162 Reviews for Country Bride and Gent

Cleaning (1)
Preservation (1)
Customary (1)
162 Country Bride and Gent Reviews

I read the other reviews on here and it seems like people just get upset for little things and then write about them. I had a very different experience. I am the groom and got fitted and picked out a tux for me and my groomsmen. I have to say that my experience here was one of the best "service" experiences I have ever had. Ed is the definition of a professional tailor. I truly felt like a million bucks. He made this experience a memorable one. Ed cared about the big items and down to the tiniest details. He addressed all of the concerns for me and my spouse (We are getting remarried - Renewing our Vows getting married in the Church) . I am on the heavier size so I had to get a custom shirt made and a larger size of the Michael Kors Dark Grey Tux which was awesome and GQ smooth!! He made sure everything fit perfect to where I was comfortable. He did not rush me, in fact I spent several hours there both times to ensure I was satisfied. I really appreciated his humbleness and his true knowledge of the industry. His experience is second to none. What Ed did for us, I do not think I could thank him enough with words. I thought to myself and explained to my wife, I'm only renting these and not spending much at all, and look at all of the attention he has given us. It blew me away. So if you are getting married, going to prom, or even needing a tuxedo for a special occasion, It is worth it to go and see Ed even if you are within 100 miles from the shop - its worth it. And if you do, you will find a way to comment on my review to thank me for referring you to Ed. It was that awesome!!! So if you want to be treated like a king and not have to spend a lot of money, go and see Ed at The Country Bride and Gent!

Profile Picture Eric, 7/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Groom, Groomsmen, Alterations, Customization, Rentals, Sample Sales, Shoes, Tuxedo Rentals, Tuxedos

CB&G was the BEST to work with for my bridal gown and mother of the bride dress!
The entire staff is so flexible to work with. They really go above and beyond to accommodate ANY wants/needs you have for your big day. Their hours will accommodate any schedule.
The gowns were all beautiful and they had ample sizes available to try on in the store. I went to two other shops that had great reviews, but neither came close to comparing to the service and quality I was offered at CB&G. I was VERY impressed with how much we were able to get with our budget. The prices are super competitive. You will not find a better price for the dress you love elsewhere! They definitely have the BEST service AND bang for your buck!
The consultation was great. I was not rushed or pressured which was the case at other shops. After I purchased my gown and the MOB gown, they kept in touch with me to let me know the status and when it was delivered. I had a few follow up appointments for fittings and the seamstress was incredible to work with as well.
Hands down, THE BEST experience! I will recommend to everyone we know. Take a visit and see for yourself! You will NOT be disappointed!

Profile Picture Melissa, 11/18/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Mother of Bride, Alterations, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Plus Size Gowns, Veils

i had a great experience here with my wedding dress! Tons of options and won’t show you things out of your price range! The seamstress there is such an amazing, nice woman. Everything was perfect!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/28/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Customary, Formal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Sample Gowns, Tuxedo Rentals, Tuxedos, Veils, Alterations, Appts. Only, Customization, Bride, Bridesmaids, Father of Bride, Father of Groom, Flower Girls, Groom, Groomsmen, Mother of Bride, Mother of Groom, Ring Bearers
0.9

I found the most beautiful wedding dress at this venue. I was over the moon and in love with my dress that was gorgeous and affordable. Then everything went to hell. My dress practically fit it just needed a few things - yet the price was over $500 dollars! And then kept going up - as the previous reviewer said! By the end it was close to $700 in alterations! The alterations were also terribly done. The worst was that they tried to send me home with a less than perfect dress! Two days before my wedding and my dress was a mess. In the end after tears and begging they fixed it. Stay away!

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 9/23/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had such a great experience finding a wedding dress at Country Bride and Gent! Alyssa was able to see my vision and stay within my budget to find the perfect dress! Stacy did an incredible job with alterations making the dress fit like a glove and bustle beautifully! They took the same care with my mom as they took with me, helping her find an amazing dress right off the rack and making it fit just right! Our groomsmen and fathers rented their tuxedos here with the help of Ed and Davante, who could not have done a better job making everyone look perfect. They had great attention to detail and took the time to remember our past interactions and thoughts about the look we were trying to achieve. We could not have been more pleased with our decision to work with Country Bride and Gent!

Profile Picture Justyne, 9/9/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Alterations, Rentals, Sample Sales, Trunk Shows, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Sample Gowns, Shoes, Tuxedo Rentals, Tuxedos, Veils, Bride, Bridesmaids, Father of Bride, Father of Groom, Flower Girls, Groom, Groomsmen, Mother of Bride, Mother of Groom, Ring Bearers
4.7

I went to look at wedding gowns in September. They had a HUGE selection. And to make everything better, almost every gown in the store was on sale. Ashley was extremely helpful in helping new find a dress that fit my personally and complimented my build.

Profile Picture Paulina, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Love the team here! They were super helpful getting my wedding gown as well as all the bridesmaids & moms dresses! They also did all the tuxedos for the groom, groomsman and the ring bearer!

Profile Picture sarah, 7/16/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I recently just got engaged and went to Country Bride and Gent to try on wedding dresses! Sandy was more than accommodating and helpful! I was very picky with my selection and she still managed to find a few dresses of my liking! I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone!

Profile Picture Stacey, 6/9/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Bride and Gent has a pretty great selection of Bridal Gowns considering they are a smaller salon. I was torn between purchasing a dress here and another salon and ended up going elsewhere because they staff was not that knowledgeable, they seemed to tell me whatever I wanted to hear and were just rude sometimes. The one woman we worked with was outright rude to one of my plus size bridesmaids about her size and how they didn't carry anything that would fit her (the designer Bill Levkoff does sell plus size dresses, they just do not carry in the store), which made everyone feel a little uncomfortable. The store could use a face-lift as well. If you don't mind rude saleswomen and an outdated store, they really do have a nice selection and some great options at a reasonable price.

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/3/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Alterations, Bride, Bridesmaids, Father of Groom, Flower Girls, Groomsmen, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Tuxedos, Veils

This place is amazing. They found me my dream dress with just 3 tries and made sure i had my dress in time for my wedding that was 5 months away. The alterations were perfect and their staff makes you feel so comfortable and work with you. I will recommend this place to any and everyone.

Profile Picture Dominique, 4/30/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Gowns, Alterations

Country Bride and Gent was a pleasure to work with. My husband, his groomsman, and both our dads got their tuxes there. Gene was great to work with and made sure we were happy and comfortable with all the different options, plus the price and quality could not be beat (we looked around a lot). Strongly recommend!

Profile Picture Carla, 11/18/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Tuxedo Rentals, Father of Bride, Father of Groom, Groom, Groomsmen, Alterations, Customization, Rentals, Sample Sales
3.9

We ordered our tuxes and bridesmaids dress from Country Bride and Gent for our October 2016 wedding. They were very easy to work with and had a large selection.
We were very impressed with their tux selection and the price of rentals. We had gone to one store previously and for the SAME EXACT HIGH QUALITY DESIGNER LABEL tux were able to get it for nearly $100 less. Do yourself a favor and at least go look at Country Bride for tuxes. You wont' regret it. Gene is the guy to ask for when you are tux shopping!
The bridesmaids dresses were also great and the girls got so many compliments on the day of the wedding!
I would recommend making your appointment on a weeknight or during the week. The weekends were so busy.

Profile Picture William, 10/22/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bridesmaids, Father of Bride, Father of Groom, Groom, Groomsmen, Alterations, Rentals, Tuxedo Rentals

I had a great experience shopping for my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses at The Country Bride and Gent. This was the third place I had shopped for dresses. They had a great selection of dresses and the employees were very good at taking my concept of what i thought i wanted and finding a variety of options for me to try on. The process of ordering the wedding and bridesmaid dresses was very easy and quick. We received our order in plenty of time. I will say that I thought the price to alter my dress seemed a little high considering i was getting a limited number of alterations. But it did come out great in the end. I liked that they are open later during the week for appointments too.

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/8/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I would recommend that anyone buy their wedding gown here! I felt so comfortable and at ease. My consultant didn't make me feel like I was on a time line and really made me feel like she wanted me to find my dress as much as I wanted to find it. I found my dress on my very first appointment, because my consultant really listened to me and pulled dresses that were closer and closer to my vision until she found the perfect one. I wouldn't give that moment back for anything and I am so glad that the comfortable and caring atmosphere allowed for it. I got a gorgeous dress for a price that made me do a double take. I would have easily paid twice as much. I cannot say enough great things!!

Profile Picture Kate, 9/24/16, 4 Reviews
4.1

I absolutely loved my dress, and the people I worked with to try dresses on were very friendly and helpful. My only complaint is that they tried to get one of my bridesmaids to order her dress in a larger size even though the dress fit her PERFECTLY. Was not happy with this because they were clearly looking for extra money for alterations which would have been ridiculous since the dress already fit. I got my dress altered somewhere else because I heard alteration prices were crazy.

Profile Picture User5149028, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

This is the place that I got my dress from. I got the first collection of David Tutera dress off the ru way plus size for my wedding. It was the most awesome dress in ivory lace needed n blinged out. I would not trade it for the world. The ladies were so helpful I looked so beautiful my wedding is still being talked about my dress was so beautiful I can't even explain I was in tears and that's how I knew it was my dress my mom was crying also it was breathtaking a memory that will last forever this will be it the girls were so helpful the tailor lady was awesome I couldn't ask for more. Am sending my sisters there for their wedding. Look out Country Brides here we come again!

Profile Picture Rhonda, 8/5/16, 12 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

After looking at many dresses at many different stores, I found the dress I loved at Country Bride and Gent. I had a great experience working them. I felt welcomed and comfortable trying on many different dresses. They were great with communication and making appointments. They were fantastic with making sure I was happy with everything, and really helped me to visualize the dress. They are able to provide you with shoes, hair and jewlery accessories as well. They have veils and belts as well. Once I found my dress, I was able to see everything come together. They allowed me to enjoy this experience with my mom and my aunt. We were never rushed or pushed to the side. When I was there, I was given a consultant that stayed with us. All of the women working there are very knowledgeable. Not only did I get my dress there, but we also got my flowergirl's dress there and the men's tuxes. They are so much more reasonable than other places and their service was fantastic!

Profile Picture User4328020, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

We purchased my mother's mother of the bride dress and two flower girl dresses at Country Bride. They little girls dresses were absolutely adorable and fit the girls well. My mother looked just beautiful in her dress and we are very appreciative of the alterations that they made to her dress. Thank you!

Profile Picture Deven, 7/9/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Trish, the owner, is absolutely exceptional to work with. She is dedicated to helping you find the perfect dress for your wedding. Incredibly accommodating and have a great selection of gowns, MOB dresses, and bridesmaid dresses. one stop shop because they offer a full tuxedo service as well!

Profile Picture User4768541, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
3.0

I was disappointed with my experience at Country Bride. They do have a very large dress selection to choose from. When I arrived for our appointment with four of my bridesmaids, the store was small and overcrowded. Despite having an appointment, we were left on our own to sort through so many dresses without much help because the consultants were busy helping others. More than one of my girls were made to feel pretty uncomfortable while being fitted when the consultant measuring them made comments about their size. Two of the girls were measured incorrectly. One of the girls left and got fitted at another store for completely different measurements. The dresses did arrive in a timely fashion and they looked beautiful on the wedding day.

Profile Picture Grace, 6/18/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Bridesmaids

All the ladies were every helpful and nice. They have a great selection of dresses in plus sizes. I was really surprised that they had just what I was looking for, and could get it in my size. I had no alterations done to the dress as far as fit, but I had sleeves and inserts added in the front and back. Denise did a beautiful job, just felt the alteration were a little pricey ( almost as much as the gown)

Profile Picture User6876191, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
3.2

I went to six different bridal salons before going to the Country Bride & Gent. My first appointment was great – The woman who helped me was very nice. There were many different styles of dresses to try on. I made another appointment and finalized the dress I wanted. It was always extremely busy there the second time I went. I feel like the staff was friendlier to those who did not purchase anything there yet. After I made my first deposit, their attitudes changed. My dress finally came in, and they called for me to come and pick up my dress and schedule alterations. I told them I only wanted to come in and try on the dress to make sure everything was ok. I did not need alterations with them, and I told them that when I ordered the gown. I got an attitude on the phone that I really shouldn’t use anyone else for alterations. I made an appointment and she hung up on me very fast. I called the day before picking up my dress to make sure they had my appointment. They confirmed I was in the book, so I went on my scheduled time to try on the gown. When I walked in, the store was packed. I finally had someone come to me (I was standing at their counter for a long time). They told me I was not in their book and I should have made an appointment. I told them I did confirm it the day before. I had to wait 30 minutes before they brought out my dress. I didn’t even need someone to help me put it on, but they insisted they had to help me. The woman was complaining the whole time that I should have made an appointment. She told me I was rude for just walking in when they were busy and forcing them to leave the other brides alone. I told her I did make an appointment and she didn’t believe me. I then had to wait a long time after that before I could get them to wrap up the gown and have me pay. They put all of their focus on another bridal party when I was just trying to pay and get out of there. At least my dress was beautiful!

Profile Picture Kim, 5/7/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

I called because I was in Skippack and couldn't find a dress. There was an opening the same day (lucky!) and they took me. Everyone was so accommodating and helpful. I found my dress that day. The dress itself was of course beautiful. I will say that I loved my alterations and cannot say anything bad about the work, but I did feel that it was pricey; however, I'd rather pay for quality than for something to happen to my dress. I will say that $10 for each bustle was a little pricey...especially when recommended that you get 7. I think I spent almost as much in alterations that I did on my dress. Overall, love this store, love the people, and I always recommend the services.

Profile Picture User4931016, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
0.5

While the store has a great selection of dresses and I found the most beautiful gown, I cannot recommend them due to their alterations practices. Working in the hospitality industry at a local venue, I expected some common courtesy, but instead was blatantly mislead. Their alterations costs are high (for mine, $570) from the get-go. But then they neglect to tell you that a bustle is in addition ($100). Then, they rush you to get in and have the alterations done months prior to your wedding. I told them upfront that I was losing weight, but they proceeded with initial alterations regardless. They never said that there could be an additional cost if they had to take the dress in more. If they had, I would have never had them alter it in the first place. When I came in for my final fitting they then charged me again (another $100) and were not at all apologetic for not properly explaining everything. When it was said and done, the alterations were half of the cost of the dress. Guess that's where they make their money, so for your own sake, if you want to get your gown there, get it and RUN afterwards to a reputable seamstress.

Profile Picture Brandi, 2/26/16, 2 Reviews
0.0

We had the absolute worst experience here. It was comical at times, because we didn't think it could get any worse than it was, and they somehow managed to surprise us.

First things- they lose absolutely everything. They lost our order for the bridesmaids dresses. They then called me asking if they could order them when they already told us they were ordered. While on the phone with them they asked me what dresses the girls wanted... and color. Even though we had gone there, signed papers with the style number, color, and the girls' measurements. So I'm more than terrified they messed that up.

The dresses just came in, and they sent the girls a post card..... The post card stated the remainder of their balance was due 5 days prior to them even receiving the post card..

When we went to try on the bridesmaids dresses we made an appointment, and we had to fend for ourselves. There were no other customers in the store and our 'helper' decided she'd rather go sit behind the counter. I am so beyond happy I did not order my dress from here. I know I would regret it.

I would stay away if you don't want to stress out and babysit your order. They seem to be stuck in 1985, and are less than helpful.

Profile Picture User4304542, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews