42 Reviews for Congress Hall

Cocktail Reception (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
Parking (1)
42 Congress Hall Reviews

You can not go wrong with Congress Hall. They are the best of the best!!!! Jenn was fantastic (Give that woman a raise she had to deal with my crazy family). Well worth the money, I have been told so many times we had the best wedding ever, and that the service was amazing. They gave great vendor recommendations. Food was ON POINT!!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 11/17/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Such a beautiful place inside and out. The staff was amazing and so helpful. It was raining in the morning so we decided to move cocktail underneath the overhang where the rocking chairs even though it had stopped raining (did not want everyone having to walk on wet grass) and I have to say I actually like it better because we were not in direct sun (we got married in June). Amazing place - you can't go wrong with Congress Hall!

Profile Picture Laura, [Private], 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning

Our wedding at Congress Hall was absolutely flawless and I loved every detail. Hands down the best wedding venue in Southern NJ (and beyond in my opinion). The aesthetics paired with history of Congress Hall are wonderful, the food was delicious and our guests raved about how impressed they were with our wedding and how much fun they had. A special thanks to Jeri Anne, our wedding coordinator who is beyond amazing! I loved my correspondence leading up to the wedding with Jeri Anne who was so organized and enthusiastic. She helped to make things so easy and was so accommodating especially as I planned from out of town. On the weekend of the wedding, she impressed us even more with her eye for detail, proactivity and kindness. She truly is a gem who we felt lucky to work with! We can't wait to come back for our anniversary!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 4/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot even begin to explain how amazing our wedding at Congress Hall was! The best part about it was how easy everything was. Our wedding coordinator Jeri Anne was the absolute best. She was so amazing about helping by reaching out to vendors, answering my questions, and setting everything up. There were actually times where I was wondering if i was missing something or if there was something I forgot because I felt like things seemed way too easy. Congress Hall was better then I could have ever imagined and they make it such a stress free experience. They literally provide you with a packet of everything you need to pick out, charts for seating and even give you lists of great vendors. We also had our rehearsal dinner at the rusty nail which is owned by congress hall so we did not have to pay a site fee as a result. Being from North Jersey and comparing the prices of the venues there to the price of congress hall (during peak season) was very reasonable and you really pay for what you get. The food was amazing and you get to pick from some really great options! The cocktail hour out on the veranda is so great and even though it rained on our wedding day we were still able to have it outside. All my guests rave about how beautiful the room was and we were able to fit all 190 of our guests in there comfortably. The tiffany blue walls looked so beautiful in all the pictures and even the pictures we got throughout congress hall and outside are amazing. They also provide the cake which was delicious and very pretty! I highly recommend the cannoli cake many guests told me it was the best wedding cake they had :) I really cannot recommend getting married at congress hall enough and make sure you request Jeri Anne she is beyond helpful and responsive!

Profile Picture Kristin, 10/1/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

Congress Hall was absolutely AMAZING and all of our guests can not stop gushing to us about how much they loved our wedding. First off, our coordinator Jenn O'Neill was fabulous! She (and Krystina Kennedy) always answered my numerous e-mails promptly and if they couldn't answer a question, they found someone who could. I can not thank them enough for making our wedding run absolutely without a hitch. Congress Hall is of course gorgeous, and we loved that we could have everything from our Rehearsal Dinner to Sunday Brunch all in the same place. The food was superb and if anyone went home hungry it was their own fault, because there was enough provided with even their base package to feed an army. We ended up having less people than their minimum, so Jenn and Krystina worked out some additions to our package to make up the difference, which made us feel like they weren't just in it for the money and they wanted us to have the best experience possible. Even though it was expensive, if I had to do it all over again I would still choose Congress Hall because they gave me the wedding day of my dreams!

Profile Picture User5094228, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Buffet, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens
3.4

Congress Hall is an unbelievably gorgeous venue. Definitely has the best views and prettiest venue in Cape May. From the cocktail hour on the veranda to dinner and dancing the the ballroom, it's all so perfect. The food is not the best, which is what you expect from a wedding, but at around $200 a plate after taxes and tips, I'd expect the food to be a little better... The cake that CH does, was amazing though! CH is flexible with moving tables and bars around to be where you want for the cocktail hour. We had 180 people, and if it rained it would have been very tight under the veranda for the cocktail hour. Luckily, it didn't and we used some of the amazing lawn and had plenty of room. My biggest problem day-of was that there were some random kids running around on the lawn, darting between guests. They cannot make the cocktail hour completely private, so that's definitely a downfall. They block it off slightly, but not fully, but our day of coordinator did not do a great job of keeping strangers away. At one point, ANOTHER BRIDE walked through our cocktail hour. That was totally uncalled for.
Our day of coordinator also didn't show up the day of until around 1230/1pm and we had been there since 8am. I am not sure if this is usual, so definitely make sure you are clear on this. We needed her (or anyone) for some parking problems my photographer had and no one was there to help.
Everything else as far as set-up and timing went very smoothly.

Profile Picture Hadley, 8/1/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Most amazing location for a wedding reception. After visiting CH years ago, we decided that when the time came to get married, we were having our reception there. Five years later, it was the only venue we looked at, and wouldn't trade that decision for any other venue! The location gives a feel of elegance, yet relaxing and fun. The staff is amazing and accommodating in every way possible. If you plan to have a wedding there, request Colleen. She is phenomenal!!!! We rented the white cottage which is affiliated with cape resorts, and had our entire wedding party stay in it for an extended weekend. Of our 200 guests, 90% made an extended weekend vacation of it. Cape May is the perfect beach town, and CH is a landmark. Our guests have not stopped talking about how amazing the wedding was-months later. It far exceeded our dreams!!!!

Profile Picture User4918110, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Long before my husband and I got engaged, we knew we wanted to get married at Congress Hall. For something that we built up for so long, the experience did not disappoint. From our first meeting, Congress Hall gave us the special attention we were hoping for on our most special day yet. Our coordinator, Colleen O’Sullivan, couldn’t have been more helpful, responsive, professional, patient and organized. She. Is. Amazing. Compliments are still rolling in about the food, the service and how seamless the event was–Colleen and our DJ (LovesickInc) completely guided the reception timeline. They made sure everything flowed and that we and the guests had the best time possible. When we got back to our room that evening there were some wonderful care packages of cake, sliders from our delicious late night slider bar, and a sampling of our wedding flowers. Colleen is a bride whisperer. She has a way of making things that would wake me up at night suddenly seem like no big deal once I brought them to her attention. She seamlessly coordinated with my 10+ vendors. Colleen didn’t flinch when we showed up with a truck full of décor the day before the wedding – and it was all displayed to PERFECTION. It was like a dream – the Lawn is an idyllic backdrop for a wedding. Founder’s Hall, the veranda and the charmingly beautiful ballroom are all a picture perfect combination of grandiosity, nature and whimsy-–Tiffany blue walls, yellow backdrops, saltwater air and the greenest grass you’ve ever seen! The best part? I never worried about ANY of the details on my wedding day because I knew that Colleen, Krystina and Jen had it all under control. I had the best time getting ready in Founder’s Hall with my bridesmaids and family while they pulled everything together. It truly was a stress-free wedding day and that’s a testament to Colleen and the Congress Hall staff. It was the best day ever and we are forever grateful to Colleen and the Congress Hall team for making our dream a reality.

Profile Picture User5156422, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was married at Congress Hall on October 10, 2014. This place is nothing short of amazing! My husband and I had no idea where we wanted our wedding reception to be, but we did know that we did not want your "typical venue". My husband found Congress Hall online and suggested that we check it out. We fell in love with Congress Hall immediately and brought my parents back later that day, because we knew that nothing was going to even come close. Once the wedding was booked, we worked with Meredith and Krystina. I can't even begin to thank them both enough for all that they did to make our day perfect. Krystina is so professional and such a sweet heart at the same time. She did everything in her power to make sure that my day was everything I wanted it to be. She went above and beyond what you can imagine to make sure that my husband and I were having the day we dreamed of before, during, and after the wedding. Thank you Krystina! Congress Hall is the perfect place for a wedding! My husband and I stayed the entire weekend and put the honeymoon off until next month. We can't get enough of this hotel and we will be back for anniversaries to come! I think that everyone should see this place before they choose their venue, pictures do not even do it justice. Thank you Congress Hall, we can't wait to come back!

Profile Picture Haley, 10/10/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

This place was just amazing. Meredith was wonderful to work with, and she set up the perfect room for an intimate reception. Food and service were top-notch, and the pictures we had taken here were just stunning. Thank you guys for everything. We would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Amy, 9/13/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at Congress Hall and everything went very smoothly. They are very professional and took great care of us. I'm so glad we chose to have our wedding there. They really go the extra mile and we were very happy with all the little details that made everything that much more special.

Profile Picture Webb, 6/29/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were recently married at Congress Hall. The first time I went to Congress Hall and saw a wedding there, I absolutely fell in love. The venue is just absolutely perfect. The colors, the history, the decor, it's all just stunning. So, when after looking at a zillion venues, I finally settled on Congress Hall, it was no surprise. It just felt right.

Our wedding was absolutely magnificent. We had a beautiful day thank goodness. Everything was set up exactly the way I envisioned it to look and everything went so smoothly. We were married outside on the lawn and had our cocktail hour on the veranda. Everything was beautiful, meticulous and every detail was worked out. The reception was also fantastic. The tables were all set to perfection and no detail was overlooked. My guests raved about the venue and the food. Everything was just perfect. After the wedding ended, we all headed down to the Boiler Room where the party continued.

A lot, I have to say had to do with the two wonderful women that I worked with at Congress Hall. First, our wedding coordinator Colleen O'Sullivan was AMAZING. She is warm, caring and very professional. She made me feel at ease and as though everything was SO well taken care of. She was so easy to talk and plan with and I am so happy she was my wedding coordinator.

The other person is Meredith Borrell who was also fantastic. Anytime Colleen was somewhere else, Meredith was right there with me as well. There was never a minute I felt abandoned or neglected. Literally, every detail was clearly explained to myself, my husband, and our wedding party. I have NEVER been to a wedding where this was the case and am happy to say it was my wedding where the venue finally got it right. I cannot say enough about these two wonderful women. They made my wedding day my absolute dream day.

Congress Hall is just the perfect venue for a romantic weekend. Your guests will LOVE it and absolutely rave about every part of your wedding weekend.

Profile Picture User4064884, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Congress is such a beautiful and unique venue. The grand ballroom where the reception takes place is so cool - tiffany blue walls and a black and white checkered floors.

My husband and I worked with Colleen O'Sullivan, and she was fantastic in every way. She and I communicated through email, and she was always thorough and prompt when responding to all emails. She was specific and communicative about necessary deadlines, without being pushy. For the rehearsal and wedding, she was enthusiastic, professional and kept everything running like well oiled machine. She was so warm and friendly, that I felt like I had hired a friend to take care of everything for me. If you are getting married at Congress Hall, definitely ask for her.

The food was delicious and they have a good selection of wine and alcohol. The kitchen was able to accommodate our vegetarian and vegan requests (they were also delicious!). The service was great!

Profile Picture User4109262, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Congress Hall was amazing. It was absolutely beautiful. Meredith and Colleen were amazing. Helpful, patient and understanding. The comments from my guests were "FLAWLESS." The venue is beautiful, the food was delicious and the staff was amazing. Wouldn't have changed one this about it!!

Profile Picture Katie, 2/1/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Expensive, however I did not have to worry about anything the day of my wedding. I was calm and Colleen the wedding coordinator was phenomenal. The food was delicious and our guests were very impressed. The whole planning process was a breeze;the wedding team was great. Great venue, unique location and awesome food. I am so happy my husband and I can go back whenever we'd like to remember our special day.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 11/23/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Congress Hall went above and beyond to give us the wedding of our dreams. They exceeded our expectations in every way! Krystina Kennedy was extremely helpful throughout the process and every last detail we requested from her was executed perfectly. I would highly recommend Congress Hall!

Profile Picture User3737679, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
4.3

This venue is both amazing and gorgeous. The whole place gives off such personality that we fell in love with it the second we set foot on the property!
The gardens are beautiful, the ball room is fantastic and the food is delicious!
We had some minor communication issues a few months before the wedding due to some staff changes, but everything worked out beautifully in the end. The wedding went without any issues, and we couldn't be happier.
Open bar, amazing cake, incredible food!

Profile Picture Rachael, 8/4/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Congress Hall is the perfect spot for a wedding. The staff is top notch and professional. One year later and people are still talking about the wedding!

Profile Picture Monika, 7/20/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at Congress Hall last summer and can't recommend it enough. Our outdoor shots on the veranda's rocking chairs were beautiful, the hall itself was gorgeous, and the downstairs bar was a great change of pace for our cocktail hour. We recommend to anyone looking to do a beach wedding the right way!

Profile Picture User4113733, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Congress Hall provided a perfect setting for our beach wedding! Danielle was the coordinator for our event and we didn't have to worry about a single thing. She was professional, organized and a pleasure to work with. The grounds of Congress Hall provided a beautiful natural backdrop for our pictures and the reception space is unique in its own with its tiffany blue walls and checkered floors. It was truly the best day of our lives and Congress Hall will always have a special place in our hearts!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/30/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at Congress Hall was PERFECT! The ceremony space is beautiful and the ballroom is so fun and colorful. The sales/ planning teams are very professional and pay special attention to detail to help you plan the perfect day!

Profile Picture Jenna, 6/21/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Congress Hall and all if the employees there made out wedding day amazing. From them accommodating my needs for a wedding in shorter notice than usual,since my original venue was ruined from Superstorm Sandy, to cleaning up all of our belongings from the reception and delivering them to our room. I would recommend Congress Hall as a wedding venue to every bride because of the beauty if the building and the professionalism of everyone we encountered there.

Profile Picture Sara, 5/24/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was so lovely and I am thankful to the staff at Congress Hall for their professionalism. It was stress free and I did not have to worry about a thing. Daniella was our wedding coordinator and she was the best!
I highly recommend using Congress Hall if you're getting married in the Cape May area. It's a unique space, and the food and service was wonderful!

Profile Picture User3139588, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our winter wedding at Congress Hall was absolutely beautiful. Daniella and Krista were AMAZING to work with! CH was so stunning and decorated so nicely for Christmas...our guests still talk about our wedding months later. The food was over the top delicious and our cocktail hour was to die for! We had an acoustic guitar player, John Valerio and a cigar attendant, Chris from Up in Smoke. Our hotel rooms were so clean and quaint. We had a WONDERFUL wedding at Congress Hall and look forward to visiting again! Thank you again!

My only complaint is Congress Hall doesn't allow a time gap in between the ceremony and cocktail hour which would of been great to do our pictures. That's the only reason why I rated flexibility 3 out of 5 stars. We were really disappointed we couldn't have a lapse of time to do pictures. But besides that, everything was perfect.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 12/22/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Congress Hall is such a beautiful venue and so convenient to have the ceremony on site, the reception in the ballroom and a lounge downstairs to continue the party! They were so professional and easy to work with. Daniella, the venue coordinator was amazing! You could tell she has done this so many times- she made everything go so smoothly and was always available leading up to the wedding to meet or to ask questions. She was VERY helpful. We loved our venue and can't wait to go back to visit!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/5/12, 6 Reviews