Coto Valley Country Club Reviews

Coto Valley Country Club 3
  • Amber

Amber · Getting married on 02/22/2020

Nothing Short of Amazing

I can NOT say enough about this venue. It is everything that I dreamed of for my wedding. Vintage chic and indoors without feeling stuffy and BEAUTIFUL outdoor patios with twinkle lights! Angela, the wedding coordinator, has been nothing short of amazing. This venue has allowed me to have the wedding of my dreams without breaking the bank. We can bring in our owner alcohol and catering! She always gets back to me quickly, is super flexible and really makes you feel so special. She even let me vent to her when I thought I was texting my sister in law and her response was so good! haha I can NOT wait to get married here!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Makayla Flores · Married on 05/31/2019

Beautiful Coto Valley Wedding!

First of all, this venue is A DREAM. It is beautifully landscaped, impeccably manicured and maintained, and is filled with sweet details that make it the perfect place to hold a wedding. I fell in love with the venue moments after seeing it! Also, Angela Sohie from Coto Valley Country is everything that a wedding coordinator should be and more! She is kind, relatable, funny, organized, professional, and comforting. Before meeting her, I really didn’t think that I would need to hire a wedding coordinator, but I am so glad that I did. She had AWESOME (seriously – they were the dream team!) recommendations for wedding vendors, and she made the entire wedding planning process flow quite smoothly. Also, for all the help and peace of mind that she gave me, her fee was remarkably good. I’m not sure my wedding day could have been half of what it was without Angela’s expertise and guidance. As far as wedding coordinators go, she’s among the best! The rest of the team at Coto Valley (especially Henry) is also amazing! They are hard-working and really know what they’re doing. Start to finish, our entire wedding day (and the days leading up to it) flowed so smoothly. I am so glad that we chose to get married at Coto Valley Country Club!

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Kenu

Kenu Felder · Married on 09/30/2018

All that and more

The venue was everything! We were looking for a place where we could bring in our own vendors (mainly for food, my husband is picky). Coto Valley afforded us beautiful scenery, props, and the freedom to make the space our own. The coordinator, Angela, was the very best. She encouraged my wild imagination and was willing to help in any way needed. Believe me, I called and came by often and I do not live close. On the day of the wedding, she was great. Angela jumped in right with my friends to ensure my vision came to life. Thank you Coto Valley Country Club. Oh! I have to give a shout out to HENRY. He helped me tremendously too.

Sent on 11/14/2018

Danica · Married on 04/20/2018

We had our wedding at this venue just a few weeks ago and it was fantastic! It was not only affordable but the staff was incredible. We hired Angela as our wedding coordinator and she was great! She was super responsive throughout the entire process of our wedding, eased all my worries and helped our wedding be stress free!! The day of our wedding went perfectly without any hiccups. Angela kept everything running smoothly alongside our DJ. Angela was so sweet and generous, I couldn't have asked for a better coordinator or a better venue!

Sent on 04/30/2018

Krista · Married on 11/18/2017

Angela is amazing and will help you with whatever you need. They allow outside food and bar which saves money. Our wedding was perfect!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Jen · Married on 09/17/2017

My daughter had her dream wedding here!!! The venue is superb and everyone is so friendly and helpful. I had so many compliments about how beautiful the venue was. A special thanks to Angela!! She is the best, sweetest, most flexible and lovely person you will meet. Thanks for everything!!!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Andy · Married on 09/03/2017

I don't even really know where to begin, really - the short version is that our wedding day would not have been half as memorable as it would have been without Angela and Coto Valley Country Club. From our first meeting, you are taken aback by how stunning the landscaping and overall ambience is. It feels like a combination of a ritzy country club and the down-to-earth feel of your own backyard - a wonderful and unique combination. As soon as we visited, we knew we could throw the book away on venues, as we were sold on the spot. A HUGE plus column item for us was that they allowed us to bring on our OWN food and drinks - this was a major selling point for us, as we were devoted to the idea of having an In-n-Out truck for our wedding...mmmm, Double-Doubles. They also provide plenty of tables and chairs included in the rental fee - amazing!
    They offer a few different options, including their Main Dining Hall, downstairs reception area, outside altar/lawn for the ceremony, and they lay everything out in front of you - no gimmicks, no tricks. Saturdays will cost you a little more, so we opted for a Sunday and added the outdoor lawn for our ceremony. With the trees in full bloom and the altar area surrounded by beauty, we held around a 150 person wedding with ease. We moved the 200 feet from the ceremony into the Main Hall with no problem, and had more than enough room for our Grand Entrance, photo booth, dancing (oh, so much dancing) - plus, there is a MASSIVE bar built into the reception hall, making things easier for your hired help!
    Angela Sohie, the property manager, was one of the most pleasant, attentive and enjoyable people we have ever known. She always had time for our questions, and worked her butt off to ensure that we didn't have anything to worry about on our big day. Angela helped provide us with help regarding bussers, bartenders, and anything else we required (as long as we asked). We love you, Angela! Do yourself a big favor - go with Coto Valley!

Sent on 09/30/2017
    Coto Valley Country Club 4
    Coto Valley Country Club 5
    Coto Valley Country Club 6

Marissa · Married on 12/30/2016

We just got married here a couple weeks ago and everything was PERFECT! It had been raining right up until before the ceremony so we weren't sure about having both an indoor/outdoor reception but it all worked out perfectly. Angela and her staff made sure everything went according to plan and all our guests could talk about was how beautiful the venue was and what a great time they had. One of the perks of Coto Valley is that you are able to bring in your own catering, alcohol, decorations, etc, so it is friendly for the budget and DIY bride! (Don't be scared off by the fact that it's in Coto). They had many saved decorations that previous brides had left so about half our decor was borrowed (also a money saver) and it looked absolutely beautiful. Angela had so many ideas about ways to make everything flow smoothly, look beautiful, and kept everything going according to our plan and timeline on the day of. The venue has a bit of a shabby-chic feel and is yet is very classy! We used the lower room for cocktail hour (both inside and out) and had the upper room for the reception. We had 150 guests and still had plenty of room for a large dance floor, room for a photo booth, a separate area for the cake table and large bar. There is a beautiful bridal room, although due to the huge bridal party (10 bridesmaids and 10 groomsmen), the girls got ready that morning in the cocktail area which was perfect due to the large space, many mirrors and electrical outlets. The guys had the groom's room with video games but also were able to play ping-pong, foosball, and pool while getting ready in a large area completely separated from the ladies. There are many areas for beautiful photos outside (a couple of swings, an old truck with hay, gazebo and green grassy hills with trees). This venue is a hidden gem and has so many different spaces to utilize, we can't say enough good things about this place and would do it again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 01/09/2017

Corinne · Married on 11/12/2016

Thank you Angela and team for making our day so amazing! The reception looked exactly how I had pictured and was everything I wanted and more! It was a dream! We cannot thank you all enough!

Sent on 11/24/2016

Allyson · Married on 10/22/2016

The experience I have had thus far with the Staff at the Coto Valley County Club has been nothing but superb! They truly treat their brides like family, and make sure that everything is prepared for your wedding day! I am so excited to get married at this venue at the end of this year! :)

Sent on 01/21/2016

Coto Valley Country Club offers so much value for the cost! It comes with garden chairs for the ceremony, chiavari chairs for the reception, tables, linens, cocktail tables, gift tables .. We didn't have to pay for any extra rentals, which saved us a lot of money, and it looked beautiful! Everyone said the ceremony was beautiful, and I know they weren't just empty compliments because we were hearing it for weeks after the wedding :) Jay's had great food and top notch service and we were able to have a really nice wedding without breaking the bank. It's a bit of a drive out, but that just adds to the charm of the venue. I'd highly recommend this spot!

Sent on 11/01/2013

I loved this venue, it was beautiful and was very spacious. I loved that we had an outside ceremony, then had three rooms inside for the reception, plus the patio. It was an amazing value and their caterer was phenomenal. The only part that may not be as nice was that if you have an outside ceremony, you are between the parking lot and the road, but that really didn't both me much and it's a very quiet street. It has a more rustic charm about it, and is located inside the Village in Coto de Caza, which itself already has a unique country charm that you would not think you could find in Orange County.

Sent on 02/08/2015