Cooper Spur Mountain Resort Reviews

Cooper Spur Mountain Resort 5
Cooper Spur Mountain Resort 6
Cooper Spur Mountain Resort 7

Anne Atwood · Married on 07/21/2018

If you're looking to celebrate a wedding in a rustically beautiful location on Oregon's iconic Mount Hood, don't hesitate to take a look at Cooper Spur Mountain Resort. My daughter and now son-in-law were married there on a beautiful Saturday day in July 2018. The skies were blue, the mountain was in full view, and their friends filled the resort's cabins and condos both Friday and Saturday night, taking advantage of the many activities available, such as mountain biking and tennis. My son-in-law described the weekend as "perfect." We're grateful for the support we received from the Cooper Spur planning and operations team. They were supportive, friendly, professional, and easy to work with at all times.

Sent on 08/02/2018

Lindsay · Married on 07/01/2018

Cooper Spur was the first venue we visited and we were in love from the start. Where else can you drive into the woods, with amazing views of Mt Hood, rent out the whole place, and spend the weekend with all your loved ones?? It's such a special place, and Sara and Christina went above and beyond to make our vision a reality. They have multiple spots for welcome dinners, ceremonies, and brunch, and it was awesome. We can't wait to go back and celebrate anniversaries there!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Rebecca · Married on 08/26/2017

We feel so lucky to have found such a wonderful site for our wedding that not only provided gorgeous views but accommodated all of our guests lodging. The staff at CSMR is equally as wonderful.

Sent on 01/29/2018

Christina · Married on 06/24/2017

My husband and I got married at Cooper Spur this past June and we are so incredibly happy that we chose this magical venue. We knew that we wanted to get married in Mount Hood and Cooper Spur was the first venue that we toured and we were immediately sold. The venue speaks for itself with rustic beautifully crafted cabins, lush green space, the most picturesque view of Mt Hood which is completely enclosed by massive evergreens.

All of our guests stayed at Cooper Spur and it was such an incredible feeling to have all of our family and friends from all over the country be all in one place for our wedding. I can not express enough how easy Sara made the booking and planning process. She really took the stress of planning my wedding off my shoulders and it was easy to have 100% trust in her. Sara’s team is top notch, they are incredibly kind, welcoming and doted over us the whole weekend.

One of the things that really drew me to Cooper Spur was how private and completely inclusive our wedding weekend could be. They have so many different spaces and we were able to have three days of wedding events that all took place in different areas of the resort.

I can not recommend Cooper Spur enough to anyone looking to host an event in Mt Hood. Our guests still talk about how wonderful our wedding weekend and so many guests told us Cooper Spur served the best wedding food they have ever had! I would work with Sara, Barb G and Jamie again in a heartbeat. You all truly made my wedding dreams come true. It was the most magical, perfect, and hands-down the best experience of my entire life!

Sent on 01/09/2018
    Cooper Spur Mountain Resort 15
    Cooper Spur Mountain Resort 16
    Cooper Spur Mountain Resort 17

Britta · Married on 05/13/2017

My husband and I were married at Cooper Spur last May and we are so happy that we chose to have our celebration there! I don't know where to begin in describing how satisfied we are with our Cooper Spur experience. From the very beginning the Cooper Spur staff made everything so easy and fun for us. The wedding coordinator Sara felt to me like the equivalent of hiring a wedding planner, she responded to emails promptly, she knew all of the little details about our wedding, she did most of the outside bookings for us, and she ensured that everything was on track for our wedding day. When I had questions, she was either one step ahead of me and already had an answer or was able to quickly find an answer.

We really wanted to get married around Mt. Hood and we also wanted a venue where most of our guests could stay. Having 90+ of our guests staying at the resort with us made for the most memorable weekend. It was great that friends who had not previously met could get to know each other in this type of setting before the big celebration. We had very little to worry about on the weekend of the wedding since we were in such good hands with the Cooper Spur staff, who really took care of us. The day of our wedding ended up being rainy/snowy, the CS crew was flexible enough to let us wait until just before the ceremony to decide where it would be held – they definitely put our feelings first as this could easily have created a lot more work for them.

All in all, I would recommend Cooper Spur for a wedding over and over again. We loved the location, the food, the service staff, and absolutely loved having such an efficient team to work with while planning our wedding!

Sent on 02/15/2018
    Cooper Spur Mountain Resort 18
    Cooper Spur Mountain Resort 19
    Cooper Spur Mountain Resort 20

Steve · Married on 05/24/2015

Oh my god this was such an amazing venue! It is obviously a gorgeous setting, but what really made it special was the staff. From our first visit to our last good byes, from our wedding coordinator to the servers and maintenance staff every single person we and our guests interacted with was phenomenal. We did a three day, two night wedding with a bike race, a BBQ and all the traditional wedding stuff too. They never said we couldn't do anything, and went out of their way to support us and our guests. I can't imagine anything they could have done better.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Alexandra · Married on 08/03/2013

My husband I were married at Cooper Spur on August 3, 2013. Once we saw Cooper Spur, we knew it was the only place we wanted to have our wedding. We are both from the East Coast and Cooper Spur gave us the opportunity to house and feed all our guests under one roof - something that was very important to us. The grounds at Cooper Spur are stunningly beautiful, the vibe is relaxed, the food by Joe Silliman and his staff is outstanding, and Sara Germann, the new event coordinator, is a life saver. Our wedding weekend ultimately was flawless. On the day of our wedding, I did not worry about anything - something most brides can't say. The staff at Cooper Spur worked to ensure that everything was worked out down to the smallest detail and on the day of, it all went off without a hitch. Without question, choosing Cooper Spur for the most important day of our lives was the best decision we could have made.

Sent on 10/14/2013

Laura · Married on 08/25/2018

We loved our having our wedding at Cooper Spur. The staff were so helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process, respecting our wishes and helping make things happen. They were always prompt on replying and answered all of our questions with patience and enthusiasm. They made the behind the scenes work look and feel effortless (though I know it wasn't!). We really appreciated everything that they did for us, and how welcome our crew felt. Additionally, being dog-friendly was a plus, as all my dog-sitters were at the wedding! Our cabin was comfortable, and all our guests said how much they loved being able to walk outside and greet other folks. It was a whole weekend party! Perfect for my family, as most of them were flying in from the East Coast. Proximity to the airport was perfect, and the drive up to Mt. Hood gave guests an amazing view of the Gorge. Plus having Mt. Hood in the background helped us to share our love of the mountains and Oregon with our family! We loved our wedding, thanks Cooper Spur!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Jessica · Married on 07/29/2017

Cooper Spur was absolutely fabulous for our wedding! From the day we visited all the way through to the post-wedding logistics, the staff were fantastic to work with and so responsive. They really tried to do everything possible to make sure we had a beautiful and unique experience. The venue itself can't be beat in my opinion: amazing views of mountains (plural!), the ceremony site is intimate, and having the ability to have guests stay on site made for such a fun and relaxed weekend with so many people we love. We're so glad we chose to work with Cooper spur and can't wait to go back for anniversary visit.

Sent on 02/24/2018

Rachel · event on 09/28/2013

We hosted a bridal breakfast on Saturday for a friend who was getting married in Mt. Hood that evening. While planning the event, the events coordinator, Sara, was very helpful and always responded promptly to any questions we had or changes we wanted to make. The event took place at the Crooked Tree Tavern- it was very cozy and intimate. On the day of the event, the room was set up to accommodate our group of 17. The chef came out and greeted us and explained all of our food options (we opted for coffee, tea, fruit, yogurt and granola, pastries and a french toast-like dish). I have to say that the vanilla bean yogurt that he made was some of the best yogurt I have ever tasted! The rest of the food was excellent as well. There was also a waitress there who was very helpful. It was a great way to start the busy wedding day and I am so happy that we decided to have our event at The Cooper Spur.

Sent on 10/13/2013

Anna · Married on 02/11/2017

Our wedding weekend celebration was fantastic! I can't say enough good things. Most guests arrived Friday night and enjoyed time in the cabins and hot tub. Saturday we had a ski day with kids, grandparents and all. Cooper Spur is a great little area accommodating for all ages! Everyone had a blast skiing (we had sunshine).
    We didn't have a ceremony but rather a fun drawn-out dinner with live music at the end. The indoor dining room space was perfect for our 36 adults and 15 kids and also great for dancing to our awesome band. Cooper Spur was able to accommodate my request for plated service which really made our dinner relaxing and enabled for lots of great speeches and conversations between guests. The chef did a great job with the food and the timing was perfect: a pause after salads gave time for some speeches and then after dinner before desert gave us time to put children to bed. We had an open bar and that really made the event easy as everyone could order what they wanted. Less planning for me and more fun for all the guests. I really liked that and would definitely encourage planners to reserve the bar and just let people order freely. he staff was extremely helpful, personable and even told me when my son hadn't eaten much for dinner while sitting at a kids table! Wow.

Cooper Spur is a great place for a winter wedding! All the charm, ease and comfort that you can imagine. Thank you, thank you!

Sent on 02/27/2017

First and foremost, thank you to everyone at Cooper Spur who made our wedding weekend such a fantastic and wonderful event. Everything went off without a hitch. It was a dream.

From our first contact with Cooper Spur, Sara continually went out of her way to ensure our every question was answered and our every need met. And her responsiveness was amazing! We almost always had an answer same day. As Cooper Spur’s coordinator her attention to detail ensured nothing was missed. Our wedding was the most complicated planning effort we have ever undertaken - and her work was invaluable in it succeeding. All the way to the day before the wedding, when we realized the dance floor size we ordered wasn’t going to be large enough. Sara was on the phone, reaching out, and like a miracle-worker procured us a larger floor which was perfect for the party we envisioned.

There were many simultaneous efforts on our special day - and great among them was the dinner! Our experience with the head chef, Joe, and his staff at Cooper Spur was simply perfect. Our selections were just as delicious when prepared for an entire wedding feast as they were for just the two of us. We received numerous compliments from our guests on their dinners, so it wasn’t just us! Worth a shout-out: Joe’s smoked brisket was perfect. Moist, smoky, rich brisket - exactly how a barbecue lover wants it. Seriously - thank you to all of the kitchen staff who put such a wonderful meal together.

Of course, the grounds and surrounding landscape of Cooper Spur are basically unparalleled beauty for a wedding. Verdant forest surrounds long open lawns surrounds an enormous white wedding reception tent. How perfect is that? Our wedding photos are unbelievable. We visited several potential sites before choosing Cooper Spur, including a few in heart of Portland, Oregon. We are so glad that we went with Cooper Spur and its amazing location under Mount Hood.

In summary, we couldn’t recommend Cooper Spur more.

Sent on 12/12/2015
  • I

Island · event on 10/04/2013

Cooper Spur provided amazing food, a good place to have a rehearsal dinner, and an after party that they allowed to go until they legally couldn't serve anymore. Very happy with them! Island and Christie

Sent on 10/19/2013

Roxann · event on 12/18/2017

This is the fourth year our company has had it's employee appreciation/holiday dinner at Cooper Spur Mt. Retreat. As our company grows, we are up to 18 employees, + their plus one, and they were able to accommodate us perfectly. From the atmosphere, to the appetizers, and the main course, then desert! Makes my mouth water thinking about it. Looking forward to next year.

Sent on 12/20/2017

Julia · Married on 08/20/2016

We recently got married at Cooper Spur and I think we're still riding the high from such a fantastic weekend. We couldn't be happier with the way the weekend turned out. We had our rehearsal dinner (with 64 people) as well as our wedding ceremony and reception (with 74 people) at the venue.

First of all, the staff is incredibly down to earth and willing to work with you. Everyone we worked with was friendly and on top of their game throughout the entire weekend. I have to say that Sarah Germann is simply awesome; we honestly couldn't imagine planning an event this size without her. She is incredibly patient and kind, and she worked with us to make our vision come alive (and all within out budget!).

We had an entirely plant-based menu both nights (which was important to us) and the chefs and staff did such a fantastic job working with us on the menu- even our omnivore guests raved about the food :-)

I also have to give a shout out to Jeff, who helps manage the entire property. He is an incredibly thoughtful and down-to-earth guy and is always looking for ways to improve the grounds. He's good people.

The setting is magical. Peaceful. Quiet. Memorable. Our guests embraced the cabin-style lodging and had a wonderful time. Many praised us for having it such a serene and beautiful setting (we had many out of town guests that had never been on a mountain or experienced the beautiful drive out to the lodge). Even the mountain temperature difference ended up being a huge plus for us (it was 100 degrees in Portland and only 85 degrees on the mountain).

We are so incredibly grateful to the entire staff at Cooper Spur - and we look forward to anniversary trips in the future :)
    Julia and JR

Sent on 08/25/2016

Hannah · Married on 07/22/2017

Our wedding at Cooper Spur was a dream come true! We thought that the price was too good to be true, but Cooper Spur really does pull out all the stops to make your day the best ever. Our friends and family all had an incredible time; quite a few mentioned that it felt like a "classy adult summer camp". From the views to the service to the lodging, everything was perfect! Would highly recommend this wonderful venue for your special day (or weekend).

Sent on 01/09/2018
    Cooper Spur Mountain Resort 21
    Cooper Spur Mountain Resort 22

Jess · Married on 05/04/2019

great venue!

Cooper Spur was perfect for our small, laid back wedding. It gave a very intimate homey feeling, coupled with rustic charm and comfortability that would likely not have been matched by a larger or more formal resort. We did all of our planning online for our destination wedding, including finding the resort. The staff were easy to work with via phone and email, and they were able to accommodate for most of our requests. We did have to be proactive about reaching out when we needed something, and our event contact changed a few times, but we didn’t have many issues with responsiveness even though this was the case. The cabins (the big log cabin in particular) are pretty rustic and could use some updating (especially the bathrooms) but our family and friends didn’t seem to mind. The big log cabin could also use more dishes and serving ware. The bunk and single beds also posed a bit of a challenge since we were a group of all adults. A bonus is they let us use the lodging promotion that came into affect after all our guests had already reserved their rooms. Overall, great venue with great views. A few challenges but the good definitely outweighed the bad. If you’re looking for a small intimate and rustic place for your event, look no further!

Sent on 05/23/2019

We had all the lodging at the resort rented for the weekend of our wedding. Everyone at the Cooper Spur was great to work with! They were very responsive, organized, and helpful. Our guests had a great time! The lodging is cozy and comfortable. We were so happy to have such a great place for all our friends and family to stay. Thank you, Cooper Spur!

Sent on 10/14/2013