Convention Floral In The Heart Of Washington DC Reviews

74 Reviews for Convention Floral In The Heart Of Washington DC

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

74 Convention Floral In The Heart Of Washington DC Reviews

Mary · Married on 07/17/2016

My daughter got married at Saint Francis Hall (SFH) in Washington DC on July 17, 2016 and it was gorgeous! WIth the high ceilings at SFH my daughter really wanted tall candelabra or tower flower arrangements. I called around DC. (I live in Colorado but my daughter lives in DC) and Nubia at Convention Floral had BY FAR the best prices. She was even willing to spary paint the bases gold to match my daught'er color scheme. I explained exaclty what we wanted...white hydrangeas, with spray of pink roses and lot's of greenery. They turned out beautifully. We also had Nubia do flowers for a cross. We were on a budget so half the flowers were done by Nubia (boutonnieres - 13!!!, 8 candelabra arrangements, mom wrist corsages, and the cross). Friends did the rest DIY (Do it yourself). It was a lot of work but worth it. If you are on a budget Nubia will work with you. You can have her do as much or as little as you need. We returned the candelabra bases and two white pillars to her home after the wedding and this saved us a bit on delivery fees. Nubia was professional, helpful, and flexible. If you are looking for gorgeous flowers on a budget that do not look like they were done on a budget, look no further! Nubia works out of her home to she is reasonable on her prices. /Users/marywrennclark/Desktop/Candelabra's.jpg
    /Users/marywrennclark/Desktop/Kelly+Joe-346.jpg

Nubia was a wonderful florist and made our wedding day look amazing! She was responsive throughout the whole process and incorporated our vision for the wedding into her flower arrangements splendidly! She made her self available to us when we had questions or concerns and took the time to explain what she planned on doing and took the time to show us examples. We couldn't have asked for a better florist for our wedding and would highly recommend her!!

Sent on 06/28/2015

Convention Floral In The Heart Of Washington DC's reply:

I'm honored to be part of your special day and happy to receive your feedback here. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our business. Your Florist Nubia

Teresa · Married on 05/30/2015

My sister recently got married in DC. We are from California and she asked me to find a florist in DC. I contacted Convention Floral via email and she was very quick to respond. She was professional and understanding to our situation. I sent her pictures of what my sister wanted and Convention Floral did not disappoint. The flowers were BEAUTIFUL and PERFECT! I would definitely recommend Convention Floral to anyone getting married in the DC area.

Sent on 06/03/2015

Convention Floral In The Heart Of Washington DC's reply:

Teresa, I'm glad to meet you finally and happy to hear that your sister loved the flowers. Thank you for taking the time to give us back your feedback. Your Florist Nubia

Nubia was great--she had wonderful suggestions and listened to our feedback. She made the wedding look better than we ever imagined!

Latonia · Married on 12/13/2014

I am so happy the I went with my gut and selected this convention floral. I planned my wedding from long distance and Nubia attention to detail and vision created the most beautiful center pieces for my wedding. She guided me through the process every step of the way and reassured me that she would deliver my vision of my day. She personal delivered the flowers to the venue and it was a pleasure to meet the woman behind such amazing work. Two week later I am still enjoying her work. The search is over because Convention Floral is it!

Sent on 12/28/2014

Convention Floral In The Heart Of Washington DC's reply:

Dear Latonia, It is my pleasure to meet you finally in person after so many months of communication through email and phone; and glad your day turned out to be as you imagined it. Thank you for all the kind words and sharing your experience here. Nubia

Leah · Married on 10/10/2014

I came to Convention Floral after the original florist I signed with cancelled on me. I was so lucky they did! Nubia was very easy to work with, very flexible, and had great ideas about how to best approach our venue. She took my ideas and made them way better. The flowers were beautiful - many of the guests complimented them. Thank you Nubia for such beautiful work!!

Sent on 11/03/2014

Convention Floral In The Heart Of Washington DC's reply:

Leah, Thank you for your kinds words. I believe making things simpler and that is why we always respond to inquiries quickly and come up with a proposal right after the consultation so it will be 1 less items from your do list simple for both sides. Honored To Be Your Florist Nubia

Pat · Married on 07/12/2014

I cannot say enough about the excellent service and amazing flowers Nubia provided for my son and daughter-in-law's wedding! The arrangements and bouquets were nothing short of exquisite. Nubia was a dream to work with, even with last-minute changes she made everything so easy. I would recommend her work whole-heartedly.

Nicky · Married on 06/20/2014

Nubia was a pleasure to work with! Extremely professional, kind and very attentive/responsive to our needs. Our wedding day centerpieces and bouquets were spectacular!!!

Nubia was great help in making our day wonderful. She gave us so many ideas for setting up our day with flower arrangements and the bouquets were gorgeous!

I highly recommend Convention Floral! Their prices are great and their flowers are gorgeous!!

Tselotie · Married on 09/01/2013

Nubia is amazing ! She was so kind and understanding when my wedding date changed a million times and went above and beyond to help me out. Thank God for her.

Sent on 11/11/2013

Convention Floral In The Heart Of Washington DC's reply:

Tselotie, I understood your situation from the beginning so if situations allowed me why not be flexible; I am glad you set the date finally and it turn out to be as you imagined it. Thank you for your feedback. Your Florist Decorator Nubia

Fantastic service and beautiful arrangments!

Everything arrived to the venue well-organized and on time -- highly recommend!

The flowers were gorgeous for my wedding day. I had originally picked a more pink rose and what showed up on the wedding day was a more orange rose but it still matched perfectly and I couldn't have been happier. The flowers set the tone of the wedding and the centerpieces made the reception amazing! Everything was beautiful!

The Flower House was the perfect choice for our wedding! I was able to take my ideas and visions to them and they immediately knew what I wanted. I would use Convention Floral again and I recommend you do!

Tammy · Married on 07/21/2013

Nubia was very helpful and easy to work with for our wedding flowers. We came in with a strict budget, and she was happy to work with it. I had a pretty clear idea of what I wanted my flowers to look like, so I brought in pictures of bouquets and centerpiece set-ups. I wanted to make my own mason jar vases (covered in burlap, lace, and twine), and she was happy to work with those. She has a great eye for putting together bouquets and centerpieces and captured my floral concept nicely. I was really pleased with how everything came together, and I would highly recommend her! I was deciding between buying flowers in bulk or having a florist and I am so glad I went with Nubia instead of ordering them myself.

Kacie · Married on 05/25/2013

We highly recommend Nubia Fasil at Convention Floral. She was very easy to work with and professional at all times. Moreover, she had innovative suggestions and paid close attention to details. Nubia promptly communicated with us via email and telephone. To save us the hassle of having to return items ourselves, she even picked up the equipment on the same night after our reception was over. It was a pleasure working with her! Our guests, bridal party, and us loved the floral arrangements!

Terry · Married on 05/17/2013

The owner was fantastic! She promptly responded to ALL my emails and telephone calls. She personally delivered my bouquet on time and came prepared to make any necessary changes if needed. And my floral arrangement was fresh and absolutely beautiful!!! Thank you Nubia!!!!

The staff was incredibly helpful and offered excellent suggestions for my vintage/book themed wedding. They were a GREAT value too!

• Michelle

Michelle · Married on 03/17/2013

Great center pieces, great bouquets. I would highly recommend Nubia at Convention Floral.

Jennifer · Married on 10/05/2012

I contacted Nubia via email to do 2 bouquets, 3 corsages, and 5 boutonnieres for my wedding. I sent her some photos of what I liked and she made it happen. Nubia has wonderful taste. The delivery was early, it was exactly what I wanted and on my wedding day that was a huge relief.

I highly recommend Nubia, especially if you don't have much time to fret over your flowers. She will get the job done, you do not need to worry.

Jennifer · Married on 09/08/2012

Nubia was great to work with. She sat with us and asked questions to understand what our vision was. She produced beautiful arrangements for the church and reception. Her prices are reasonable and she is good at communicating quickly by email. Thank you Nubia!

Alfreda · Married on 09/01/2012

The flowers were beautiful and the guests complimented the arrangements. I was very happy with the product and services provided by Convention Floral.

• Nicole

Nicole · Married on 08/26/2012

Nubia was great and so professional!! She was willing to work within our budget and she did a wonderful job. I did not get a chance to see the flowers before my wedding, but when I did see them they exceeded my expections. My venue was just beautiful thanks to her. If I have any other events I will go back to her again and again. If you need flowers for your wedding this is the place to go, you will not be disappointed.

Nubia was wonderful to work with. Our wedding flowers were absolutely beautiful. I say this as I knew nothing about flowers, so I just trusted the bouquets she planned to put together. With our white and pink wedding colors she created gorgeous bouquets made of gerbera daisies, roses, and cala lilies! She also went all the way out to Gainesville (about 40 miles outside of her office) to set up our ceremony and reception! I totally recommend her for weddings and any other special event!

• LATOYA

LATOYA · Married on 07/21/2012

After going to an appointment with another florist, I was pleased to come across Nubia & Convention Floral. In order to stick to my budget at the previous florist I would have been given very small, 4"x4", vases with a basic bouquet of roses. Considering the 10 person tables at the reception venue, those centerpieces would have been swallowed up on the table.
    Meeting with Nubia showed me that I could have show-stopping centerpieces with a median budget. We ended up with centerpieces that stood 3+ feet tall at some tables with various design elements such as LED lights, hanging votives, and several different flowers and accent pieces. Everything was beautiful and we were well pleased.
    I highly recommend everyone, with any budget, seek out Nubia's creative ideas for your wedding ceremony & reception.