Complete Weddings + Events Reviews

18 Reviews for Complete Weddings + Events

• chloe

chloe · Married on 01/11/2020

Awesome DJ

We had Anthony and he work so we’ll with our odd requests for songs! My party raves about him his he kept everyone dancing. Very professional and patient!!

Sent on 01/20/2020
  • Julia

Julia Henning · Married on 09/14/2019

Fun for everyone!

This company offers so much! We used them as our DJ...actually, this is the second time! For this wedding, our DJ, Jeff, had just the right vibe. He was upbeat and fun, but didn't insert himself too much into the party. He played nearly every song we requested in advance and handled requests on the fly. He was punctual and professional and everyone had a great time. This company is a winner!

Sent on 09/17/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 06/30/2018

A simple thank you is not enough for everything that Complete has done for us over the past year while planning our wedding. We booked our engagement photos with Complete, as well as wedding photography and DJ services for our wedding reception. Through out the whole planning process Complete was very attentive, ALWAYS responsive to emails/phones calls and were always willing to meet face to face if it was needed. Josh was our DJ and he did an EXCELLENT job. He helped us plan our reception from start to finish, treated our guests so kindly, was easy going and so personable-made us as the bride and groom feel so comfortable and at ease. Josh even grabbed my dinner plate while I was at the buffet, asked what I wanted and told me to sit down, then brought my food to me to make sure I didn't accidentally drop food on my wedding dress. WHO WOULD HAVE EVEN THOUGHT OF THAT?! A small gesture but it was not forgotten. At the reception Josh made sure we were always taken care of, let us know what was going on, told us when and where to be. Having Josh completely take over the reception and run things was amazing. As bride and groom we were able to completely enjoy the night without a worry in the world and it was a BLAST! We got married on June 30th, one of the hottest days of the year, we booked two photographers for 9 hours from Complete...and they worked their tails off for us, never missing a beat! Jay and Torian (spelling?) worked so well together, had a game plan on how they were going to tackle the hot part of the day, followed up with me a few times the week before the wedding to check in and see if I needed anything. Best of all, they had GREAT ATTITUDES through out the long, hot day-never dropped a smile and never slowed down; their work ethic on that day was incredible. I could write so much more but this site cuts you off! You will NOT be disappointed if you book with Complete, I will always recommend them to any couple!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Holly · Married on 03/24/2018

My fiancé and I just completed our engagement photo session at Whitnall Park with photographers Jillian and Mark. They were amazingly kind, easy-going, creative, and professional. They made us feel so comfortable and we had tons of fun with them! They also showed us a few peek at the pictures and they were beautiful...this is coming from someone who usually freaks out at every picture taken of me! Thanks Jillian and Mark! -Holly and Jamison

Sent on 10/08/2017

Julie · Married on 02/10/2018

I cannot say enough great things about Complete! From the very beginning, they were outgoing, straight-forward, and only wanted the best for our wedding. After we booked a package with them, we had our engagement photos done and they turned out absolutely beautiful. Josh connected us with a wonderful DJ, photographer, and videographer for the wedding and all of them did an outstanding job. They travelled to our house and venue, came early to set up & even stayed a little late to get the job done! If anyone is looking for a complete package with the pros, Complete Weddings + Events of Milwaukee is the way to go! 11/10 stars for sure!!

Sent on 03/01/2018
  • Makenzie

Makenzie · Married on 06/10/2017

My husband and I got married in Las Vegas in December. We had our wedding reception at the Roma Lodge this past weekend (please check them out if you are still looking for a venue. They are amazing!). When we were looking for a DJ, we wanted someone family friendly and energetic. Josh Kingsly from Complete Weddings + Events was AMAZING! From our cocktail hour, to our first dance, to the last song of the night he was great. We have a 3 year old song and he played the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle song for him. Our son was soooooo happy. He will keep your guests on the dance floor and having fun. There was a good mix of older and newer songs with some line dances thrown in. It was great (even though my husband snuck in some Weird Al! haha)! Thanks Josh! You were the bomb!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Tina · Married on 01/14/2017

Very nice to work with, personable, and they really listened to wjat we wanted. He was also very knowledgeable and was able to make suggestions for the things we weren't sure of. He had a lot of energy and was interactive with guests and kept everything going in a timely manner and kept people on the dance floor.

Sent on 02/15/2017

Jodi · Married on 12/03/2016

Josh was the best DJ we could have asked for. He was very attentive and made sure to meet the needs of the bride and groom.
    He played almost every song we asked for and was constantly asking us if we needed anything. I love how complete asks you enough questions to better understand what type of DJ you want and Josh exceeded my expectations.

Sent on 02/28/2017

Thanks!!

Allie · Married on 11/11/2016

Josh was fantastic! He kept everyone on he dance floor all night and was very thorough with his plan for the evening. He approached us throughout the night to see how we were doing or to let us know how things were going to progress (i.e. Speeches, grand entrance, etc). He even went and asked the caterers why it was taking so long for our pie to be set out after dinner.

Josh also took care of our uplighting and it was beautiful! He was able to accommodate us having our cocktail hour and dinner/dancing in separate areas by setting up a smaller DJ area for the cocktail hour and then setting up the main DJ booth in our dinner hall.

Josh and Complete Weddings + Events did an awesome job and they were so reasonably priced. I would definitely recommend them for any wedding or event!

Sent on 02/26/2017

Brittany · Married on 11/05/2016

This vendor was very flexible and accommodating! My husband and I were getting married from out of town so could not meet with the vendor until the week of. They were so calm and organized. It made the day flow so well. I didn't feel panicked or rushed about anything and Complete Weddings and Events really helped with that! I would definitely recommend them.

Sent on 02/21/2017

Stephanie · Married on 10/15/2016

I worked with Josh Kingsley on doing our ceremony music, dinner and reception music, up lighting, and photo booth. I honestly can not say enough about how absolutely amazing he was to work with, from beginning to end. He was always very helpful, friendly, and responsive throughout the whole process, and through the wedding week finalizing details, he had alot of suggestions and was very flexible with anything we asked for or last minute changes. I was able to trust his discretion for alot of things come the day of when i wasn't able to actually come down to see it, i knew he would have it taken care of. Then...come wedding day, he amazed us even more. He understood exactly the style of music and atmosphere we wanted and made it happen. We got tons of compliments from guests and by the end of the night he ended up feeling like an old time friend more than a vendor. Would recommend him over and over again to anyone looking for entertainment! Our photobooth was great too and we got tons of compliments on that as well.

Sent on 11/04/2016

Complete Weddings + Events's reply:

Thank you very much for the kind review. I had a great time with you, your wedding party, family and friends. Congrats again!!

Ben · Married on 06/07/2014

My wife and I booked Josh as the DJ and MC for our wedding reception. He was great about mapping out the entire evening for us in terms of music and announcements, which made the planning process easier as a whole. Josh expertly incorporated all of our personalized requests and was flexible to new changes made on the fly during the reception. His contributions definitely enhanced the occasion.

Sent on 02/22/2017

Thanks!!

Bethenie · Married on 08/19/2017

Complete Weddings + Events Milwaukee did a phenomenal job! We used them for photo, video, and DJ. From the start they were open to our ideas and accommodating to create a package that worked for what we wanted. The day of we received so many compliments about the DJ, he was upbeat and kept the day moving especially with the transition from ceremony to reception. Photos turned out amazing and the photographer even went above and beyond when we were running behind and carried my plate for me at dinner so I wouldn't accidentally spill! Wonderful experience overall.

Sent on 12/18/2017

Brittney · Married on 06/16/2017

We booked through Complete Weddings after meeting them at an open house in Kenosha and I am so glad that we did. Using their website planning page allowed us to give a lot of input and have an event that felt so customized to us. Everyone we communicated with was so friendly and helpful. On the day of our wedding, both our videographer and DJ were both very professional. DJ was very attentive to us, even bringing us drinks during dinner! Overall very good experience with Complete Weddings Milwaukee!

Sent on 07/09/2017

Katie · Married on 09/30/2017

4.2
      3.0
      3.5

COMPLETE switched our DJ about 2 months before the wedding (we were supposed to have Josh who had phenomenal reviews). That was very disappointing. Our DJ ended up being Joe, who was a very kind guy. He seemed to play all the songs we asked him to. However, during the ceremony, the sound for our officiant kept going in and out the whole ceremony. The most disappointing part was that it cut out at the very end when our officiant announced us as Mr. and Mrs. Schwalbach for the first time. Also, we had discussed with Joe prior to the wedding that our officiant would be holding a wireless mike and would pass it to our friend who was singing during the ceremony. When our friend got up to go get the mike from the officiant, it was actually Joe who had the mike for her but he was back behind the guests. She went over to him to get the mike but then had to stand back by him (behind the guests) to sing. We would've liked our friend to be in the front so guests could see her as she sang.

At the reception things seemed to go very smoothly - Joe even made my (the bride) plate as I walked through the buffet line (very nice of him!). There were a few announcements that we had asked for which I didn't hear (I think he was just quiet/not attention grabbing). No one knew there was pizza out late night, but this could have been the venues fault for not telling the DJ to announce this. Overall, the music was good at the reception but I didn't think Joe had a loud enough personality for what we were looking for. If we had been able to meet the DJ beforehand we may have known this and been able to go with a different DJ. But the DJ we wanted backed out and Joe didn't have many, if any, reviews online so we weren't sure what kind of DJ we were getting. I think Joe is a great guy, and overall did a good job. I just think we would've gone with a different DJ for us.

Sent on 10/06/2017

Jenny · Married on 09/23/2016

4.2

DJ, lights, photo booth. Great music selection! DJ on the dance floor showing us "the moves". Music was at a volume that didn't upset any guests but still allowed for fun on the dance floor. Photo booth was very popular! Both the DJ and the Photo Booth attendant were friendly and fun.

Sent on 08/30/2018
  • Kimberly

Kimberly Vandenberg · Married on 01/19/2019

1.6

Horrible!

DJ was ok, but expected more. The photo booth attendant was on the boarder of what would be considered sexual harassment, based on the comments he made to guests at my wedding, including children. He stated to a mom and her two year old, "Children are just attracted to me. It must be something I have or can do." He was on his phone the whole night, recording himself dancing, and grabbing himself around several of the guests (women). He was useless when it came to helping guests work the photo booth. As the bride, I at one point had to tell him to back off as he wouldn't leave me alone and put his hands on me trying to get me to take pictures in the photo booth. Had it not been the end of the night and we were getting ready to pack up I would have kicked him out. Not to mention he showed up in a long sleeve shirt and skinny jeans. The photo album I got from the night had maybe 5 pages of photos and two messages from guests as they didn't know where the pictures were or that they could write a message. I attempted to contact the companies managers but they keep blowing me off. I would not recommend this company to anyone, especially weddings with children.

Sent on 01/23/2019

Rachel Orth · Married on 10/06/2018

Worst Service Of my Life

I’d like to preface this review with the fact that I’ve never felt the need to leave a negative review for a
    company (have actually left multiple positive reviews in the past). But, without a doubt this was the
    worst consumer-business interaction we’ve ever had
    Our wedding date was 10/6/18, we were told the turnaround on our video would be 8-12 weeks. At
    around 14 weeks we contacted Misty at complete weddings due to the fact that we had not received
    any communications or updates as to the status of our video. At this point we were told there would be
    a delay in our video due to a power outage and possible loss of footage at their production
    headquarters. We were told we would be given more information in a week. We did not receive any
    additional information, even though we attempted to contact Misty on multiple occasions over the next
    4 months.
    Finally, in May of 2019 Misty finally contacted us back, at this time she notified us that she thought our
    video was done and would send it to us right away. She was able to send us a link to our video the same
    day, however the video was uploaded in March of 2019, 2 months earlier. The video had been
    completed but no attempt was made to contact us regarding this. Upon review of our video we noticed
    the songs we paid additional money to have included in our video were not incorporated, and the aerial
    footage (the reason we booked this company) was also not present.
    We emailed/called immediately about the concerns over the lack of products that had already been paid
    for but again did not receive responses in a timely manner. Typically, each correspondence on our end
    was replied to ~2 weeks later by Misty, this only happened after multiple emails and phone calls
    between those times. Misty was unable to clearly communicate what was going on with their team and
    why now almost 8 months after our wedding we didn’t have a correctly completed video. At times she
    became very defensive and combative. One of her statements that was quite frustrating “Based on the
    package that you booked, the drone footage is actually a free added perk and did not cost any extra
    money”. We picked this company (and paid extra to have an additional videographer present, we had 2
    at our wedding) for the aerial footage.
    Misty also stated “Unfortunately, we do not have drone footage from your wedding. In speaking with
    both video shooters they confirmed that they had the drone with them and were prepared to fly it on
    your wedding day, but for some reason that did not happen. With the amount of time that has passed,
    neither one of them can speak to what exactly happened that prevented the drone from flying. What
    they conveyed to us was that they remember the day being more hectic than usual with questionable
    weather and lots of foliage that would have impeded drone operation and footage.” This was also quite
    frustrating considering our venue was on a lake (no foliage), the weather was very pleasant (no rain or
    wind whatsoever) and our wedding was quite relaxed (at times we were sitting around because we were
    ahead of schedule). After multiple further inquiries to Misty asking her to explain her statement, she
    never responded or acknowledged that we asked for a further clarification.
    After we finally received an acknowledgement that our video needed to be reformatted to include the
    song we paid for, Misty told us it would be submitted for rush re-editing and would be done in a week or
    2, this was back in late May of 2019. We consistently emailed/called Misty for updates, but rarely

received a response, the communication from Misty was horrific throughout this entire process. We
    had to call multiple other people in her company (some who admitted Misty is not good at/willing to
    respond to client requests), and at one point we had to call the corporate office of Complete Weddings
    due to the lack of responses from Misty. At this time, we were left with no other option to file a
    complaint with consumer protections out of concern that we would not actually receive a completed
    video of our wedding. Misty also did not respond to consumer protection in a timely manner, and had
    to be reminded multiple times. This what part of the response Misty provided to consumer protections,
    notably different than what she told us throughout the process, and essentially a lie to cover up the fact
    that drone video was not taken (Heidel house does allow aerial footage, a quick google search will
    produce multiple videos at this venue with aerial footage).
    Mr. Orth also complained that there was no aerial footage or drone footage in their video. I informed
    Mr. Orth that drone footage was not possible on the day of their wedding, either due to weather and/or
    the venue’s policies. I apologized for our lack of communication with the couple, as this should have been
    conveyed on the day of their wedding. The drone camera can be seen in the raw footage and was
    physically present, however we cannot control the weather and/or the policies of the venue. I know their
    venue (Heidel House) did not allow drones, however they have since closed, so the venue cannot
    reconfirm this detail with Mr. Orth any longer.
    We did not receive our completed video until the end of July 2019. We would have completely
    understood if the circumstances of our situation were due to a power outage or loss of our footage, but
    the way Misty, and Complete Weddings, handled the situation was beyond deplorable. I would highly
    advise anyone considering to have a video production of their wedding to stay away from this company.

Sent on 08/08/2019

Complete Weddings + Events's reply:

We truly are sorry for the set of unique circumstances that resulted in your wedding video being delayed and the complications that arose on your wedding day. It is not our standard practice nor our intention. We have corresponded at length on multiple occasions and provided compensation in addition to three different versions of your final product. We always want our clients to look back on their wedding days with fondness and we hope that your beautiful wedding video helps you do that.