14 Reviews for Columbus Gardens

Linens (1)
Parking (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
14 Columbus Gardens Reviews

Diane and the entire staff at Columbus Gardens were wonderful and such a pleasure to work with. Not only is this hall on the more affordable side (you only pay for the food/alcohol per head), but it is the perfect size for a wedding under 150 guests. They supplied the catering (you get tons of DELICIOUS food!!) cake (they work with the local Fenwick bakery), all linens, centerpieces (if you don’t want to bring/make them), tables, chairs, arch, and dishware. We had our ceremony there and it didn’t cost anything extra. Diane was my event coordinator and maitre de, and she couldn’t have been more polite, helpful, patient, and supportive! Planning a wedding yourself is stressful but having someone that experienced help you plan out your day and control the flow of events was an absolute blessing! If you are in doubt, schedule a tour! The hall doesn’t look like much from the outside but once you get inside it’s humungous! You have your choice of 3 different sized halls depending on your number of guests, a huge waiting area with big bathrooms, and a small bridal suite to get ready in. You also have the option of having your ceremony outside in a small field next to the building that is surrounded by trees and fenced off (we were going to have our ceremony outside but it had been raining ALLLLLLL week!), you would just be in charge of renting chairs and setting them up with a different company since they don’t usually perform outdoor ceremonies. That being said, I HIGHLY recommend this venue, especially for a budgeting bride. I couldn’t have been more happier with the turnout. Thank you guys for all of your hard work!!! ❤️

Photos
Profile Picture Gina, 5/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Services Used: In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Indoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Dessert, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Very pleased with the overall service

Profile Picture Kimberly , 6/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We used this venue for our reception on Oct 3rd. We worked with Pat throughout the whole process and she made things extremely easy for us. Our Maitre' D was an absolute pleasure to work with as well. Very attentive and extremely friendly. I am very happy with our decision to use Columbus Gardens!

Profile Picture laura, 10/3/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

The food, cake & service were EXCELLENT!!!! :) we were pleased with everything Columbus Gardens did for us!!! They just recently remodeled the place & we love the new color scheme they have going on! Mr. Fran & Ms. Pat were very easy to talk to & didn't mind me calling so much with all my questions:) so happy:)

Profile Picture Tricia, 10/5/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

The whole team was great. They were with me the whole day making sure everything was going good.

Profile Picture JENNIFER, 9/29/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

The staff and facility was great! they did a great job with setting up everyting i had brought to them. They did an even better job with the last minute things i brought the day of the wedding. The wedding cake was beautiful. Better than i had expected and the food was plenty and good.

Profile Picture christina, 4/30/11, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

Venue was perfect for us. We had about 100 guests. Location was very close to our church in Kingsville, parking lot was large and convenent. Planning process was very easy and well organized. Cost of Venue and service was amazing. Everything seemed to run very smooth from the moment we arrived till our departure. Loved having the open bar which our guests appreciated as well. Not the fancest place to have a wedding but very nice. Table linens and napkins were included but not chair covers. I had to order from C.C. Linens which made a huge differnce in the appearance. Overall we are very happy with the professionalism of Columbus Gardens

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/10/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Columbus Gardens was the perfect venue for our wedding reception. We had a guest list of about 150 and we were trying to be as cost effective as possible. They offered so many things that other places charged extra for. Our menu consisted of 2 entrees, 2 sides, appetizers, one dessert, and THE CAKE!! My husband and I were able to choose a meal separate from the guests. They allowed us to have the open bar but we could also supply any other liquor or beer we wanted. AWESOME! They were so accommodating. We were having fish in our centerpieces at each table. At first they seemed a bit unsure of having the fish but we dropped them off the night before and everything worked out great. There was a party in our room prior to our reception but you would have never known. It was spotless and ready when our guests arrived. All of the workers were extremely attentive all night. The bartenders were great too!

Profile Picture Michelle, 6/27/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Columbus Gardens is fantastic for a reception venue. We also used them for our rehearsal dinner.

They're flexible, their customer service level is outstanding. The food is VERY good....the price per person ran us approximately $44/per person, and that included deluxe open bar, 2 entrees, 2 veggies, and salad for each guest, as well as a veggie, cheese, and dip set-up as appetizers for our guests and a private spread for the wedding party before our introduction.

Profile Picture Dawn, 1/31/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

My husband and I could not have been any happier with how everything turned out. Diane and was our coordinator and she was amazing! They answered any questions we had and made really great suggestions when we were unsure of things. Our experience with Columbus Gardens was fantastic, the food was delicious, our guests had an awesome time...we can't say enough good things about this venue :)

Profile Picture User6112060, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake

When I first visited the building, the outside looks were a little decieving. However, the inside of the hall is beautiful! I was treated like a princess from the moment I made the initial appointment. Tina, went out of her way to make everything from the centerpieces, table cloths, and cake personalized for use. The staff throughout our wedding reception was extremely polite, respectful, and considerate of all of our guests. The food was delicious with numerous options to choose from. The cost was just under $40 a person with a full open bar, including all table linens, wedding cake, food, etc. The only problem I encountered was being able to book the hall, its a fairly popular place and books very quickly. I highly recommend using this facility!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 7/14/07, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
3.4

I had my reception at Columbus Gardens and was overall very pleased. I felt like the customer service before the date of the reception was varied greatly. The first time I went with my mom and got excellent personal friendly service, but after that every time I called they sounded like I was some kind of idiot. The food was excellent, and the wedding cake was excellent as well. During the reception they were very attentive to the bridal party, although I think they could have communicated with the DJ a little better to keep things moving. Overall I was happy with the price, although in hindsight I probably should have shopped around a bit more. I was NOT a picky bride and it was the first place I walked in and I was like...this works and so I did it.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/14/08, 7 Reviews
2.6

Working with them up until the day was wonderful , my maitre de was horrible and so rude , the food was amazing , my tables and room was not set up the way u wanted it and they also did not give me some things that were promised.

Profile Picture Megan, 8/30/13, 3 Reviews