Columbus Marriott Northwest Reviews

17 | Dublin, OH

17 Reviews for Columbus Marriott Northwest

Amanda · Married on 05/23/2015

The Marriott Northwest took care of everything!!! All those little details that brides can't stop thinking about, just have your reception here and they will take care of it! The coordinator I worked with at first was nothing short of Amazing! Lisa went on maternity leave before my event, but her replacement, Brad was also so amazing and the Banquet Manager the night of the event, Michael was also amazing!! All the staff is so great here, I guess I am not used to staying in nice hotels, but I was blown away by the guest service. Also the event ballroom was beautiful!! And we had minimal decor that we brought in, we used the hotel's centerpieces, chair covers and wraps, etc.
    I highly recommend! The food was soooo delicious, and all I heard all night from my guests was how perfect and beautiful every thing was and how yummy the food is. Large portions, too. This hotel does not cut corners, it is full service!

Sent on 06/06/2015

The Marriott staff was wonderful to work with!
    My daughter and her husband had a beautiful day!

Sent on 01/25/2014

Staff was very attentive and exceeded expectations!

Sent on 01/15/2014

Judy · Married on 11/06/2010

This was an excellent choice. From our first meeting with the coordinator I knew we were in good hands. Unfortunately, my daughter was going to be doing most of the wedding planning alone since she was in Columbus and I was in Cincinnati. To have the resources of the Marriott and their coordinator was reassuring. She helped my daughter coordinate each part of the ceremony and reception. From our arrival on Friday we were impressed. The staff at the reception desk was professional and helpful. Our rooms were excellent and all the guests that stayed at the Hotel were very pleased with the accommodations. The day of the wedding was busy but we did not have to worry about who would receive the cake and flowers or where they would be stored. Kim took care of it. She ensured the ballroom was sent up how we requested. We had a room for the bridal party to relax and dress in before the ceremony. Kim helped keep us on time. It was great to go from the wedding the the reception without having to worry about travel. Kim ensured that anything we needed to be taken to one of our suites was done. Once the reception started the banquet staff were excellent. Guests requests were attended to quickly, the food was excellent and the tables were cleared quickly. After the reception the top layer of the cake, the cake topper and bridal toasting flutes were all taken care of by the banquet staff. Wedding days can be very stressful I don't think Kim, Samantha, the banquet staff and the hotel staff could not have done anymore to make our day as stress free as possible. Our guests were very complimentary of the reception. I believe our guests felt like we paid much more for the wedding then we did. I don't think we could have had such a successful wedding/reception any where else.

Sent on 11/14/2010

Rachel · Married on 06/05/2010

We had our rehearsal dinner here, and it was a very good experience. I was pleasantly surprised about the quality of food. Our meal was delicious!

Sent on 07/01/2010

Tracey · Married on 03/27/2010

Kim Smith from the Marriott Columbus Northwest was amazing to work with in planning my wedding reception. I was planning long distance and she was very easy to get a hold of with any questions (and I had plenty). The catering of the marriott was also wonderful, I did not hear of one person attending that did not love their dinner or cake. Kim also recommended a DJ to me, and he worked out wonderful. Overall, it was great and there is nothing I would have changed in working with Kim and the Marriott. It was a wonderful evening!

Sent on 06/03/2010

Christina · Married on 07/28/2007

I was SO happy I went with the Marriott. Melissa was great and helped me along the entire way. The Marriott did everything for the reception - cocktail hour, full dinner, place settings, etc. I didn't have a wedding planner but didn't feel like I needed one since the hotel provided so much for you. The food was wonderful and everyone had a great time.

Sent on 02/07/2008

Travis · Married on 06/16/2007

We had a very small wedding, but the staff at the Marriott were very accomidating and were very professoinal. One of the best memories of the wedding thanks to the location, the professionalism, and patience of the staff here.

My mother contacted them just a few weeks before the wedding and they worked everything out. They were very patient, listened to our requests, and went out of their way to make sure they were met. Incredible service.

Sent on 04/22/2008

We held the reception for our daughter's wedding at the Marriott. Lisa Kirr did an outstanding job of coordinating the entire event. We were very pleased with the professional attitude of all who were involved in putting on the reception. This was the second time we have had a reception there and in both cases were extremely pleased with the results

Sent on 01/14/2014

Diana · Married on 07/13/2013

The Marriott did a wonderful job for our wedding. They were thorough, professional, and extremely attentive. I did not have to worry about a thing! I would definitely recommend working with Lisa and Shannon!

Sent on 02/28/2014

Megan · Married on 06/08/2013

Lisa Kirr and the entire staff were wonderful to work with. They were very accommodating and so easy to work with. The reception went off with no problems at all. I highly recommend them

Sent on 01/14/2014

Aileen · Married on 09/05/2010

Kim Smith was amazing to work with and was quick to respond to all of my questions. She and Shannon made the night perfect and we got TONS of compliments on the food. The marriott was not cheap but the service was worth the cost. We had a wonderful, wonderful wedding here and I wouldn't change a thing.

Sent on 09/12/2010

Julie · Married on 10/17/2009

I had my reception there in October of 2009 and it was amazing! They catered to my every need and want. I was able to enjoy the whole night and not worry about anything. Everything was taken care of and was beautiful. I felt like royalty the whole time! Kim and Sam are the best!

Sent on 02/05/2010

Courtney · Married on 08/01/2008

Our reception was held at the Marriott and we have nothing but positive things to say. Our coordinator is no longer there but she was a dream to work with and very quick to respond to emails and phone calls. Shannon and her banquet staff were wonderful and made all of our guests feel like they were royalty. The food was delicious and the prices were very reasonable.

Sent on 03/04/2009
  • W

Laura · Married on 08/12/2006

They made my wedding planning so much easier. They set up reception with many personal items I had provided ahead of time. They coordinated with my florist. Both cakes were perfect and tasted great. They accommodated all my needs and all the guests were very happy. Many of our guests were from out of town and it was perfect.

Sent on 02/04/2009

Mary · Married on 06/11/2016

Columbus Marriott Northwest was exactly what we were looking for in a reception venue. About half of my family and all of my husband's family is from out of town, so we wanted to have the reception at a hotel so that people could have somewhere to go and relax after the ceremony and people did not have to find a ride back to wherever they were staying. There are also hotels right next door and across the street if people wanted to spend a little more or less. The reception itself was beautiful. I ended up working with Lisa as she was leaving and Camela as she was starting. Due to the change, there was a hiccup in communication, but once Camela got settled everything was fine. She thought of everything. When my husband and I went in, we were so impressed and delighted! The only thing was that a couple of guests mentioned that one of the bartenders commented on how often certain people were coming up and then told one guest that she didn't want to make a certain drink anymore and asked her to pick something different. But the service otherwise was great. And the dinner portions were the biggest I've ever seen at a wedding and the food itself was absolutely delicious. We were so impressed!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Sheila · Married on 06/04/2011

3.8
      3.5

For the money, this was a decent place to exchange vows. Very clean. Good food. Ok staff.

Sent on 10/15/2011