31 Reviews for Comfort Zone Catering

Champagne Toast (1)
Chairs (1)
Tables (1)
16 Comfort Zone Catering Reviews

CJs catered my wedding reception recently and I cannot say enough great things about them. The food was phenomenal and the service was awesome! He came highly recommended and I see why. He’s very busy folks but well worth the wait!

Profile Picture Elsie, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Everyone loved the grand cheese display and also thought the food was amazing. I only wish I was able to eat more but unfortunately I had to take 1 million photos as I was the bride.

Profile Picture User6779065, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

We hired CJ and his team to cater and coordinate our wedding at Olowalu Plantation House. He did a fantastic job and helped us really pull together my dream wedding. His recommendations for vendors all did a fantastic job and everything was seamless on the big day. He really does a fantastic job of taking care of the bride and groom and brought us food and drinks while we were taking pictures and made sure we stayed on schedule. Our guests raved about his food and it his passion was clear to see. Hiring CJ was one of the best decisions we made and we couldn't have pulled off our dream wedding on a short timeline without him. Thank you CJ!

Profile Picture Baylee, 2/16/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Local, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, Lactose Free, Vegetarian, Buffet, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

I highly recommend CJ for any event. He made my special day so memorable. I wish I had known about him beforehand because I would've chosen him to plan the whole event, from cake to flowers to videographer to photographer and DJ. He catered my wedding and I couldn't be more pleased with elegance of the table setting and the way he took charge of the wedding, the ambiance he created with the lighting and most of all his overall demeanor, patience and friendliness. He is so flexible and he will make your event stress free. If I could do it all over again, I would put him in charge of the whole event. He will make your special day absolutely stress free. The menu he prepared for the wedding was absolutely delicious. You have to taste his famous "Hana Bars". It is to die for. I don't think I had enough of it. I will surely visit his diner in Maui just for the Hana Bars.

Profile Picture Jane, 4/2/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

CJ's Comfort Zone Catering and Wedding Planning was wonderful. CJ, although a bit hard to understand on the phone (he's Danish), made our daughter's wedding on Maui an absolutely gorgeous event. We sent him a pin from Pinterest with a picture of what we envisioned for the table and theme of the wedding, and he and the florist he recommended (Terrie Fukushima, Fukushima Flowers) made it even more beautiful than the Pin. He referred us to other amazing providers, such as MeewMeew Studios for photography, Maui Wedding Cakes and Pastor Laki (who lent such Hawaiian ambience to the wedding with his traditional vows, lei exchange, and blowing of the conch shell). The best part, however, was the gourmet catering provided by CJ. He catered both the rehearsal and reception dinners for 35 people each. The food on both nights was over the top in deliciousness and presentation. He is truly a gourmet chef and an artist! He clearly loves what he does and takes great pride in his culinary and visual artistry. Our guests were amazed, as were we.

Profile Picture Katherine, 2/6/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

The food and service was amazing. I would leave more time for set up as guests were already there prior to set up taking place.

Profile Picture Ashley, 11/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Officiant, Wedding Planning

Very easy to work with and food outstanding

Profile Picture John, 9/26/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Chef CJ catered a Private Dinner for us on our wedding night. He and Marilyn were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING and quite a Team... warm, energetic and enthusiastic from the moment we opened the door.

He set-up a picnic for us w/light appetizers and drinks while we watched the Sun set and he went back to the room to prepare dinner for us. The appetizers we So Amazing, we literally had to stop ourselves from eating so we would have room for dinner. Once dinner was about ready, he came back down to check on us, took us on the beach and got a few pictures of us with the Sunset. This was very special as I'm quite sure "photography" was not on the menu. :-)

We got back to the room and OH MY GOODNESS... the set-up on the lanai was GORGEOUS!!! We were seated, served with wine... and then the food comes out. EACH and EVERY dish/entrée was something from Heaven. There had to have been at least 5 - 7 courses (including thee most moist and delicious chocolate cake EVER and beautiful fruit/dessert platter). I am not even BIG on chocolate, but THIS cake... MY GOODNESS!!! Every single dish was prepared with LOVE and the presentation was to die for. I am a VERY picky eater and Chef CJ took to that... he prepared our favorite dishes and I even ventured out and tried a few new dishes.

We were SO stuffed by the time dessert came out, but... we could NOT stop ourselves from having a few bites. We felt completely gluttonous, but hey, It's was our wedding night and our every need was being catered to so... we indulged for the special occasion. We could barely move once all was said and done. We had enough food to last us the next few days, which was PERFECT! A HUGE THANK YOU AND

ENCORE TO CHEF CJ AND MARILYN FOR HELPING MAKE OUR SPECIAL DAY THAT MUCH MORE SPECIAL!!!

Profile Picture Cortni', 7/27/14, 1 Review
3.8

Great presentation of food display and food was delicious. All of my guest were impressed by the quality of the food. He was able to find our wedding entertainment, tables, chairs, lighting, a one stop shop for destination weddings.

Profile Picture User4181438, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

Very friendly and we highly recommend him for any function. Great food!

Profile Picture Rosie, 5/4/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

We had our wedding rehearsal dinner at CJ's Deli and Diner. The food was delicious! It was so delicious my husband, I, and some of our family/friends came back several times during our stay in Maui. CJ and his staff were awesome! We will definitely be back next time we are in Maui.

Profile Picture User4101119, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
4.2

Their food was spectacular and all of our guests loved it!

Profile Picture User3913817, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

Comfort Zone Catering did it all! - and my husband and I were able to enjoy the moment and our guests and not worry about anything. I didn't even have to worry about the planning or menu. (I even got some suggestions on the invitations). The menu from which to select the appetizers and dinner was extensive - I picked out a few things that looked good and was unsure of what delicacies went well together. Not to worry - CJ made some suggestions and emailed several menu options which was a great help in having a wonderful meal! He arranged for a Hawaiian priest for the blessing and even suggested the optimal time of day for the event to maximize the sunset. This event was a traditional Hawaiian blessing for the land where we are building a home - why did I put it under weddings??! My husband said the event was bigger and better than our own wedding! -- And so in a few years when we reach a 'significant' anniversary - we will have an excuse to have another event by Comfort Zone Catering, Thanks - "Mahalo" to all! Kathy and Chris

Profile Picture Kathy, 10/18/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Invitations, Officiant, Wedding Planning

CJ and Comfort Zone Catering was the absolute perfect choice for our wedding and rehearsal dinner. CJ walked us through the process and was able to provide valuable suggestions for food, music, and location. All of our guests were amazed at the quality of food and felt that it was some of the best on the island and by far the best for any wedding they had attended. I would highly recommend working with CJ and his staff! It helped make both our wedding and rehearsal stress free and enjoyable! Mahalo CJ!

Profile Picture john, 8/6/13, 2 Reviews
2.9

Food was not as good as when we had our tasting. The high quality plastic was not what we had expected (less than "high quality"). We did not have our champagne glasses full for our wedding party table when it came time for our toasts.

Profile Picture James, 4/26/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

CJ and his crew were monumentally important to the success of our wedding. CJ also served as our wedding planner and he was able to juggle all tasks of keeping everything running and running well. He was a one stop shop because CJ knows pretty much everyone on the island and could make great recommendations for other vendors. And he's so likeable. We had so many compliments on the delicious food (even though hubby and I barely had time to eat) and the fun crew who served us. They kept it easy breezy, which is so necessary at easy breezy Maui.

Profile Picture Aileen, 4/19/10, 3 Reviews