Compass Point Events Reviews

13 | New Orleans, LA

13 Reviews for Compass Point Events

Chalrette Ford · Married on 11/10/2018

Dream Wedding

My daughter had her dream wedding at Compass Point November 2018. The venue, food, floors and staff were truly amazing! Thanks to Erin, Amy and Mindy for a beautiful stress free wedding. They truly made this her happiest night of her life.

Melissa · Married on 10/19/2018

The most beautiful venue

A week later and my guests still haven't stopped talking about how beautiful the venue was, how it was very organized, how perfectly gorgeous my flowers were, how delicious the food was (especially catfish and meat pies). I recommend brides stay in a cottage the night before, it makes getting ready and making sure you have everything go very smoothly.

Taryn · Married on 04/07/2018

We absolutely loved our experience with Compass Point! From day one, Erin and her team went above and beyond to accommodate all of our requests/wedding details. They were so fun and flexible to work with -- it made the planning process easy and enjoyable!! Despite a rainy wedding day, Erin made sure every single detail was still in place! The venue and property are historic and beautiful. We wanted a romantic vintage feel for our day and Compass Point captured that beautifully. Our photos are stunning and ethereal. Erin also handled our flowers! She did an amazing job with each arrangement and worked with me one on one to make sure to capture the romantic vintage look I was going for! We are so appreciative for everything!! Amazing experience!!

Sandra · Married on 04/01/2017

Compass Point went beyond my daughter's expectations for her outdoor wedding. Bride's parent are out of state and the owner, Erin, and her staff were very willing to work with the family to ensure every item was covered. The famiy also stayed at the cottage at Compass Point relieving the stress of having to travel to the event location. Very relaxing time spent with bride, bridesmaids, and family
    before wedding plus a beautiful setting for pictures. Compass Point will not disappoint any event or gathering.

shelli · Married on 03/25/2017

One of my favorite things about our wedding was the people that were a part of it - and Erin and her crew were a huge part of that! The venue itself is wonderful, and the people there are just as great. Erin and her sister are fun to be around and easy to work with. It stormed the morning of my wedding, but Erin and her crew were out there as soon as it stopped ensuring things would go as planned.

I could not have been more pleased with Compass Point Events!

Ada · Married on 01/15/2017

Do you want a beautiful, fairy tale, low stress wedding with delicious food and convenient accommodations? Then Compass Point is your spot. Our wedding was so beautiful, magical, wonderful, delicious and easy. We planned a destination wedding so I really loved that the venue, catering, bar, tables, chairs, and even flowers were all included. We even stayed in one of the cottages at the venue and one of my bridesmaids and her family stayed in another. We got to town a few days before the ceremony to get the wedding license so it was nice to only have to unload the car once. Speaking of parking, I was happy my guests wouldn't have to pay for parking unlike many of the venues in the French Quarter (some venues were $30 per car). And for those that Ubered or used Lyft - it was a quick and inexpensive ride for people staying on the other side of the river. For the ceremony and reception itself - the setting is so gorgeous, the food was fantastic (my chef dad was very impressed), and there are so many great spots for pictures - including on the levee with the skyline in the background. Call Erin at Compass Point to book your wedding - you won't regret it.

Hilary · Married on 11/11/2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things regarding Compass Point and its staff. My husband and I had our wedding reception here last week, and it was absolutely perfect. From the beginning of our planning to the end of the party on our wedding day, Erin ensured that every detail was attended to. The entire staff was friendly and professional, and accommodated every request we had. Seriously, every single thing we asked for was done, and then some. The time and effort they put into the details is spectacular.
    Our families rented out all of the guest cottages, which were spacious, and extremely comfortable. It was lovely to be able to have all of our relatives on site to be together, while still having our own separate spaces. The beautiful old oaks were decorated with twinkle lights and lanterns, and the inside of the “big house” was the perfect space to have our wedding pie display, and provided a more intimate area to relax and have conversation. We were able to take photos on the Compass Point grounds, and were also able to walk up to the levy and the ferry terminal to capture more pictures with the sunset and New Orleans skyline in the background.
    My biggest piece of advice is to tell the staff what you want- they make dreams come true.!
    We loved every aspect of our big day. It was more magical and more beautiful than we could have ever imagined!

Sarah · Married on 06/10/2016

This venue is beautiful. Erin did a great job of pulling everything together and the staff made sure we were always taken care of on the wedding night, along with all of our guests. So glad we chose Compass Point for the ceremony you and reception. My family also stayed in the houses within the venue. It was perfect.

Kristen · Married on 05/21/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Compass Point. My wedding was better than I ever dreamed! The venue was beautiful and amazing. My flowers were perfect. The food was delicious and I had people asking me for leftover boxes! Erin kept me on track throughout the whole wedding planning process, and ran the entire wedding like it was nothing. We rented the cottages for our wedding party and for some of our family and they were wonderful. Everyone keeps commenting on how beautiful the wedding was, and I owe it all to Erin and Amy!

Tara · Married on 05/07/2016

Loved the venue! Old New Orleans charm and super nice owners and staff. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking to get married in New Orleans!

Amy · Married on 03/05/2016

What I liked most about Compass Point was that there were so many options! There are so many different spaces, both indoor and out, so you have several choices to make your wedding exactly what you want. All of the spaces are absolutely gorgeous. I recommend a ceremony that ends just before sunset. Beautiful and then you and your guests can enjoy a fun night!

Alison · Married on 10/09/2015

Compass Points provides THE most unique venue for a New Orleans wedding. Where else can you get married and dance the night away under beautiful chandelier-filled oak trees, have use of a beautiful indoor space, and close out your wedding by second lining on the levee with the New Orleans skyline as your backdrop, not to mention having access to the guest cottages to get ready on site? We had the honor of being the very first wedding at Compass Point (we actually had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception there), and the entire process went so smoothly, the food was delicious, and Erin and Amy could not have been more helpful, responsive, and creative in implementing our vision for our wedding. It was the perfect night thanks to the Compass Point team!

Daniela · Married on 11/03/2017

3.5

Compass Point is a beautiful and unique venue. I got so many compliments on the venue and feel that it matched our personality perfectly. Erin and Amy also did a great job on the food and I know this because we got a ton of compliments on the "authentic" cajun food and when I asked for assistance due to certain people having allergies, they were so helpful and did all they could to assist and make sure our guests were well taken care of. The team at compass point also did a beautiful job with set up and serving and they were all so very sweet and helpful. Overall, I would definitely recommend this venue to others. You will have a unique wedding and lots of amazing memories if you should choose this venue.