Colorado’s Wedding Pastor Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Paige
    Paige M. Married on 07/22/2021

Great service

Thank you Michael for being apart of our big day! Michael has been so great and accommodating. Highly recommend Pastor Michael
    Ashley J. Married on 05/22/2021

Everything we wanted

Michael was the best person for our ceremony. He was so fun and entertaining and he made sure that everything was exactly how we wanted it every step of the way. Highly recommend.
  • Ashley
    Ashley C. Married on 10/13/2020

He is absolutely AMAZING!

Hi! We are from texas and we eloped at Garden of the Gods. We planned on eloping just us two in 10-13-20, change of plans and our family wanted to go! The week before our wedding (more like 4 days) we decided we wanted someone of our faith to officiate our wedding. Pastor Michael was the first person I found and the only person we’ve spoke to. We set up a day where we could talk about us and get to know him. We talked for over an hour and it felt like five minutes! It felt like we were taking to a family member, someone that’s known us our whole lives. By the end of the phone call we knew we wanted him to be part of our wedding. During our wedding he made us feel so comfortable and loved. Our wedding was a small hike up, and my mother and aunt are elderly. He gladly stayed behind with the guys to help my aunt get to the top. He also carried a few items for us to help out! Our family love him and kept saying how amazing it was having him with us, and how it felt like he’s know us forever. If you are looking for someone who makes that true and genuine connection with you and your fiancé, then look no further! He is the absolute best!!
  • Erin
    Erin Married on 09/25/2020

Officiant for our Wedding

We had our wedding in February 2021 - we had changed our plans due to COVID, but our wedding turned out better than we could have planned. A large part of that was due to Michael. He told our story better than we could and helped us express to our guests how important they were to us. We could not have found a better Pastor!
    Mason M. Married on 09/24/2020

The Best in Colorado

My wife and I are from Louisiana. We knew planning for a wedding out of state would be difficult, but planning it during COVID-19 had me kissing my hair goodbye. The only thing that did not change from our original wedding plans was our pastor.

Being from Louisiana, both of our meetings with Pastor Michael had to be over the computer. As soon as we met him, we knew we had hit the lotto. The guy is just so nice and relatable and figured out a way to have us express things about each other (and ourselves) that we would probably not have said otherwise.

When the day of the wedding finally came, we quickly realized that the home we were having it at was impossible to find. Everyone was lost. The caterer, guests, everybody. When Pastor Michael arrived, it was show time as soon as he stepped out of the car. He literally had to walk from his car to where we were about to make this commitment. My guy did not waver, he did not say he needed a minute. He walked right up and CRUSHED this wedding. Everyone was crying. I was crying so ugly, it was a mess. A man who had only spoken with us twice over a computer managed to treat us like we were some of his closest friends. It was by far the best wedding sermon I’ve ever heard.

Before he left, he told my family and I that he “did marriages, not weddings” and explained that if there was ever anything that we needed guidance through, he would be there no questions asked. I can’t speak for any other pastors in Colorado, but if you are still looking, save yourself some stress and get Pastor Michael. You won’t regret it.
  • Mason
    Mason M. Married on 09/24/2020

Best there is

When the day of the wedding finally came, we quickly realized that the home we were having it at was impossible to find. Everyone was lost. The caterer, guests, everybody. When Pastor Michael arrived, it was show time as soon as he stepped out of the car (no fault of his own). He literally had to walk from his car to where we were about to make this commitment. My guy did not waver, he did not say he needed a minute. He walked right up and CRUSHED this wedding. Everyone was crying. I was crying so ugly, it was a mess. A man who had only spoken with us twice over a computer managed to treat us like we were some of his closest friends. It was by far the best wedding sermon I’ve ever heard.

Emily B. Married on 09/12/2020

Thank you Michael! :)

My husband & I found Michael online & couldn’t be happier we did! We decided to do SYMBIS counseling within the months leading to our special day, led by Michael & his wife Diana, which we totally recommend! They made the process feel very relaxed & casual. They did an excellent job, and are such genuine people – always greeted us with smiles and big bear hugs. Michael also did a wonderful job officiating our wedding, he made our ceremony so special & perfect! We most definitely recommend him. Thank you again Michael & Diana! :)
  • Karli
    Karli E. Married on 09/09/2020

Best Officiant Ever!

Pastor Michael was truly AMAZING! After months of planning and redirecting (thanks, COVID), he was accomodating, encouraging and all around just incredible. He wrote a ceremony personalized to us -- as if he were our friend his whole life. It was beautiful -- and perfect -- and everything we wished it could be and more. On our wedding day, he was helpful and kind -- it ensured our nerves were calm. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone looking for an officiant.
  • Amy
    Amy H. Married on 09/05/2020

Highly recommend!

We feel so fortunate to have found Pastor Michael before our wedding! He is exactly what we were hoping to find - kind, personable, encouraging, and a man of strong faith. We loved his process of getting to know us, and were so impressed with the ceremony that he performed. Our families were touched with how perfectly he struck the balance of traditional and personal, and really worked in so many special (and funny) touches. He is someone that we hope to have in our lives for a long time! Can't recommend him enough!
  • Justin
    Justin C. Married on 08/07/2020

The Best Pastor. Period.

My wife and I actually found Pastor Michael from attending another wedding in Colorado a few months before we got engaged. Many times, Pastors or officiants are only talked about if something doesn’t go right or the bride or grooms name is said incorrectly (I have sadly seen this a few times at weddings). We left that wedding and couldn’t stop talking about Pastor Michael and figured, “that guy was so good he must have been my friend’s Uncle or family.” Turns out he wasn’t, but it goes to show you the time, effort, and genuine personality that Pastor Michael puts into his work. When interested in using Pastor Michael for our wedding, he invited us over to his home for a consultation and let us walk him through what we wanted our day to look like. Since the moment we met him to our wedding day, he has been authentic, professional, a mentor throughout the process, and a friend to both myself and my wife. Not only did we use Pastor Michael for the wedding day, but him and his wife offer pre-marital counseling through the, SYMBIS program (Save Your Marriage Before It Starts). My wife and I have signed up for the 6 session program and are 4 / 6 classes in so far. Pastor Michael and his wife have been amazing throughout this process and have given us great tools to help continue our already successful relationship. If you are looking for a Pastor for your big day, look no further!
    Haley B. Married on 07/24/2020

Pastor Michael is AMAZING!! Highly recommend!!

Pastor Michael was absolutely AMAZING!! He was so responsive during the entire process, and he is such a genuine and down to earth man. The day of our ceremony it was a little cold outside, he took his suit coat off and put it around me to keep me warm. We loved the fact, that he told us if there came a time in our marriage that we needed to confide in anyone outside of our family, that he would always be there for us and to help us with whatever we needed. The wedding ceremony that he performed was absolutely perfect! We loved that he took time to get to know us, and tied things about my husband and I’s relationship in the ceremony. He made it so personal and intimate, and that’s exactly how we wanted it. We also loved the fact that he prayed over us and blessed our marriage, that is huge to us and meant the world to us. I highly recommend Pastor Michael to anyone and everyone, he’s an amazing man and an amazing officiant!
  • Ginger
    Ginger B. Married on 07/19/2020

Absolutely PERFECT for Us!

We are so very glad to have met Pastor Michael and were blessed to have him as our Officiant! From the beginning it just felt right; he was professional yet easy to talk with, inquired about our story, listened attentively, took notes, and enjoyed getting to know us, as we did with him. The day of our wedding, Pastor Michael arrived early, made everyone feel comfortable, and truly did a tremendous job with our ceremony! We chose traditional vows, and included handfasting; he cleverly transitioned and eloquently captured the essence of our relationship, bringing even more to the ceremony than we had anticipated! Pastor Michael is a natural and we HIGHLY recommend him as an Officiant!!! (Plus he looks good in our photos!) Thank you, Pastor Michael!!!
    Kristen P. Married on 07/10/2020

Made our day extra special!!

Pastor Michael was simply the perfect person to marry my husband and I! He really took the time to get to know us and our story, and how we fit together as a couple. Our initial meeting was fantastic and fun, and we felt that he truly cared about us and making our wedding day even more wonderful. He took great care with us the day of the wedding, speaking with us both individually and my parents before to calm all of our nerves and get a greater sense of what we wanted. The ceremony was perfect: funny, meaningful, unique to us and our story and incorporated everything we wanted in a Christian ceremony and even things we didn’t even think about! We loved everything about it and appreciate everything Pastor Michael did for us! His calm and positive demeanor was very truly appreciated, and he even mailed our marriage license off to the courthouse for us that same day. Everyone at the ceremony said it was perfect and one of the most awesome ceremonies they had ever been to! We highly recommend Pastor Michael to anyone and everyone! With Covid he was also very flexible with us and made our new date, venue and very scaled down guest list work perfectly.
    If you are looking for a wedding pastor or officiant, look no further. He was honestly one of my favorite parts of our wedding! Thank you so much for everything Pastor Michael!!
    Deb S. Married on 07/02/2020

Fantastic!

Pastor Michael made our wedding day even more special!
  • Allison
    Allison H. Married on 06/14/2020

10/10 highly recommend!!

Pastor Michael really took the time to get to know us as a couple and made our ceremony so special! He was so personable, funny, faith oriented and the perfect match for our special day. I felt like I’ve known him for years!! I highly recommend pastor Michael for your wedding, you will not be disappointed. Thanks so much Pastor Michael!!
  • Jesikah
    Jesikah J. Married on 02/02/2020

Beyond Amazing

You ever just meet someone but they quickly give off the energy that you've known them for years? That has been the experience my husband and I had with Pastor Michael.
    As an out of state bride I was super nervous about selecting an amazing officiant. We wanted someone funny so the ceremony wasn't dry, someone who could walk us through pre marriage counseling, and someone who was walking with God. Pastor Micahel was all of this and more. We loved that Pastor Michael was always a text or call away, had invited us into his home to chat, did pre marriage sessions with us and included his lovely wife to have both perspectives via facetime and made our ceremony so specific to us.
    Everyone at our wedding had commented on how awesome our food and Pastor was and that alone is an amazing comparison.
    If you are a couple and searching for the best officiant your search stops here. Take the jump and book Pastor Michael; you won’t regret it.
    Erin Married on 09/28/2019

10/10 fantastic!!!

Michael was FANTASTIC! We were a destination wedding and he made time to FaceTime us, email us, meet us for the rehearsal and do everything possible to make the experience as amazing and personable as possible. We had multiple multiple guests coming up to us after the wedding asking specifically about him and raving about his words at our ceremony! 10/10!
  • Kathleen
    Kathleen F. Married on 09/22/2019

The Perfect Pastor to Join the Clans!

We were so blessed to have Pastor Michael join our lives together on September 22nd! Every word spoken reflected his commitment to making this day ours and a memory for a lifetime. He had listened to our hearts and crafted a ceremony that reflected our faith, our commitment to each other and to our families. Our ceremony revolved around the true joining of the “clans” and Pastor Michael helped us incorporate all of the Irish and Scottish traditions along with the special scriptures we had requested. We literally “tied the knot” with the tartan ribbons of each clan! We also had the special treat of having our son and daughter-in-law renew their vows at the end of our ceremony. Pastor Michael helped us make this a truly generational wedding for all in attendance! Our hearts are full of praise for a day that was perfect in every way!
  • Rachel
    Rachel M. Married on 09/21/2019

Incredible!!!!

We couldn’t have had a more incredible experience! Pastor Welchert shared our story to family and friend shared in a beautiful message. I can not express how happy I am that Michael was our officiant!
  • Courtney
    Courtney Married on 09/14/2019

Thompson Wedding

If you are looking for someone to make your wedding go from good to spectacular, you need to go visit with Pastor Michael!! We had a very special request to have our favorite song lyrics matched up with scripture and Pastor Michael didnt see a challenge, he saw a way to connect to us and make our big day that much more intimate and personal. He kept in fantastic contact with us through out his creative process in coming up with our ceremony material! I even got the sweetest email from Pastor Micheal the night before our wedding that brought me to tears! He visited with both myself and my husband before the ceremony and gave us a sense of comfort to calm our nerves. If I had to give Pastor Michael a score between 1-10 it would definitely be a 1 Million!!
  • megan
    Megan Married on 08/31/2019

Pastor Michael is wonderful!

Pastor Michael did a wonderful job officiating our wedding! Starting with the planning, he was always so organized and quick to respond. Michael and I even met with Pastor Michael for a "get to you us" / wedding planning meeting. This helped planning our ceremony smooth and personal to us! On the Wedding Day, Pastor Michael did a fabulous job leading the ceremony. He was engaging, funny, genuine, and heartfelt. Everyone enjoyed his officiating - especially Michael and I! Thank you for being a special part of our day, Pastor Michael!
  • Michelle
    Michelle R. Married on 08/24/2019

Amazing experience and highly recommend

My fiancé and I got married in Vail recently and Michael was our Pastor. He was simply amazing. His energy and the way he carried the ceremony was everything we wanted. Our photographer and even our guests were saying how awesome he was. I am so happy we found him and he was able to be a part of our day to make it that more special. He was simply the best
  • Bryce
    Bryce W. Married on 08/18/2019

Pastor Michael is the best!

Pastor Michael made our day run so smoothly and made us feel welcome throughout the entire experience! We were a long distance couple and found it hard to to find someone willing to work with our crazy schedules, and Pastor Michael went above and beyond. We highly recommend him to anyone looking for an officiant to make your ceremony extra special!
    Rana Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing pastor!

Pastor Mike was absolutely wonderful, I cannot recommend him enough! He was a wonderful officiant at our wedding and he truly listened to our story and relayed it in the most beautiful way possible, 10/10 would recommend him anytime! Thanks Pastor Mike!
    Mandy M. Married on 08/10/2019

Incredibly Amazing

From the moment we met Michael we knew he was the one for us!
    To be honest we knew after we read all of his amazing reviews, the meeting was just a bonus confirmation.
    He is so fun yet extremely professional. He made all of our guests feel so comfortable, and like they'd known him for years.
    He truly gets to know you as a couple which really meant a lot to us.
    We would absolutely recommend him!!