Country Bride and Gent Reviews

165 | West Point, PA

165 Reviews for Country Bride and Gent

165 Country Bride and Gent Reviews

Kylie · Married on 09/15/2018

Country Bride and Gent has been a part of my life since my first homecoming dress needs. I have returned occasion after occasion from prom dresses to bridesmaid dresses for friend's weddings. So it only made sense to return here for my wedding dress. The people here are so thoughtful, accommodating, and genuinely interested in making you feel beautiful or handsome. I went in thinking that I had an idea of what I wanted and nothing was working quite the way I thought it would. So, instead of getting frustrated with me, the lady helping me was calm and patient and suggested we switch gears and try a range of things. There is a reason she is the expert! That is exactly what I needed to do to get a sense for what really made me feel beautiful.

The prices here are also very reasonable and the quality is always impeccable! I am also renting my father and brother's tuxes from Country Bride and Gent and they are amazing!!!! We went to Men's Warehouse first and I honestly had a slight panic attack. The selection was limited, you could not try on the actual styles (only things for size), and the prices were a bit high. We then returned, yet again, to Country Bride and Gent. The selection, quality, and customer service we found here was out of this world! I could not be more thrilled with my dashing men and I know they will look fabulous on the big day!

Tori · Married on 09/08/2018

We got my dress, the bridesmaids dresses, and the groomsmen suits here and it was a very pleasant experience. They answered every question (even if it wasn't clothing related, just wedding questions in general!) The wedding process was stressful, but they truly helped make it as easy as possible!

Eric · Married on 07/14/2018

I read the other reviews on here and it seems like people just get upset for little things and then write about them. I had a very different experience. I am the groom and got fitted and picked out a tux for me and my groomsmen. I have to say that my experience here was one of the best "service" experiences I have ever had. Ed is the definition of a professional tailor. I truly felt like a million bucks. He made this experience a memorable one. Ed cared about the big items and down to the tiniest details. He addressed all of the concerns for me and my spouse (We are getting remarried - Renewing our Vows getting married in the Church) . I am on the heavier size so I had to get a custom shirt made and a larger size of the Michael Kors Dark Grey Tux which was awesome and GQ smooth!! He made sure everything fit perfect to where I was comfortable. He did not rush me, in fact I spent several hours there both times to ensure I was satisfied. I really appreciated his humbleness and his true knowledge of the industry. His experience is second to none. What Ed did for us, I do not think I could thank him enough with words. I thought to myself and explained to my wife, I'm only renting these and not spending much at all, and look at all of the attention he has given us. It blew me away. So if you are getting married, going to prom, or even needing a tuxedo for a special occasion, It is worth it to go and see Ed even if you are within 100 miles from the shop - its worth it. And if you do, you will find a way to comment on my review to thank me for referring you to Ed. It was that awesome!!! So if you want to be treated like a king and not have to spend a lot of money, go and see Ed at The Country Bride and Gent!

Melissa · Married on 11/18/2017

CB&G was the BEST to work with for my bridal gown and mother of the bride dress!
    The entire staff is so flexible to work with. They really go above and beyond to accommodate ANY wants/needs you have for your big day. Their hours will accommodate any schedule.
    The gowns were all beautiful and they had ample sizes available to try on in the store. I went to two other shops that had great reviews, but neither came close to comparing to the service and quality I was offered at CB&G. I was VERY impressed with how much we were able to get with our budget. The prices are super competitive. You will not find a better price for the dress you love elsewhere! They definitely have the BEST service AND bang for your buck!
    The consultation was great. I was not rushed or pressured which was the case at other shops. After I purchased my gown and the MOB gown, they kept in touch with me to let me know the status and when it was delivered. I had a few follow up appointments for fittings and the seamstress was incredible to work with as well.
    Hands down, THE BEST experience! I will recommend to everyone we know. Take a visit and see for yourself! You will NOT be disappointed!

Amanda · Married on 10/28/2017

i had a great experience here with my wedding dress! Tons of options and won’t show you things out of your price range! The seamstress there is such an amazing, nice woman. Everything was perfect!

Justyne · Married on 09/09/2017

I had such a great experience finding a wedding dress at Country Bride and Gent! Alyssa was able to see my vision and stay within my budget to find the perfect dress! Stacy did an incredible job with alterations making the dress fit like a glove and bustle beautifully! They took the same care with my mom as they took with me, helping her find an amazing dress right off the rack and making it fit just right! Our groomsmen and fathers rented their tuxedos here with the help of Ed and Davante, who could not have done a better job making everyone look perfect. They had great attention to detail and took the time to remember our past interactions and thoughts about the look we were trying to achieve. We could not have been more pleased with our decision to work with Country Bride and Gent!

sarah · Married on 07/16/2017

Love the team here! They were super helpful getting my wedding gown as well as all the bridesmaids & moms dresses! They also did all the tuxedos for the groom, groomsman and the ring bearer!

• User6162669 · 1+ year ago

I recently just got engaged and went to Country Bride and Gent to try on wedding dresses! Sandy was more than accommodating and helpful! I was very picky with my selection and she still managed to find a few dresses of my liking! I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone!

Dominique · Married on 04/30/2017

This place is amazing. They found me my dream dress with just 3 tries and made sure i had my dress in time for my wedding that was 5 months away. The alterations were perfect and their staff makes you feel so comfortable and work with you. I will recommend this place to any and everyone.

• User6077502 · 1+ year ago

Country Bride and Gent was a pleasure to work with. My husband, his groomsman, and both our dads got their tuxes there. Gene was great to work with and made sure we were happy and comfortable with all the different options, plus the price and quality could not be beat (we looked around a lot). Strongly recommend!

Rhonda · Married on 08/05/2016

This is the place that I got my dress from. I got the first collection of David Tutera dress off the ru way plus size for my wedding. It was the most awesome dress in ivory lace needed n blinged out. I would not trade it for the world. The ladies were so helpful I looked so beautiful my wedding is still being talked about my dress was so beautiful I can't even explain I was in tears and that's how I knew it was my dress my mom was crying also it was breathtaking a memory that will last forever this will be it the girls were so helpful the tailor lady was awesome I couldn't ask for more. Am sending my sisters there for their wedding. Look out Country Brides here we come again!

Amanda · Married on 07/23/2016

After looking at many dresses at many different stores, I found the dress I loved at Country Bride and Gent. I had a great experience working them. I felt welcomed and comfortable trying on many different dresses. They were great with communication and making appointments. They were fantastic with making sure I was happy with everything, and really helped me to visualize the dress. They are able to provide you with shoes, hair and jewlery accessories as well. They have veils and belts as well. Once I found my dress, I was able to see everything come together. They allowed me to enjoy this experience with my mom and my aunt. We were never rushed or pushed to the side. When I was there, I was given a consultant that stayed with us. All of the women working there are very knowledgeable. Not only did I get my dress there, but we also got my flowergirl's dress there and the men's tuxes. They are so much more reasonable than other places and their service was fantastic!

Trish, the owner, is absolutely exceptional to work with. She is dedicated to helping you find the perfect dress for your wedding. Incredibly accommodating and have a great selection of gowns, MOB dresses, and bridesmaid dresses. one stop shop because they offer a full tuxedo service as well!

Amanda · Married on 10/10/2015

This shop is absolutely wonderful. Everyone there is so willing to help. I had shopped there and wasn't able to find a dress I liked, but then later that day found THE dress, but I didn't want to order it from the shop where I had found the dress. So I called Country Bride and Gent and they ordered the dress for me to my specifications. I dealt with Flossy and she was the nicest person to work with! I was very specific on what I liked and what I didn't like and she went through every gown they had there and found ones that matched my description or ones that she thought may look good on me. She was so willing to work with me and help me pair the veils. And then when I decided to go elsewhere she didn't try to sell me on anything which was such a relief. I had heard horror stories about leaving a bridal boutique without buying and they were so kind.

The country bride and gent was amazing from the moment we stepped in! Not only were their dresses so reasonable, they have great deals if you end up getting all of your bridesmaids and groomsmen dressed from there as well! We came in way under budget from what we thought we would have to spend on my wedding dress, and Denise was amazing at alterations! I had so much fun every time I went in, and the dress fit perfect on the day of! The guys tuxes looked SO nice, they were just perfect, as did my bridesmaid's dresses! Everything was so easy there, even returning the tuxes, thank you thank you country bride for making my life so easy!!

Carrie · Married on 09/05/2015

I got my wedding dress here and Sandy was my consultant. She was great to work with and very accommodating. There was a lot of room to fit my entourage of people who wanted to see me try on dresses. I went back multiple times to try on my dress after I ordered to show other people who couldn't be there with me the day that I picked it out and they were more than happy to help me do that.

My bridesmaids got their dresses at the shop and everyone had a great experience trying on the dress and ordering them. My husband and his groomsmen also rented their tuxes there. The tuxes looked great on everyone and they got great advice about the fit from Ed.

Lucy · Married on 06/07/2015

This is a lovely shop that sells everything from wedding gowns to prom dresses. I worked with Christina who helped me pick out my wedding dress but and also adorably humored my bridesmaids while they had me try on a bunch of the most ridiculous looking gowns they could find just to take pictures of me in it. I made a separate trip back with my mom because I was deciding between 2 dresses from 2 different shops before I ultimately picked the one from here. Everyone here is wonderful and professional. The shop does get insanely busy on weekends during prom season (March-May) because brides and all the local high school juniors and seniors are all out dress hunting. I would recommend making an appointment for a weekday if you need to go dress shopping that time of the year.

Erica · Married on 05/24/2015

I was the girl who had a list of things I did not want for my wedding dress. I really didn't know what looked best so when lady asked me if I was open to anything I am glad I said yes. I said I would never buy a lace dress and I walked out with the most perfect dress....that was covered in lace. Country Bride and Gent are experts in what they do and knew what was going to look best on me. Me, my mom, my sister, and now MIL all picked out dresses for me to try on. I ended up picking the first one I put on...which was also the bridal consultants choice. Everyone was so nice and I am so lucky to have found the perfect dress!!!

emily · Married on 05/17/2015

Country Bride is a great place to go to for all your wedding attire! I got my dress here, the bridesmaids dresses, and all the men's as well! Everyone is friendly and is there to help you find what you want for your wedding day! I wish I could wear my dress every day!

So nice and welcoming to me and my girls. No pressure trying to buy a dress. I did find my dress and can't wait to go back this weekend to get my girls dresses!

Michelle · Married on 04/26/2015

I used the Country Bride and Gent for my wedding dress as well as my bridesmaids' dresses and all of the groom/groomsmens' attire. Every staff member that I came in contact with was so welcoming and truly wanted to help. They listened to exactly what I was looking for and catered to what I wanted in my wedding attire as well as for my bridesmaids. The staff also made gentle suggestions when they thought something else may look better on my body, and it was very helpful. The staff member I was working with picked out a dress, which I tried on first. After trying on 20 different dresses after that, I kept going back to that first dress and eventually picked that dress for my wedding. Throughout this time period, I never felt like I was rushed and she helped me try on as many dresses as I needed to until I was completely satisfied. I had a very similar experience with my bridesmaids dresses. I initially wanted each of the 6 girls in my bridal party to have different dresses. The girls must have tried on 30-40 dresses all together. I was not satisfied with any of the dresses. One of the staff members picked out one dress which I had one girl try on. I loved it so much that I had everyone else try it on and ended up choosing that dress for everyone to wear. They were so patient and always seemed like they wanted to help! I would definitely recommend Country Bride and Gent to anyone getting married in the area!

Andrea · Married on 04/25/2015

Country Bride & Gent was the second shop I visited on my wedding dress search and having Laura as my bridal consultant meant it was my last stop in looking for a dress! Laura listened to my budget and what I was looking for in a dress and then second dress I tried on was the one! It was a wonderful price and I received compliments, even from strangers in the store and on social media, on what a gorgeous and unique dress it was. We used them for my fiancee's tuxes as well and Ed did a fabulous job with them - even fixing a last-minute snafu with pants that were the wrong size the morning of the wedding (due to a groomsman getting measured in another state and sending the measurements in). The ladies at the shop were so sweet, including Sophia that did my alterations. It made the process so fun and I would highly recommend them!

Lindsay · Married on 04/18/2015

I heard about this location from a coworker that had been there previously for her own wedding gown. After three appointments with the big box wedding dress retailer I had to find a better option away from the hustle and bustle. Country Bride and Gent was the answer to my problems. Their store is intimate and quaint not the overpowering and intimidating dress stores I was in before. The staff was polite and helpful the location was so convenient but after the experience I had I would've driven hours. Flossy was so sweet and helpful and really helped boost my low self esteem and helped me find my dream dress. I came in wanting fit and flare lace and walked out in all satin! I had no idea what looked good on me and after trying on several dresses at other stores I was beyond frustrated. But the staff at Bride and Gent took a much more laid back and nurturing approach to help me find my dream dress and work with my tight budget. I would highly recommend them to anyone that doesn't want the center stage spotlight of strangers and brides at the big box retailers and rather be the only bride in the room even if it is just for a moment.

Tara · Married on 03/28/2015

I am SO happy I went to the Country Bride! I first fell in love with "the dress" at another store. However, my experience at said store was not too great, and "the dress" was overpriced and over budget. A few weeks later, I walked into my appointment at the Country Bride. The selection was incredible. I tried on many beautiful dresses. But the thing that shocked me, was that they had The One, and they had it at a fraction of the cost than the other store! I did buy it on sale, but the regular price was still cheaper than the other store for the same dress! We were so pleased with their service and prices, that we got the bridesmaid dresses and tuxes there too! They were so helpful and I would definitely recommend the Country Bride.

Maggie · Married on 01/03/2015

I convinced my fiancé to try the Country Gent instead of a larger chain store and he's very happy he did - the attention and professionalism can't be beat. Ed has been so helpful in finding him the perfect tux and dealing with a few out of state orders. They carry a number of great designers and are incredibly affordable.