Colours by Linny Reviews

127 | Tampa, FL

127 Reviews for Colours by Linny

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Cheryl · Married on 04/11/2015

No words can truly express the sincere gratitude that our family has for Linny! My daughter was made to feel like the most beautiful bride in the world as well as her bridal party feeling so special and beautiful! Linny not only of course does amazing work knowing exactly what to use and how to use to each individual but also at the same time becomes a very special friend making sure that everyone is extremely happy with the end result. Nicole couldn't have been more exstatic when she looked in the mirror once Linny was done. Linny did her make-up years ago for her graduation pictures as well and it was a pure joy to not only see her again but to see her beauty inside and out shown to all of us. She definitely was a huge part of making my daughter's dream come true wedding complete! Thank you always Linny and blessings for continued success!

Aileen · Married on 05/10/2014

I was so happy to have Linny as mine and my bridesmaids' makeup artist for my big day. She is AWESOME. As a person she is so warm and sweet and makes you feel comfortable right away. She listens to exactly what you want and is very skillful at her craft; two of my bridesmaids who never wear makeup said that Linny put on just the right amount that they felt done up without feeling like she was wearing makeup. All my guests complimented me all night on my makeup and how pretty it looked too.

Lauren · Married on 05/03/2014

I literally have never felt so beautiful in my entire life! I worked with Colours by Linny on my wedding day and could not have been more pleased. Linny applied my makeup and Vanessa did my hair. Let me tell you… extremely talented girls right there. But what’s even better is they sincerely love their jobs and that passion makes their work even more incredible. Both are super friendly and easy to work with. In the past I’ve felt uncomfortable speaking up if I didn’t like something about the way my hair/makeup was done, but I never once felt like that. They genuinely want you to feel perfect on your wedding day.

Also, I do not wear a lot of makeup on a daily basis so the last thing I wanted on my wedding day was to be completely done up to the point where I no longer looked as I normally do OR to the point where my makeup was the first thing people noticed. Not the case at all. I didn’t get to meet them until the day before my wedding (because I live in Chicago and my wedding was in Clearwater), so Linny took the initiative to check out pictures on Facebook ahead of time to see how I normally look and how I usually apply my makeup. She applied just the perfect amount – enough to highlight my features and look fabulous in pictures, and nothing more.

One final comment is that they were very organized. I let them know how many bridesmaids and others wanted hair and makeup done, as well as what hairstyles the girls had in mind so they would have enough time to get everyone done. Everything went very smooth the day of and they even squeezed in a few additional people last minute for hair and makeup!

Overall, they were wonderful and an amazing team to work with! :)

Linny was wonderful to work with! Besides her talent, she has a positive attitude, a great team and is willing to help in any way she can. I highly suggest Linny for any of your beauty needs, she is a true professional.

Marty · Married on 03/15/2014

Colours by Linny did the hair and makeup for me, my mother, the groom's mother, all of my nine bridesmaids, and the flower girl for my March 15th wedding. They are incredible! From the beginning they were professional and flexible. I live in Boston, and they were so accommodating when we were setting up a hair and makeup trial, and during the trial she took note of what my skin and eyes were sensitive to and even gave me advice on my eyebrows. On the wedding day they were so organized and calm in managing such a large group and we were never running late, despite several bridesmaids having very thick and long hair. Their level of experience was apparent from the moment they arrived, and I knew I wouldn't have to worry or be stressed about anything! And everyone just looked perfect! The hair and makeup suited each girl perfectly, and I could not have been happier with my hair (done by Vanessa) and makeup! It really felt like "me", yet still special and elegant. They just perfectly achieved the exact look I wanted. They also had a mirror in front of each person getting their hair done so you could give feedback and they asked if you were happy with it as it was happening. You really spend a large portion of your wedding day getting ready with your friends and family, and having that be a fun, happy, and stress-free experience makes such a big difference. Linny is also such a warm person that she made working with her so enjoyable! They got along so well with everyone, and Linny even offered to see if my groom (who had gotten sunburned on his face the day before) needed some makeup to cover it up! Obviously I can't say enough about Linny, Vanessa, and the rest of the team! Thank you!

Laura · Married on 03/01/2014

Linny was an absolute joy to work with. Her professionalism and ability to provide honest opinions was very appreciated. Thank you for making my wedding preparations so enjoyable for my Mother and Maid of Honor. Everyone looked absolutely beautiful.

Sherrie · Married on 11/23/2013

If you want to feel like you're best friend is making sure you look you're best on your wedding day, then you need Linny! She will not only make you feel like a princess...she'll make you look like one! Linny and Vanessa are soooo talented, great at their trade, and clearly LOVE what they do. We had a practice session (me, my sis and BFF), and had the best time with them. On the wedding day, Linny was so attentive and helpful through all the pics. I thought, "She's been to this rodeo before." Very professional, with a special gift for making people around her feel special themselves. I just loved her! Thank you Linny and Vanessa for being such an important part of my special day!!! You made it extra special!!!

Teresa · Married on 11/22/2013

Linny was a pleasure to work with- prompt, professional, and calm. She listened carefully as I explained the look I was hoping to achieve (for both hair and makeup), and then created it asking for my feedback along the way. Linny also went above and beyond in helping one of my friends who was struggling to style her hair at the last minute. She worked well with my photographer, and the pictures turned out nice!

Linny is a delight to work with and truly a gem in every way. Her prices are not the lowest but the addage you get what you pay for certainly applies here. We all looked amazing on the most important day of a girl's life!

Her staff was punctual and pleasant and we ran smoothly and on time.

I would recommend her again and again and again!

Jamie · Married on 05/04/2013

Linny was great! Made me feel so beautiful and well taken care of. Her work is phenomenal!

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 04/21/2013

Aside from my wedding planner, Linny was probably the most calming presence in the room on both the day of my engagement photo shoot as well as on my actual wedding day. Since this is most likely the first vendor a bride will engage with on her wedding day, it's extremely important that she choose someone who is trustworthy, reliable, professional, skilled, and CALM. Linny is all of the aforementioned qualities. She shows up early, is true to her word, provides exceptional customer service, and does just beautiful work. Because of her, I was able to remain calm before both my photo shoots and ceremony because I knew I was in good hands. My make up definitely enhanced my finer features, yet looked natural. She is spectacular with eye make up and I even heard my planner say I was wearing my "Linny eyes." Having never met my mother prior to the wedding day, she made her look ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. She styled her hair and gave her an extremely elegant look all-around. Linny even went above and beyond by offering referrals to eye-brow specialists, recommending books/tips on make-up, and is currently helping me research a wardrobe stylist to help me and my clients with image consulting. Her personality is fun, laid-back, and warm. It was an honor to have her be a part of my wedding day.

Liz · Married on 04/20/2013

Working with Colours by Linny was incredible. Since the moment I first contacted Linny, she was so helpful. I had a destination wedding so I didn't know the vendors I was hiring except for online research. Linny helped put my mind at ease and asked right away if there was any advice or help she could give. Email correspondence was always responded to promptly and professionally. When I first met Vanessa and Linny, they both just seemed so genuine. It was as if we were friends meeting up again, when actually, this was my first time meeting both of them. We had great conversations and I still talk to Linny on Facebook, even after the big day! They wanted my day to be perfect. They listened to all my requests and were accommodating with all my bridesmaids and family. My wedding day was perfect and looking back at pictures, my hair and makeup looked so natural. I would definitely recommend Colours by Linny for hair and makeup.

Linny was such a pleasure to work with! We easily scheduled a practice appointment to design my look. She created a convenient schedule for all of the bridesmaids and I getting our makeup done and was patient when my hair went longer than expected. I recommend her for her friendliness, professionalism, and most importantly her expertise in makeup design.

chris · Married on 04/13/2013

I highly recommend * Colours by Linny! Especially if you are looking for professionals that specialize in making their clients look and feel gorgeous! The owner Linny is a compassionate and very talented artist! Linny helped make my wedding unforgettable! I was amazed how she made my car accident scars disappear without using heavy caked on makeup.

Dayna · Married on 04/05/2013

Linny was AMAZING! I have NEVER felt so beautiful! I had someone else do my hair and when my hairstylist suddenly fell sick Linny was ready to step in and help! She was great!

Allison · Married on 03/22/2013

Linny literally made me feel like a princess on my wedding day. I'm one of those people who typically doesn't feel as though I look good in photos. For the first time ever, when I got my wedding pictures back I thought to myself, "Wow! I look beautiful!" Thanks to Linny my hair and makeup were absolutely stunning! I couldn't have asked for anything better. She was very flexible and helpful on the wedding day, touching up hair and makeup for moms and bridal party members who needed some extra primping. I would recommend her to ANYONE wanting to look like a super model for their wedding. Thank you, Linny!!!

Allison · Married on 03/22/2013

Linny made me truly look and feel like a princess on my wedding day. My hair and makeup turned out better on my wedding day than the day we did our practice run, and I could not have asked for anything better. I'm one of those people who typically feels as though I don't photograph well. After seeing my wedding pictures, for the first time ever I thought, "Wow! I look beautiful!" Linny was so flexible and accommodating, helping out when moms and bridal party members needed a little extra primping. I would recommend Colours by Linny to anyone who wants to feel like a super model on their wedding day. Thanks, Linny!

Nayat · Married on 02/09/2013

I loved Linny! Both on a personal and profession level. She was so flexible, sweet and really made me feel at ease. A good example I can think of is when we were planning for the trial appointment... Being from Miami and the wedding being in Tampa made planning all that more stressful. Well, Linny took a LOT of weight of my shoulders... she made her schedule work for me despite her having a bridal party right after me... somehow she made it work; all the while making me feel so comfortable and not rushing at all!
    My pictures came out unbelievable! A BIG part of it thanks to the beautiful make-up and hair :)
    Thanks Linny for the unforgettable experience!

Alisha · Married on 12/08/2012

Linny is awesome and made me look amazing on my wedding day without making me look overdone or 'made up.' Everyone including my husband told me how beautiful I looked and I know I have Linny to thank for it. Not only is she good at what she does, she is a true professional - she even went to my photographer's website to check out what kind of lighting and technique they use to ensure my makeup would reflect the best that it could. I can't say enough good things about her! Definitely recommend.

• Eli

Eli · Married on 11/17/2012

To say that Linny is a wonderful beautician or is great at hair/makeup, and loves what she does is a total understatement. That's because Linny is a wonderful person too. I don't know if everyone has as much stress as I did planning their wedding, but Linny was someone that I could talk to about my worries, family dramas, (and hair and makeup too!) during this experience. Although that was never my intent when calling her - she just has this way about her! I stressed to the nth degree (it's my nature) about my hair and and makeup - and Linny always listened patiently and calmly reassured me that it would be okay. And furthermore - after speaking with her every time that I called to freak out about how to do my hair and dealing with the moms - she would leave me feeling completely calm (or calmer anyways). She always provided such great advice on how to keep the day calm and plan for it to be relaxing and chill - I took her advice very seriously and it truly did help. I flip flopped back and forth for months over whether to wear my hair up or down and what style to do - in the end - I showed Linny a pic out of a magazine that I'd taken with my Iphone in an airport and she immediately took her fingers to my hair and ta da - she had figured out in seconds what I couldn't figure out in a year! My bridesmaids had a friend do their hair and it didn't really work out for a few girls - Linny saw to it that her hair stylist tweak the girls hair to look perfect discreetly so the other stylist wasn't offended. She had me laughing and smiling on the most nerve racking day of my life - I truly think of Linny as friend and am so happy I met her during this crazy time in my life - a true angel. Save yourself the hassle of dealing with someone that won't bother getting to know you or what you want and just call Linny. Thank you so much Linny!!!

Carrie · Married on 11/10/2012

Thanks to Linny, I was able to remain calm when all else was spinning around during the morning of my wedding. Each time I met with her, she was prompt and happy to get to work. She has extensive knowledge and will let you know what will work best to make you look & feel your best! I did not have anything set in stone for the way I wanted to look at my wedding, but instead allowed Linny to do what she does best. She was able to get through the moms' makeup, bridesmaids' makeup, as well as my own in just a short few hours.
    If I had to re-do my wedding day, there is no one else I would turn to for makeup services other than Linny. True Professional! Kind, sincere and pretty funny, too!

Ashley · Married on 11/03/2012

Linny did an awesome job with my makeup and it lasted all night long!!

AShley · Married on 10/06/2012

Makeup was perfect...she listened to exactly what people wanted and everyone was very happy with their makeup application!!!

Kayla · Married on 07/24/2012

Linny did amazing work. My wedding got moved up and was very early in the morning. She was awesome and got everyone done in time. Everyone looked amazing, and under 2 hours of work for 6 people (including me). I love the way I look in my pictures and it is all thanks to Linny!

Candace · Married on 04/21/2012

Linny was AMAZING! I loved her and would recommend her to anyone and everyone.