Compass Films Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Abby
    Abby W. Married on 09/04/2021

Compass Films

Caleb was amazing! I would highly recommend Compass Films! They made us feel comfortable and we so enjoyed our time with them! The pictures and video were perfect!
    Mindy W. Married on 08/09/2021

Highly recommend- professional yet fun, caring, diligent and talented!

I cannot recommend Compass Films enough! From our first communication, Caleb was very professional, organized, kind, trustworthy, patient and went with whatever my vision was even if it changed over our year and half engagement. Their prices are SO fair for what you get in each package. We had 2 photographers and 2 videographers for 10 hours of our wedding day, so not a MOMENT was missed I am sure. It was nice having a photo and video person with the guys during the day and the other two with the girls while we all got ready - I can't wait to see everything! It was also really nice to have two during the speeches and dances to have multiple angles (I.e., One video on speaker and one on the couple's reactions). This is a family-owned company and all of the talented staff are similar in their kindness and you can tell they've done this many times together, so everything just flowed really well. We had a wild group too and their team was so patient and everyone at the wedding had nothing but nice things to say about Compass and how they took the lead in making sure they got everything captured, but in a nice, calm, collected way. I am so so excited to see the rest of our footage (we got sneak peek pictures after the wedding but so much more to come!). Caleb created a whole Google doc for us on a very specific timeline to keep us organized on on-track, and worked with my planners and myself on it. He included "must-have" shots that I had found on Pinterest and such. He also gave us recommendations throughout the process on family pictures and lineups, and worked closely with us to make our vision come true, in which his wife Rachel and her two brothers and one other woman executed on the day of! They were all the sweetest. I will say, it took me many many months to find a photo/video combination that worked for us. It was one of the more stressful searches as many are so pricey, didn't offer as much in their packages, didn't have the responsiveness or kindness/chill vibes that I was looking for. When my planner found them and sent, it took me almost no time to pull the trigger and I felt confident throughout the whole process with them. While photo/video was very important to me in that I wanted to be impressed by the footage, I didn't want taking pictures to consume my whole wedding day, or have a bunch of posed pictures - I wanted to enjoy the moment more than anything, have a bunch of candid shots, and Compass made this vision so easy on the day of. (Note: If you want a bunch of posed pictures though, they can certainly do this for you! Just wasn't my vision but again, they will be happy to customize things as you want). Seriously check them out, reach out for package options (they are very customizable!) You won't regret it, I hope we can all stay in touch for years to come and I will definitely recommend and use again for any occasion that I want professional photo/video that will be sure to capture any special day.
  • Vanessa
    Vanessa H. Married on 07/17/2021

Absolutely Spectacular!

Caleb was INCREDIBLE!! We decided on a videographer last minute and we are so lucky that Compass Films was available for our wedding. They travelled all the way up to Tennessee and made our day even better! Caleb was great with communication the whole time and worked great with our day of coordinator! The day of the wedding Caleb was simply there capturing so many different moments. I think our favorite part was that our photographer did all the directing and Caleb was able to capture beautiful genuine moments. I cannot imagine our wedding day without Compass films!!
    Hannah F. Married on 06/09/2021

Painterly and emotive. Truly a work of art.

I'm a fellow wedding photographer in Atlanta, and professionally, the few times I've worked with Caleb have always been a joy. I knew I needed Caleb and his team to document my OWN celebration that was affected by COVID-19.

Caleb was kind and the entire process of working with him was a joy. We felt truly cared for and treated like friends. We received a 1-minute trailer within a few weeks of the wedding and our full feature right before Christmas. His frames and lighting was intentional, and the coloring made us feel nostalgic. We can't help but watch our video again, and again, and it's truly a treasured piece of art that serves as a tangible reminder of the love we share. We can't wait to keep watching this and hear our vows as we grow old together. Caleb's work is painterly, emotive, and stunning. If you're on the fence about whether or not you need video, do yourselves a favor and have Caleb be a part of your day. You won't regret it. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, Caleb!
    Sarah B. Married on 04/10/2021

Book them!

Caleb and his team are truly amazing! Planning a wedding mid-covid is tough and there always seem to be little last minute changes that have to happen. That definitely rang true with our wedding but Caleb and his team are so professional, planned out, and just the best! He makes a point to surround himself with fantastic people in the industry and that are both great at what they do and the best hype people too!! They were so creative with their shots, kept us laughing throughout, and were just so stinkin fun! They're the perfect combination of professional and playful and that makes for the best shots!
    Caleb is also super flexible and easy to work with! He was responsive, answered all my questions, and made sure to get our input on the things that were important to us and things we definitely wanted documented well.
    I'm so thankful to have had Compass Films as our videographer! The highlight video already has us beaming so I couldn't possibly be any more excited to see the full video and relive our day!! I'm so grateful to have that forever documented in the most special way thanks to this team!
  • W
    Weston A. Married on 03/20/2021

Excellent all around!!

Caleb and his entire team at Compass Films were nothing short of excellent from beginning to end!! The day of the wedding, they were professional the entire time and captured the best moments without getting in the way. The final film and the sneak peak video both came back in timely fashion, and we absolutely love both of them. We asked Caleb to incorporate our specific songs and styles for the video and he knocked everything out of the park.

On top of it all, we were missing a couple important moments from our photographs, but fortunately Caleb was able to transform some of the video footage into still shots so the memories were not lost!

Caleb and his team were simply the best and we would 100% book them again!! Thank you!!
    Hannah C. Married on 08/04/2020

Memories forever because of them!

Compass films captured my favorite day in the most perfect way. They were able to get angles and shots I didn’t even think were possible. The drone footage was stunning and really captured the whole feeling. I would pick them 10000x over.
  • Brooke
    Brooke Married on 04/09/2020

Amazing work!

Caleb shot video at our wedding in late 2018... we were overwhelmed with the final product. We were on the fence on whether we wanted a videographer but we are so glad we did. This video will be something we cherish for many years to come. Caleb was very easy to work with and captured our personalities PERFECTLY! I would highly recommend Compass Films!
  • Mary
    Mary A. Married on 04/01/2020

Amazing Experience!

I can't begin to describe how great this team is! They are great to work with-flexible and fun! We loved spending our day with them. They made two nervous people feel at ease with their friendly and approachable personalities. Both Caleb and Rachel were intentional in all the work they put in during the wedding day, and after. The final product was far better than we could have hoped for and it will be something our family treasure forever! We are filled with gratitude for the gift they have given us that will last forever.
  • Laura
    Laura F. Married on 03/06/2020

Super easy to work with

Caleb was super easy to work with and did a great job on our wedding video. He was very accommodating, flexible, and professional. Also very well priced compared to others. Highly recommend!
    Gina B. Married on 03/01/2020

Best choice ever!

Rachel and Caleb are such a great team!! They're professional, fun and very comfortable to work with -- even for an introverted bride and groom who don't normally love to be on camera. :) They also helped tremendously with keeping our day on schedule. Best of all, they do incredible work. For me, photos and video were the most important investment, and Compass Films perfectly captured the sweetness of the day. We'll be looking back on these, enjoying them, and showing them to everyone we know for years to come!
  • Charittey
    Charittey S. Married on 02/26/2020

Amazing Experience

Compass Films caught my eye as soon as my planner sent me the options for videographers. Their work looked so professional I couldn’t wait to book them. When I arrived at the venue, I met Caleb and he was very polite and thorough explaining everything. He also asked if there was anything specific I wanted to capture. Caleb was great at directing, and captured all of our special moments. Our video was delivered to us so much faster than we originally thought, so that made us even happier!! Compass did an amazing job encompassing our wedding day into a beautiful film.
  • Chloe
    Chloe T. Married on 01/18/2020

Wonderful!

Compass Films photographed and videoed my wedding in January, and they were absolutely amazing. Not only did they provide us with beautiful pictures to remember the day by, but they also relieved a lot of stress the day of by being incredibly enjoyable and very organized. I couldn't be happier with the experience or with the photos!
  • Desire
    Desire Married on 01/05/2020

Amazing Work

Absolutely beautiful work!!! Rachel and Caleb were amazing, made us feel super comfortable and like the stars of the show! They captured every perfect moment with their talents.
  • Erica
    Erica Married on 08/10/2019

Amazing Wedding Videographer

Caleb of Compass films was a pleasure to work with! His attention to detail was shown in both our high film and our full wedding video. Caleb was very attentive to shots, angles and made sure to capture the essence of our day. He was also open to suggestions on music and editing. It was important to me to have a video that was beautiful but reasonably priced and working with Compass Films allowed me to do that. I highly recommend Caleb & Compass Films.
    Anna Married on 07/26/2019
    Caleb and Rachel are AMAZING! They took engagement pictures for me and my fiance a couple of weeks ago and we had such a fun time. From the moment we met to the time we were wrapping up the shoot, Caleb and Rachel made us feel comfortable and relaxed. All of our pictures look so natural and fun which was definitely the look we were going for! The best part was that they had our pictures back to us in less than 48 hours! You can't beat that. They're also really great at communication via phone or email which also helps to relieve any type of stress or concerns brides may have when it comes to the photo shoots. We can't wait to have them shoot our wedding next summer! I highly recommend this duo.
    Andie Married on 06/29/2019

Must use compass films!!!

Compass films was so amazing to work with! Caleb and his team were so kind to us at our wedding and made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. They are so discrete while filming. We hardly knew they were filming, which makes for such great candid footage! They edit their work so nicely and we would always recommend them! We absolutely love how they captured our day! https://vimeo.com/353677759
  • Sabrina
    Sabrina B. Married on 04/28/2019

100% Perfect and Amazing

Compass Films was absolutely AMAZING. So easy to communicate with before the wedding, day of they were absolutely great too. So friendly and you could tell they new how to get those stunning shots. Our highlight video we got so quickly after the wedding, and then we got our full video even earlier than expected! And it was stunning. Cried the first time I watched it. I would recommend them to absolutely anyone. Amazing videographer in every single way. :)
  • Kelley
    Kelley M. Married on 04/27/2019

Exceptional in Every Way

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Compass Films team. From initial contact to delivering our final photos and video, the experience was exceptional. Of all of my wedding vendors, they were far and away one of my favorites. Such talented photography and videography, capturing every special moment seamlessly and with such professionalism throughout the entire day. Highly, highly recommend!
  • Millie
    Millie C. Married on 04/13/2019

Wonderful Wedding Videography

I chose to use compass films for my wedding after a being a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding. On both days, Caleb was so easy to work with and delivered an awesome video afterwards. Caleb went above and beyond and I am so thankful that I chose Compass Films to capture the most important day of my life.
  • Karlie
    Karlie Married on 04/06/2019

Captured our day Beautifully

Absolutely amazing in everything! I don’t have one negative thing to say! They captured the day exactly how we imagined. They were so professional, fun, sweet, and all together a great team. We had our photos and full video coverage of the day done by Compass films. The day doesn’t last forever, but the pictures and video will. Thank you💕
  • Lauren
    Lauren S. Married on 01/20/2019

Perfectly captured our wedding day!

I am sincerely grateful for the quality and care that Caleb put into capturing and editing our wedding day. The videography, sound quality, recording of our vows, music choice - everything was remarkable. My family and I have loved watching the video and reliving the day. I knew that I wanted a videographer for our wedding, and I knew that the team had to hit the right intersection of quality and value. I found Caleb to be very responsive by email, fair in his pricing, and timely and present on the wedding day. I would definitely recommend Compass Films to couples in the greater Atlanta area!
    Hannah M. Married on 11/21/2018

Absolutely amazing video!

Excellent quality work with attention to detail. I would highly recommend them for Video! I had a they brought it to life! Couldn’t be happier!
  • Felicia
    Felicia Married on 11/17/2018

Stunning Job!

What an amazing job Compass Films did on our elopement! It looks like a preview for a movie! I would highly recommend this company! I have gotten so many compliments on the beauty and quality of this video! I would recommend this videographer again and again!
  • Kayla
    Kayla Married on 11/10/2018

Complete Awe

Caleb is an absolute genius. I couldn’t have been happier with his vision and final product. He made all of my dreams come true and the end result is just stunning. I wish I could hire him to capture every moment of my life. He could film someone washing the dishes and it would end up being the most beautiful video about dish-washing. I can’t wait to watch our wedding video throughout the years and show our children the magic he was able to capture.