Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa Reviews

Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa 6
Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa 7
  • Sarah

Sarah Shields · Married on 05/25/2019

Wonderful experience and beautiful location!

Had an amazing experience with the Copamarina and Leila, the events coordinator. The location is beautiful for weddings! Everything was set up as discussed early on the day. The gazebo has a beautiful ocean backdrop and dressed up nicely with curtains (provided by Copamarina) and flowers. The reception area in the Alexandra restaurant was perfect for our small wedding. Had plenty of room for a 5 member band and dancing. All of the staff were very welcoming and accommodating. They truly went above and beyond! The food was amazing!! From the cocktail hour to the buffet, it was all top quality. Even our meals at the Las Palmas cafe during our stay were amazing. Can’t thank the Copamarina enough for helping make our wedding dream a reality!

Sent on 06/20/2019

Barbara Owen · Married on 04/06/2019

Magical place with amazingly friendly, helpful employees

The pictures don’t do Copamarina justice...this is just the prettiest spot, with the most chill vibe. From beginning the planning process of my daughter wedding to the day after, everyone was ultra helpful (especially Leila)! On the way to the resort I kept thinking, why didn’t we just do this in San Juan. After just a few minutes there, however, I knew this was the magical place every bride dreams of. The grounds are beautiful, the food and drink absolutely delish (and I’m picky) and Leila and the rest of the staff is super helpful and so sweet! If you want to get married in PR, I can’t imagine a more perfect place!!!

Sent on 04/11/2019
  • Marilyn

Marilyn Goenner · Married on 03/23/2019

Copamarina Beach Resort and Spa

Excellent staff. Very professional and accommodating from day one. Wedding coordinator Leila Lugo was always available when I needed her. Every phone call was always answered and her assistance was amazing. Planning a destination wedding is not easy and she made it extremely comforting. I highly recommend copamarina, the staff and Leila Lugo as a must for a wedding destination.

Sent on 04/24/2019
    Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa 8
    Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa 9
    Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa 10
    Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa 11
  • Maibys

Maibys Rodriguez Aragon · Married on 01/20/2019

The perfect place for a perfect day!!!

We can say thousands of compliments to Copamarina, but none will be good enough to describe it, our wedding was magic, unique, unforgettable, the perfect beach wedding! This place is literally a PARADISE!!!!! The staff superb, they went above and beyond to accommodate all and each request from us and our family! We don't have words to thank enough! Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 01/27/2019
    Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa 25
  • Y

Yazmine · Married on 12/26/2018

Excellent hassle-free experience!

Leila Lugo helped us plan our wedding, and she was one of the reasons why we decided to go with Copamarina, in addition to the fact that the place is way too beautiful! She was extremely helpful and friendly and made our planning hassle free. The process went by smoothly and everything was spectacular, from the service to the friendliness of the staff to the setup for the ceremony and the reception. We could not have asked for a better wedding! Thank you, Copamarina and Leila!!!

Sent on 12/29/2018
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 11/11/2018

Amazing experience! (Teary eyes)

As you can know, planning a destination wedding is a nerve wrecking experience. We had a very specific vision of how we wanted the wedding to look like; we wanted it to be on a beach in Puerto Rico, secluded with a beautiful tropical setting but did not want the commercialized feel. After long searches we came across the Copamarina Beach Resort and it was love at first sight! Copamarina seemed to be everything we were looking for and more! We immediately reached out and were connected with sweet Leila-Wedding & Social Event Catering Manager. Leila provided us with all the information needed, was very accommodating and sensitive to any concerns. Leila, if you read this, please know that you are amazing. I appreciated your professionalism and guidance through the entire process.
    Upon our arrival, I (bride) was greeted with a very nice surprised from Copamarina! I won’t mentioned the surprise so that future brides can be surprised too! Wedding day was perfect and magical!!
    The almost year long planning was stressful but sooo worth it! Friends, families that traveled to Puerto Rico for our big day and all were very impressed with the resort.
    We would absolutely recommend Copamarina Beach Resort for weddings, vacations or a quick get away. The Resort is just breathtaking beauty all around. We will be going back next year for our first year anniversary!! Thank You Leila for making this experience as great as you did.

Sent on 12/02/2018
  • Maricel

Maricel · Married on 09/29/2018

Absolutely fantastic!!! Me encantó!😍

With every detail, Miguel was 100% there for us!! Love the hotel, loved the staff, loved everything!!!!! Gracias, Miguel!!❤️

Sent on 10/20/2018

Andrea · Married on 06/09/2018

Muy contentos con la atención y la coordinación. Un lugar precioso para realizar bodas, especialmente para los amantes del mar y vistas hermosas para hacer fotografías. Nos casamos este fin de semana 9 de Junio de 2018, planificamos nuestra boda en un tiempo récord, en un mes. Y realmente con la ayuda de Leila todo salió muy bien! La atención de todo el staff fue excelente. Muy recomendable realizar su boda aquí.

Sent on 06/12/2018
    Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa 26
    Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa 27

Liz · Married on 05/24/2018

Well it's been 7 days since the hubs and I said "I do" on the beautiful beach at the Copamarina! I have loved this place since my first visit years ago and I have always wanted to get married there! Well my dream came true and EVERYTHING exceeded our wants and expectations!! The Copa staff- from the receptionists, the restaurant staff, to even lawn crews were unbelievably amazing!! Extremely friendly, super helpful, and just pleasant people all around. Lizbeth was the wonderful woman who checked us in and out and her service was impeccable! Layla and Miguel worked very hard to have our wonderful ceremony set up beautifully and did meet all the demands of a picky mother of the bride! :) Sonia, who isn't even an official baker, made us the GREATEST cake EVER!!!! I wish I could live there permanently but that's why they call it paradise! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Copa- and all it's staff!!! BEST PLACE! BEST STAFF!! So amazing!!!!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Paul · Married on 09/02/2017

Leila and copamarina exceeded our expectations! We had both our ceremony and my wife's birthday party with them. Everything they did to prepare for both was amazing and i would highly recommend them if planning a weeding in Puerto Rico! One of the most helpful things about this place, beside Leila, was that ALL of the vendors we spoke to not just the ones we hired, knew about this place! Again, thank you so much Leila for the wonderful and stress free time!!!

Sent on 09/18/2017

jill · Married on 08/10/2017

I would rate a " 10" if I could !
    So this was a surprise for the bride , my daughter.
    Groom wanted to plan their dream destination wedding and so we did.
    Leila our coordinator was fabulous , she had all the connections for me , the venue was fabulous, the food was fabulous and all the staff were fabulous to pull off a surprise like this.
    The accommodations where very nice and clean no complaints that I know of from anyone.
    There were so many angles to keeping this a surprise as we are not from Puerto Rico , and it was.
    I would highly recommend Copamarina for a destination wedding.
    Please keep in mind there are many bugs flying around, I would suggest putting those citronella oil canisters out BEFORE your event starts unless theres a breeze to take them away , they were quite annoying.

Sent on 08/12/2017

Michelle · Married on 08/05/2017

On August 5th I had the pleasure to have my wedding at Copamarina. I was planning this day for 1 year and with Leila the coordinator's help, my day turned out perfect. She answered every email I sent her in a timely matter. She helped me figure out every worry, concern or even idea's I had. We worked together the whole time and when I met her in person, she was even more lovely to work with.
    I had my ceremony outside and my reception was inside in the Alexandra restaurant. The food was delicious! The manager of Alexandra was so accommodating and nice. The staff was amazing! I truly had such a great experience and it's an amazing feeling to have when everyone works with you! I am extremely proud to say that my wedding day was perfect due to copamarina's staff being so awesome!
    The only thing I have to warn everyone about is that there are ALOT of mosquitoes! Other than that the resort is BEAUTIFUL and the views are amazing. The service and the way every staff member treats you is amazing. Its definitely a five star resort.

Sent on 08/16/2017

Magda · Married on 11/05/2016

What can I say? Thank you Copamarina for making my wedding #20yearsinthemaking perfect!! The weather did not stop us from having a lovely and romantic ceremony, followed by an amazing reception....The food was exquisite, everyone still talking about it and will for life...who know we might do an anniversary party every year...we look forward to our next event at Copamarina and their amazing staff and food.

Sent on 11/13/2016

We would recommend this venue to anyone who wants to hold a wedding, so would all of our guests. We think we can say that it exceeded all of our expectations. For that reason, we would give this 6 stars. From the moment we pulled up to sign the final contract through the entire ceremony, we were impressed with this venue. The resort itself is incredible. It is located in a dry forest, so it's remote location was a big hit with the guests. There is a community of beach houses nearby if your guests prefer not to stay at the resort (we held our wedding over the New Years' holiday, so some of our guests could not get rooms -- not the venues fault, it was our planning -- but it all worked out well -- no complaints from us or our guests). There is a relatively cheap ferry from the resort to Guiligan's Island, which everyone enjoyed the day before and the day after the wedding. The food was amazing. We couldn't believe that they could fix so many dishes at such a high quality. We held our wedding at sunset outside under the arch (it's in some of the pictures). The weather works well because of the dry climate on this part of the island. It does rain (and did rain during our stay), but most of the time the weather was dry. The salon for the reception was perfect; it was set off from the rest of the resort. The only downside is that you cannot have music after 10:00pm. Liliana Petri, who handles all of the wedding issues, worked with us to make sure all of the arrangements worked (via telephone and email). However, we never met her (only another manager). I'm not too sure how that happened, but it didn't affect the experience. Also, I should add that we are not from Puerto Rico (we are from the Continental United States). Unfortunately, we could not include our pets in the ceremony, there is no pet rule :( So there was a lot good, some minor inconveniences. But this venue absolutely exceeded our expectations and that of our guests. 6 Stars on a 5 star scale!

Sent on 01/24/2016
  • Pedro

Pedro · Married on 11/21/2015

I can attest to the high quality and excellence in services for couples Copamarina provides that interest is his dream. The attention, effective communication, punctuality responsibility, order and courtesy are just some of the details you'll find in this magnificent resort.I took more than 10 years holding events there, all with success in their celebrations. Ms. Lilian Prietri will make your event one very special

Sent on 01/15/2016

stacy · Married on 08/12/2015

Every girl dreams of there wedding day, however dreams never match reality. At Copamarina, i had a wedding that surpassed my wildest dreams. The Sunset there is one not to be missed. The responsiveness of the coordinator is superb. I planned my wedding from NY without seeing the venue, trusting the pictures and the reviews online and neither I nor my Husband and family were disappointed. I visited the spa prior to my ceremony and had a session which was amazing. my guest and I hit the pool after the wedding. The ambiance was great and if i had to do it all over again I wouldn't because it was perfect and can not be duplicated.

Sent on 08/18/2015

beth · Married on 08/09/2015

My partner and I recently got married at copamarina in guanica pr and i just want to say that everything was really beautiful all the staff was great especially Lilliana Pietri she made sure every one of our expectations were met overall experience was awesome

Sent on 08/17/2015

Laura · Married on 07/17/2015

The Copamarina was a beautiful place. I really enjoyed my wedding. I thought it was perfect. Everything we agreed upon was done. It was lovely and we plan to go back again just to enjoy the resort again. The food was delicious. The staff was very courteous.

Sent on 07/22/2015

Laura · Married on 07/17/2015

the Copamarina was a beautiful resort. The staff was very courteous.

Sent on 08/04/2015

Airisyeline · Married on 07/11/2015

Excelente servicio y muy buen ambiente para celebrar una boda al aire libre.

Sent on 07/22/2015

Elba · Married on 06/24/2015

Love it! Best day of our lives!!

Sent on 06/30/2015

All the Catering Department personnel at Copamarina was very professional and attentive. They responded to all our questions and were available to make arrangements for us before, during and after the event.

Sent on 07/04/2015

Annabelle · Married on 06/06/2015

El servicio y profesionalismo excelente de calidad. Super recomendado. Mil gracias Janice por todo su tiempo.

Sent on 07/08/2015

Jennifer · Married on 05/16/2015

I'm from Guanica but I move 3 years ago to Minnesota. We celebrate our wedding in Copamarina Beach Resort and Spa in May, 2015. I cannot thanks enough all the employees for all the professionalism and help to make this day close to perfection. We plan for over a year and some guest also travel and stay in the Hotel. Everyone have a lot of good things to say, the hotel was awesome, the food incredible and the personal really helpful. It was magical, in front the beach and with all the people we love. I would definetly recommend my hometown to celebrate your wedding!!

Sent on 09/15/2015
  • X

Xiomara · Married on 02/28/2015

Desde el comienzo con Janice Quiiñones y Angel Nazario, todo fué espectacular...

Agradezco a ellos y a todo el personal por sus atenciones... El Gerente General por sus atenciones y preocupación de que estuvieramos bien...

Janice y Angel... Gracias... Simpson (maletero)...Luis (las mejores tortillas y la mejor atención...

A todo el personal que nos atendió en la Boda con una sonrisa siempre y hasta algunos de ellos los invitamos a bailar y la pasamos de maravilla...

Angel... No se como lo hacía, pero estaba en todos sitios...Nunca me faltó un trago y servido en mi mesa...Gracias mil...

Janice eres la mejor a cargo de actividades. Nos dirigiste por donde debíamos y todos te estamos agradecidos... Gracias a una amiga...

Hasta pronto... En septiembre cumplo años... Así que necesito un buen descuento para celebrarlo.

Gracias mil...

julio y nelly irizarry
    (Boda de Gabriela y GianCarlo)

Sent on 03/02/2015