Conner Catering Reviews

Conner Catering 5
  • Germaine

Germaine · Married on 08/17/2019

What A Day!!

When I tell you that Donald and his team did everything they possibly could to make our wedding day perfect, I am not exaggerating! He patiently answered my questions (all 3,000 of them) during the whole process. He was very hands on with tons of helpful advice! He really knows his stuff and his suggestions helped to make our day amazing!!
    The venue at the Old Mill is just beautiful!! Donald got new pieces for the center of our stationary hors'd' oeuvres, the floor was freshly painted, and the inside reception area came to life once the place settings were put in place!!
    Since we made the centerpieces and all the decorations ourselves, Donald was very accommodating, allowing us to enter early and set up. It was so hot that day, that he even moved one bar inside to help our guests feel comfortable and beat the heat. His staff was on the ball and very kind, pleasant, and helpful to all of our guests.
    In addition to the above, the review wouldn't be complete if I didn't mention the food. Oh my gosh!!! Mouthwatering deliciousness!!! We had filet and chicken oscar and our guests RAVED about how fantastic that food was!! The meat was so tender, the crab delicious, and the plates of our guests
    empty! That really topped off the evening before the dancing began!
    I cannot thank Donald and his team enough for helping to make our day everything we dreamed of and more! We waited a long time for this day to become a reality and I couldn't have picked a better venue or caterer to make that happen!
    With much gratitude,

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Bill

Bill Haines · Married on 06/12/2019

Conner Catering and Old Mill 5 stars

Donald and his staff at Conner Catering were amazing. They were very helpful from start to finish. This was our first wedding that we had to plan so we had plenty of questions which they answered with ease, The paperwork and contract was very professional and easy to follow. Meeting with Donald to discuss food options was also very simple. He offered his suggestions and the final result was a wedding everyone loved hor devours that were amazing and a meal that was delicious. The entire night was just perfect and we cant thank Donald and his crew enough. Trust me you wont be disappointed with Conner Catering and the Old Mill which was beautiful. Bill Haines

Sent on 12/09/2019

Shawna Felder · Married on 06/07/2019

So grateful!

Shawna Felder

My Husband & I were married at the stunning Merion Tribute House; from their exclusive catering list we choose Conner Catering (a FULL service, family owned catering company) definitely a wise and smart decision, we could not have been happier.
    Elegant environment, phenomenal food plus impeccable service equaled money well spent.
    Conner Catering specializes in various types of reasonably priced cuisine.
    My Husband and I were ok picking appetizers on our own (smile) but when it came to selecting our main dish for the evening, we were truly indecisive and in need of help.
    We worked closely with Donald, who knows this trade well and exhibits great culinary talent.
    He did a wonderful job helping us customize our reception menu. I must admit we did not have a tasting in advance of the wedding, but we did not need one, we received numerous compliments, guest raved about how FRESH and DELICIOUS the food was.

Many were definitely impressed with the grand selection of hors d'oeuvres (we had twelve total! some hot, some cold) during our amazing cocktail hour and the generous food portions (guest received both flounder stuffed with crab meat and boneless chicken breast stuffed with roasted red peppers, sweet plum tomatoes and sauteed spinach, so savory!!) given during our elegant dinner. Besides the food being a hit our guest sincerely appreciated two different bar stations being set up (non alcohol and alcoholic) and admired the personal touches given to both. Kudos to the bartenders our guest enjoyed you!

Ladies, Donald understands that our Wedding Day is more than just a day!!!! He was super helpful, assisting us as we created the wedding day timeline.......providing options, alternate scenarios and feedback, even teaming up with our venue making sure our day was successful.

We PRAISE GOD for Donald and his staff; EVERYONE was wonderful, very professional & accommodating, we are beyond grateful for their awesome service and assuring our wedding day would be fabulous and a fun experience for us and our guest. We would recommend them in an instant!!

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 04/20/2019

Everything we could have ever asked for!!

The food was delicious, their team was professional and so friendly and helpful the whole evening, without being in the way!! I would recommend them to anyone!!

Sent on 05/14/2019

Han · Married on 04/13/2019

Professional staffs, top-notch foods

Catering takes up substantial portion at your wedding, and you definitely want to make sure it is perfectly set up. When I first walked in for open house event at Merion Tribute House, I was very impressed by hors d'oeuvre presented by Conner Catering. Not only they have the best presentation of plates, but also they offer such a variety of hors d'oeuvre menu selections without any extra charge. This made us to have a wide selection of foods without having to go through buffet option.

In addition to their amazing presentation of foods, professional staffs, clean working environments, I personally loved to have Donald Conner to be our caterer because he helped us a lot to narrow down the wedding details. He gave honest opinions and a lot of suggestions when we needed based on his years of experience in the wedding industry.

At our wedding, we heard many and many compliments from guests that they enjoyed time at the cocktail hour and reception. The quality of foods were very good as they promised, and we were very satisfied with Conner Catering. It was such a pleasure working with them, and if we ever have to go back in time, we will choose exactly the same menu and everything as we did at our wedding. Special thanks to Conner Catering for making our wedding the happiest place on earth.

Sent on 04/19/2019

Bailey · Married on 03/30/2019

Great experience at The Old Mill

I'm so happy we got to have our wedding at The Old Mill. It was exactly what I was looking for in terms of aesthetics. We worked with Donald, who was great. He knew this venue was at the top of our budget, so he worked with us on ways to cut down the catering costs so it could work for us. He also helped us as the day got closer to make sure we had everything in order. He was responsive each time we have him a call. We also got to set up the Friday before our Saturday wedding (since there was no other event that night), which was a total life saver!

We had our ceremony in the meadow (luckily the weather cooperated), cocktail hour in the pavilion/courtyard, and reception in the ballroom - everything was so beautiful! Also, all of the food was so tasty! One of the staff managers, Lena, personally brought us a sampler of all of our appetizers during cocktail hour because she knew the bride and groom don't really get to eat - it was so sweet!

Sent on 06/25/2019

Hello Bailey,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience with our team at your wedding at The Old Mill. You and Dave were great to work with and we're so happy to hear how satisfied you were.

Wishing you both an incredible future together! Keep the magic!
  • Shellycherea

Michelle · Married on 11/11/2018

Excellent Service!

Overall, we were pleased with Don and his team as they helped me put on my dream wedding at the stunning Old Mill in Rose Valley. Taylor was also extremely responsive throughout my year of planning, which I genuinely appreciated.

On the day, our guests enjoyed everything: the food, service and venue. Originally we planned to have our ceremony outside but the weather was poor so Don help us move everything to the Pavilion which worked out even better. And if there was ever a problem, a solution was quickly proposed by Don. Thank you so much for your excellent service and sense of humor.

Sent on 01/05/2019

Margaret · Married on 08/26/2018

Conner Catering was wonderful to work with! They were incredibly flexible with our budget and we definitely felt like we got a lot for our money. So professional in every aspect! Would recommend to anyone wanting excellent service and excellent food for their wedding.

Sent on 09/13/2018

Kristin · Married on 05/12/2018

My Fiance and I just toured The Old Mill, one of conner catering's venues, this past week and fell in love. We met with Don Conner for our tour and had an all around wonderful experience. He was friendly, had a great sense of humor and made us feel completely at ease during the tour. We are terribly disappointed that the old mill did not have any Saturdays (except one) open for 2018 or else we would have booked it on the spot. We did however love Don and his whole approach to event planning and are now looking at other venues in which he works. We highly recommend this catering company off of our first impression alone!

Sent on 07/09/2017

Conner Catering's reply:

Wow, thank you Kristin and we're sorry The Old Mill wasn't available for your date. However, rest assured that no matter where your wedding is held, if you choose Conner Catering, Inc. you will still receive top-notch treatment, professionalism and incredible cuisine. Best, The Conner Catering Team

Melissa · Married on 04/06/2018

We're in the process of finalizing our booking with Conner Catering for our 2018 wedding at their venue, the old mill. We've been really impressed so far with the level of professionalism and responsiveness and feel confident that we are in great hands! Taylor has been wonderful with answering all of our e-mails and the millions of questions we've had so far and we're really excited to move forward with working with conner catering to plan our special day. We will update!

Sent on 12/29/2016

Hello Melissa,
    Thank you for your Review and rest assured you will need that 6th Star to do your Review after your wedding! We are truly passionate about what we do and honestly do strive for perfection at every event which is why we insist on having our clients work directly only with Donald and Taylor, not a company "sales force". We look forward to working with you and planning your wedding day, and I know you will be awestruck....

Harper · Married on 03/25/2018

Conner Catering made our wedding day at The Old Mill something we will never forget. It was simply everything we had ever hoped for for our wedding day. Donald and Taylor were so great to work with in the months leading up to our big day and really held our hands throughout the entire planning phase of the wedding. Anytime we had a question, and believe me there were many, they were right there to assist. My husband and I are so very happy with our decision to use conner catering. They are incredibly good at what they do and we hope to use them for other big life events of ours in the future. We highly recommend them!!

Sent on 08/02/2018

LeAnne · Married on 10/06/2017

My husband and I used Conner Catering for our wedding back in October and they were absolutely fantastic. Amazing food, service and attention to detail. Donald and Taylor were great to work with through the entire wedding planning process leading up to the big day. Everything was perfect the day-of, and most importantly, stress-free. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Peggy · Married on 09/30/2017

As a wedding planner (Love on a Shoe String) I have worked with many caterers. Conner Catering offers the whole package, great food and exceptional staff. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Delaney · Married on 07/29/2017

The Old Mill is a hidden gem that can be found in the luscious woods of Rose Valley that simply has a charm to it like no other. I was married there in the summer with the hope of a wedding theme of Celtic-Woodland, and the venue itself looks something out of a fairytale. It is cost-efficient, incredibly beautiful on the inside and out, and is manned by the most talented group of caterers I have ever met. Conner Catering and the team at The Old Mill helped bring my elaborate theme to life and my 200 guests left feeling satisfied, happy, and in wonder at how they had never heard of this place before. As a bride, the Old Mill is incredible, but I also have a unique perspective on the caterers and the venue itself because I am also a wedding photographer. The caterers and their staff treat you like family...sophisticated family...and are prepared to wait on you hand and foot and make sure everything goes the way it should. I am greatly appreciative to Don, Taylor, Jeanne, and the entire Conner Team for their incredible hard work and their willingness to put up with one detail-crazy photographer/bride. THANK YOU!

Sent on 07/30/2017

Conner Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Delaney! We were honored that you chose Conner Catering knowing that you work with so many caterers. You are incredibly talented and we absolutely love your photography and working with you in the wedding industry.
    You and Jeff are incredibly special and you could actually feel the love in the room that day. Everyone here wishes you a lifetime of happiness and love. We will be sure to pass your message on to our staff and management. They are the best in our eyes as well, an extension of our family who truly love what they do. Chef Jeanne will be thrilled to hear your compliments on the food for the evening. She's crazy about her food and definitely put some extra love in there for you two.
    Thank you again for choosing Conner Catering, Inc. and we wish you happiness today and always. Best, The Conner Catering Team

Kerry · Married on 06/17/2017

We are still on cloud nine from our magical wedding at The Old Mill. Donald was extremely professional and so helpful in the planning process to both me and my Mom answering all of our questions along the way. SO many of our guests commented on how delicious all the food was! Every single person on the staff worked so hard to make our day special and we really felt that. I highly recommend Conner Catering to anyone getting married!!!

Sent on 06/25/2017

Hi Kerry,
    Thank you for your Review and we are even more thrilled than you are that everything was seamless and the food was delicious. Wishing you and Erich a lifetime of love, happiness and good health. Donald, Jeanne, Taylor and the Conner Team

Jill · Married on 06/17/2017

My family, friends and I cannot stop talking about the amazing reception my daughter and son-in-law had at the Old Mill in Rose Valley, PA. Donald Conner, Conner Catering and their staff were outstanding! From the friendly staff and the great bartenders to the unbelievable delicious food served – WOW – what a night! My family cannot thank them enough for ALL they did to make my daughter and son-in-law’s wedding day incredible.

I also want to give an extra special thank you to the head of the staff. She went above and beyond…..including when she saw the bride, groom, maid of honor and me (mother of bride) go into the bride’s room she came in immediately with two plates full of appetizers…..I was very impressed. She is extremely attentive and she definitely made the evening go smoothly and efficiently.

And last but certainly not least – a huge thank you to DON! It was a pleasure working with him. His expertise in finding out what my daughter and son-in-law wanted and then delivering it was very much appreciated. Thank you, thank you, thank you to Don for his calmness in answering all of our texts, emails and telephone calls….some of them frantic….right up until the last minute.

Hire Don and Conner Catering - you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 08/03/2017

Conner Catering's reply:

Thank you Jill for your incredible Review. We are so thrilled that everything was seamless for your daughter and son-in-law and that you were so happy with every aspect of the wedding. We will definitely pass your awesome messages on to our staff and to Donald. Chef Jeanne will be so happy to hear you loved the food too! Wishing all of your family a lifetime of happiness, love and good health. Best, The Conner Catering Team

clare · Married on 06/11/2017

Don and his staff are simply amazing - the whole experience from first contact to the final bite was terrific - my groom and I were so happy with how well we were treated, how much our concerns were attended to, the clarity of communication, and of course - the quality of the incredible food. We had a brunch reception with a varied menu that our guests raved over. The staff the day of our wedding was professional and smooth and so easy to work with. We are very glad we worked with Conner Catering and highly, highly recommend them.

Sent on 06/24/2017

Hi Clare,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. We are beyond thrilled that you were so happy from start to finish, including the planning process. Chef Jeanne takes great pride in her food and definitely "cooks from the heart" for every event. I'll make sure to pass your message along to her. Also, thank you for your compliments on our staff, they are great people and also love what they do. Best wishes to both of you and wishing you a lifetime of love, happiness and good health. The Conner Team

Valerie · Married on 06/11/2017

My wife and I got married at The Old Mill in June, and the Conner Catering staff gave us an incredible experience. I honestly didn't think we'd be able to find a space that beautiful within our budget, but Don Conner sat down with us and told us exactly what we could get within our budget and explained all the costs. This is such a rare gift! We so appreciated his upfront and calm approach to wedding planning - it put us totally at ease.

Don was also pretty responsive over text and flexible. He also accommodated some last minute changes with no problems. And that's not even getting into the gorgeousness of the venue or how great the food was. The guests went crazy over the appetizers and the ice cream bar. The best thing about it was we had so many food options--if you pick this company, you'll have such a variety of food and dessert to choose from.

Conner Catering is the opposite of the wedding "package." You can tell that every wedding is individual and unique to the couple. We knew we'd get a beautiful day, but it was even more than that.

Sent on 08/15/2017

Dear Valerie and Carmen,
    Thank you for your kind words. Honestly, it was such a genuine pleasure working with you both and we're thrilled that you were so happy with the entire journey from planning to execution. We love that you trusted us with your special day and that you embraced our "boutique" approach to catering. Donald truly is an expert at what he does and Jeanne always "cooks from the heart". We're so glad to hear that you felt we were responsive as we really do try to consistently improve. That was really nice to hear. From the whole Conner Catering Team, best wishes for a lifetime of happiness, love and good health. xoxo

Pat · Married on 06/09/2017

Our daughter got married at the Old Mill on June 9, 2017.. Don and his staff are exceptional and made everything so easy. From the beginning, Don assured us that we would be in good hands and from every email to the actual event, he was right there. His staff was so professional and super nice and the wedding was just so wonderful.. The food was amazing, the weather was perfect and the bride and groom were stunning.. a beautiful venue.... thank you so much :)

Sent on 06/12/2017

Hi Pat,
    Thank you for your awesome review. We are so happy that you and your daughter had a wonderful experience with Conner Catering from planning to execution along with great food. It was a pleasure working with you and we wish you and your family much love, happiness and great health.

Rania · Married on 05/21/2017

We had our wedding at the Old Mill on 5/21/2017 and it was everything I ever wanted it to be and more! A co-worker actually recommended the Old Mill to me and thank God he did. I went to A LOT of venues before choosing the Old Mill. Don and his team were absolutely a pleasure to work with. He was very relaxed and accommodating. Whenever we needed to discuss something with him, we would just text Don and he was very responsive. His team was super organized and we got to interact with quite a few of them, which I really enjoyed. We had a pretty large wedding (approximately 200 people) and they still managed to make everyone happy. Everyone raved about how great the food and venue were. Great food, great venue, great staff, great value. I would choose Conner Catering and the Old Mill all over again!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Hello Rania,
    Thank you for your terrific review. Our whole team is so thrilled that you had such a positive experience with Conner Catering for your wedding. One of the things we pride ourselves on is the fact that everything is so personal. We loved hearing that you enjoyed our staff as well. We think EVERY aspect of the wedding process is critical from the planning, to the venue to the staff, along with incredible food. We will surely pass your message on to Donald too. He is passionate about this business. Wishing you and David everything wonderful in your new life together. The Conner Catering Team

Carolyn · Married on 05/21/2017

Our family was blessed to have two weddings within 6 months and after the first wedding at The Old Mill with Conner Catering we immediately booked them for the second second wedding at The Merion Tribute House. As the one planning and executing the entire wedding - and the mother of the groom - Don Conner was my most valued partner. His suggestions, guidance, and flare for the exceptional made these two weddings spectacular events. No matter what I came up with - Don was game to help me make it happen. Don created fabulous menus that needed be be very distinct from each other. The food looked beautiful and more importantly, is still being talked about amongst friends. His team were friendly, efficient and professional. Conner Catering is now "Our Family Caterer" ...Don if you read this - you and your team are the best!

Conner Catering 13
    Conner Catering 14
    Conner Catering 15
    Conner Catering 16
    Conner Catering 17
    Conner Catering 18
    Sent on 01/09/2018

Devon · Married on 11/04/2016

We had our wedding at The Old Mill with Conner Catering and are still in awe at how magical our wedding day was. The staff was so accommodating, polite and went out of their way to make sure that each and every one of our guests had all of their needs met. The food was simply incredible. We had read review after review saying how good the food was and we were not disappointed. We still have guests telling us it was the best wedding they had ever been to. The planning process was easy and stress-free and we really did get to create the perfect wedding that spoke so perfectly to who we are as a couple. We're so happy to we went with The old Mill and Conner Catering. Many many thanks to Taylor, Donald and the rest of the Conner Catering team!!

Sent on 12/29/2016

Conner Catering's reply:

Thank you for your wonderful review. We will pass your message along to Chef Jeanne. She will love to know that you were so happy with the food. She seriously is all about that and as we say in our kitchen, "she cooks from the heart" for every single event. Thank you also for reviewing our whole team from Donald to the staff. We LOVE hearing how everyone helped make your day everything you dreamed of. Wishing you a lifetime of love, happiness and good health. The Conner Catering Team

Victoria · Married on 09/23/2016

BOOK THEM!

I wouldn't prefer to work with anyone else, given the option. I have more kind words than I can fit to share here about Connors and their catering services... They go above and beyond and work personally and professionally with you to make your dreams a reality. They are nothing short of exceptional as a business and as just damn good people in general. I was so pleased to have the chance to work with them. Thank you!!!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Leah · Married on 08/19/2016

We were over the moon happy with our choice to have our wedding with Conner Catering at The Old Mill in Rose Valley, PA! The planning process was so easy, Don and Conner Catering really work with you to provide a menu that fits in your budget, I could not believe the wedding we were able to have within our budget. Don and his team were so flexible and accommodating and got back to us on any questions we had so quickly. Don is so charismatic and passionate about what he does, he was an absolute pleasure to work with and he is so knowledgeable- he brought up so many things we may not have thought of until later in the process which really helped keep stress levels down as the wedding day got closer! We were overwhelmed with the compliments we got from our guests not only on the venue’s beauty and the food (seriously SO good), but on the staff as well which made me really happy to hear that our guests got such good treatment they went out of their way to tell us about it! Lena was a staff member who helped us out a lot during the day and made sure we had plenty of apps and drinks throughout pictures and cocktail hour- she was absolutely fabulous looking out for us! I really felt that Conner Catering went way above and beyond to make our day perfect and I could not recommend them enough to anyone- I really can’t fully put into words how grateful I am to them for all they did for us.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Leslie · Married on 05/26/2016

The presentation was lovely, the amount of food impressive all in all a wonderful experience

Sent on 07/25/2017

Conner Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Leslie for your kind words. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness, love and good health.
    Keep the magic!