Conroy Catering Reviews

83 | Philadelphia, PA

83 Reviews for Conroy Catering

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Daniella · Married on 04/02/2016

Absolultly excellent from the venue to the staff to the food to our wedding cake! Pleased with everything. They worked hard and made our wedding day perfect! No complaints! Our ceremony and reception were at the Knowlton mansion.

Sent on 04/07/2016
  • Karen G

Karen · Married on 01/16/2016

My husband and I fell in love with Knowlton Mansion from our first visit and our wedding there was absolutely perfect. Everyone we dealt with was responsive and fantastic. We worked with Lori through the planning process and she made it such an easy and nice experience. Eileen, our day of coordinator, and Dee, our wedding day attendant were incredible as well. Eileen made sure everything was set up exactly how we had pictured it and Dee was incredibly attentive during the wedding, making sure we had anything we could want.

Our wedding was gorgeous and exactly what we pictured, all of the guests commented on how unique the venue was and how delicious all of the food was. That, combined with the great staff who worked with us to make our wedding perfect truly made this a perfect day. I'd recommend Knowlton Mansion to anyone looking for a magical, unique venue for their wedding.

Sent on 01/21/2016

Jillian · Married on 12/27/2014

My husband and I had looked at dozens of venues before stumbling upon Knowlton Mansion through a message board discussing local venues, and it was the best thing that could have happened to us. After our initial visit, we knew immediately that this was the perfect venue.
    Everyone we encountered through Knowlton and Conroy Catering were extremely professional, helpful, and accommodating. Lori was our rep throughout the booking process up until the day of. She was readily available to answer any questions and was extremely knowledgeable of not only Knowlton weddings, but any wedding process.
    We chose a December wedding, which meant that the mansion was decorated with wreaths, garlands, trees, and other holiday decor. It really added to the space and made it that much more special. The history of the venue and all of the details throughout the mansion really added an amazing character that you really can't get in a typical wedding hall-type venue.
    From the catering aspect, we chose the stations option, which was, in my opinion, the best option. Our guests loved having so many options to choose from for their meals and made the night go so much faster in terms of the flow of events. Everyone absolutely loved the food options and were amazed at the attentiveness of the entire staff. We also chose a cupcake tier instead of the normal wedding cake, and it was a huge hit.
    On the day of the wedding, we had two staff members assigned to us, a maitre de and a coordinator. Our maitre de was Dee, and she did such a great job making sure that we had everything we needed throughout the day. Our coordinator was Jeannie. She was so amazing and accommodating for anything we needed throughout the night. She made sure that everything was taken care of exactly how we planned it. She and Dee were amazing coordinating with our vendors and made our evening absolutely perfect!
    My husband and I would 100% recommend recommend Knowlton Mansion and Conroy Catering for any event!

Sent on 01/03/2015

Melissa · Married on 10/18/2014

I got married at Knowlton Mansion on October 18th and could not say nicer things about Conroy Catering! The venue itself is stunning - we got so many compliments on the uniqueness of the mansion and ballroom. We chose to do wine tasting in the wine cellar, which was a great touch! Conroy was fantastic to work with. Every member of their staff was so friendly and helpful. They made sure my husband and I got to enjoy the wedding and fulfilled every request and more. We are still getting compliments on the food, especially the cocktail hour. Seriously, I could not have asked for a better caterer!

Sent on 10/28/2014

Sean · Married on 10/03/2014

The entire team at Conroy Catering were so accomodating both before and during the wedding reception. They made the planning process a breeze and the wedding day perfect. We received so many compliments on the seemingly endless amounts of food and the spectacular atmosphere of the Knowlton Mansion. They went above and beyond to ensure the bride and I were well taken care of the entire night.

Sent on 10/22/2014

Everything was wonderful! Got so many compliments on the venue (Knowlton Mansion) and the service!

Ashley

Sent on 08/23/2014

Laura · Married on 07/12/2014

I absolutely love this venue. They were so flexible and accommodating. The food was great and the ambience perfrct. The staff was so helpful and kind. They were easygoing with everything I wanted to add

Sent on 11/24/2014
  • FutureMrsL

Jennifer · Married on 07/04/2014

We were beyond happy with our wedding at Knowlton Mansion. The staff is phenomenal. The sales consultant Lori is very sweet and happy to answer any questions. Our event managers were Eileen, Maureen, & Dee, and they all kept the show going and were so attentive to making sure our family members and we all got to try food. We were impressed that Knowlton takes the time to set up ceremony sites outside & inside if the weather is iffy that day. Also, the day before our wedding there was a thunderstorm that knocked down many trees. Knowlton had landscapers out at 6:30 am on our wedding day fixing everything! The staff was also kind enough to set up our pictures, guestbook, etc. and then to package everything up at the end of the night.

We had the bronze package, and our guests are still raving about the made-from-scratch food! They loved the butlered appetizers and their entrees. We had a tough crowd of Main Line foodies, & they were all beyond impressed. My husband and I tried all the appetizers, & we were so full in time for dinner!

We chose Knowlton as our venue because we figured if we had bad weather on our wedding day, it is still a beautiful venue on the inside. We lucked out with the perfect summer day, and it was absolutely gorgeous! Our guests loved hanging by the fire pit and on the porches outside and enjoyed exploring the mansion. Everything is so pretty that you do not need to do much with decor.

We found the staff at Conroy reasonable and down-to-earth. Their packages are so clear as to what’s included, and having the venue and caterer the same company definitely made things for us! All wedding venues/caterers are expensive, but compared to other venues charging the same price, we felt like we got an exceptional value with the good food, the beautiful venue, and the staff. The staff understands that you are paying them a lot of money and wants to make your day perfect for you. We are so happy!

Sent on 07/07/2014

Rachel · Married on 06/21/2014

We got married at the Knowlton Mansion on 6/21. It was absolutely stunning. I highly recommend this venue for so many reasons.
    - the decor is fabulous (rustic/vintage/horses/Victorian mansion)
    - the ballroom is unique as well, very high (3 story?) wooden ceilings, original stone walls. gorgeous.
    - the staff are so courteous and were prompt in their replies
    - they were also incredibly flexible and accommodating
    - the food is AMAZING!

Thanks to all the staff for making our day so wonderful!

Sent on 08/17/2014

Pamela · Married on 12/28/2013

I would highly recommend Conroy Catering for any wedding. My husband and I had our wedding at the Glen Foerd Mansion, and Conroy catered our event. In a word, the food was exceptional. We chose the “Bronze” package, which was their least expensive package, and we were very satisfied. The butlered hors d'oeuvres and the bruschetta bar were absolutely amazing! These were definitely our favorites.

For their meals, our guests had the choice of chicken, eggplant, or salmon (there were other options in the Bronze package, as well), and all of the meals were delicious. We chose a red velvet cake, and that was a great choice too.

My husband has some prior experience working with a catering company, and he was very happy with the smoothness of how things unfolded with all of our different vendors (DJ, photo booth attendant, photographers). They worked very well together. Conroy Catering ensured that all of the vendors worked very cohesively together which made it almost seem as if all the different vendors were a part of Conroy Catering.

The wait staff and bridal attendant were very personable and took very good care of us. We could not have been happier with choosing Conroy Catering!

Sent on 01/19/2014

Megan · Married on 10/12/2013

Conroy catered my wedding at Laurita Winery and they could not have been better! The food was outstanding as well as their staff and service! Maureen was especially amazing- she set up everything that we brought in for the wedding and was a wonderful person to work with. I highly recommend this company for any event!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Janelle · Married on 10/04/2013

Conroy made sure my wedding went perfectly! their food was amazing and they worked well with me and my fiance all the way up to the date to get the menu just right. They make sure you get what you pay for. The food was superb and i know my guests will be talking about it for years to come. Very happy I went with Conroy.

Sent on 10/25/2013

Ok, I probably drove Lori from Conroy Catering crazy with all of the emailed questions I sent for a year straight. She's amazing, and took my crazy like a champ. We got married at Knowlton Mansion, and it is and was absolutely gorgeous. You have free reign of the entire property when you get married there, so guests can spend any time before and during your ceremony and reception looking around. There is a really cool looking wine cellar that is amazing for pictures, and horse stables with three horses. The food was awesome, and the staff were all really helpful. The best part about Knowlton, though, is that it is so beautiful, you don't have to do much in the way of decorating. We kept our flowers really simple, and Knowlton puts out really pretty candles and lanterns all around the space. We are so happy we picked this space to get married in!

Sent on 11/03/2013

Samantha · Married on 09/01/2013

Conroy Catering provided my wedding with some of the most delicious food I've every tasted! All of my guests commented on how amazing everything was from the appetizers, to the salad, to the main courses and cake. We also had such a great time at the private food tasting that we had for our wedding. Knowlton Mansion had a beautiful setup for our tasting and the chef even came out to ask us if we had any questions or if we wanted any of the food prepared differently.

Maria at Conroy Caterers was so helpful during the entire process and she answered all of our questions and made us feel taken care of. Thank you Conroy for our amazing wedding at Glen Foerd Mansion!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Our reception was at Knowlton Mansion in August 2013. We could not be happier with how everything turned out. Maria was amazing with all of the planning and details leading up to the wedding. She sent helpful reminders when we needed to provide info or final decisions. Very very responsive and helpful. Accommodated tweaks we wanted and really helped us customize the reception to what we wanted. For the week of and day of coordination, Eileen was amazing as well. We dropped off items to be set up and everything was arranged as we wanted it and had described. All the wait staff made sure that I and the Mr. ate and were able to enjoy the food and drinks we'd so carefully thought through. At the end of the night, the staff had everything broken down and boxed up for us before the bridal party could even turn around. Outstanding service, incredible food. We did the espresso bar which was a great treat to accompany dessert. Not to mention that Knowlton and the grounds themselves were gorgeous in the summertime.

Sent on 10/23/2013

My now-husband and I held our wedding reception at Glen Foerd in August 2013. We are extremely pleased with our decision! We walked into our wedding planning envisioning something simple, and Glen Foerd initially seemed opulent; we also worried our intimate party (we ended up with 76 guests) would look lost in the conservatory. We finally chose Glen Foerd because 1. venues in Center City were still a 45 minute drive from the U City church in rush hour traffic; 2. everything, including alcohol and the delicious cake, was included in Conroy's competitive price; 3. the area by the river provided the outdoor feel we wanted while the mansion allowed all of our guests to eat indoors in air conditioning, which was a difficult combination to find. Lori was wonderful throughout the planning process--organized and responsive--and helped us with various substitutions even the week of the wedding. Our guests loved the food, even one guest who is a retired food critic. Instead of feeling lost in the huge mansion and conservatory we had plenty of space to spread out, which comes in especially handy when there are small children in the party. Those working the reception were laid back, accommodating and efficient. Thank you all for the great night!

Sent on 08/21/2013
  • O

Olivia · Married on 07/28/2013

My husband and I got married at the Glen Foerd Mansion in July, and were extremely pleased to have chosen Conroy Catering as our caterers.

We chose a promotional package that included valet parking, food, alcohol, the cake and staff for a fixed price per guest. Our package had fewer choices than some of the others Conroy offered, but that worked for us as it made it easier to pick dishes and to track our costs as our guest count changed.

Maria, our main point of contact at Conroy, was wonderful to work with. She was always on top of things, was incredibly nice and wonderfully patient. Since my husband and I live in London, we ended up communicating with her mostly over email, and she was always very responsive.

We had both our ceremony and reception at Glen Foerd, and Maria also acted as the event planner for the entire day. She worked with us on things like where we wanted the ceremony held, how and when the toasts were conducted, and how we would be introduced. We also had a practice run-through with another Conroy staffer a few days before the wedding to go through how we would walk down the aisle and how the introductions would take place. Those kinds of things seem simple enough but doing it beforehand allowed us to work out a few kinks before the actual day.

The day of the wedding went without a hitch and the staff were fantastic. By the time we arrived, everything in the dining room had already been set up. We cousin and I made the floral centerpieces and the staff took charge of putting them on the tables. The event manager was great and kept things moving along on time. The young woman assigned to take care of me and my husband was so nice and always made sure we had something to drink and if we needed anything she got it for us. Our guests all raved about the food and cake.

We’re very happy with the service Conroy provided and would definitely recommend them to other couples!

Sent on 09/01/2013

tiffany · Married on 07/04/2013

My husband and I were married on July 4th at the Glen Foerd Mansion, and if I could do it all over again I would! Conroy catering was absolutely fabulous during our wedding planning journey. Maria was our catering consultant and she went above and beyond for us in every way. They helped plan our day down to each and every intricate detail. The food is unparalleled to any wedding I have ever attended. If the mansion does not speak for itself in its beauty, the food will lure you in at each and every bite! I cannot thank the Conroy Catering team enough for helping Alex and myself plan our day, they made the happiest day of our lives one to remember forever.

Sent on 12/02/2013

Holly · Married on 06/14/2013

Conroy Catering is the exclusive caterer for Glen Foerd Mansion which is where we had our June wedding in PA. They are a little more expensive than other caterers but they overall package they provide is exceptional and well worth the money. You can customize it to everyone's liking. The food was amazing. Everyone raved about it from cocktail hour, to our sit-down dinner to the cake and flambe dessert station. Everything exceeded our expectations including the staff who were just incredible people. They catered to our every need and made sure we got to taste all of the food at our wedding. We did not miss a thing. They paid so much attention to detail and it showed in the end product. We could not have asked for more.

Sent on 07/01/2013

Megan · Married on 05/31/2013

My husband and I got Married at Knowlton Mansion on May 31 2013. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect venue. Our Consultant was Maria Amezola. She was the sweetest, most calming person we had met throughout the entire process of looking for a venue. She was one if the main reasons we chose to have our wedding at Knowlton Mansion. She made us feel safe and welcome. Like we were family and like she had a genuine interest in every aspect of our wedding. She was very organized and guided through the process of planning a wedding. The service was impeccable and every one of our guests commented on how delicious the food was. We were so happy that we chose Knowlton for a wedding. I always hear horror stories of how something disastrous happened of someone's wedding day...well, that did not apply to us! Our wedding day was absolutely perfect, and all thanks to the masterminds at Conroy Catering and Knowlton Mansion!

Sent on 01/27/2014

Jonathan · Married on 05/26/2013

My wife and I had our wedding at Glen Foerd Mansion on the Delaware and loved every minute of it. Conroy was extremely helpful, accommodating and professional. Our wedding day could not have been any better and we know it is because Conroy and Glen Foerd were perfect for us.

Highly recommended all around.

Sent on 05/29/2013

Aften · Married on 05/17/2013

Our wedding was held at Glen Foerd Mansion and Conroy Catering managed the site and our catering. The usually stressful process was made easy and pleasurable by our contact, Maria Sampera, and our guests were in awe of the venue. It did rain on our day, but the mansion provided more than enough room for guests to wander and explore during cocktail hour, and relax on the big porch during dessert. The food was outstanding, service was impeccable...we wish we could do it again!

Sent on 06/13/2013

pamela · Married on 04/13/2013

Amazing food! Wonderful service! We loved everything about our reception at Laurita Winery and that was made possible by Conroy Catering.

Sent on 04/20/2013

Casey · Married on 02/23/2013

We had our wedding reception at Glen Foerd and were extremely satisfied with the level of service from Conroy Catering. We initially decided to go with them after a visit with Maria Sampera. She was so professional and easily assuaged any concerns we had and really just made us feel very comfortable with Conroy's ability to execute our reception. We continued working with her throughout the entire planning process and she was very responsive and detail oriented. As a bride who was DIYing a lot and without a wedding planner, Maria was such a huge help - I honestly do not think things would have gone nearly as well as they did without all of her help! Even when things were handed over to the event manager, all directions were followed to a "T." I relied on them to set up the majority of my reception decorations and everything looked flawless when we arrived from the church. I knew the second I walked in the door that we picked the right venue and caterer for our winter wedding.

Alice, the Bridal Attendant was also great on the day of the wedding. She kept us with a full drink and food the entire night and also came to the rescue when we couldn't get my gown bustled.

All of our guests were extremely complimentary of the food - especially the hors d'oeuvres - the little spinach phyllo dough bites are AMAZINGLY addictive!

Sent on 03/14/2013

Jennifer · Married on 12/28/2012

Absolutely amazing! Conroy provided not only the catering for my wedding, but owns the venue, the Knowlton Mansion, where my reception was held. The people who work there are very friendly and helpful. They assist you in every detail leading up to the wedding and are on-point the day of the wedding. We received so many compliments on the food and heard from many guests that it was the best wedding food they've ever had. I would recommend Conroy to anyone looking for an amazing reception and a wonderful wedding experience!

Sent on 11/27/2013