Complete Weddings + Events Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

1 User photo

Complete Weddings + Events 1

Mary · Married on 07/12/2014

I used Complete Music for our DJ Service and Photo booth rental. They were flexible with our minor change in times and were able to get their equipment set up within the hour when my vendor only left a two hour window in between my party and the one before it. The DJ kept track of the introductions, and each event of the night without us having to worry about keeping events on track. It was a weight lifted on one of the most stressful and happy days I have ever had. The photo booth attendant gave out an extra strip of each photo set to the guests and even gave us a USB of all of the photos when it was over. Everything they did was wonderful, which offset some of the stresses the joyous day brings.

Sent on 08/11/2014

Complete provided the photo booth for our wedding. They responded quickly, went out of their way to help us and the attendant, Josh, was phenomenal. The only thing I wish was that the photobooth itself was a little better. If you moved at all the pictures came out blurry. Still, our guests loved this service and it one was one of the best parts of our wedding. All night long you heard loud laughter coming from inside the booth!

Sent on 09/24/2014

Patrick and Diana · Married on 09/06/2014

We loved all of the services we had for our wedding day on September 6, 2014. Working with Complete was a great journey from beginning to end. Great staff Great service and most of all they were like family the day of our wedding. Everyone complemented about all of our services and they all had an amazing time. If your looking for high quality and a very professional staff and great value Complete is the way to go... I would do this all over again with Complete and plan on using them in the future for other events...Thanks Complete for a very magical day and being part of our wedding journey to our happily ever after...

Sent on 09/27/2014

Lindsey · Married on 09/09/2017

2.0

We hired a photobooth and DJ for our wedding. Anytime I emailed Complete, I heard back promptly, however not even hearing from my DJ until the week before was stressful. I had requested Val and I received DJ King. He seemed great on the phone however his performance was sub par. His song choices were excellent however beginning with introductions at the reception things went downhill. I was approached by my wedding coordinator who was extremely frustrated that the DJ had an hour to set up during cocktail hour but was still not ready. This delayed our timeline. He didn't even introduce us until we were already on the floor standing there awkwardly. He did not announce when food was being served or anything during cocktail hour. My cake cutting was not announced nor was the song I selected played. My wedding was perfect, the only complaints I got were about my DJ :(

Sent on 09/14/2017

Complete Weddings + Events's reply:

Hi Lindsey, thank you for your feedback. It seems that you mentioned that your wedding planner was frustrated with our DJ. Jay was very accommodating to you wedding planner with all of the last minute changes. Your wedding planner confided to Jay that this was her first solo wedding. Jay has been DJing with us for over ten years with excellent reviews. I'm sorry that you had this experience, we did everything your wedding planner asked including all of the the last minute changes including all of the song changes minutes before the introductions. We are always happy to make changes, when it comes to songs we do have to look them up and prep them for seamless transitions during the introduction process being it is so quick. I'm sorry that you had this experience with us. If you would like to discuss this more please feel free to contact me directly. - Joe Goode, Team Leader, COMPLETE weddings + events

2.5

At firsy I thought it was a dream come true that I found Complete Albany. But I found out quickly that it wasn't . A a bride you want to be communicated with along the way. This wasn't the case at all. I had to email and text the leader over and over again and ask who my photographer and DJ were. I did even talk to my DJ until a couple days before thw wedding. I loved both my photographer and DJ but the leadership was lacking. It took a month and a half to get our online photos and we are still waiting for our USB drive with them.

If I had to do it again I would have gone with someone else.

Sent on 10/27/2016

Hi MaKenzie,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are not happy with our service and I sincerely apologize for it. You had originally given us a perfect 5 on weddingwire after your wedding. You mentioned it took 45 days to received your photos was which was a head of the 60 day schedule we aim for, that is faster than the average 6 months for edited photography offered locally. I would be happy to talk with you if you have any questions. I would also like to address the concern with the "Leader" or team leader which is my title, I want to be clear it is me that you are referring to. I sincerely apologize if I was not responsive to you in a timely manor. It is my goal to treat all of my clients with respect and respond quickly. I understand that you are planning the biggest event of your life for the biggest day of your life is challenging and hard work. I always want to be accessible for my clients to help and offer advice and suggestions with my 20 plus years of experience in this industry. I again would be happy to discuss this with you more. Your photos did turn out beautiful and I hope you have fond memories of your weddings day and photography to help remind you of the everything you did to make that day special for you both. I wish you both all the best! - Joe Goode, Team Leader, Complete weddings + events.

Catherine · Married on 07/05/2014

0.5
      2.0

Our video turned out AWFUL, I am so disappointed with it that I can't watch it without my blood pressure rising. What a waste, I guess you get what you pay for. The lady in the office is nice though. They sent some kid that had never filmed a wedding before and you could tell. The lighting and sound is off and they put way too many filler shots in my video and not enough "meat"...they filmed the flowers outside our venue and our cake a bunch of times but barely any dancing and when there was dancing it was a closeup of one or two people! I don't even think they added video of my dad walking me up the aisle. I'd never hire them again and make sure to tell anyone that asks what a poor job they did. Oh and I paid extra to have all the raw footage put on a portable memory device in case I want to edit the awful footage and piece together something better but when I didn't receive it for over a month after the wedding they admitted that they lost it. They did end up replacing it and sent me a $5 dunkin donuts gift card as an apology, ugh. I honestly haven't even checked to make sure the footage is on the memory device because I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they sent it to me blank and I just couldn't take any more stress from them. I had hoped to be able to relive our wedding day and show our kids but it makes me so mad every time I watch it that I can't bear to turn it on.

Sent on 04/22/2015

Theresa · Married on 06/10/2017

0.5
      1.0
      2.5

Very saddend by my experience with this company that seemed so promising. It was too good to be true. While it seemed like a great deal, with video, uplighting and photobooth all included and the staff was VERY friendly, the planning process with this company was BEYOND poor. We booked this company a year out from our wedding but they did not confirm any details or reach out (with a human being, not just their portal) until A WEEK AND A HALF before my wedding!!! Needless to say, the lack in preparations for my wedding by this company showed on the wedding day when the videographer showed up an hour late to my home and got no footage of my girls and I getting ready like they were supposed to..., then held up my ceremony for 25 minutes because they weren't there yet ...and we STILL had to start without them and walk down the aisle without the videographer there to get the shot...(thank GOD I had an awesome photographer who took care of that for me because otherwise I would have been heartbroken) They stayed the whole time for the reception which is nice, and I can commend them for their kindness, but the damage was already done ....I'd rather have footage of my girls and I looking beautiful, getting ready in the robes I made them, or the nice detail shots of the accessories I had laid out so nicely or I don't know...having my videographer showing up BEFORE the ceremony began so he could actually mic the groom like he was supposed to and we could get our VOWS recorded ??? No offense, but I only need so many clips of a gross, sweaty looking me dancing around like a freak. lol Now if it wasn't for the videography being an absolute terrible mess, I would let the next thing slide.....but I am not going to lie and say I wasn't sad when I noticed that after emailing back and forth playing email-tag with the company for MONTHS in regards to putting my monogram on the photo strip, and confirming that they were going to use it, only to never see it. Very disappointed :( Sent on 06/30/2017

Complete Weddings + Events's reply:

Hi Theresa, Thank you for your thoughts and feedback. After reviewing your feedback here I reached out and was able to set-up a meeting for us to discuss your experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to meet with me and share your thoughts and feelings. I'm happy that we were able to resolve your concerns. I admit our videographer made a mistake, it was not intentional and he did everything he could to make up for it. I realize it was a simple miscommunication and I have taken the steps to make sure this does not happen again. We appreciate you taking the time to communicate with us about how we can improve.

hilmarie · Married on 06/21/2014

1.5
      2.0

I got married in June of 2014 I was told about this company by a co worker who did not have a good experience with there photo both and did with the dj. So I called and talked to them about prices and told them about the review I was given. This is not a small cost so I took some time to think about it and they were very understanding, kept in touch with me and weren't pushy. So I decided to go with them. So I went on the website to view the music choice they had and view up lighting which I also had them doing for my wedding. Fast forward a month till my wedding..I tried calling then numerous of times no answers, leaving voice mails with no response. Got to the point of calling everyday for a week and half to finally get a call back. I was told in the beginning a month before the wedding I will talk to my dj doing my event. Joe the manager told me he will have Joel call me( the dj doing my wedding) 4 days passing having to call complete back and a women employee giving me Joel's number. Finally getting in contact with him we set up a date that worked to meet. We have this meeting which we explained to him what we wanted certain songs(giving him a list) we wanted played...explaining to him how music is very important to us!! He said he understood was very excited to do our wedding he knows exactly what we want! Day of the wedding first song was barley hear able..did not play any song we asked for. Joel asked guest for request which he played none. The groom went to talk to him asking for the song we gave him he told him "I don't have them". Worst dj I have every experienced!! The one upside to this horrible experience was the up lights they came out so beautiful and made the room look great!!

Sent on 11/01/2014