Colorado Wedding Productions Reviews

114 | Boulder, CO

114 Reviews for Colorado Wedding Productions

114 Colorado Wedding Productions Reviews

Rad · Getting married on 06/08/2019

We planned an adventure wedding with Shaun and his team and it turned out better than we could have ever imagined. It was EVERYTHING we could have wanted for the day and more. Shaun scouted out a gorgeous location and then put together an amazing team who were all willing to hike in with us. We asked for secluded, beautiful place to say our vows, followed by a Hindu ceremony on the mountain with our families and they made it happen. They even helped carry our 13 year old dog Lucky when she got tuckered out from the hike. Thanks to Shaun Piazza(adventure wedding coordinator), Courtland Wilson(photographer whose pictures are seen below), Ben Duke(videographer) and Raquel Chacon(hair and makeup) who made this possible for us. Special thanks to Judy Piazza for creating a beautiful Hindu ceremony for us. I can't say enough good things about them. If you've been thinking about an adventure wedding- DO IT! You won't regret it and this team will help create an unforgettable experience that is about you and your partner!

Colorado Wedding Productions 1
    Colorado Wedding Productions 2
    Colorado Wedding Productions 3
  • Kayleen

Kayleen · Married on 09/16/2018

Book david now!

I don't know where to start and I apologize in advanced if am long winded, but I wouldn't be doing him justice otherwise.
    After reaching out to a number of DJ companies we quickly narrowed it down. I wanted to call and speak to both to make a final decision. After calling Colorado Wedding Productions, I didn't even make the 2nd call. Instantly could see the professionalism, response time, and specific care we would be getting. I had never hired a DJ before and they made it extremely easy for to do as little or as much as I wanted to customize the experience and could cater to any request I could think of.
    With that said, the company was great, but David D. specifically absolutely fantastic and that is an understand. If you are reading this, stop what you are doing and again book this guy NOW!
    We booked him not but 3 weeks prior to the event, and he still made everything work flawlessly. We didn't even give him the songs till the week before and still came through in the clutch (I recommend not waiting last minute like us though.
    1) His DJing skills were fantastic 10 out of 10. We requested some specific songs at specific time and he was on point without asking every time. I also sent him a few lists of our favorite songs in different genres. He did an amazing job of feeling the crowd, reading the room, an jumping back and forth between some classics he uses and our personal favorites throughout the night. I set him up with a number of tasks and he was clutch.
    2) We had a personal request that was abit unique. We wanted to do our grand entrance to the (Chicago Bulls opening song) as you would call out as an announcer on the PA when doing the starting lineup. We had put together a long script and was worried this would be something he would not fill comfortable with or if so, might only be able to pull off so-so. When I asked, he simply said "don;t worry, I got this". Again came through in the clutch and absolutely nailed it. He had the entire crowed falling out of there chairs laughing (as it was a funny script).
    3) This man is an absolutely wonder guitarist, don't let him downplay how good he is. If i remember correctly hes been playing since we was 12 or 14 and well before getting into the DJ scene. We already had a personal friend that is a violist help us in our ceremony, but thought it would be a really good show if he could incorporate some of his talent into the reception. Not only having an amazing DJ but privet guitarist all in one, was simply over the top. Not only can he play all types of genre, the guy was rocking it behind his back. With that said, he did it very tastefully and never took the attention away from us our our event. He was very aware to pick a time in a place that made the mode, and the behind the back at the end when everyone was on the dance floor. My best man's dad has been playing for over 40 years, and hes eyes were stuck on David fascinated with how good he was all while DJing. (p.s. Without being asked I obviously tipped the man cause he went so over the top for us, what ever they are charging you is not enough. In hindsight I would easily pay double if I had to for David)
    4) I don't know if he can read minds, but he was always on the same page with us. Every time I thought to tell him something (which wasn't often), he always happened to be right there waiting as though he knew I was coming and was two steps ahead. Some might not want to be bothered and others very hands on and he had the perfect balance of communication without distraction.
    5) Lastly, He just Killed it across the board. Our wedding was on the top of the mountain in Vail, he was set up before we even got up there. The reception at the bottom, again beat everyone down and set up before the first guest arrived. He cover every specific and favorite song we wanted at the right time and place and filled the gaps wonderfully. He can Simpy give instruction or announce, but he could even call the line up for my Dallas Cowboys and you wouldn't know the difference. He can DJ,but play guitar, I wouldn't be shocked what else. He even stayed late for us on call because our event keep going 100%. He was BY FAR the best vendor we brought on for our entire wedding (all 3 weeks before). He even offered to come over and DJ an after party if we wanted (but we were flying out at 6am, or I would have). And Bottom line, hes just a good guy. Again if I wasn't leaving so quickly I would have wanted to buy the guy a drink and just hang out. I had people all night (no joke) asking where did you get this guy? Did you bring him up from Dallas? Hes so good, can I get his contact? How did you find him? Hes that good.
    Bottom line, David made our wedding. It would have been fine with a generic DJ, but he took the entire event from a 100 to a 120 easy. The entire reception was so much better then I expected all on short notice. And the rate they charge is ridiculously low for what we got, i felt I i booked him on black Friday in hindsight. I am going to end on a repetitive note and for the 3rd time. Stop what you are doing, don't ask or call anyone else (other then your partner) and book David NOW! I personally promise you will not be let down ( and I have only meet the guy in person once). He made our wedding, I hope he can make what ever event you are having just as special as ours.

Stephanie · Married on 09/15/2018

Stellar DJ + MC Service!!!

Look no further, CWP is THE choice for your wedding DJ + MC needs!! Shaun, the owner of CWP, was our DJ +MC at our wedding last month and was instrumental in helping us host an incredibly seamless, fun, and unforgettable event in Vail, CO that we will never forget!

From the start Shaun was incredibly professional, knowledgeable, and just overall great to work with. I knew immediately he and his company would be my #1 pick after we had out initial phone consultation. He also provided easy to fill out paperwork online ahead of time to ensure we covered all the bases and then followed up with a call to run through all the details to make sure our day was exactly as we envisioned - Shaun really provided me a sense of comfort and reassurance that the whole day will go just as planned. He mixed the songs on our playlist perfectly and had everyone dancing ALL NIGHT LONG until they basically had to make us leave the dance floor! I applaud him in the quality of his work and stellar customer service - I highly recommend him to any bride + groom looking for the perfect DJ service!!

Thank you so much to Shaun and CWP!!
    S + S

Anna · Married on 09/02/2018

We hired Shaun for our wedding in Denver in September of 2018. He was a joy to work with, and helped make our day a great success.

He was incredibly organized and professional: handled all the A/V logistics on all three floors of the venue, ensured that we had a backup mic during the ceremony, and kept the entire evening running on time from cocktail hour to cake cutting to last dance.

His music selection was superb, reflecting our personality but also adjusted to the energy in the crowd. He kept the whole party on the dance floor until the venue closed at midnight

We would recommend Shaun to anyone who wants an unforgettable, fun, and flawless wedding.

Ashley · Married on 08/18/2018

We had Cristian as the DJ for our wedding, and he did a wonderful job! He worked with the other vendors well to make sure everything ran smoothly, and was able to adapt to the last minute schedule changes we ended up having throughout the night. He played a great mix of music that got everyone dancing, making sure to pass any strange requests by us before they were played and was professional to all he encountered. Before the wedding, we had filled out a form with all of our song/genre/event requests, and the week of the wedding, I had a phone call with Cristian where he ran through all the details of the wedding so that everything would be perfect for the day of. Thanks Cristian for making our wedding day amazing!!

Allison · Married on 08/04/2018

We absolutely recommend hiring Carl from Colorado Wedding Productions for your wedding day! Carl quickly responded to my initial inquiry and met with us in person to discuss his service. He took an hour of his time to go over the contract and all of our questions before booking. Colorado Wedding Productions is well organized with an online portal containing all relevant documents for your event including contract, ceremony set up and songs, cocktail hour/dinner music, first dances, and dance music. Carl routinely checked in on us during our wedding to make sure we were enjoying the songs that were played. He took guest requests and played a good mix of different genres of music to fit the needs of our guests. Our guests commented on the quality of his service and said how much they enjoyed the dance floor. Carl was an enthusiastic MC who helped our timeline run smoothly. We definitely recommend hiring CWP and Carl to be a part of your day!

Kayla · Married on 08/02/2018

Shaun was AMAZING to work with. We originally were looking at CWP for a DJ for our traditional wedding, but after looking through the website and seeing the Adventure Weddings they offered we actually backed out of our original venue (lost half the deposit, but it was worth it) and decided to go with a hiking wedding in the mountains. Normally their adventure style weddings are elopements with very few people, but we still wanted 35 of our closest friends and family with us. Shaun had never hiked with that many people before, but he was so incredibly accommodating. He helped us pick out the ideal location and was very patient and thorough when answering all of my questions. This was especially comforting as I was planning this wedding from Portland, OR, so we were only able to communicate over email or phone. He also rented out a sound system and microphone at a very reasonable cost for our small dinner reception and even put together a great dinner playlist for us! 10/10 I would recommend CWP to anyone planning a wedding in the Colorado region They were so professional and also personable at the same time. Thank you Shaun for making our wedding day perfect!!

Colorado Wedding Productions 4
    Colorado Wedding Productions 5
    Colorado Wedding Productions 6

Mary · Married on 07/12/2018

I shopped around for several DJ's in order to find one that was affordable, but one that didn't make me compromise what I wanted for our wedding. I was pleasantly surprised by Colorado Wedding Productions. I met with Carl and he was very friendly and accommodating, regarding all of my DJ and music requests. I picked DJ Cristian and was so happy with him. He was outstanding! He played all of the music we requested and kept everything running smoothly at the reception. Our guests danced the night away! I would recommend Cristian to anyone, family, friends, strangers, for their wedding. He will not disappoint you! There are only 2 complaints I had about this company. The music could have been louder during the wedding ceremony and the website where you pay your invoices, request add-ons and communicate with Carl or Cristian was not the most "user" friendly website, or as it is called, portal. Thanks Cristian for making our wedding amazing and SO MUCH FUN!

Katie · Married on 07/06/2018

Josh was the DJ for our mountain wedding and we thought he did an amazing job! He was easy to work with and easily switched songs at our request. We would definitely recommend working with him!

Sekhar · Married on 06/30/2018

This is exclusively a photography review, and my husband will submit a separate DJ services review.

We used CWP for three different photo sessions the year we got married: our engagement photos about 8 months before the wedding, our welcome event the day before our wedding, and finally the ceremony and reception itself. Our two photographers, Amber and Courtland, did a great job covering a broad range of events.

We were especially pleased with the engagement photos that Amber took. She photographed us in the Denver Botanic Gardens and Cheesman Park. She captured the outdoors and fall season beautifully. She guided us through different poses in settings throughout the gardens and made us comfortable with what would otherwise be an awkward and repetitive experience taking hundreds of photos.

We worked with Courtland to photograph our Friday night welcome reception. We had a Mehndi party with henna artists and our guests came in Western wear. Courtland captured every detail of the night perfectly from the Western boots to the henna on everyone’s hands. He took time to do formal shots of us as a couple all around the beautiful venue as well as candid shots of our guests.

Finally, we can’t thank Amber enough for all the work she did on our wedding night. She perfectly documented our ceremony and reception. While we were a little ambitious with a shot list for a shorter evening wedding, Amber did a great job taking many candids of folks laughing, talking, dancing, and posing. CWP sent us the photos about two weeks after the wedding, and we now have a series of wedding memories that we’ll always cherish.

James · Married on 06/30/2018

DJ Services Review
    Shaun did an incredible job as the DJ and emcee for our wedding ceremony and reception. We initially reached out to Shaun and met up with him for a drink in Boulder. We loved his energy and vibe as well as the potential to just work with one vendor for all our photography and DJ needs.

Two months before the wedding we had a detailed form that asked for everything Shaun and his team would need. We were happy to see the form and it helped us clarify our exact order of events as we approached the event. The pricing for CWP’s services was consistent and did not change at all throughout the year—there were no surprise fees, add-ons, or upcharges.

For the ceremony, Shaun did a great job with the music and keeping everything moving smoothly. For the reception, Shaun checked in with us regularly and made sure we knew where we were in relation to our initial timeline, which helped us keep the evening running on time. We were so thankful for that given how hectic the night was. Shaun helped arrange our wedding toasts, finding our friends and prepping them before checking in with us again. He found just the right time to do every part of the wedding reception: the cake cutting, the toasts, the first dance, and more.

For the dance floor, Shaun did his main job as DJ beautifully – he played just the right music for the right mood at the right times. We had an eclectic playlist for a diverse wedding guest list that Shaun handled so well. We loved the slower dance music after our first dance and mother/son dance, which brought many of the older couples out on the dance floor. We also had a bunch of great pop/dance music that kept the dance floor busy even as the evening wound down. Shaun even asked us for a Do Not Play list, which helped minimize any annoying, overplayed music like the Chicken Dance from being done at our reception. We were impressed with Shaun’s skills as a DJ and were so happy with how our wedding ceremony and reception turned out.

Michael · Married on 06/16/2018

Brett and Nicole did an AMAZING job for our wedding! The music was perfect for every situation throughout the night. He was well tuned in with us during our first dance and parent dances and knew exactly when to fade out/cut the music. Also our guests continued to tell us throughout the night and into this week how great the music was and how much fun they had. This is definitely due to the great music that fit our criteria and went beyond our expectations. I will definitely be recommending Colorado Wedding Productions to our friends and family who need a DJ for their future events!

Erika · Married on 06/09/2018

Our DJ Melissa was AMAZING! She crushed it. She took every thought and request I had for her and blended it all together for one immaculate evening. Guests were dancing all night long and she guided the evening absolutely perfectly! It would not have gone even close to as smooth without her. She was a pleasure to have at our big day and we highly recommend her!

• Haley

Haley · Married on 05/27/2018

DJ Cristian at Colorado Wedding Productions was incredible to work with from beginning to end! He handled all our song requests with ease, bringing extra mics for our officiants during the ceremony and mics for our family members who played a song during the ceremony as well as our first dance. Cristian was very professional and fun, keeping the energy going with great music throughout the night. We are so grateful to him for being part of our wedding day and highly recommend him for future wedding parties. Thank you Cristian!

Matthew · Married on 05/20/2018

My wife and I got married on May 20, 2018 at the Wellshire Event Center. I remember the owner telling us that one of the places that you should not cut back is the DJ. Shawn Piazza and Colorado Wedding Productions was one of the preferred venders for the Wellshire. We met with Shawn and immedietly, we were impressed. He is very professional. We hired him. We had to fill out an easy form with all of our preferences. It was easy and all of the important info for the wedding is on that form. Shawn was quite simply amazing. He really kept our party going. He even made sure that my wife and I had time to eat and even went and got drinks for us. Everyone was on the dance floor all night! He really went beyond what we could have expected. So many reviews of DJs state that they didn’t play any of the music we requested. Shawn not only played every song we put on the form, he came over near the close of the evening and asked if there was anything else we would like to hear. If you do not hire Shawn and Colorado Wedding Productions, then you didn’t hire the best....it is that simple.

Julie · Married on 05/18/2018

This company is so amazing! They will literally take care of everything and make any wedding into something spectacular! We did a destination wedding in Colorado and planned on having the ceremony outside on a mountain top. However, we ran into hail and thunderstorms! Shaun was able to think fast and saw the storms coming in so he called all of his vendors for a quick schedule change to get out to the mountain to take photos before the storm comes in and we take the risk of getting no mountain top pictures. The storms did end up rolling in and we could not do the ceremony outside like we had planned. But, everything worked out perfectly, we got our mountain top photos, Shaun made everything so easy for us. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a less stressful and beautiful wedding! Rain, shine, hail, flash floods, whatever the circumstance may be.. I promise they will make it work!

Timothy · Married on 05/16/2018

Shaun- our coordinator, super accommodating, very professional, and very flexible. He did an amazing job putting this team together and finding our spot, and can't thank him enough
    Cortland- our photographer, great eye for framing, lots of incredible candids, he got some really great shots of us and our dog, and all of those special shots my wife requested.
    Hugo- our videographer, dazzling drone shots, and my wife literally has not gone a single day without watching the video he made. GET THE VIDEO, IT IS SO WORTH IT.
    Lisa- our officiant, very professional, great energy, she was able to decipher who my wife and I were, then craft a beautiful, secular (although I'm sure she does a great job with the religious stuff, too) ceremony for us. It was perfect.

I cannot stress this enough- everything was LITERALLY perfect and if we had it to do all over again, we absolutely would. Thank you so much, you guys gave us a perfect memory to treasure forever!

Colorado Wedding Productions 7
    Colorado Wedding Productions 8
    Colorado Wedding Productions 9

Erin · Married on 05/12/2018

Shaun was phenomenal from start to finish!!! His organized, professional and friendly demeanor made for an easy, enjoyable process. Wedding planning was not my cup-of-tea, but choosing Colorado Wedding Productions was one of the best decisions I made. Each part went off without a hitch thanks to Shaun. Do yourselves a favor and hire them!

• F

FirstName · Married on 05/04/2018

Colorado Wedding Productions was hands down the best choice we could have made for our wedding. They were on top of everything with the utmost professionalism. If I could go back and do it again there is no doubt I would select Colorado Wedding Productions again. Thanks for making my wedding unforgettable!

Rob · Married on 04/15/2018

We hired DJ Carl for our wedding and he was terrific in every way. He really does take pride in his work and makes you feel like you're in good hands and have one less thing to worry about as the day approaches. His communication, attitude, planning and execution were flawless. Hire him for your wedding.

• Carrie

Carrie · Married on 04/08/2018

BEST TEAM EVER!!!! There’s not enough space to write this. We hired Hugo for Videography, Kira for Photography and Melissa as our DJ, and worked with Shaun throughout it all. Seriously these 3 and really 4 we’re the best! I was so stressed about finding all three of these vendors and CWP has it all and they’re amazing. We first met with Shaun at a pub, which we loved, and realized we knew him. He had just DJ’d my friends wedding in July. So I was sold right there. He gave us plenty of options for all three services! He was such a good contact and so great to work with.
    HUGO. I cannot say enough. On my wedding day he saved me. I felt so comfortable and at ease with him. He was so calm and professiona He could tell at one point I was being pulled too many directions and had me come out to a separate room and calm down. I was able to finish what I was going to say to my husband in our video. I believed it helped me get through the ceremony without breaking down. He finished up our cinematic video only 2 1/2 weeks after our day. I’ve shown it to everyone I can and they’re blown away. It’s art. It’s so beautiful and wonderfully put together! It’s the best. I cannot stop watching it.
    KIRA! Kira was so amazing. She was so sweet and relaxed and most the time I didn’t even know she was there. She made me feel gorgeous that day. Every time I moved she was like that’s gorgeous hold that or do it again! I haven’t seen her pictures but I know they’ll be beautiful. I cannot wait!!
    MELISSA!! Melissa was so fun. I felt like I’ve known her for years. She even had me in tears during our first call. That’s how good she is. Everyone of my guests said she played the best music and had us all dancing through the night until we were kicked out. I loved how into it she was. She knew exactly what to play and all the transitions were flawless. Her and Kira were back there dancing at one point which hyped everyone up more. Best team ever and I loved seeing them having such a good time.

Colorado Wedding Productions 10
    Colorado Wedding Productions 11
    Colorado Wedding Productions 12
    Colorado Wedding Productions 13

Amanda · Married on 04/07/2018

Shawn was our DJ and he did AMAZING! We knew immediately upon meeting him that he was the guy we wanted for our wedding. The DJ is so so important and music choices for a reception can really make or break the party. Shawn totally made our party! He was spot on with every song and with no exaggeration at all, I can say he had EVERY guest on the dance floor for most of the night. It addition to his amazing DJ'ing, Shawn also MC'd to help keep the night moving along and transition from one event to the next. He never missed a beat and had everything moving smoothly from the moment we said "I do" to our very last "goodbye".

Marisa · Married on 03/24/2018

We really enjoyed working with Shaun. Not only did he do a great job with the music, but he went above and beyond in coordinating the timing of the event. He is extremely professional and we are so glad that we had him as our DJ!

Robin · Married on 03/24/2018

My husband and I were extremely impressed with Shaun's professionalism. As the mother of the bride I knew the bride and groom had not given any consideration to how the evenings events would flow. I needn't have worried. Shaun organized the guests and the wedding couple by gently nudging them into the proper locations for the ceremony, photos, reception, dinner and dancing. He was given only basic information and made sure every aspect of the evening and all expectations were met. Shaun did the backstage handling with grace. Thank you, Shaun.

Rachel · Married on 01/06/2018

We had Shaun Piazza as our DJ for both our ceremony and reception at our 1-6-2018 wedding and really could not have picked a better DJ!! Shaun is professional, talented, and truly an artist at what he does. It was such a relief to have him MCing the day-- he made everything run smoothly, and it was nice to be able to relax knowing he had everything under control. He had the perfect combination of letting us decide when we wanted to do things like cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc and reading the crowd/taking charge on his own. Not to mention, he is an incredible DJ that got everyone dancing-- we had many guests that were very disappointed when the music stopped and it was time to go home. You can't go wrong with Shaun or Colorado Wedding Productions!