Contemporary Catholics Reviews

Contemporary Catholics 1
Contemporary Catholics 2
  • I

Ivana · Married on 08/25/2018

Father Jim is the best! Don't hesitate a second to contact him. We had so many guests tell us how much they enjoyed the ceremony. Father Jim is kind, professional and easy to work with. Like many others mentioned, you get a feeling like you've known him forever. His message was very powerful, yet delivered with a humorous touch to it. Everyone loved it! Father Jim truly made our wedding special. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

• User6655748 · Recently married

Father Jim is simply the best. He took the time to get to know the bride and groom. He added the right amount of humor and kept the ceremony interesting and kept the crowd engaged while making it very meaningful. It was a great balance.

Contemporary Catholics 3
    Contemporary Catholics 4

Kim · Married on 08/06/2017

Father Jim was amazing! We received numerous comments from our guests saying how much they enjoyed the ceremony. He made it a wonderful and memorable experience!

Lauren · Married on 08/20/2016

With Father Jim already booked for our date, we were pointed in the direction of Father Bill. Father Bill ended up being the perfect officiant for our Wedding! From our first meeting with him, we enjoyed talking and sharing stories with him. I come from a very Catholic family but my now-husband is a non-Catholic. In order to get married in a Catholic church, he would have to go through all the sacraments. Not wanting to force him into doing that, we found Father Bill who was still able to perform the traditional Catholic Wedding ceremony I wanted but without the restrictions of the church. His homily was beautiful & he even presented us with a small but beautiful/meaningful gift at the ceremony. Both of our families (and of course us) enjoyed his ceremony very much. I would highly recommend him! Also, he reminds you that he is always there to talk to even after marriage to help you in building a stronger relationship. Very kind & funny man.

I cannot begin to say how HAPPY I was to have found Fr. Jim to be our officiant for our wedding last month. After our first meeting (which lasted 2 hours!) to our wedding day, Fr. Jim is someone who just makes you feel at ease and is a truly special person. He did an exceptional job with our wedding ceremony, and we were so happy to have found a Catholic priest for our outdoor wedding. We received so many compliments after the ceremony and people thought that he had been my childhood priest and had known us for years based on how he spoke and how personal he made his homily, etc.
    They also have a very easy to use website, where we were able to customize and choose how we wanted to say our vows, the wording for certain blessings, and select our readings. Overall, Fr. Jim made our wedding day very special and I will forever be grateful for that.

Sent on 08/02/2016

Contemporary Catholics's reply:

Peace! Thanks for your kind words, it was a pleasure celebrating your wedding with you. Peace! Fr Jim

Alyssa · Married on 05/28/2016

Father Jim was a big hit at our wedding. We received so many positive comments from our family and friends about him. In the months before the wedding, we sat down with him at a local Panera and really got to know each other. My husband was raised going to Protestant churches down south. I was raised Catholic. He told us that we should strive to hug each other at least six times a day – good advice which we’ve tried to follow ever since. He spoke to us a lot about the challenges of marriage and the importance of always striving to remain connected emotionally as we both continue to grow as people. In regard to the ceremony itself, his approach was traditional, yet conversational – fun yet, still formal. Overall, we really enjoyed having Father Jim as our officiant and would recommend him to other couples who are tying the knot!

Gabrielle · Married on 05/22/2016

Father Jim was an absolute pleasure. We were so happy to have him as our officiant. We had one Skype session with him several months prior to the wedding to talk about marriage, our service, and all the details. He is definitely a seasoned expert at all things pertaining to wedding ceremonies. On the day of the wedding, he arrived about an hour prior to the ceremony, walked us through the steps again, and put us at ease. His personable and humorous demeanor immediately made everyone comfortable and we are still getting comments from our guests about how much they loved his homily. Couples from ages 25 to 85 found pearls of wisdom in his words. Thank you again, Father Jim, for an amazing experience.

Tracey · Married on 05/21/2016

There is no question... Father Jim is amazing! The day we met him, we couldn't stop smiling, laughing, and learning! He makes you feel so comfortable and want to talk to him for hours. We knew we had to book him for our wedding then and there. He made our day even more beautiful and special than we could have imagined. Everyone is still talking about how much they loved him and how beautiful our ceremony was. He held everyone's attention. If you are looking for someone inspiring, funny, and wonderful, look no further. Thank you Father Jim for your amazing service. My husband and I couldn't be happier.

Father Jim was the perfect officiant for our wedding. All of our guests raved about him after the ceremony was over. From our first meeting until the actual ceremony, he was professional and helpful.

Samantha · Married on 04/30/2016

We are so glad we chose Father Jim as our wedding officiant. He was is incredibly warm and welcoming and so easy to work with. Our ceremony turned out perfect and was exactly what we had envisioned for our wedding. Our guests thought he we had known him for ages! Even our relatives who gave us some slack for not getting married in a church were raving about him and even recommended him to another family friend!

Sent on 06/23/2016

Contemporary Catholics's reply:

Peace! Thanks for the kind words. Enjoy your marriage and don't forget to hug and take the time to share your feelings so you can grow more deeply in love every day. Peace! Fr Jim

Colm · Married on 11/20/2015

Father Jim was absolutely excellent. It was a pleasure dealing with him and he really put our minds at ease on the day. I would definitely recommend using him.

Laura · Married on 09/26/2015

My fiance and I wanted to be married by a catholic priest but not in the church. We heard of Contemporary Catholics from a family friend and I am so glad we reached out to them. We submitted a request and within a day or so, Father Jim emailed us back and we eventually made a skype call together to get to know each other. I am so glad we were able to secure Father Jim as our celebrant - he is such a pleasure to speak with and as an added bonus, he's so funny - he makes talking about marriage a wonderful conversation. I would highly recommend Father Jim to others.

Jessica · Married on 09/07/2015

Father Jim made our wedding ceremony one to remember! I think it's very unusual for people to comment on how great the officiant is, but that's all we heard after the ceremony. Father Jim did a great job combining tradition, humor and charm! Our outdoor wedding ceremony was everything we wanted. Highly recommend Father Jim and Contemporary Catholics!

Sonia · Married on 08/30/2015

Father Jim was easygoing, pleasant, and funny from on our first meeting to the wedding day. He was very accommodating to doing a bilingual ceremony. Everyone absolutely loved his sermon. He is a nice blend of being serious and lightheartedness.

Father Jim Balija was our wedding officiant. He was accommodating to our out of state needs and made time to email and skype with us as needed. Our wedding ceremony was well done as he kept our guests engaged and symbolized the meaning for the day. Father Jim speaks from his heart.

Julianne · Married on 05/15/2015

“Awesome!” “Amazing!” “Fantastic!” just some of the words our guests used to describe Father Jim. When my husband and I were looking for a priest, it was important to us to find someone who would perform a Catholic ceremony outside. I found Father Jim online and his reviews were great, so we reached out to him to schedule a meeting. When we met with him, we found him incredibly engaging. He touched on everything that was important to us, made us laugh and we felt comfortable right away. By the end of our meeting, we couldn’t imagine anyone else presiding over our ceremony. During the year of planning, we communicated via email and Father Jim was always responsive and helpful. He guided us through the process with no problem. On the day of our ceremony, Father Jim set the upbeat pace for the rest of the night. His words were genuine, touching, full of love, and he had everyone laughing. He let us incorporate family and friends into the ceremony which made it extra special to us.
    Father Jim brought something special to our wedding day. His words have stayed with us and many of our guests. Three weeks later, we are still receiving compliments on the ceremony. We couldn’t be happier that Father Jim presided over our ceremony. He was wonderful! We would recommend without hesitation. Thank you, Father Jim!!

Michelle · Married on 04/25/2015

Father Jim married my husband and I in April and we couldn't have been happier with our ceremony. Our guests were beyond impressed with how much Father Jim's advice applies not just to newlyweds, but to any couple. His homily provided truly practical and realistic advice about the hard work that goes into any successful marriage. Everyone in the room laughed, shed tears of happiness and left the ceremony feeling that they had never been to one quite like ours. Guests still tell us that Father Jim was amazing, so he was clearly a memorable part of our day. If you are looking to maintain the religious aspects of a church wedding, but want to enjoy your ceremony at your venue, Father Jim is definitely the way to go!! We have already recommended him to two engaged couples who have booked him for their special day!!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Contemporary Catholics's reply:

Peace! Thank you for the kind words, they are much appreciated. One of my goals is to not only help the couple on their wedding day but to also encourage all coupes to look into their marriages to enhance them. May you enjoy all God's blessings in abundance!

Kylah · Married on 03/15/2015

Amazing in every way, couldn't have asked for more! His unique combination of traditional and modern, humor and seriousness, and ultimate relatedness are unmatched! All our guests asked us where we found him because he was so awesome!

Ally · Married on 01/23/2015

I know I might be biased because it was my own wedding, but Father Jim was absolutely the best officiant I have ever met! His homily was wonderful and was perfect for newlyweds as well as those that have been married for 40 years! I can't believe how many people are still telling me (3 months later) how much they enjoyed our ceremony!

Jana · Married on 12/13/2014

I couldn't have been more happy with Father Jim. When we first met him we instantly felt at ease and so comfortable with him. He was there during our planning to offer advice and suggestions and was always available to is. The ceremony was everything we wanted and we got so many compliments from our guests. Call Father Jim you will not be disappointed!

Jeanine · Married on 10/17/2014

I can't say enough wonderful words about Father Jim! My husband and I have different beliefs, so when it came time to plan our wedding it was tricky—I wanted a catholic service, but he didn't want to do a church wedding. After finding Father Jim's website, I felt like he might be just who we needed—and after we met with him, we knew right away he would deliver a ceremony meaningful for us both! His insights on marriage are so in line in what we feel in our hearts, and he has just the right touch of humor added into his delivery. Nearly every single guest—no matter what their background, asked me where I found him because they thought he was wonderful & his words hit home for many. And as a professional, Father Jim was one of the most reliable—and calming!—vendors that I dealt with every step of the way. We couldn't be happier we found him!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Contemporary Catholics's reply:

Peace! Thanks for your kind words, it was a pleasure celebrating your wedding with you. May you enjoy all God's blessings in abundance through your married life! Fr Jim

Barbara · Married on 08/17/2014

Father Jim is such a wonderful man. Our ceremony would not have been the same without him. He brought the catholic faith and prayer to our ceremony. All our guest commented on how beautiful the ceremony was and how perfect father Jim was. He made everyone smile and laugh especially my husband and I which helped calm our nerves. We already have people asking for his information for their wedding.

All of our guests were raving about the ceremony and how funny and relatable the homily was. I highly recommend Father Jim, very professional and provided a great mix of sentiment and humor into the ceremony. He was the highlight of our ceremony.

Laura · Married on 07/03/2014

Once we met with Father Jim, my husband and I felt very comfortable knew that we made the right choice for our officiant. We both wanted a spiritual ceremony but non-traditional. Father Jim was so open and really wanted to get to know the both of us. We got to choose from many readings and did choose write our own vows. The ceremony was amazing and Father Jim was perfect – during the reception all of our guests were asking how we knew Father Jim, he was a perfect fit for the two of you and had such great words/thoughts on marriage and love. Thank you Father Jim for making our day so special, helping us relax and laugh.