the hayloft above the reception area. RENTALS (chairs, tables, linens, etc.) ARE NOT INCLUDED in the event price, budget accordingly. Do not expect to get same day responses, or same-week email replies.

The scenery is beautiful. Ms. April's son, Jeff, and her main assistant, Angel, were kind, courteous, and eager workers. You will have to hire help and a parking attendant - and Ms. April has MANY rules and stipulations about what can and can not be used on her property for your wedding. Be forewarned that they will be taking pictures of your event and will post them on Facebook within hours of your wedding -- without telling you or tagging you.

My biggest disappointments with the venue were the poor communication, response time, and the issues that arose around the additional nights we had planned to stay at the Hay Loft cabin. I had asked numerous times to get a quote so that I could secure Thursday and Sunday night stays, but never was emailed a price. The WEEK OF THE WEDDING, I was told that the place had been rented out from under me on Sunday because I had never paid a deposit. Very disappointing. Additionally, we paid to stay Thursday in order to set up the rentals and assemble the ceremony and reception sites -- but were told WEDNESDAY that we would not be able to set anything up until SATURDAY morning at 10:30 (5 hours before the ceremony). Because of that rule, we were hours behind on getting ready and were not even showered when our photographer showed up to begin pictures.

Sent on 08/01/2014