Country Bride and Gent Reviews

Country Bride and Gent 5
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 05/31/2019

Excellent place

I bought my dress off the sample rack there for a great price. The men got all their tuxes there and they looked fabulous! We had 3 young boys in the wedding party and the staff was great with them. I would definitely use them again!

Sent on 06/08/2019
    Country Bride and Gent 6
    Country Bride and Gent 7

Country Bride and Gent's reply:

Christina! It was a pleasure to work with you. Thank you so much for choosing us for your special day and for your wonderful testimonial!
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 05/11/2019

Just Outstanding!

Country Bride has been my to-go shop for dresses since high school. I've always been blown away with their quality and their service. Their knowledge and commitment to making sure you purchase the perfect dress is outstanding. Thank you, Country Bride!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Country Bride and Gent's reply:

You're most welcome! Thank you, Maria for your wonderful testimonial and for continuing to support us! We've been happy to work with you over the years! Congratulations to both you and Anthony!

Kate · Married on 09/24/2016

I would recommend that anyone buy their wedding gown here! I felt so comfortable and at ease. My consultant didn't make me feel like I was on a time line and really made me feel like she wanted me to find my dress as much as I wanted to find it. I found my dress on my very first appointment, because my consultant really listened to me and pulled dresses that were closer and closer to my vision until she found the perfect one. I wouldn't give that moment back for anything and I am so glad that the comfortable and caring atmosphere allowed for it. I got a gorgeous dress for a price that made me do a double take. I would have easily paid twice as much. I cannot say enough great things!!

Sent on 02/17/2016

All the ladies were every helpful and nice. They have a great selection of dresses in plus sizes. I was really surprised that they had just what I was looking for, and could get it in my size. I had no alterations done to the dress as far as fit, but I had sleeves and inserts added in the front and back. Denise did a beautiful job, just felt the alteration were a little pricey ( almost as much as the gown)

Sent on 07/01/2016

Paula · Married on 08/29/2015

This is the fourth wedding dress we have purchased from Country Bride.
    They have the nicest selection in the area. Having a bride and her four sisters all agree on a dress could have been a long trying experience had it not been for Flossie pulling the absolutely perfect gown. She listened to what we wanted and pulled out a beautiful gown which miraculously pleased everyone, including mom! Upon arriving to place the deposit the next day, everyone went out of their way to make sure the fit and accessories were perfect.
    I cannot say enough about how wonderful everyone was. Thank you for consistently being our go to place for weddings and bridesmaid dresses,

Sent on 06/29/2014

Rachael · Married on 06/14/2013

Worked with several different sales people and they were great! Very nice to work with! The wedding gowns were reasonably priced and the selection was diverse. Alterations were reasonable and the dress fit perfectly! The dresses do take a while to come in so they may not be the best for someone on a tight schedule. Also, watch for post cards when your dresses arrive and let them know if you change your address.

Sent on 07/28/2013
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 11/24/2012

Sadly, this venue has closed. But I loved my dress and my experience. Michelle helped me find my dream dress. It was the very first one she put on me, she said she knew it would look great on my body type and I was skeptical at first, but she was right and it looked stunning. We also used them for my bridesmaids dresses and all of the tuxes. Happily, all of the tuxes fit great which was a relief after having bad experiences with men's wearhouse from two previous weddings. The bridesmaids dresses were Alfred Angelo, but this store was closer and easier for the BMs to get to, and also the dresses were a little cheaper and then they all got a ten percent discount since I bought my dress there and was getting tuxes there. Sad to see this store close!

Sent on 06/13/2013

I looked at a few wedding dress stores such as group usa, david's bridal, and then came across country bride and gent. I was looking for a more form fitting dress and it was hard to find. I found a dress I loved at this store and the staff were great with helping me try on dresses and with any questions. The dress was a little more then I wanted to pay $900, but it was worth it. I also got my veil from them as well. The only reason I gave a 4 for value is because the alterations were crazy expensive! I would suggest going to find a dress here, but take your dress somewhere else to get alterations done. Mine was $500, more then half the dress just to take the bottom up some, put cups in and take it in a little around the waste. Unlucky for me, I had to plan my wedding in 5 months and when I found it here, I had to have it rushed ordered and it came 2 weeks before my wedding, so I didn't have time to mess around with tailors.

Sent on 06/24/2013
  • User2049557 · 2+ years ago

Ah, she said yes to the dress at Country Bride. We had a wonderful dress shopping experience. We were able to look through the racks of dresses (some shops don't allow you to "touch" the dresses that are hanging) and pick out some of our own choices. My daughter chose an absolutely beautiful dress and I held my breath looking at the price tag and was amazed at the price of the dress. They even had an unadvertised sale on the dress when quite honestly I was sold at the retail price. We then went on to purchase a hand made veil, head piece and belt to accessorize. Alterations were a bit pricey, but I found that at all the bridal shops. The ladies were always very welcoming even if she just came to "visit" her dress! We also purchased two flower girl dresses. Delivery was right on schedule - no last minute hysteria! A great experience!

Sent on 09/07/2012

Jenn · Married on 05/12/2012

I purchased my gown here after shopping with my Mom and matron of honor. Country Bride and Gent has a lot of dresses to choose from and had a huge variety that were within my budget (under $1000). I live in North Carolina and got married in Rhode Island, so buying a gown in PA made no sense at all. However, Colette did such an amazing job helping me find the right dress and I was planning on making a major change to the dress that they had experience doing. My dress came in as scheduled and I had my alterations done at Country Bride and Gent by Denise. The dress came with a corset back and Denise made it into an invisible zipper which looked great. It was tricky at times to schedule alterations appointments since they book so far in advance and I was coming up from NC. I picked up my gown 3 weeks before the wedding when I was in town for my bridal shower. The dress made it to Rhode Island in perfect condition. I would recommend shopping here to any bride who is looking for a wide variety of gowns at different price points and for fantastic customer service.

Sent on 08/21/2012

Tracey · Married on 07/10/2010

The Country Bride has a great selection of dresses! I found a dress from Sophia Tolli at this store that I had not seen anywhere else. I felt like such a princess on my wedding day and many guests said I looked like I had just stepped out of a bridal magazine because of my dress! The ladies at the store were very nice and helpful. One negative thing I do have to say about the store is about the lady who does the alterations and bustles. Her work is wonderful but her attitude is not. She made my maid of honor feel so uncomfortable when it came to learning how to tie me up in my dress and when it came to doing my bustle. Instead of showing her what to do she would just tell her and get annoyed if she did not understand. There was no hands on communication. Even though I encountered this negativity, I still would recommend going to this shop. Thanks ladies :)

Sent on 07/28/2010

Rachel · Married on 05/25/2008

Country Bride had a fantastic selection of bridal gowns and a wide variety of bridesmaid dresses. I loved that I was able to get my whole bridal party's attire at one store:)

Sent on 07/23/2008

Susan · Married on 06/24/2007

I went dress shopping with my Maid of Honor just to look one day. We decided to go to this shop because it was close by and always seemed to have a full lot. We set up an appointment to meet with someone to assist me with dresses. We walked through the shop and picked out about 15 dresses to try on, and the 7th one (the one Regina asked me to try on, even though I didn't want lace) and that ended up being the one! I didn't even bring a camera because I am very picky and there was no thought in my mind that I was going to be able to find my wedding dress that fast or easily! Each of my dress fittings were wonderful. Denise was the seamstress and she is incredible! Very personable, sweet and she made the fittings fun and memorable! I also used this shop to preserve my dress which was an easy process as well. I highly recommend this location.

Sent on 12/10/2007

Paulina · Married on 08/12/2017

3.5

I went to look at wedding gowns in September. They had a HUGE selection. And to make everything better, almost every gown in the store was on sale. Ashley was extremely helpful in helping new find a dress that fit my personally and complimented my build.

Sent on 05/13/2017

Rachel · Married on 10/09/2015

Krystina is the BEST consultant! She makes you feel like a princess and doesn't stop until you are happy. I had a very good experience with all of the ladies that worked there and they were very accommodating to my schedule for fittings. The seamstress is so sweet and truly wants what is best for you! Overall a great experience.

Sent on 10/27/2015

Jennifer · Married on 10/26/2013

3.5

I found my dream dress at Country Bride and Gent after a disappointing appointment at David's Bridal. Everyone at Country Bride is so helpful and nice. While their shop is small and can become cramped quickly, the service is wonderful. They are very attentive and listen to what you want. On top of my dress, we also bought the bridesmaids dresses, MOG dress, GMOG dress, and the tuxes from this shop. The gentlemen in the tux department are also top notch. They were so patient with me as I asked to try different combinations of vests and ties with the tuxes. When we picked up my dad's tux and he tried it on - I wasn't happy with the tie selection I had made. They were extra accommodating and sent us home with THREE different options so I could pick the morning of the wedding. Everything went extremely well at every point in the process - alterations, steaming/picking, payment, etc. I couldn't have asked for a better experience! The only bad thing I can say is that the alterations seemed pretty pricey - although that is hard to compare.

Sent on 11/15/2013

Trish · Married on 03/12/2011

They were a little abrupt with me when I called, just asking for the hours and the such, but when I presented as a bride in the store, the staff was very helpful. I went during the morning on a weekday so the store was empty-- so things were very laid back.

There is a good selection of dresses here. The prices are fairly reasonable, compared to what I've seen, but wedding dresses are always expensive :)

I gave a price range and a very general idea of what I liked and my consultant quickly pulled out a whole bunch of dresses to try on. As I did so, she mentioned a sample dress on a just discontinued style that I might like. That turned out to be the one! It was about 1/4 the price the dress would've cost me if I ordered it! Maybe they were just trying to get rid of the dress... but the truth was it was just my style and was very flattering so I think it's more likely they just knew what they were doing :)

My bridesmaids didn't order their dresses from this sotre and they were a little pushy about that but I guess that's understandable. Overall, very happy!

Sent on 04/01/2011

Carolyn · Married on 01/08/2011

3.5

I got my wedding gown here, my mother's dress here, and all of my bridesmaid dresses here. I am extremely happy with my choice.

My gown: I spent over 3 hours with Regina trying on gowns until I found the right one. She was funny, supportive, and listened to me (I wanted a dress with straps and at other salons the consultants kept trying to get me to try on strapless numbers!). Once I chose the gown, she helped me choose a beautiful veil and made suggestions about the type of jewelry that would suit my dress -- and she was not trying to sell my jewelry from country bride. Every time I went back to the store, she remembered my name and was so friendly! I also had my alterations done here and was very impressed. The cost was reasonable and they were so flexible. I am not living in state and they made special accomodations to help me have my 4 fittings at convenient times.

My mom's dress: Regina also helped my mother find a dress that was flattering (no frumpy MOB here!).

My bridesmaids: I am shocked that 5 girls who didn't know each other were able to settle on a dress in less than 40 minutes. But Regina found the perfect dress right away!

Sent on 03/03/2011

Jacki · Married on 07/02/2010

My entire wedding party was dressed through Country Bride and I would highly recommend them. My dress was gorgeous and so affordable. I tried on the same dress in two different stores and there was a $300 price difference between the other store and Country Bride. Denise in alterations was fabulous to work with. Ed was extremely helpful with the tuxes. It turns out the day before the wedding, my husbands vest had to be re-ordered because it was too small. The vest came in on time and was perfect.

Sent on 07/11/2010

Krista · Married on 09/06/2009

I found my perfect dress here, on my first trip! Michelle was my bridal consultant and she was just amazing. She made the whole dress experience so much fun and she was very good about making sure I was happy with the dress, not that everyone else was. She always came by each time I was in for fittings and was so pleasant to work with - I would highly recommend any bride ask for Michelle!

The only issue I had was with my bustle. I had a lace overlay, and so I needed two bustles (satin layer & lace layer) which I could have just gotten away with one for the lace layer. Also, the lace overlay bustle didn't hold up at all the day of. My sister kept trying to redo it throughout the day and I gave up about half way through the day because it took a fairly long time to figure out and properly bustle.

But I did love my dress, and received so many lovely compliments on it so the minor bustle issue didn't matter at the end of the day. They had a huge selection of beautiful gowns and really made me and my family/friends feel at ease during the process.

We also got the bridesmaid dress & men's tuxes at Country Bride & Gent! The men were very happy with their tuxes and the service they received while ordering & the same goes for my bridesmaid. Overall the service was great :)

Sent on 10/27/2009

Amanda · Married on 06/03/2017

3.0

Bride and Gent has a pretty great selection of Bridal Gowns considering they are a smaller salon. I was torn between purchasing a dress here and another salon and ended up going elsewhere because they staff was not that knowledgeable, they seemed to tell me whatever I wanted to hear and were just rude sometimes. The one woman we worked with was outright rude to one of my plus size bridesmaids about her size and how they didn't carry anything that would fit her (the designer Bill Levkoff does sell plus size dresses, they just do not carry in the store), which made everyone feel a little uncomfortable. The store could use a face-lift as well. If you don't mind rude saleswomen and an outdated store, they really do have a nice selection and some great options at a reasonable price.

Sent on 03/08/2017

Melissa · Married on 10/08/2016

I had a great experience shopping for my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses at The Country Bride and Gent. This was the third place I had shopped for dresses. They had a great selection of dresses and the employees were very good at taking my concept of what i thought i wanted and finding a variety of options for me to try on. The process of ordering the wedding and bridesmaid dresses was very easy and quick. We received our order in plenty of time. I will say that I thought the price to alter my dress seemed a little high considering i was getting a limited number of alterations. But it did come out great in the end. I liked that they are open later during the week for appointments too.

Sent on 10/25/2016

Chelsea · Married on 08/15/2015

Had a great time shopping at Country Bride & Gent. They had an excellent selection and prices seemed more reasonable than other places. My only issue with them was that they ordered the incorrect belt for my dress, and then made a stink about not letting us return it (even though it was their mistake). We ended up getting a refund, but it did ruin the experience just a bit!

Sent on 09/13/2015

Katie · Married on 06/01/2013

Bought my gown at Country Bride. Had a great experience with both consultant and seamstress. Recommend going on a weekday! The consultant spent hours with me since it wasn't crowded.

Sent on 08/28/2013
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 10/01/2011

After having SEVERAL bad experiences (as a bride & as a Maid of Honor) with David's Bridal, I went to Country Bride on the suggestion of my aunt. Colette & Jill helped me through the whole process and is so sweet and anytime I wanted to "visit" my dress to show someone, they were always accomodating. I was able to find my dream dress on the sale rack, with very few alterations needed. The guys' side, I wasn't AS impressd with because it seemed that there was a lot of confusion, but everything ended up being perfect and they looked great!

Sent on 10/18/2011