Connexion Band Reviews

Connexion Band 6
Connexion Band 7
  • Cassidy

Cassidy · Married on 08/10/2019

The band and dance floor of my dream

The Connexion Band was so amazing I'm not sure where to begin. The thing that comes to mind first was how crowded the dance floor was all night. Myself, being the bride, only left the dance floor once (to go eat cake). The songs and energy make it impossible to leave. We had guests the night of, and still one month later, asking who the band was. Throughout the planning process Ray was nothing but pleasant to work with, was very responsive and flexible as plans would change throughout. Hiring this band was one of our best decisions of the wedding!

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Staci

Staci · Married on 11/24/2018

Everything We Wanted

We couldn’t have asked for better entertainment for our wedding! It was without a doubt, one of the most memorable parts of our day! The band had the dance floor packed all night!

Ray was such a pleasure to work with! He answered our questions in a timely manner, and always made sure we were happy!

We would, without a doubt, recommend The Connexion Band to anyone for their special occasion!

Sent on 01/09/2019

Ashley Swanson · Married on 11/03/2018

Most crowded I’ve ever seen a dance floor!

All 240 people at our wedding RAVED about the band! I’ve never seen a a dance this packed ALL night! They are professional, engertic and overall wonderful!! THANK YOU!!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Shannon Majka · Married on 10/06/2018

Connexion Band MADE our wedding!

We used Connexion Band for our wedding on October 6th and they were phenomenal!! The dance floor was packed all night and everyone has an absolute blast. So many people came up to me at the wedding or after and asked about the band - they seriously crushed it! We had so much fun and Ray was a pleasure to work with. Very responsive, patient, and accommodating. Would 100% recommend this band and they are an incredible value for the price. They truly made our night!!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Anonymous · Married on 09/29/2018

Okay, so Ray asked me to leave a review but honestly I would have done it anyway.. Seriously amazing group. As a fellow musician and someone who is probably pickier than most when it comes to music, I can honestly say that they did a wonderful job at our wedding and really set the tone for the night. The dance floor was filled the entire night and the energy in the room was awesome! They even let me steal the mic for a couple tunes, which was great... Ray is one of the nicest guys to deal with and very very patient. Dave is the guy to talk to during the performance--They were both great and very accommodating to our last minute requests and needs. All of the other band members were super cool and everyone genuinely seemed to be having fun. Overall, very professional. I don't normally leave reviews but these guys deserve it. You really cant find a better band for this kind of value. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for some great live tunes and a rowdy dance floor.... one more thing, we hired the jazz trio for cocktail hour and it was AWESOME! Definitely would recommend adding that to your occasion as well. I honestly cannot count how many compliments we got on the band--both the jazz trio and the full ensemble. Our guests loved all of the music! In fact, 2 of my friends have already inquired about how to contact Connexion after seeing them play...dont sleep on these guys! Great job!!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Sharon · Married on 09/02/2018

Ray and The Connexion Band were great!!! I would definitely use them again for my other kid’s wedding. We had a blast dancing to their music.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Bridget · Married on 08/25/2018

The band kept everyone on the dance floor for the entire night! The energy was great. Couldn't have been happier with their performance.

Sent on 10/03/2018

michelle · Married on 06/09/2018

We used Connexion on June 9th for a wedding at Lowe's Hotel. The band was beyond my expectations in every way. Not only were they superb at the wedding, but working with Ray on the music the timeline and other tings we needed was wonderful. He replied properly and shared some of his wisdom with us to make the night flow. I would highly recommend them to anyone!!!

Sent on 07/06/2018

Sara · Married on 01/06/2018

Absolutely perfect.
    My husband and I were mostly concerned about the open bar and music. We spent countless hours listening to a variety of bands and what stood out the most to us with Connexion Band was the flexibility, timeliness in response, and of course their music list and samples.
    Their website is very user friendly and the selling point is that they have samples you can listen to of a few of their covers. I will be honest we did have our doubts while listening to the samples thinking "how could they sound this good, it's recorded." But, they definitely over exceeded our expectations. They were so impressive that I have friends and family members asking for their information for when they have their "potential weddings." Our guests didn't leave the dance floor from the minute they started. I have never been to a wedding where all the guests are still centered on the dance floor when the lights go on and the music ends.
    The thing that the Connexion band offers that I didn't see in other bands was not only the variety of songs from slow, fast, oldies, country, but also because they had a male and female lead for specific songs. Which really made it feel like a true cover. Their voices are bone chilling perfect.
    The only challenge when booking them is that they are very confidential with their clients so they don't allow you to visit them while performing at other events. So you feel like you are taking a gamble. Which now that our event is over, I highly respect. But, at the time while planning I will admit I was a little disappointed and nervous when selecting them. However, I found them on Facebook which led me to find another couple who partnered with them for their wedding. The review from them was great, so I took a risk and listened to their recommendation and I couldn't be more grateful.
    You'd be crazy not to select The Connexion Band for your next event. Ray is super easy to work with and truly wants the best for you.
    Warm Regards,
    A&S

Sent on 04/12/2018

Eric Hofmann · Married on 12/30/2017

Great music and good people

The Connection Band played at our wedding reception in December 2017. We thoroughly enjoyed their music and received many compliments on the band, even long after the event. They customized a playlist for our preferred style made up of a combination of requests and their picks that fit well. They have an extensive repertoire and would be able to do that for many genres and tastes. They even played a song I asked for that was not on their regular list. They also provided a solo keyboard player to provide background music during dinner.

The electricity went out at our reception just before the band was to go on stage and they were prepared to go without electronics if needed (the power came back on).

They provide good value for the number and quality of musicians at their price. The band leader Ray is friendly. And the Connexion Band provided entertainment to celebrate the reason we were there without making themselves the focus or using our event to promote themselves.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Christine · Married on 12/02/2017

This band made our wedding everything it was! They are so much fun , and they know all the songs to play to get the party started and the crowd going! They are so nice to work with, so very kind and professional. They will not disappoint. Worth every penny.

Sent on 12/06/2017

Peter · Married on 11/04/2017

Ray and the Connexion band were the centerpiece of an EPIC wedding day for my wife and I on 11/4/17. They were extremely responsive through the whole process and willing to learn and adjust a few songs that meant a lot to us. The fact that they had 9 members left the crowd in awe of the range of genres....rock, country, rap, Top 40, oldies, and BRAND new songs (think 'Feels' by Calvin Harris'). The dance floor was ABSOLUTELY packed the entire night and every song was as though the original artist was singing. They were interactive with the crowd and we had more than a handful of guests say they were the best wedding band they had ever heard! I couldn't agree more, their energy, passion, talent, and genuine excitement to be playing our wedding was unmatched and made it the best day of our lives. I would and have recommended them to anybody who is discussing bands! Thank you Ray and Connexion Band for all the hard work, we will never forget that night!

Sent on 12/27/2017
    Connexion Band 8
    Connexion Band 9
    Connexion Band 10
    Connexion Band 11
    Connexion Band 12
    Connexion Band 13

Max · Married on 09/15/2017

Absolute professionals and incredible musicians. You could tell they were having as much fun as the crowd. All guests commented how spectacular the band was. Top notch, as good as it gets.

Sent on 10/06/2017

Kent · Married on 09/03/2017

Excellent overall, The Connexion Band sounded great and kept everyone dancing the whole reception with new songs, oldies, and everything in between for our wedding!! They did a fantastic job with the bridal party introductions and all the first dances (Father & Bride, Mother & Groom, Bride & Groom) were just amazing!!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Chris · Married on 07/29/2017

The Connexion Band brought our dream wedding to life! Heard first at a friend's wedding a few years back and they didn't disappoint, we couldn't resist but to book them for ourselves! The 9-piece band was incredible and we have received nothing but great feedback from all of our guests. They also supplied our PA system, ceremony musician, dinner music, as well as a jazz trio for the cocktail reception. The repertoire list for the band was so extensive that we were able to hear many of our favorites and also work with the group to DJ the band breaks with our music choices. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND this band. We got such an amazing sound and popping party for a very reasonable cost. Thank you Connexion Band!!!

Sent on 08/11/2017

I cannot say enough about the Connexion Band! They were the best part of our wedding. We got so many compliments on them and how fun they made our reception. They were able to do a wonderful mix of DJ songs through dinner and special requests for first dances, to live versions of our favorite songs. They have a huge repertoire that they work with and allow you to choose some songs that are 'must haves' and then feel the crowd to select songs they think will bring people to the dance floor, and our dance floor was packed the entire night! They are a steal for the quality of the music and fun they give a wedding!

Ross and Andrea · Married on 06/17/2017

It has been nearly a month after our wedding and friends and family are still raving about how great "the band" at our wedding was. Connexion Band is not an ordinary wedding band that has limits and can only do so much. They went above every expectation that everyone at our wedding could have possibly set out. When we asked them to come out from Chicago up to Milwaukee for a wedding in the historic 5th Ward they jumped at the opportunity. There was no hesitation from them about the distance or any potential logistical issues. Two days before our wedding the City of Milwaukee was even so kind as to completely tear up the street in front of the venue and made parking nearly impossible. Regardless Of that curveball, Ray and the band just rolled with the punches and the stress never came down to anyone else involved in the wedding. I was worried the whole time about things going wrong and of course they did. But no matter what it was the band helped it breeze right by and never "skipped a beat." I cannot say enough about the Connexion Band and would suggest them to anyone who wants a band that will meet and exceed any and all of your entertainment expectations or dreams at your wedding.

Andrea · Married on 06/17/2017

Nancy · Married on 06/10/2017

I cannot say enough about Ray and the team. After the wedding, many guests told me that without question it was the best music they have ever heard. The band members know how to get guests moving and enjoy themselves. Between the Drake and Connexion the evening was magical!

Sent on 07/29/2016

Suzy · Married on 06/10/2017

This band. Honestly the best wedding band I've ever heard. Played amazing music tailored to our desires. They sent us a repertoire months before the wedding so we were able to cross off the "no" songs and highlight the "yes" songs. Ray, the manager is so easy to talk with and was very quick with answering any questions we had. I could not recommend this band enough. The price is right and the quality is amazing. We had a wedding with half the guests from NY and they were blown away. Some guests commented that they couldn't tell when it was the band singing or the iPod playing (during a short break) because that's how great the band was. Book this band today!!!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Erin · Married on 05/06/2017

We got married in May 2017, but Connexion had played my cousin's wedding 6 years ago, too. They were amazing then and they were amazing at our wedding! Our dance floor was literally always packed - even during breaks! My dad used to sing in a wedding band, so I knew I wanted him to sing at our wedding, and Connexion didn't just allow it - they were pumped! My dad sang 3 songs with the band and it was a total highlight of our night. We requested no novelty songs, like chicken dance, YMCA, etc, but of course they said 'Yes' to the mother of the bride's request of Electric Slide! Highly recommend, and Ray was great to communicate with leading up to the wedding.

Sent on 08/29/2017

Katie · Married on 04/29/2017

Let me tell you, you WILL NOT be disappointed!

The Connexion Band came highly recommended by our photographer, so we decided to check them out. We worked with Ray, who manages the 9-piece band, and we went to hear them during a charity event. They were absolutely outstanding - it was one and done. We booked the Connexion immediately after hearing them; we never even went to check out another band!

Our wedding day was no exception. The dance floor was PACKED all night long. Ray and team give you the chance to pick out your music, but recommend that you let them read the room and pick accordingly. We did just that -- we selected the songs for first dance, FOB dance, bouquet toss, garter, and last song of the night. We let them pick the rest, and that was the best decision. They had the perfect mix of modern, classic, upbeat, and energetic songs to keep the room dancing and partying the night away. We also added the 3-piece jazz band for dinner music, and they did a fantastic job.

The value for the band is unmatched -- the band was priced well below the competition and were far better than any band I had previously heard at weddings.

Finally, I had a special request for Ray -- the FOB dance was a special surprise, starting out slow, and jumping right into a choreographed Grease Lightening. Ray mixed the songs and provided it to me before hand so my dad and I could practice our surprise dance. The requests of how the songs were mixed was completed perfectly.

If I were searching for a wedding band and someone told my to blindly hire them, I echo that recommendation! You will not regret it!!

Sent on 06/18/2017

Claire · Married on 04/29/2017

We could not have been happier with choosing the Connexions as the band for our wedding. Ray was very responsive to emails and receptive to our music requests. He sent out a questionnaire to us prior to the wedding about reception details which helped us know what to expect on the day of the wedding and ease our stress. The music was phenomenal and we have never seen a dance floor that packed for the entire night. They played a wide variety of music and were so talented. Even guests who couldn’t dance loved just being able to listen to them perform. We have already been asked several times by other couples who our band was so they can have them at their wedding. Having The Connexions as our wedding band truly made our night so memorable and special.

Sent on 09/03/2017

Michelle · Married on 03/26/2017

Ray has played for the weddings of two of my dear friends. In both weddings, one in Chicago and the other in LaGrange, you just never sat down. The variety of music and their read of the guests was just fantastic. They did NOT let us down. The guests raved about them. They also let my niece do a song that evening and the audience loved it. I cannot say enough good things about them.

Sent on 05/29/2018