Contemporary Image Photographers Reviews

Contemporary Image Photographers 5
Contemporary Image Photographers 6
Contemporary Image Photographers 7

Ashley · Married on 07/19/2014

Emil and his assistant photographer Dru photographed my July 19, 2014 wedding, and we could not have been happier with their service. They were professional, courteous, fun, and experienced--even when working with a 3-year old unpredictable flower girl! Emil previously shot my engagement photos in 2013 and I had been shocked by how gorgeous the photos turned out--they were simply breathtaking! I know my wedding photos will turn out wonderfully and I'm so excited to see them! I will GLADLY recommend Contemporary Image Photography to everyone I know! If you're looking for classic, gorgeous wedding photos at a surprisingly reasonable price, check them out!

Sent on 07/31/2014

Contemporary Image Photographers's reply:

Your wedding images DID come out beautifully Ashley. I will be sending them to you today. Thanks for including me on your wedding day and thank you for such a wonderful review!!

Lauren · Married on 07/11/2014

I highly recommend Contempoary Images!! Emil went above and beyond to capture so many memories of our wedding day! Our pictures turned out fantastic. Emil and Michelle were a pleasure to work with and made taking pictures so relaxed and fun!! I can't stop looking at my pictures!!! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Contemporary Image Photographers's reply:

Thank you Lauren. This is a great review and I truly appreciate it.

Jenn · Married on 06/28/2014

Contemporary Image shot our wedding on June 28th and I cannot say enough great things about them. It was great working with Emil to set up everything up. He was very patient, understanding and had great suggestions. They're also very reasonable compared to many wedding photographers and you get a lot for your $! We loved how fun and unique their style of pictures were. Emil shot our engagement session and our pictures came out beautiful!!! For our wedding, Mike and Allen shot our wedding day and it was also great working with them. They were so much FUN and they took such awesome pictures of everyone. They were also very patient with us and had great picture ideas. They also told me to print out a few sample pictures of poses that I liked and they memorized everything and got all the shots that I wanted, which I thought was awesome and very nice. You don't get that from a lot of photographers! We took lots of fun and different shots. We didn't want many staged and traditional pictures and Mike and Allen set up awesome shots for us. We highly recommend Contemporary Image Photography. We were so incredibly happy with them and we cannot wait to see all of the pictures that they captured on our special day! It was an amazing day for so many reasons, and Mike and Allen captured every little detail and we are so thankful to have had the opportunity to work with them!!!! 5 stars all the way and if I could give more, I would!!! They're absolutely amazing and so great to work with!!!! Thank you!

Sent on 07/09/2014

Contemporary Image Photographers's reply:

Thank you Jenn for such a wonderful review.

Nicole · Married on 06/21/2014

Emil is the most laid back man you will ever meet! He was such a pleasure to work with! He was definitely the easiest person to work with throughout our wedding planning! The pictures he took came out beautiful!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Contemporary Image Photographers's reply:

Thank you Nicole for such a great review. Mary and I had a lot of fun at your wedding.

Heather · Married on 06/21/2014

My husband and I worked with Contemporary Image Photography for our wedding in June. Absolutely everything about the experience was great! I live in Montana and got married in NJ, so distance was a challenge, but Emil was quick to respond to any emails and was very helpful. I met with Emil prior to the wedding and was able to establish a game plan for the big day. My husband doesn't enjoy getting his picture taken, but Mike and Alan were great! They were able to make him more comfortable and relaxed. They were familiar with our venue choices which made the day go that much smoother! We were a little crunched for time between the ceremony and reception, but were able to get all of the pictures done. Mike and Alan kept us on schedule and got us to our reception on time. I can't say enough positive things about Contemporary Image! I would definitely recommend them to anyone! We can't wait to see our pictures!

Sent on 07/02/2014

Contemporary Image Photographers's reply:

Thank you Heather for such a wonderful review. I will make sure to sharethis with Mike and Alan.

Nicole · Married on 06/21/2014

Love contemporary! Emil and Mary were amazing!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Contemporary Image Photographers's reply:

Thank you NIcole. Mary and I had such a good time at your wedding. We also did a demo book from your wedding photos. I will be sending you it today.

Lauren · Married on 05/31/2014

Photos were the most important thing to me when it came to my wedding. I was not let down one bit. Emil and Mary did a phenomenal job and I love my pictures!

Sent on 07/13/2014

Contemporary Image Photographers's reply:

Thank you for this wonderful review Lauren. For anyone reading this review Lauren + Mike had their wedding in Islip, Long Island. It is 2hrs and 4 minutes from my house. I left at 6AM giving me 5 hrs to get their in case of traffic. About 1/2 mile ahead of me on the Staten Island Expressway a tractor trailer flipped over leaving pineapples all over the road. I was stuck there for 5hrs. Thank god for Mary. She was there and did double duty for prep photos. Because of her we didn't miss any shots.

Toni · Married on 05/23/2014

Emil, Melissa and Dru were amazing! We booked Contemporary Image after seeing a friend's awesome wedding photos. Emil was great to work with leading up to the wedding, making sure all the locations and times were planned out correctly and any ideas I had for photos I wanted were discussed.

The day of our wedding went so smoothly, even with the on and off rain Emil & the team were great and rather creative in taking photos. The 60 photos he posted over the next few days are beautiful, I'm so excited to see more! Even based on the 60 preview photos, I have gotten comments about what a great photographer we used, that the photos are unique and beautiful. I like that nothing looks forced and it's not all group photos of everyone standing perfectly in a line, they helped our bridal party to have fun and get some great group pictures.

I would highly recommend Emil and his team to anyone!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Contemporary Image Photographers's reply:

Toni. I can't thank you enough for this wonderful review.

Jenna · Married on 04/05/2014

My husband and I were fortunate to use Contemporary Image for both our engagement and wedding photos. Emil, Mike and Michele were excellent and attentive to exactly what we were looking for on our special day. All the photographers were professional, fun and extremely accommodating. Not to mention the pictures that we have seen already are fantastic. Thank you for making our special day fun and exciting!

Sent on 04/18/2014

Contemporary Image Photographers's reply:

I just saw this Jenna. Thank you so much for this glowing review.

Michelle · Married on 11/02/2013

My husband and I were fortunate enough to discover Emil Bartsche, owner of Contemporary Image, through a recommendation. His prices were significantly more reasonable than other vendors, and his attention to his work is well above par. Our engagement session was about 2 hours long, and we received approximately 700 photos! Most importantly, Emil not only welcomed the opportunity for us to bring our pug along, but he was so good with him that our boy ending up stealing the show! When our pup unfortunately passed months later, Emil sent a condolence card to our house. You just don’t see that sincerity these days! The day of our wedding, Emil and his assistant Michael, were punctual, organized, professional, and most importantly, flexible. An emergency arose, and before I could even begin to panic Emil and Mike changed plans and took charge. Furthermore, their presence was casual and non-intrusive. We are still going through our photos, since we were provided with hundreds and hundreds! We have amazing shots to cherish for a lifetime, and we will certainly be using Emil again in the future for any photo needs!

Sent on 12/04/2013

Contemporary Image Photographers's reply:

What a wonderful review. Thank you very much Michelle. It is always such a pleasure to share in such a special day.

Meredith · Married on 09/27/2013

We cannot even begin to thank Emil and Michele for what they did for us on our wedding day! On behalf of myself, my husband and our families.. you were an absolute blast to work with! You embraced my fun-loving, crazy family (photo bombing and all!) and still captured our day to the fullest.

We received our proofs and cannot wait to put our albums together!! Look no further for a photographer on the jersey shore or central NJ... or anywhere in NJ for that matter. Contemporary Image does it all and are truly the best in the business!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Kristy · Married on 08/24/2013

Emil and Mike from Contemporary Image are the most amazing photographers. I would strongly recommend everyone use them!! Pictures are so important to planning a wedding. The most memorable day of my life was a dream come true and I am glad that I had the most awesome photographers there to help me capture every moment. In our meeting, Emil discussed with us our plan and then a tentative time schedule for the day. This took so much stress off the day because I knew where we were going from start to finish. Emil was extremely prompt and was able to get the most amazing pictures of me getting ready with the help of my mom and bridal party. He was willing to take every ridiculous shot we suggested even if it meant he had to lay on the wet beach sand to get a huddle shot we thought of on a whim. His posed and candid pictures are all spectacular. 4 of my bridesmaids are already married and they were so impressed with how dedicated and responsive he was throughout the entire day. These photographers are the best... I had a bridal party of 22 including 5 young children and it was a long day for them, but Mike with his silly noises kept the kids smiling and willing to pose the entire day! The pictures are gorgeous down to each and every one and Craig and I are just so grateful that we have in print our perfect day!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you !!!

Sent on 10/11/2013

Contemporary Image Photographers's reply:

Hey Kristie - Thank you sooo much for this wonderful review.

Lorrin · Married on 06/07/2013

Emil and Michelle were great! Professional, fun and accommodating.

Sent on 06/08/2013

I wanted to take this opportunity to provide a wonderful review of Contemporary Image. Emil met us in October 2012 and provided us some of the most beautiful, wonderful engagement pictures a girl could ask for. For our wedding, Mike and Michelle covered it - - and my husband I are were so happy & pleased with Mike & Michelle – they were on time, professional, discrete yet persistent to get that good shot, fast, and fun. Mike was with me, the bride, preparing for my big day in my home. Mike was so professional, calm & cool and made me feel some comfortable as I was getting ready for my ceremony at my house – and that can be stressful! Michelle was so cool with the groomsmen at the church, even helping them adjust their boutonnieres. The two of them working together were a great team – for whatever picture one didn’t have, the other snapped. And, Mike was so great with children!! I had a very young – baby – ring bearer – and he really worked hard to get his attention in some of the group shots. Well done Mike!! They were discrete – yet – there to capture every important moment for my husband and I. And, very good with my wedding party – getting them gathered for every important shot – cognizant of the time. Contemporary Image was so helpful, professional and accommodating. On my wedding day, it rained – and I had not one but two back-up locations in the event of bad weather. Mike & Michelle were flexible and rolled with my changes in after ceremony location, and, worked double time to find good light for some of the post ceremony locations. I was so thankful. My husband and I would highly recommend to anyone working with Mike and Michelle from Contemporary Image. Liz & Rad

Sent on 06/13/2013

Wow, what an amazing review. Thanks Liz and Rad

Radim · Married on 05/11/2013

We had Mike and Michelle from Contemporary Image as our wedding photographers.
    My wife and I loved working with Mike and Michelle. They were both very professional and personable. Mike and Michelle were great with my little niece and nephew. It can be really hard to work with little kids.
    They were both great and we can only recommend them for wedding photography or any other photo needs.
    Oh.. and the photos are great!

Elizabeth & Radim

Sent on 06/22/2013

Contemporary Image Photographers's reply:

Thank you Radim. This is a wonderful review. I'm sure that it will make Mike and Michelles day.

Kristy · Married on 01/26/2013

We worked with Emil to set up our wedding photography, he was very responsive via e-mail or phone, and very easy to work with. Mike was our photographer on the day of the wedding, and he was a pleasure to spend the day with! He had a great sense of humor, was very efficient, and had great ideas of locations for pictures, and was great with our young flower girl. Mike was everywhere taking photos, but was not at all intrusive. He even came back to our house afterwards to take some pictures with our dog, and he was very patient with her.
    When we got the pictures back, we were thrilled with the quality and look of the pictures. Mike did a great job of setting up the photos to have nice backdrop and light. And many of the pictures were color-edited for black and white, which was really nice.
    We decided not to do an album, and Emil was great with personalizing our package to suit our requests.
    Overall it was a great experience working with Emil and Mike, they were very professional, provided us with great photos, and their pricing was very reasonable. We would highly recommend them!

Sent on 03/17/2013

Contemporary Image Photographers's reply:

Thank you for such a wonderful review Kristy. I will pass this along to Mike. It's always great to hear that you've done a good job.

Emil and Michelle were great! I haven't received our wedding pictures yet, but the engagement shots were awesome and they were great to work with. They made the best of a last minute location change because of dying light in the winter.

Sent on 01/24/2013

Kelli · Married on 12/15/2012

Emil and Mary were great throughout our whole wedding process. Our engagement photos turned out better than i could have imagined and I can't wait to see the wedding pictures! They were so easy to work with.

Sent on 12/18/2012

Contemporary Image Photographers's reply:

Mary and I had a LOT of fun at your wedding. It was a real pleasure for both of us. Thanks for having us as your photographers and thank you for this great review.

Lea · Married on 09/29/2012

Love, love, love Emil and Ed from Contemporary Image. They were fun and down to earth. Our engagement photos were done by Emil and they were beautiful. We booked Emil and Ed for our wedding photos and I cannot wait to see them. Of the ones they showed us on the camera that day, they are going to be breathtaking. Emil was easily reached by phone or email. I love that he gave us our photos as well as the copyright to them so we can print them whenever we want. This was huge for me when selecting a photographer. I definitely recommend Contemporary Image!

Sent on 10/22/2012

Merideth · Married on 04/07/2012

Having Mike as our photographer was hands down the best decision we made about our wedding. We are so grateful to have been able to work with someone as talented, kind, and amazing as Mike.
    Our wedding photos exceeded our expectations, we love every single one of them. Mike was able to capture not only how our day looked but how it felt, and our photos are truly the story of our wedding day.
    His passion for his work is undeniable. He is an artist who not only views the world in a special way but is able to capture it in a way I have not seen before. It was a true pleasure to work with someone who loves his work and cares about his clients the way Mike does.
    We are happy to consider him a new friend and any couple would be lucky to have him as their wedding photographer.

Jenna · Married on 03/31/2012

We had the pleasure of working with Emil and Michelle as our wedding photographers. The cost for Michelle as the extra photographer was minimal compared to the absolutely stunning pictures she took. Our pictures turned out great and they were both there to capture every moment. We had a rainy wedding day and two days prior Emil suggested I buy some umbrellas for the bridal party - it was one of the best investments I made for the wedding. Using them as props gave our pictures a very old fashioned look. Through all the rain and cold they were always up for more pictures.

Sent on 05/17/2012

Contemporary Image Photographers's reply:

Wow. Thank you Jenna. It was nice of you to mention Michelle. I will share this with her tomorrow. She'll be thrilled as am I. I look forward to doing your album.

Katy · Married on 03/23/2012

My husband and I used contemporary image for our wedding photos and engagement photos. Emil did our engagement photos and Mary did our wedding photos. Our engagement photos were beautiful. We didn't get our wedding photos back yet, we get them this week but we're certain they're going to be amazing! Mary was very attentive to all the small details during the big day, the ones we wouldn't see in all of the craziness and i can't wait to see them! She was very sweet and accommodating. They were a pleasure to work with and we are very happy we used them as our photographers!

Sent on 04/09/2012

Contemporary Image Photographers's reply:

Hi Katie - Thank you for this wonderful review. I just finished your wedding images and they do look amazing.

Kimberly · Married on 03/23/2012

Emil and Michelle were fantastic! They were both very professional the pictures came out amazing. I couldn't have picked a better team to photograph my wedding.

Megan · Married on 03/03/2012

Mary has a creative eye and years of experience. Our wedding photos are unique, beautiful, and absolutely incredible!

Contemporary Image Photographers's reply:

Thanks for your wonderful review Kim + Jay.

Kathy · Married on 02/12/2012

Yes, another five-star review for Contemporary Image. if it were possible to give more stars I would! Emil and Mary were patient, professional, and easy to work with. Upon sharing our photos, we have received nothing but rave reviews from our family and friends. We couldn't be happier and we will of course cherish these photos forever

Contemporary Image Photographers's reply:

Thanks Kathy. We always appreciate good reviews.