Congress Hall Reviews

42 | Cape May, NJ

42 Reviews for Congress Hall

42 Congress Hall Reviews

Nicole · Married on 11/17/2017

You can not go wrong with Congress Hall. They are the best of the best!!!! Jenn was fantastic (Give that woman a raise she had to deal with my crazy family). Well worth the money, I have been told so many times we had the best wedding ever, and that the service was amazing. They gave great vendor recommendations. Food was ON POINT!!!

Lindsay · Married on 04/22/2017

Our wedding at Congress Hall was absolutely flawless and I loved every detail. Hands down the best wedding venue in Southern NJ (and beyond in my opinion). The aesthetics paired with history of Congress Hall are wonderful, the food was delicious and our guests raved about how impressed they were with our wedding and how much fun they had. A special thanks to Jeri Anne, our wedding coordinator who is beyond amazing! I loved my correspondence leading up to the wedding with Jeri Anne who was so organized and enthusiastic. She helped to make things so easy and was so accommodating especially as I planned from out of town. On the weekend of the wedding, she impressed us even more with her eye for detail, proactivity and kindness. She truly is a gem who we felt lucky to work with! We can't wait to come back for our anniversary!

Kristin · Married on 10/01/2016

I cannot even begin to explain how amazing our wedding at Congress Hall was! The best part about it was how easy everything was. Our wedding coordinator Jeri Anne was the absolute best. She was so amazing about helping by reaching out to vendors, answering my questions, and setting everything up. There were actually times where I was wondering if i was missing something or if there was something I forgot because I felt like things seemed way too easy. Congress Hall was better then I could have ever imagined and they make it such a stress free experience. They literally provide you with a packet of everything you need to pick out, charts for seating and even give you lists of great vendors. We also had our rehearsal dinner at the rusty nail which is owned by congress hall so we did not have to pay a site fee as a result. Being from North Jersey and comparing the prices of the venues there to the price of congress hall (during peak season) was very reasonable and you really pay for what you get. The food was amazing and you get to pick from some really great options! The cocktail hour out on the veranda is so great and even though it rained on our wedding day we were still able to have it outside. All my guests rave about how beautiful the room was and we were able to fit all 190 of our guests in there comfortably. The tiffany blue walls looked so beautiful in all the pictures and even the pictures we got throughout congress hall and outside are amazing. They also provide the cake which was delicious and very pretty! I highly recommend the cannoli cake many guests told me it was the best wedding cake they had :) I really cannot recommend getting married at congress hall enough and make sure you request Jeri Anne she is beyond helpful and responsive!

Alyson · Married on 09/19/2015

Congress Hall was absolutely AMAZING and all of our guests can not stop gushing to us about how much they loved our wedding. First off, our coordinator Jenn O'Neill was fabulous! She (and Krystina Kennedy) always answered my numerous e-mails promptly and if they couldn't answer a question, they found someone who could. I can not thank them enough for making our wedding run absolutely without a hitch. Congress Hall is of course gorgeous, and we loved that we could have everything from our Rehearsal Dinner to Sunday Brunch all in the same place. The food was superb and if anyone went home hungry it was their own fault, because there was enough provided with even their base package to feed an army. We ended up having less people than their minimum, so Jenn and Krystina worked out some additions to our package to make up the difference, which made us feel like they weren't just in it for the money and they wanted us to have the best experience possible. Even though it was expensive, if I had to do it all over again I would still choose Congress Hall because they gave me the wedding day of my dreams!

Most amazing location for a wedding reception. After visiting CH years ago, we decided that when the time came to get married, we were having our reception there. Five years later, it was the only venue we looked at, and wouldn't trade that decision for any other venue! The location gives a feel of elegance, yet relaxing and fun. The staff is amazing and accommodating in every way possible. If you plan to have a wedding there, request Colleen. She is phenomenal!!!! We rented the white cottage which is affiliated with cape resorts, and had our entire wedding party stay in it for an extended weekend. Of our 200 guests, 90% made an extended weekend vacation of it. Cape May is the perfect beach town, and CH is a landmark. Our guests have not stopped talking about how amazing the wedding was-months later. It far exceeded our dreams!!!!

Long before my husband and I got engaged, we knew we wanted to get married at Congress Hall. For something that we built up for so long, the experience did not disappoint. From our first meeting, Congress Hall gave us the special attention we were hoping for on our most special day yet. Our coordinator, Colleen O’Sullivan, couldn’t have been more helpful, responsive, professional, patient and organized. She. Is. Amazing. Compliments are still rolling in about the food, the service and how seamless the event was–Colleen and our DJ (LovesickInc) completely guided the reception timeline. They made sure everything flowed and that we and the guests had the best time possible. When we got back to our room that evening there were some wonderful care packages of cake, sliders from our delicious late night slider bar, and a sampling of our wedding flowers. Colleen is a bride whisperer. She has a way of making things that would wake me up at night suddenly seem like no big deal once I brought them to her attention. She seamlessly coordinated with my 10+ vendors. Colleen didn’t flinch when we showed up with a truck full of décor the day before the wedding – and it was all displayed to PERFECTION. It was like a dream – the Lawn is an idyllic backdrop for a wedding. Founder’s Hall, the veranda and the charmingly beautiful ballroom are all a picture perfect combination of grandiosity, nature and whimsy-–Tiffany blue walls, yellow backdrops, saltwater air and the greenest grass you’ve ever seen! The best part? I never worried about ANY of the details on my wedding day because I knew that Colleen, Krystina and Jen had it all under control. I had the best time getting ready in Founder’s Hall with my bridesmaids and family while they pulled everything together. It truly was a stress-free wedding day and that’s a testament to Colleen and the Congress Hall staff. It was the best day ever and we are forever grateful to Colleen and the Congress Hall team for making our dream a reality.

Haley · Married on 10/10/2014

I was married at Congress Hall on October 10, 2014. This place is nothing short of amazing! My husband and I had no idea where we wanted our wedding reception to be, but we did know that we did not want your "typical venue". My husband found Congress Hall online and suggested that we check it out. We fell in love with Congress Hall immediately and brought my parents back later that day, because we knew that nothing was going to even come close. Once the wedding was booked, we worked with Meredith and Krystina. I can't even begin to thank them both enough for all that they did to make our day perfect. Krystina is so professional and such a sweet heart at the same time. She did everything in her power to make sure that my day was everything I wanted it to be. She went above and beyond what you can imagine to make sure that my husband and I were having the day we dreamed of before, during, and after the wedding. Thank you Krystina! Congress Hall is the perfect place for a wedding! My husband and I stayed the entire weekend and put the honeymoon off until next month. We can't get enough of this hotel and we will be back for anniversaries to come! I think that everyone should see this place before they choose their venue, pictures do not even do it justice. Thank you Congress Hall, we can't wait to come back!

Amy · Married on 09/13/2014

This place was just amazing. Meredith was wonderful to work with, and she set up the perfect room for an intimate reception. Food and service were top-notch, and the pictures we had taken here were just stunning. Thank you guys for everything. We would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

• W

Webb · Married on 06/29/2014

We had our wedding at Congress Hall and everything went very smoothly. They are very professional and took great care of us. I'm so glad we chose to have our wedding there. They really go the extra mile and we were very happy with all the little details that made everything that much more special.

Katie · Married on 02/01/2014

Congress Hall was amazing. It was absolutely beautiful. Meredith and Colleen were amazing. Helpful, patient and understanding. The comments from my guests were "FLAWLESS." The venue is beautiful, the food was delicious and the staff was amazing. Wouldn't have changed one this about it!!

Congress Hall went above and beyond to give us the wedding of our dreams. They exceeded our expectations in every way! Krystina Kennedy was extremely helpful throughout the process and every last detail we requested from her was executed perfectly. I would highly recommend Congress Hall!

Monika · Married on 07/20/2013

Congress Hall is the perfect spot for a wedding. The staff is top notch and professional. One year later and people are still talking about the wedding!

We had our wedding at Congress Hall last summer and can't recommend it enough. Our outdoor shots on the veranda's rocking chairs were beautiful, the hall itself was gorgeous, and the downstairs bar was a great change of pace for our cocktail hour. We recommend to anyone looking to do a beach wedding the right way!

Sarah · Married on 06/30/2013

Congress Hall provided a perfect setting for our beach wedding! Danielle was the coordinator for our event and we didn't have to worry about a single thing. She was professional, organized and a pleasure to work with. The grounds of Congress Hall provided a beautiful natural backdrop for our pictures and the reception space is unique in its own with its tiffany blue walls and checkered floors. It was truly the best day of our lives and Congress Hall will always have a special place in our hearts!

Jenna · Married on 06/21/2013

Our wedding at Congress Hall was PERFECT! The ceremony space is beautiful and the ballroom is so fun and colorful. The sales/ planning teams are very professional and pay special attention to detail to help you plan the perfect day!

Sara · Married on 05/24/2013

Congress Hall and all if the employees there made out wedding day amazing. From them accommodating my needs for a wedding in shorter notice than usual,since my original venue was ruined from Superstorm Sandy, to cleaning up all of our belongings from the reception and delivering them to our room. I would recommend Congress Hall as a wedding venue to every bride because of the beauty if the building and the professionalism of everyone we encountered there.

Our wedding was so lovely and I am thankful to the staff at Congress Hall for their professionalism. It was stress free and I did not have to worry about a thing. Daniella was our wedding coordinator and she was the best!
    I highly recommend using Congress Hall if you're getting married in the Cape May area. It's a unique space, and the food and service was wonderful!

Congress Hall is such a beautiful venue and so convenient to have the ceremony on site, the reception in the ballroom and a lounge downstairs to continue the party! They were so professional and easy to work with. Daniella, the venue coordinator was amazing! You could tell she has done this so many times- she made everything go so smoothly and was always available leading up to the wedding to meet or to ask questions. She was VERY helpful. We loved our venue and can't wait to go back to visit!

Michael · Married on 07/02/2011

From the rehearsal dinner to the brunch the next day, Congress Hall was fantastic. My wife recommends getting the bridal room the day off. Daniella was an amazing help. The food is 5 star by wedding standards. For hor'dorvs I recommend the French onion bowls

• Z

Zeynep · Married on 05/07/2011

Congress Hall was absolutely the perfect place to get married. This goes without saying, but the location is gorgeous. The building is very well maintained and just beautiful. Every single time I step into the ballroom I'm still struck by how lovely it is. The rooms are also very cute and very well decorated. (I highly recommend some of their sister properties and cottages for guests to stay at as well -- lovely Victorian style homes with beautiful interiors. We rented two of their cottages for our families and friends to stay.) Krista is super friendly, and Daniella had everything totally under control the day of the wedding. I really had nothing to worry about with her taking care of the details. I was impressed by how much time she spent with us both on Friday for the rehearsal and all day Saturday. Sunday morning we realized that all of our stuff was still kind of scattered around the hotel, but one phone call to the front desk and the staff rounded everything up and brought it all up to our room. We really lucked out with the weather, and the weekend could not have gone any better. Congress Hall set up the ceremony chairs on the beach, which was very pretty. The food was great and the drinks kept flowing!

During the planning process, both Krista and Daniella were very responsive to our barrage of emails. Daniella would be out of the office over the weekends because of events, which meant that it sometimes took a couple of days until she replied, but she had an out-of-office auto reply, so I always knew what was going on. They both worked with us when we changed the details of the day multiple times, and were very flexible with our requests for cocktail hour stations and dinner. I can't say enough good things about Congress Hall. I wish I could get married there over and over again! The only downside is that Congress Hall has to work within Cape May's stringent sound ordinance, which meant that party had to be over by 10PM. I only wish the night could have kept going!

Laura · Married on 09/28/2008

I can't say enough great things about Congress Hall and their staff. From start to finish, they were responsive to all our specific requests. Their coordinator, Lindsey, was amazing and made sure there were absolutely no hiccups on the day of. Our guests are still raving about how fantastic our wedding was and I think, in large part, this is because of Congress Hall.

Jennifer · Married on 09/23/2007

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Congress Hall!! I would go back every single year if I could on our anniversary to try to capture the magic of that day. Congress Hall is completely professional, and very accommodating. We would looking for a venue that was not only classy, but also unique - not your plain boring reception hall. They have a very classic, yet almost vintage feel. The wait staff was very classy and the food was delicious. Everyone loved the meal and the service. And the wedding coordinator they provide you when you book the venue - priceless. She was AMAZING and really tried to accommodate all of our requests. We had a very personal touches and she made sure they all came to fruition and were perfect. All of our guests, even still, comment on how our wedding "Rocked".

Laura

Such a beautiful place inside and out. The staff was amazing and so helpful. It was raining in the morning so we decided to move cocktail underneath the overhang where the rocking chairs even though it had stopped raining (did not want everyone having to walk on wet grass) and I have to say I actually like it better because we were not in direct sun (we got married in June). Amazing place - you can't go wrong with Congress Hall!

Congress is such a beautiful and unique venue. The grand ballroom where the reception takes place is so cool - tiffany blue walls and a black and white checkered floors.

My husband and I worked with Colleen O'Sullivan, and she was fantastic in every way. She and I communicated through email, and she was always thorough and prompt when responding to all emails. She was specific and communicative about necessary deadlines, without being pushy. For the rehearsal and wedding, she was enthusiastic, professional and kept everything running like well oiled machine. She was so warm and friendly, that I felt like I had hired a friend to take care of everything for me. If you are getting married at Congress Hall, definitely ask for her.

The food was delicious and they have a good selection of wine and alcohol. The kitchen was able to accommodate our vegetarian and vegan requests (they were also delicious!). The service was great!

Jennifer · Married on 11/23/2013

Expensive, however I did not have to worry about anything the day of my wedding. I was calm and Colleen the wedding coordinator was phenomenal. The food was delicious and our guests were very impressed. The whole planning process was a breeze;the wedding team was great. Great venue, unique location and awesome food. I am so happy my husband and I can go back whenever we'd like to remember our special day.