Cope Entertainment Reviews

75 Reviews for Cope Entertainment

75 Cope Entertainment Reviews
  • Iven

Iven Couvrette · Married on 10/13/2018

Incredible service from Cope Entertainment!

We had the pleasure of working with DJ/MC Mathew Cope from Cope Entertainment for our wedding in Newcastle, CA. From beginning to end, Mathew was attentive, quick to respond and very professional. He is a genuinely nice man and will provide the perfect ambience for your occasion. He took time to get to know us over a few meetings and crafted the perfect soundtrack for our wedding. He kept the wedding running smooth based off our itinerary and was quick to adapt to any last minute changes. His pricing beats the competition without sacrificing quality. We definitely recommend Cope Entertainment for you DJ/MC needs!

Ryan · Married on 06/15/2018

Matthew is a great DJ and an even better person. He is professional, knowledgeable, and caring.

We had booked two DJ's prior to finding Matthew, only to have them flake. Matthew saved us and even price matched the previous DJ, even though he was under no obligation to do so. Our only regret is that we did not find him first!

Matthew went above and beyond, and I would recommend him for any of your music needs.

Rebecca · Married on 05/26/2018

Matthew was a great DJ, from the beginning planning process through the set up and day of. He kept everything moving and flowing throughout the night. Everyone danced and there wasn't anyone left without sore feet the next day. After our wedding we received so many compliments about how much fun everyone had and how good the DJ and the music selection was. I would absolutely recommend Matthew to anyone. A professional from beginning to end.

Teresa · Married on 05/19/2018

Where do I even begin with Matthew?? My now husband and I live in Philadelphia but were getting married in Sacramento. He communicated with us responsively and timely regarding our reception being held at Capitol Plaza Ballrooms in Sacramento; Matthew also has this awesome online portal that allows you to choose the songs and put in helpful information about your reception. He was so so professional and kind during this whole process and really helped make our day special! He called us several times to talk about the wedding and really made the reception about us and our tastes. During the process, I decided to go with uplighting at the reception, and he scheduled a meeting with my sister living in Sacramento to go to the venue and decide which uprights look best. During the reception, he even played the Philadelphia Eagles song at the request of my husband which really made our guests' night!! Those are just some of the things Matthew did to make this process easy and our special day so memorable. He is an incredibly talented DJ and I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND him and his services!!!

Melissa · Married on 11/18/2017

I would hands down recommend Matthew Cope and Cope Entertainment for DJ and wedding needs! One of the first things he said to me about being a DJ at a wedding was that it isn’t his job to be the center of attention, it’s his job to “make sure nobody wants to leave.” And this is just the kind of DJ we wanted at our wedding. My husband and I had an amazing experience working with him. He met with us in person and helped feel out the kind of wedding we wanted. He was incredibly responsive by email, text, and via the website he uses to pull together the format for events. And the website he uses is an excellent tool for helping to form your ideas for what songs are needed and when. With our wedding being off season and at a preferred venue (the Firehouse Restaurant) he also worked with us on pricing and payment, which was very helpful and considerate. And on the day of the wedding he was the perfect DJ for our day. He was on time, professional, good humored, and he kept the day rolling and fun. He mixed music that was perfect for us, got the guests dancing, and made sure to mention the things we wanted him to. He kept things moving on time which is something I can’t recommend enough to have someone else doing at a wedding. You’ll be too distracted to do it and want someone you can trust. Matthew is definitely a guy you can trust! He helped make our day memorable and fun, and I’ll forever be glad for those memories!

Jeramie · Married on 11/18/2017

First off I must say, Matthew is a very professional and talented DJ. As my wife can attest, I am not often this impressed, which has ultimately moved me to take some time to review Matthew’s work with and for us. I had no idea what to expect in a wedding DJ, other than he should play some good love songs and hopefully nothing that I hate, right? I’ve been to a few weddings, even DJ’d one myself, and all of that pales in comparison to what Mathew brings to the table. We hired him based on suggestion from our wedding planner Randy at the Firehouse. From our first face to face meeting I knew he had his act together. I tried diligently to stump him, but his musical knowledge is unparalleled! I can even say I feel a little more musically enlightened. He made it very easy for us to suggest music, even to the point that I needed only to tell him names of bands that I listened to and he would be able to fine something that would work for a wedding. What? Really? So I tested that too, and he pulled it off. He did give me the song list that he was going to play before our wedding day, but I decided to hold off and enjoy it in the moment. Every song that I heard I was impressed! Yes, I did get a Faith No More song played at my wedding! Well played, Matthew, well played indeed! Not to mention all the other wonderful heart felt tunes and obscure covers that fit the mood. Just amazing. And that’s just our songs. He did a great job of mixing in songs from our guests and played stuff that makes everyone get on the dance floor and have a great time. He did a fantastic job of keeping everything moving along with no audible gaps, announcing when things were happening, where things were happening, an all around bang up job of MC’ing so that my wife and I could celebrate our wedding day with our friends and family and not have to worry about a thing. I can’t said it enough about him, if you want or need a wedding DJ, he's your man. Thank you again Matt! - Jeramie Ivie

Norma · Married on 08/06/2017

An excellent master of ceremony, worked well with our song choices and provided a level of service beyond what we could have hoped for. His entertainment level drew in all of our guests. Whether a large group or small intimate gathering, Mathew's artistry is exactly the DJ for your event.

Megan · Married on 06/24/2017

I cannot recommend Matthew Cope and Cope Entertainment enough. He MCed and DJed for my wedding on June 24 and he did such an amazing job!

Before the wedding, he was incredibly responsive and happy to meet and discuss as much as we needed. The online planner made it so easy and fun for us to plan our playlist and give all the details that made our day extra special. I am a very detailed-oriented person and music is incredibly important to me, so I had a lot of special requests and particulars that I wanted for my wedding, and he made sure everything was absolutely perfect!

On the day of, Matt took great care of us. He was right by our sides, making sure we were happy and having a great time. His MCing was absolutely on point and he got our crowd super pumped and excited. We completed trusted him with the timeline and he kept the whole night running so smoothly. I cannot say enough how awesome his DJing was! EVERYONE was on the dance floor (all the way from my little old grandma to my 14 and 16 year old cousins) having an absolute blast! Every song, and I mean every single one, was perfect and segued flawlessly. His equipment sounded amazing and it was never too loud or distorted or too quiet. My guests made requests and I heard all my favorite music all night long. We got so many compliments that it was the best dancing and most fun our guests had ever had at a wedding. I absolutely don't doubt it -- it was seriously the best dancing and best party I have ever been to!

If you can, book him today! I cannot recommend Cope Entertainment enough. Absolutely perfect and amazing job!

Emily · Married on 06/09/2017

Matthew did a great job at our wedding! Everything he needed leading up to the wedding was super easy and stress free for us, he really worked hard to make sure he wasn't adding alot of extra onto our plate. We got a ton of compliments on the music!

Stacy · Married on 05/20/2017

Matthew is awesome! We hired him to dj/mc our wedding this past May and he definitely surpassed our expectations. He was funny, polite, professional, and played every song we had asked. He also spent extra time making sure the aisle songs I had chosen were played at the correct timing. Matthew kept the party going even after we (bride and groom) left and we heard everyone had a blast! Thank you Matthew!

Leticia · Married on 05/13/2017

Awesome DJ! He was very friendly and funny during our reception, but most of all he played all the songs we requested and played a wonderful array of music that kept everyone dancing like crazy.

Joe · Married on 05/06/2017

Matt was a great DJ. You can tell he is doing what he loves.

Casandra · Married on 03/11/2017

Matt was our DJ for March wedding in Sacramento and did an amazing job. We live in San Jose but the wedding planning process was easy with him. Most of the planning was done online. We skyped several times to talk about details and points and to make sure we were on track. We had some unusual musical requests and Matt really got into it for us. We had a lot of video game/movie music selected and he took liberties incorporating other selections that people raved about afterward.

We were very happy he was able to incorporate our nerdiness without it being too in your face. The gamers/movie lovers got the references but people who weren't into it just heard nice music - which is what we wanted. We had other genre music as well and it was a big hit with the crowd.

Overall, he DJ'ed the event amazingly. People liked him and he kept the event on track.

Afterward, there was one word that people used to describe our wedding: Fun. Which is exactly what we wanted.

We hired Matt at Coper Entertainment for our wedding at the firehouse in 11/2016. He was by far our favorite vendor of the day. He was listed as a preferred vendor and we can see why! From the beginning, he was very personable, down to earth, and easy going. We communicated through emails then on Skype. He was very prompt with correspondence and always made sure the music matched our taste. A day before our wedding, we met with him once more to go over the wedding program. We felt at ease and relaxed knowing that our music will be in good hands. An added bonus is that Matt showed up dressed up in a dapper outfit with button up shirt and tie. This may seem small, but it meant a lot to us that he was dressed up and was truly excited to be there to celebrate with us. My husband and I love all types of music and he really captured what we love in the playlist on our wedding day. Everyone has been raving about the music from our wedding, not just during open dancing, but during cocktail hour and dinner as wel.. We had such a great time. I had so much fun, in fact, I never left the dance floor :) At then conclusion of the night, he even stuck around to answer random questions that I had for him. Thank you, Matt for capturing our personalities and making our wedding one for the ages! We thank our lucky stars that Randy referred us to you because without you, our wedding wouldn't have been as special. We will recommend you in a heartbeat!

• Cheryl

Cheryl · Married on 10/20/2016

The party doesn't stop with DJ Matthew Cope!

Let's admit that choosing a DJ can be difficult. Whereas anything else with a wedding, you can look at pictures of flowers, cakes, venues etc. but with a DJ, it could be paying a $1,500 ticket to a concert for a band you've never heard of. So let's take the guessing out of it entirely and enter DJ Matthew Cope.

For the super organized bride like myself, his song selection data base system was a dream. It is a web-based system where you can fill out every song on the MUST PLAY as well as the DO NOT play lists and all the details for the day.

But don't worry if you're aren't particular as I am because Matthew knows how to read a crowd better than anyone else. Not only does he keep the party going all night with the best music, but he has a "radio voice" that naturally commands a room. He knows how to direct a wedding party and guests to make sure everyone is on time, having fun, and even makes sure the bride doesn't trip in that random crack on the ground.

If you want to have the best wedding with an experienced, detailed, professional, DJ Matthew Cope is your best bet.

Elyssa · Married on 09/16/2016

Matt was enthusiastic, professional, reliable, and communicative from the time of our very first chat, to the very end of our Reception!

Planning with him was a breeze since he has his own Client Portal that you can log into to choose your “must-have” songs and plan the loose flow of how you want your ceremony/reception to go. You are able to access this for months before “the big day” and it was super easy to use and modify whenever.

When we met with him a few weeks before our event, he was extremely easy-going and was very focused on delivering the type of reception that WE wanted to have. He is truly interested in giving you an in individualized experience and creating a vibe that is customized to both your crowd and style.

My husband and I were planning a reception only since we would be getting married in a semi-private ceremony in Tahoe a few days before. Since the wedding ceremony formalities would basically be over, we really just wanted a fun, upbeat, celebratory atmosphere with a lot of dancing and a combination of music that would please both our friends in their late 20’s/early 30’s, as well as our family and their friends too. He absolutely delivered on this front, and had the dance floor packed with people of all ages throughout the entire 3 hours that it was open! We got so many compliments from our guests in the days following saying what a blast they had at our reception, and I know that this is largely because of Matt and his ability to read our crowd!

Not only that, but he managed the flow of our evening perfectly. He followed our planned timeline but was also totally flexible with the timing of our first dance, speeches, etc. and made little tweaks and announcements as necessary without us needing to get involved what-so-ever.

There is absolutely nothing that I would change about Matt’s contribution to our reception. It was truly a perfect night, and one that we will remember fondly for the rest of our lives!

Jenna · Married on 09/09/2016

Cope Entertainment, Matthew did an amazing job! He did my friend's wedding and it was so fun, so I decided to use him for our wedding. It had the best music! He did an amazing job picking music that fit both of us, the guests and kept the flow of the wedding going. Everyone was dancing and having a great time. I could not imagine our wedding and reception without Cope Entertainment!

Katie · Married on 08/20/2016

Matthew Cope is AWESOME! #1 he helps keep you wedding party in order before they walk down the aisle, so that things go smoothly. #2 He is super flexible, we changed the slideshow music 2 hrs before and he was accommodating. #3 He is a great DJ & keeps your guests entertained. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a responsible, trustworthy, reliable awesome dj! Thank you Cope entertainment! -Katie Bravo

Katie · Married on 08/20/2016

Matthew Cope is a great DJ and MC! I would recommend him to everyone looking for someone that wants a flexible,reliable and awesome wedding planner. Matthew put together a great timelime for our wedding.

We completely forgot to get a back drop for oir head table, matthew made it look beautiful with uplighting behind the head table. About 2 hours before the wedding i dedided to change a song for the slideshow. He did that with no problem at all. Then right before the ceremony he got my wedding party in order quick to walk out. They looked amazing because of his great direction.

He kept our party going with great music, lights and events, garter and bouqet toss, money dance, ext. I would definitely call him again for any event. Thank you Matthew for making Shawn and I have an amazing day and making it go so smoothly. Sincerely Shawn and Katie Bravo

Tatum · Married on 08/06/2016

Matthew was extremely helpful with planning the timeline of the ceremony and I couldn't have asked for a better MC to guide the night smoothly and effortlessly. I didn't have an event coordinator for the reception and he worked great with my venue, caterers, and photographers to make sure the night transitioned flawlessly.

Sara · Married on 07/22/2016

DJ Matthew Cope was a perfect DJ for our wedding. He was upbeat and played all the music we wanted to hear! He was also extremely flexible when our timeline went a bit off as the night got later. We would highly recommend him.

Laura · Married on 06/12/2016

Matthew both listened to our desires regarding the type of atmosphere we wanted at our wedding and delivered just that!! His experience and professional creative skills were amazing!! My husband and I would highly recommend Cope Entertainment to anyone!
    Laura Saechao

Casey · Married on 06/10/2016

So you're looking for a DJ for your special event? A wedding perhaps? Well my wife and I were too, and we're SO lucky that we found Matthew! I found Matthew through Yelp actually, and after talking with him via email and phone, we felt confident that he'd be a good choice. What I didn't know at the time, is that I was wrong...he was literally the PERFECT choice! Matthew makes the process extremely easy for you. He's got an online planner that you plug all your details into, plug songs into, plug requests from guests into, fill out that handy "do not play" list for all those boring or rowdy songs, etc. He set up a few phone calls with us to make sure we were all set up and on track, he met us at the venue in person to discuss details and layout during the wedding, and we never felt pressured or overwhelmed by any part of the process.

So let's get to the day of the wedding. The setup looked great, Matthew was on time, had his gear ready to go, and playlist ready to reign fire down on the dance floor. As far as the MC'ing portion of his job that night, he was great. Everything went smooth as butter. I had literally 10+ guests come up to me and compliment me on "my" awesome playlist of songs. Although I wouldn't mind the compliment at all, it wasn't mine to keep. We honestly didn't give Matthew a ton of help. We more or less just gave him some examples of artists we like and he worked his magic. Dancing was great too! He got everyone out on the dance floor no problem and kept the night going until the venue kicked us all out. Check out my review on yelp for more details (limited by number of characters here haha). Matthew...thank you for an absolutely awesome night! Everyone else...trust me...just book with Cope! :)

Janel · Married on 06/10/2016

Matthew was our DJ at our wedding 06/26/16. He listened to our wants and delivered. He was very flexible when things didn't go as timely as planned and he was very helpful. I just wish the party could have kept on going! Our guest had a wonderful time. Matthew did a great job keeping the party going!

Sean · Married on 04/30/2016

Feel comfortable stopping your DJ search right now. Matthew is the real deal. He made the planning process incredibly easy and made his expertise apparent until the big day. Planning from a distance, he was able to meet with us several times over Skype and on the phone. The big day went off without a single issue. Matthew is a natural behind the microphone and took control of the entire event. He is very reasonably priced for the quality of DJ/MC that you receive. He has a professional set up and excellent equipment. We provided him with our own projector and laptop for a slideshow that he operated and tore down with no hesitation. We also provided him with a difficult dancing crowd but he did a wonderful job switching things up and getting people onto the dance floor. From sitting everyone down before the ceremony all the way to closing out the reception, Matthew was the perfect DJ/MC for our wedding. We couldn't be happier and I highly recommend Cope Entertainment for your wedding and reception.