22 Reviews for Collective Perception Photography

One Event/Day (1)
Canvas (1)
Prints (1)
Proofs (1)

I can't thank Andrew and Lauren enough for everything they did for our wedding. The pictures they took came out amazing and the video was phenomenal. I thought we were going to have just a few good pictures to choose from, but we literally had thousands to pick from and they were all great! They caught so many of the moments we missed and the video brought back the best moments of our wedding to life. I can't recommend Collective Perception Photography enough. We look forward to using them again for when we have a baby!

Profile Picture David, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Andrew and his team took our engagement and wedding photos. He went above and beyond my expectations. Our photos are breathtaking! His attention to detail is what blew me away most. I was such a stressed out bride on the day of the wedding and most of the time I didn't even notice Andrew was snapping away. When we got our photos back, he managed to get every little moment and detail that I had wanted. The wedding only lasts 6 hours, but the pictures are what last forever and help you hold on to every second and every memory. Andrew and Lauren are just the team to make that happen for you! Also, his assistant Lauren is so fabulous to have around, she makes sure your hair is just right, your pose looks perfect, etc, while Andrew snaps away. Having her extra set of eyes really makes a difference! Look no further for the perfect photographer for any of life's special events.

Profile Picture Katie, 3/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter, Slideshow

My only advice is to book them! Collective Perception will get you the photos you are looking for and they are the absolute easiest vendor to work with. I had very unique requests and Andrew went above and beyond to give me even better results than I hoped for. I am sincerely inspired by his photos and I love how he was able to tell our story through his work. He and his wife, Lauren, are the absolute best!

Profile Picture Lane, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Slideshow

Andrew and his team are absolutely top notch! We worked with him, his assistance and his wife Lauren. Lauren is the perfect person for the small touches that complete a picture, his assistant has a great eye for unique shots and Andrew makes sure everything comes together into one amazing photo you will cherish forever. What I appreciated about Andrew was how receptive he was to my vision. I really feel like he catered his craft to make sure I was at ease. My wedding wasn't the easiest; combine a unique venue, windy afternoon, a dad that isn't a fan of pictures, large bridal party and everything in between; Andrew had his hands full. However, him and his team were so cool, calm and collected through it all, all the while making us laugh and feel so comfortable. When it comes to something as important as your wedding photos, look no further than Andrew & Collective Perception. Total rockstars, quick turnaround time, so friendly and just a delight to work with.

Profile Picture Caitlyn, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Canvas, Digital Files, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Second Shooter, Slideshow

My husband and I met Andrew at a bridal expo in October, 2 weeks after we got engaged. We knew, right off the bat that we loved his vibe, that he seemed like a genuine person, and how beautiful his work was. However, we all know those shows are overwhelming and there is A LOT to see. After looking around for a couple hours, I was exhausted and ready to go; thank goodness that my fiance suggested we go back to talk to "that one really nice photographer".
I honestly cannot imagine being happier with our engagement and wedding pictures. I cannot even keep track of the times that I have been told that our pictures look like something straight out of a wedding magazine.
For our engagement pictures, Andrew and Lauren spent 3 hours with us, walking around the park to make sure that we got the best pictures. Andrews eye for natural light is astounding.
The day of our wedding honestly probably wouldn't have gone as smoothly as it did, were it not for Andrew working with me to establish a time line and what we wanted pictures of. The team did an AMAZING job of making sure that we stayed on track and made the most of our time to capture perfect moments.

If it wasn't already such a treat to be able to work with such amazing people (and let's be honest, when it comes to weddings, there's a lot of people out there that just want to make a buck), being sent a zip drive with all of the photos from our wedding, all for me to see and pick from...I mean, you just can't get that from anyone.

Andrew and his team were completely amazing, and I'm forever thankful that my (now) husband had a "feeling" that we should go back and talk to them at the bridal show that day.

Profile Picture Violet, 11/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Slideshow, Digital Files

Andrew and his team did such amazing work, our engagement photos and wedding pictures were just simply amazing! We couldn't have asked for a better team to work with! Thank you guys so much for capturing out big day! We love all of our photos!

Profile Picture Brooke, 5/9/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

The collective perception husband and wife duo are simply outstanding. Confident yet Humble, this pair knows how to produce photography that will surprise and amaze you. The fun and down to earth demeanor that this couple exudes during the photo shoot lends itself to naturalistic, candid photos that capture true happiness and love. The bridal party was running late, of course, but Andrew, Lauren and his assistant photographer Stephanie made it work and you would never know from the photos. Not a moment of our wedding was missed, including the shots shots shots! The photos are such a great reminder of The beauty and happiness that surrounded our wedding day. We are forever greatful! Highly recommended team!

Profile Picture Abbie, 8/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We could not be any happier with the photos you guys took for us! They are amazing. I have no idea how I will narrow them down for an album as we are pleased with so many of them. You captured so many special moments, we are really able to re-live the emotions of our wedding day through these photos. I will refer you to as many people as I can and we will absolutely be calling you again for future milestones in our lives that we want photographed. You have given us the greatest gift from our wedding day, we are so thankful. We appreciate it guys!

Profile Picture Melissa, 5/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I hardly know where to begin with Andrew at CP Photography. He and his wife Lauren were so incredible to work with and we dragged these guys all over to get the pictures we wanted, and they took such great care of us!! Andrew was super responsive to all emails and phone calls, I also loved that they were so laid back and low stress.

First, we wanted two locations for our engagement shoot. We wanted to include our dog at a park and then head to Disneyland for more pictures because that's where we got engaged. Andrew and Lauren were happy to oblige. Our dog LOVED both of them which was a huge plus, they were so great with him and managed to pose all three of us quite successfully. The same day, we headed to Disneyland. They braved a ridiculous number of people and managed to get some beautiful shots in the park that made it look like we were the only people there.

Next, the wedding. They showed up on time and ready to go. Our family pictures went as smoothly and efficiently as our families would allow. Andrew was a ninja, I had people asking where our photographer was when they thought he was missing some great opportunity for a picture, but I had seen him snapping photos long before they'd even asked. I can't wait to see them!

We got our engagement pictures back very quickly. We've only been married about a week, so we haven't seen the wedding pictures yet, but I have no doubts that they are better than we could have asked for. The pricing is incredibly reasonable. What I love most is that after paying for the photography, we didn't also have to buy the images, they were included. We got two CDs of ALL our engagement pictures - one color and one of some of the images in black and white. Both CDs had two folders - one with the full, high resolution images for printing and whatever else, and one scaled down for social media uploads. How cool is that?! I love, love, LOVE CP Photography and highly recommend them to everyone.

Profile Picture Kristen, 4/26/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

There are not enough words to express my gratitude to Andrew and Lauren of Collective Perception Photography! They shot our wedding this past October right out side of Yosemite and WOW!!! The photos are ABSOLUTELY amazing!! The attention to detail, lighting, flexibility and professionalism is top notch! They are so much fun to work with and made each shot a priority. I could not have asked for more!! We definitely recommend them and will be using them in the future!! Thank you again!!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Loved working with this friendly, laid back husband-wife team. They seemed genuinely excited to work with our somewhat offbeat theme, and were a great value for the amazing service and photos we received. Would highly recommend.

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/11/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Andrew and his wife Lauren were the very definition of professional. From the engagement photos, to the pre-wedding shoot all the way through the last dance of the night, Andrew was covering all angles. There didn't seem to be a guest that they didn't manage to photograph. The quality of the pictures was superb and presented conveniently on multiple DVD's in both color and black and white for our convenience. I have yet to print the pictures but the high resolution will certainly prove to be beneficial even for large prints. I have already recommended their services to a co-worker because of our delight with how everything turned out.

Profile Picture Patrick, 6/16/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I worked with Andrew for our June 2, 2012 wedding and can't praise him enough! I found his website last fall and was immediately impressed with his range of skills--his portraits are breathtakingly beautiful, but his website also includes gorgeous nature photography. We planned our California wedding from our home in Wisconsin, and communicating with Andrew via email and phone was never a problem--he was always friendly and quick to reply. We chose not to do an engagement session because of the distance issue, but we were able to meet with Andrew and his wife once before our wedding. They were very flexible and accommodating to our schedule, and he even took the time to visit our venue before the wedding to familiarize himself with the location!

On the day of the wedding, Andrew arrived right on time and immediately started shooting--I (the bride) was sitting in a makeup chair and was so impressed with his organization and poise. We had a long day of photography at two different locations, but Andrew and his wife never stopped smiling! We had 10 people in our wedding party plus numerous family members that we wanted to involve in posed photos, and Andrew and his wife patiently helped us get everyone in the right place at the right time.

The photos are absolutely stunning! Our ceremony was outdoors on an overcast day, but all of the photos pop with color. The ceremony photographs are simply beautiful, and he captured our reception perfectly. It was such a pleasure to look through the reception photos and see all of the little moments that had slipped my mind captured in photos!

Like I said, I can't recommend Andrew enough. We have nothing but positive things to say about his photography, and he is a pleasure to work with!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 6/2/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I know it can be hard to believe when some one gives a vendor 5/5. I am able to this with complete confidence. The quality of service provided by Collective Perception Photography was fantastic! All emails were quickly responded to. The professionalism was great. All locations were scouted out ahead of time by the photographer, and were FANTASTIC. The value is unheard of...and this is probably because they are a newer company...but the photos speak for themselves. Once we saw our Engagement photos, I was 100% convinced that we had made the right decision by choosing them for our special day.

Profile Picture Amber, 11/26/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

One tip for brides is to try as much as possible to select a nice fresh day to take pictures when taking pictures outside. Also,to not be afrtaid and mention any poses you have in mind for your pictures. Andrew and his wife rate a 5/5 well deserved. Both are a joy to work with, and have great artist initiative. Andrew will capture pictures that one desires as well as suprise you with "in the moment" shots while his wife looks at crucial details. Both work extremely hard and do not mind going the extra mile for their costumer's satisfaction.Their prices are very reasonable and we would never hesitate to recomend them for any occasion.Thank you Andrew and Lauren!

Profile Picture Helio, 7/9/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Andrew and Lauren are a fantastic team. They work together, they worked with us, they really know what they are doing. The engagement pictures and the wedding pictures we received back are amazing. Andrew caught every moment. Nothing was overlooked. They are so creative and it really shows in his work. We couldn't be more thrilled or more pleased with our experience with them. The price was so reasonable which made it an offer we couldn't refuse. And we got our pictures back so fast. They made us feel just so comfortable and relaxed. We thank them from the bottom of our hearts.

Profile Picture amber, 5/21/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Andrew Helwich and his wife made a lovely team for our wedding. They were easy to work with and had a awesome style of photography. Their affordable prices added icing on the cake. Highly recommended. We absolutely love how everything turned out!!

Profile Picture Carly, 3/6/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Andrew and his wife Lauren were a joy to work with. We had them do our engagement photos in downtown Los Angeles in December 2010, and were so pleased with the outcome. While Andrew is busy making sure the lighting and lenses are perfect (his equipment is fantastic), Lauren is making sure WE look perfect, which makes for a great team and great photos! We took a variety of pictures in various poses and locations on Grand Ave., which was wonderful because we ended up with so many options to choose from. The best photos were from "the magic hour," aka sunset, so I recommend sticking around until after dark to make sure you take advantage of the magic as well. If you hire CPP for your engagement, wedding, or family photos, you won't regret it! Here is the link to our pictures from his blog:

Profile Picture Larissa, 1/11/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I am a wedding planner. As someone who does weddings for a living I know the ins and outs of what can go wrong. When I booked Andrew i was familiar with his work. I had recommended him to several clients because of the postivie reviews we always got back when people used him. While I knew when I booked him I would not be disappointed, I was curious to see him in action. Andrew did an amazing job! He was punctual and had everything planned ( Which is definetly a plus for me!!). He went out of his way to make sure he didnt miss anything! He was very patient and worked well with us. Andrew always made sure we werehappy. He followed our list to a tee and did not miss one shot that we wanted. The best part of all was that his prices were great!! We were very happy with his services and we will definetly use him again in the future for any of our photography needs. From now he will be the only photographer I recommend to others. Highly Recommended!!

Profile Picture Kathy, 5/9/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I were married in March 2010. Andrew was recommended to us through a friend. Our wedding was a backyard BBQ with an emphasis on family and close friends. Andrew was able to capture that through his lens. We are so impressed with how all of our pictures came out. I pretty much gave him a list of who I wanted in our pictures (i.e. parents, siblings) and told him to be creative with the rest. He definitely did that. I have one of my husband and I on my desk and it still makes me smile to see how he captured how we felt that day and our vibe. He did an amazing job. Highly recommended!!!

Profile Picture Brandi, 3/20/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Andrew did engagement pictures for my husband and I just about a year ago, now. We knew we definitely had a crazy idea--To drive around L.A. and take pictures in front of lots of our favorite concert venues. Our eventual plan was to use these pictures as table names at our wedding. Andrew was a PRO. We had my Dad be our getaway driver who dropped us off in front of each venue, and Andrew snapped our picture in front of SO many places. The shots turned out AMAZINGLY. We even snuck into the Hollywood Bowl and took a picture on the stage. We pretended to be rock stars, and Andrew got the exact shot we wanted in ONE take. He made everything easy, and our pictures turned out BEAUTIFUL. Andrew has an eye for photography, and he knows exactly what he's doing.

Profile Picture Jen, 4/18/09, 11 Reviews