Cope Entertainment Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

• Joseph
    Joseph S. Married on 10/08/2022

5 Stars for Cope Entertainment

Thank you to Matthew who made all the big and little details of DJing our wedding a breeze! From the phone calls before the big day, adding songs to our list, to the actual Wedding, he was professional, friendly, communicative and most importantly made the whole experience fun and our party a blast! We highly recommend Cope Entertainment, thank you Matthew!
  • Mallory
    Mallory H. Married on 09/17/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing experience all around!

So professional. Matthew was so amazing to work with, all of our other vendors made a point of letting us know how incredible, flexible and responsive he was.
    Timothy Married on 09/03/2022

Simply Outstanding

We are so glad we chose Cope Entertainment to be our wedding DJ/MC. From the beginning, Matthew was kind, responsive, and professional. During our meetings, he explained everything we needed to know and answered all of our questions. The music selection page was very straightforward to use, and the event planning page essentially served as a ceremony/reception timeline. We also utilized his uplighting services, which added an extra pop to our venue (Pavilion at Haggin Oaks). It goes without saying that he did a wonderful job as DJ/MC on wedding day.

Wedding planning is hectic. Hire Cope Entertainment, and you'll have a vendor that you never have to worry about.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Toria K. Married on 08/06/2022

Excellent Service

Matthew was great - I arrived at the event and he was ready to go and at the end he packed up and left. Very professional, my guests loved him, raved that we know how to throw a party! Thank you Matthew
  • Jessie
    Jessie W. Married on 07/16/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Matthew did an amazing job!

We got married this past July at Grand Island Mansion in Walnut Grove and Matthew was our DJ. We really enjoyed the process for music selection - Matthew has this online selection tool where clients can add songs to different categories such as "must play", "do not play", etc. I particularly wanted to play this Chinese song during our cake cutting so to represent a bit of where my family comes from and he found the song for me. He was very supportive of us having the wedding we wanted and we love that about him!

Matthew is also great with communication. Perhaps this isn't a quality couples necessarily look for when looking for a DJ, but leading up to the wedding with a lot of loose ends to tie up there is a difference between vendors who take a few business days to respond to emails (still totally understandable) and someone who always gets back to you the day of. You know that feeling where you start to question whether or not to send a follow-up email? With Matthew, we've never once felt like we had to track him down and it gave us peace of mind knowing that he was just a text/phone call away. Find someone who is professional and consistent!

We couldn't be happier on our wedding day. Matthew played every single song we asked for. I wasn't aware but my husband later told me that at one point the flower at our table got too close to the candles and was beginning to catch on fire. Matthew noticed it and put it out. So, in a way, he saved our wedding! We can't recommend him enough.
  • Nathan
    Nathan Married on 05/28/2022

Professional, friendly, and experienced DJ

We were very happy to work with Matthew for our wedding. His system helped us easily choose songs and customize the event. A number of guests also commented on his professionalism. He was friendly and easy-going whenever we had Zoom meetings. We were also one of the bumped COVID weddings and were grateful Matthew was quite flexible as we found a new date. Thanks again for helping us through a great party!
  • Y
    Yasmine A. Married on 04/23/2022

An awesome wedding MC & DJ

Matthew was our DJ for our wedding this passed weekend at Elegance Banquets in Lodi, CA. He was very organized and professional, he made sure we had everything in order with a timeline he created for us using his online planner! He was the absolute best and had everything flow so perfectly. He provided the best MC and DJ services! Great with last minute changes as well. We could have not chosen a better DJ than him! I am so happy we had him be a part of our special day! If you are thinking about having Matthew be your DJ, do it!!! You will not regret it 💗
  • Susan
    Susan H. Married on 10/23/2021

Fantastic Experience

We are so grateful that we chose Matthew for our DJ. He was professional and easy to work with throughout the entire process. Most importantly he made our ceremony and reception flow seamlessly. We did not even realize how much we needed him until we were in the moment. You will be thrilled with his services!!!
    Namquyen N. Married on 09/18/2021

Greatest mc/dj!

Cope Entertainment was a godsend! Made all the transitions smooth and was flexible with all my ever changing requests in the schedule! He even worked with a family friend to mic him up while he sang acoustic. So fun and easy to work with! And was ON POINT with all the music!
    Megan R. Married on 09/04/2021

Matt is a great DJ!

Matt was a great DJ! He went above and beyond to make our day awesome. He even put together a fantastic mashup for my Father Daughter dance that we will both remember for the rest of our lives! Definitely recommend.

Cope Entertainment's reply:

Awww, thank you Megan so much. I had the best time editing that mix for you guys. I even danced to it in my living room with my own daughter. I was able to teach my 9 year old the Macarena, lol!
  • Kimberly
    Kimberly Married on 05/28/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A great DJ and a great person

We had the best time with Matt as our DJ and MC. Our dance floor was full the entire night, and our ceremony songs were perfectly queued. But more importantly, the extra miles he went when our original wedding date of May 2020 was changed multiple times is priceless. He was so supportive and willing to help as we navigated new dates and different venues and never asked for anything extra. He has a true passion for his work which shows with his enthusiasm to make our day/night exactly what we wanted. We were so thankful to have Matt on our team as we navigated the covid wedding route. Highly recommend not just for the professionalism but for the personalization of him treating you as a person and not just a customer.
    Courtney Married on 04/02/2021

Amazing!!!

Matt was super personable and completely ready to make our night the best. He succeeded! We wouldn’t have chose any other DJ, he made my husband and I happy as well as all of our guests! 100% would choose him again no hesitation. If you want a fun night, choose him!
    Michael N. Married on 12/14/2019

Great Experience with Cope Entertainment

Matthew and Cope Entertainment were excellent to work with, the communication throughout was fantastic and he helped us truly personalize our experience while also taking a lot of the stress out of the process. We received many compliments on how the entertainment and music was run throughout the night, and I felt like I had a great deal of input on the choices but was confident in Matthew running the show so I could enjoy my wedding. We would highly recommend to other couples.
  • Z
    Zach Married on 09/07/2019

Dj Matthew Cope is the best

Dj Matthew Cope was the DJ for our wedding at the Firehouse in Sacramento and was beyond incredible. Definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ who will accomodate their "style" for their wedding and is a great price compared to other DJs in the area. We had the dance floor filled throughout the wedding and Matt helped keep the wedding flow very smoothly with ease.
    Eeva N. Married on 07/27/2019

Helpful, responsive, entertaining!

Matthew really helped us figure out what we wanted to do regarding not just music for the reception but order of service and what we needed for our ceremony. He answered all our questions and was professional and helpful and clearly knew how best to help us. Day of, he was a great MC, and he was really responsive to all our guests and their requests. He even included my nephew in his work and showed him a bit of how to DJ which he loved! He was fun and engaging and all our guests had a great time. I would definitely recommend hiring him for your event or wedding!
  • Iven
    Iven C. Married on 10/13/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Incredible service from Cope Entertainment!

We had the pleasure of working with DJ/MC Mathew Cope from Cope Entertainment for our wedding in Newcastle, CA. From beginning to end, Mathew was attentive, quick to respond and very professional. He is a genuinely nice man and will provide the perfect ambience for your occasion. He took time to get to know us over a few meetings and crafted the perfect soundtrack for our wedding. He kept the wedding running smooth based off our itinerary and was quick to adapt to any last minute changes. His pricing beats the competition without sacrificing quality. We definitely recommend Cope Entertainment for you DJ/MC needs!
    Summer Married on 09/15/2018

Excellent wedding DJ!

I highly recommend DJ Matthew Cope! I was very particular about the music I wanted played at the wedding..and he nailed it! He was easy to work with and clearly very experienced. He allowed us to choose the songs we wanted but also knew what else to play based on the list. He was also an excellent master of ceremonies which I learned is soooo important. He made the night flow very well!
    Ryan Married on 06/15/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Matthew is a great DJ and an even better person. He is professional, knowledgeable, and caring.

We had booked two DJ's prior to finding Matthew, only to have them flake. Matthew saved us and even price matched the previous DJ, even though he was under no obligation to do so. Our only regret is that we did not find him first!

Matthew went above and beyond, and I would recommend him for any of your music needs.
    Rebecca Married on 05/26/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Matthew was a great DJ, from the beginning planning process through the set up and day of. He kept everything moving and flowing throughout the night. Everyone danced and there wasn't anyone left without sore feet the next day. After our wedding we received so many compliments about how much fun everyone had and how good the DJ and the music selection was. I would absolutely recommend Matthew to anyone. A professional from beginning to end.
    Teresa Married on 05/19/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Where do I even begin with Matthew?? My now husband and I live in Philadelphia but were getting married in Sacramento. He communicated with us responsively and timely regarding our reception being held at Capitol Plaza Ballrooms in Sacramento; Matthew also has this awesome online portal that allows you to choose the songs and put in helpful information about your reception. He was so so professional and kind during this whole process and really helped make our day special! He called us several times to talk about the wedding and really made the reception about us and our tastes. During the process, I decided to go with uplighting at the reception, and he scheduled a meeting with my sister living in Sacramento to go to the venue and decide which uprights look best. During the reception, he even played the Philadelphia Eagles song at the request of my husband which really made our guests' night!! Those are just some of the things Matthew did to make this process easy and our special day so memorable. He is an incredibly talented DJ and I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND him and his services!!!
    Jeramie Married on 11/18/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    First off I must say, Matthew is a very professional and talented DJ. As my wife can attest, I am not often this impressed, which has ultimately moved me to take some time to review Matthew’s work with and for us. I had no idea what to expect in a wedding DJ, other than he should play some good love songs and hopefully nothing that I hate, right? I’ve been to a few weddings, even DJ’d one myself, and all of that pales in comparison to what Mathew brings to the table. We hired him based on suggestion from our wedding planner Randy at the Firehouse. From our first face to face meeting I knew he had his act together. I tried diligently to stump him, but his musical knowledge is unparalleled! I can even say I feel a little more musically enlightened. He made it very easy for us to suggest music, even to the point that I needed only to tell him names of bands that I listened to and he would be able to fine something that would work for a wedding. What? Really? So I tested that too, and he pulled it off. He did give me the song list that he was going to play before our wedding day, but I decided to hold off and enjoy it in the moment. Every song that I heard I was impressed! Yes, I did get a Faith No More song played at my wedding! Well played, Matthew, well played indeed! Not to mention all the other wonderful heart felt tunes and obscure covers that fit the mood. Just amazing. And that’s just our songs. He did a great job of mixing in songs from our guests and played stuff that makes everyone get on the dance floor and have a great time. He did a fantastic job of keeping everything moving along with no audible gaps, announcing when things were happening, where things were happening, an all around bang up job of MC’ing so that my wife and I could celebrate our wedding day with our friends and family and not have to worry about a thing. I can’t said it enough about him, if you want or need a wedding DJ, he's your man. Thank you again Matt! - Jeramie Ivie
    Melissa Married on 11/18/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I would hands down recommend Matthew Cope and Cope Entertainment for DJ and wedding needs! One of the first things he said to me about being a DJ at a wedding was that it isn’t his job to be the center of attention, it’s his job to “make sure nobody wants to leave.” And this is just the kind of DJ we wanted at our wedding. My husband and I had an amazing experience working with him. He met with us in person and helped feel out the kind of wedding we wanted. He was incredibly responsive by email, text, and via the website he uses to pull together the format for events. And the website he uses is an excellent tool for helping to form your ideas for what songs are needed and when. With our wedding being off season and at a preferred venue (the Firehouse Restaurant) he also worked with us on pricing and payment, which was very helpful and considerate. And on the day of the wedding he was the perfect DJ for our day. He was on time, professional, good humored, and he kept the day rolling and fun. He mixed music that was perfect for us, got the guests dancing, and made sure to mention the things we wanted him to. He kept things moving on time which is something I can’t recommend enough to have someone else doing at a wedding. You’ll be too distracted to do it and want someone you can trust. Matthew is definitely a guy you can trust! He helped make our day memorable and fun, and I’ll forever be glad for those memories!
    Norma Married on 08/06/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    An excellent master of ceremony, worked well with our song choices and provided a level of service beyond what we could have hoped for. His entertainment level drew in all of our guests. Whether a large group or small intimate gathering, Mathew's artistry is exactly the DJ for your event.
    Megan Married on 06/24/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I cannot recommend Matthew Cope and Cope Entertainment enough. He MCed and DJed for my wedding on June 24 and he did such an amazing job!

Before the wedding, he was incredibly responsive and happy to meet and discuss as much as we needed. The online planner made it so easy and fun for us to plan our playlist and give all the details that made our day extra special. I am a very detailed-oriented person and music is incredibly important to me, so I had a lot of special requests and particulars that I wanted for my wedding, and he made sure everything was absolutely perfect!

On the day of, Matt took great care of us. He was right by our sides, making sure we were happy and having a great time. His MCing was absolutely on point and he got our crowd super pumped and excited. We completed trusted him with the timeline and he kept the whole night running so smoothly. I cannot say enough how awesome his DJing was! EVERYONE was on the dance floor (all the way from my little old grandma to my 14 and 16 year old cousins) having an absolute blast! Every song, and I mean every single one, was perfect and segued flawlessly. His equipment sounded amazing and it was never too loud or distorted or too quiet. My guests made requests and I heard all my favorite music all night long. We got so many compliments that it was the best dancing and most fun our guests had ever had at a wedding. I absolutely don't doubt it -- it was seriously the best dancing and best party I have ever been to!

If you can, book him today! I cannot recommend Cope Entertainment enough. Absolutely perfect and amazing job!
    Emily Married on 06/09/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Matthew did a great job at our wedding! Everything he needed leading up to the wedding was super easy and stress free for us, he really worked hard to make sure he wasn't adding alot of extra onto our plate. We got a ton of compliments on the music!
illustration stars