Country Club of Asheville Reviews

7 | Asheville, NC

7 Reviews for Country Club of Asheville

• Erika

Erika Orman · Married on 07/06/2019

Highly recommend country club of asheville!

Having our wedding at the Country Club of Asheville was a fantastic experience! We held both our ceremony and reception there. Liz, the Director of Events at the Country Club, was our main contact and she was great to work with. She was exceptionally quick in her response time and she offered a wealth of valuable event-planning expertise that helped us plan the perfect day! Liz and the entire Country Club staff were helpful, friendly, and professional. The location is also great. It's really easy for guests to get to and from the Country Club, which is just outside downtown Asheville. We held our ceremony outdoors on the green, which provided AMAZING views! The Country Club provides catering on-site, and all our guests have commented on how delicious the food was. The Country Club also offers child care on site, which was a great option for our out-of-town guests. I would definitely recommend the Country Club for other folks planning their wedding!

Sent on 07/21/2019

Erika,
    Thank you so much for writing this review. You made planning easy and were so organized! It was a joy working with you and Thomas. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness.
    All the best,
    - Liz DeKoyer
  • Shelley

Shelley S · Married on 06/08/2019

Liz rocks!

Country club of Asheville was exactly what we wanted, indoor and outdoor location options with food and booze on site so less logistics. Liz is more responsive to emails than anyone I have ever met. My new husband is an attorney and he doesn't even respond to emails as fast as Liz! Everything was great even though we had to move the wedding inside due to rain. Overall, the food, alcohol, and blue ridge mountain view were why we choose the location, but Liz was the icing on the cake! Her professionalism is top notch!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Country Club of Asheville's reply:

Shelley thank you so much for this kind review. And thank you for taking the time to write it. It was certainly a pleasure working with the two of you. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!

Lindsay · Married on 05/04/2019

The perfect venue!

CCA was the perfect place for our wedding! Liz did such an amazing job! She made sure everything was exactly how we wanted. The venue looked beautiful. The food was delicious. We got so many compliments on the wedding. I would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Country Club of Asheville's reply:

Thank you so much Lindsay! You and Lee were such a pleasure to work with. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to write such a kind review. Wishing the two of you a lifetime of happiness!

Nicole · Married on 04/30/2016

The Country Club of Asheville was an amazing venue for our wedding ceremony and reception! The outdoor ceremony spot has a beautiful view of the mountains and a great set-up with 3 tiers for seating. Nice white wooden stairs are provided between the tiers and they have a white trellis to use, if needed. It was PERFECT! The reception room was gorgeous and the new interior updates really enhanced the space. The room provides a gorgeous mountain view. The space was perfect for the 130 guests we had.

I really cannot say more about the work of the staff at CCA - they are truly wonderful and made our wedding so special. Jessica Cruttenden is their Hospitality and Events Coordinator and she was FANTASTIC to work with. From the moment she stepped in she was so easy and fun to work with. She understood how important the little details were to me and helped make my vision come to life - from coordinating the rental items needed (chiavari chairs, dishes, linens) to setting everything up and most importantly, to coordinating the craziness of the day-of, she was AMAZING. We were confident after meeting Jessica that she had things under control and we didn't have to worry about a thing the day of our wedding. We brought in many decor items and Jessica made everything look perfect and exactly how we envisioned.

The food for our reception was so great - don't pass up the filet! - and we received so many compliments on everything. CCA's pastry chef, JB, did an amazing job on our cake - it looked beautiful and tasted SO GOOD. And the dining room staff and bartender, Kyle, were all so fantastic. They were nice and accommodating and really made sure that everyone was taken care of and having fun.

We are SO happy we chose CCA for our wedding and really couldn't be happier with how our day turned out. We would highly recommend them!!

Sent on 05/16/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 07/12/2013

The Country Club offers fantastic service, flexibility and beautiful views. They helped us plan every detail of our wedding that we wanted help with, and worked with us on special requests. They took fabulous care of our guests and bridal party, cooked delicious food, and we had a phenomenal cake. The views out of the dining room are priceless and the accommodations for getting ready and having a reception are flawless.

Sent on 07/26/2013

Amy · Married on 05/24/2015

I am SO pleased with choosing The Country Club of Asheville as the site for our ceremony and reception. I could go on forever with all the positive aspects of having our reception at the Club. Marrying on the first tee was just fantastic, my favorite part of the day. The mountains served as a stunning background. Our DJ was able to run speakers out to the ceremony for music. The staff of the country club set up the chairs and our décor! That was SO helpful! I just loved our ceremony on the first tee. Beautiful weather, cloudless day, intimate and full of love!

There were some really neat places to get pictures throughout the golf course as well. Locker rooms were great to get the final touches in.

The reception space was so great. Perfect for 120ish people. Everyone sat together in one room. BEAUTIFUL VIEWS OF THE MOUNTAINS! GREAT FOOD! You can literally pick anything you could want from the chef and from the bar. A gorgeous outdoor patio to enjoy the sunset.

Marianne Beasley was our go-to girl, and she did a great job with everything. The Club was so accommodating to our every want and need.

I wish I could get married every weekend at the Country Club! Specifically at the Country Club! I

Sent on 07/07/2015

Kim is the pastry chef at the Country Club of Asheville, but she will bake cakes for non-members as well. I went for a tasting and was SO happy with her cakes. They taste delicious and she makes them look beautiful as well. She doesn't have a website, but she does have a facebook page where she has some pictures of her cakes. Search Kim Aasland cakes on facebook.

I tasted several places and thought her cakes were the best. Price-wise she was very reasonable --much less than many of the well-known bakeries in town and, in my opinion, even better tasting. Our cake turned out beautifully. I sent her some inspiration from pinterest and she ran with my ideas to create an elegant cake that we loved!

Sent on 05/09/2013