Coastline Studios Reviews

56 | Grand Rapids, MI

56 Reviews for Coastline Studios

Jackson Riggen · Married on 09/01/2018

Great Videographers!

Coastline Studios shot our wedding film, and my wife and I could not have been more pleased! They catered to our needs and fulfilled exactly what we were looking for in video that captured our special day. They were great at blending in, most people don't even remember seeing them there! On top of that they were polite and efficient, and made the most of the time we spent together on that day. We would both highly recommend reaching out to them if you need someone to shoot your wedding video!

Sent on 04/11/2019
  • Jill

Jill · Married on 07/21/2018

Wedding Videographer

Coastline was amazing to work with! We did a cinematic package and I am obsessed with the trailer and the video. At first we were hesitant due to the pricing but it was totally worth every penny in the end. The crew was so nice and kind to work with. They were so great and barely noticeable while capturing all of our special moments that day. I feel bad I did not thank them enough when they left. I think the cinematic coverage is definitely worth it so you can have a thorough coverage and film. My only regret is in retrospect I would have paid for an extra hour or two for them to stay until the very end of our reception.

Sent on 01/06/2019

Matt C · Married on 06/30/2018

Highly recommend!!!

Coastline did an amazing job with our wedding and they were a pleasure to work with through our entire process. The videographers blended right into the wedding party as if they were just a couple more guests at the wedding and the editors pulled together a perfect keepsake for us to remember our wedding day. I would highly recommend Coastline Studios!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Jacqueline · Married on 07/30/2016

Coastline is the best of the best. We are totally impressed by their big business look/small business feel. The quality of the video is more than we could have ever pictured (and we are VERY picky about videography). After seeing the video for the first time, we couldn't find anything to critique. Coastline tied our story into our wedding so flawlessly. We didn't even realize they were at our wedding (I was actually worried they weren't filming, but it turns out they captured every detail without anyone noticing!) Absolutely impressed. Don't hesitate to book with Coastline- you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 01/31/2017

Jake · Married on 12/18/2015

I have never seen professionalism and passion come together as well as it did with coastline studios. Everyone on the team was not only top notch at their craft, but extremely easy to interact with and genuinely a pleasure to have around on our wedding day. From start to finish the coastline team was helpful, pleasant, easy to be around and very passionate about preserving our wedding day the best way it could be. If you are looking to capture every moment and have the chance to relive the best day of your life over and over again... Coastline Studios is the absolute top choice.

Sent on 12/29/2015

Ania · Married on 09/26/2015

It's hard to believe that our wedding was 3 month ago already. Oh, what a day it was. Crazy busy running around, making sure that everything is ready for our family's and our guests. With this kind of pace of a day it's very hard to stop to enjoy all the special moments that are happening around you and have the ability to truly appreciate them.

John and his team make sure that with all the noise and chaos that was happening on that day we will have all of those special moments captured and enjoyed for many years to come. Professionalism, attention to details, personalization, creativity, humor, ability to capture emotions and feelings are just a few skill sets you will get when you hire John and his amazing team. Although, we live in Chicago and didn't personally meet John till the wedding day. As soon as we introduced ourselves that morning, it felt like we knew him and the crew for a very long time. Each and every member of the team made us feel very comfortable, relaxed, and worry free. Priceless feelings, if you ask me.

We can't wait for our full wedding day video, however after watching our trailer (multiple times ;) we are sure it will be simply the best :)! Thank you Coastline Studios for all of your hard work. We are wishing you all a Happy New Year and many, many years of success! Cheers :)!

Sent on 12/30/2015

Ryan · Married on 09/25/2015

Coastline Studios blew us away at how amazing they were. My wife and I decided that we wanted videography/cinematography to be a high priority for our wedding and our expectations were pretty high going into it and Coastline exceeded them and more. John and his team were very professional and will work with you and will produce the movie and trailer that you are dreaming about. The trailer that they did for us was so magical and emotional that it brought both of our families to tears at how great it was at detailing the day. I would recommend Coastline Studios to anyone that is interested in cinematography/videography for their wedding, they were amazing.

Sent on 12/28/2015

Erik · Married on 08/30/2015

Words cannot explain the magic John and the Coastline Studios create for you. They are the most professional, most artistic and most creative group involved in creating a video diary of your special day. I am still getting phone calls, texts and emails about how touching our trailer was... and we don't even have the final video yet. I still am in disbelief in the moments that they captured. Please go on their website or their facebook and see for yourself. But I can guarantee this, hiring Coastline Studios to capture the living history of your wedding will bring your day to a completely different level. Thank you Coastline for being there for Craig and I. Your kindness, professionalism and love for what you do shines in all of your work.

Sent on 12/19/2015

Ashley · Married on 06/20/2015

Jon and everyone at Coastline are amazing people that provide excellent products!
    We were very hesitant at first to book a videographer solely because of the cost. We didn't think the video justified the amount of money we would spend on the crew. HOWEVER, we recant our original thoughts ten fold.We could not be happier with the trailer we have already gotten and cannot wait to see the full length video in a couple months!
    It was nice that the payments were broken up into three installments. The first payment is due when booking (completely understandable), the second payment is due a week or two before the wedding (like most of the other vendors) and the final payment is due 6 months after the wedding when you get the final video. It was nice to have the option to break it up in these installments so it is not just one lump sum.
    The crew arrived at the church around 10:30am and started shooting right away. They stayed with us on the party bus and at the reception until about 8:30pm. They set up and took all the footage without us barely noticing them. We did the Cinema package which gave us the Jib...Our priest and guests actually made comments about flying saucers inside the church. But it was more of entertainment than a hassle. They were all a pleasure to be around! We would recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 07/25/2015

Kaitlyn · Married on 06/13/2015

I cannot speak more highly of Coastline Studios and their entire team. They are friendly, professional, and best of all, they enjoy what they do. They make it known they want to capture what you want, not what they think should be captured, and they do a wonderful job making you feel at ease with the entire process. Kate helped with all the behind the scenes/business aspect and John met with me in person to get to know me and my husband so he knew us on a more personal level day of. Not only was this helpful for John and his team, but it put me more at ease knowing how genuine John was and knowing he really wanted to create something special for us.
    I was hesitant to book a videographer because let's face it, it's expensive! I was married in mid June and thus far we have only received our trailer, and I have to admit just the trailer is worth the money. It made me laugh, cry, and gave me goosebumps...and it was under 4 minutes :) At this point I can't imagine what the longer version will be like, but to say the least..I am VERY excited for it!
    My husband and I talked about whether the cost was worth the product, and ultimately decided that it's a day we'll only experience once and having it in video form would be a special memento. It's a way for us to look back on our magical day, and is something we will be able to share with our families now and in the future. Payments are due in segments which makes it easier to break up the cost. One payment is due when the contract is signed, another is due a month out from the event, and the final payment is due 4-6 months after.
    Booking Coastline was one of the hardest decisions we made because of the cost, but was the BEST decision we made because of the memories they captured. Your big day will fly by, so take my advise and book them on your event! Let them capture the moments you will so quickly forget otherwise. It's truly something we will forever treasure.
    THANK YOU JOHN AND THE COASTLINE TEAM!! WE LOVE YOU!

Sent on 07/28/2015

Jordan · Married on 08/16/2014

### On Budget

One of our priorities for our budget was on a top-quality videographer. We knew that would probably cost us but we didn't mind.

Easy to say until it becomes crunch time and all those bills are due, and oh yeah -- you have a wedding to attend.

Coastline removed that hassle right away by breaking the total up into 3 manageable chunks.

### On Day Of

Working with them leading up to the day, and during the day of our wedding was a joy. I definitely leaned on their calm demeanor when my nerves got the best of me.

Having somebody so composed around was fantastic.

### Quality

After reviewing their portfolio I knew that Coastline would do a fantastic job, but we didnt anticipate the impact our own video would have on us -- or perfect strangers.

After we received our preview video gobs of people we barely knew came up to us to tell us that they watched our preview video and started bawling!

### The Jib

This was so cool to have, we had a "gaggle" of ringbearers run down the isle. It was like the running of bulls but with babies. Without the jib it probably would have been impossible to capture.

### Summary

Many of my friends have gotten married in the past several years, and nobody has been as impressed with their videographers as we are with Coastline. I cannot recommend their work enough.

Sent on 11/06/2014

Coastline Studios was absolutely amazing! My husband and I hadn't originally planned to have a videographer at our wedding until we saw some samples from Coastline, and we are so glad we did. Coastline's entire team was professional while at the same time making you feel like they were old friends. There was not a single moment the whole day that I felt uncomfortable. I barely even noticed them or their equipment filming. They go out of their way to really get to know the bride and groom so that their wedding film is a complete reflection of that couple. We love our teaser trailer and can't wait for the full length film!!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Jerry · Married on 07/05/2014

There isn’t one negative thing I can think about when it came to working with Coastline. From the first visit to the final product, these guys are the real deal! We couldn’t be any happier having chosen them to do our wedding video. Not only are they a joy to work with but their professionalism is astounding. Having a great videographer and photographer were at the top of both of our lists, therefore we both spent a lot of time researching and watching as many wedding videos as we could. From the first moment I witnessed a 2 minute Coastline trailer, I was sold! They were able to capture the important moments as well as the small details during our wedding day that we didn’t even know existed! They throw a cinematic twist to wedding videos that we didn’t even think could be possible and the fact that you’re able to have a “jib”…. it felt like we were on a Hollywood set! Throughout our wedding day, they’re organization and positive outlook made us feel not only comfortable and relaxed but it almost felt like they weren’t even there. Even the months leading up to our big day, they always stayed in contact. Many emails and phone conversations were had asking us questions, our opinions on specific details and a few questionnaires to be certain they gave us the best possible product! I would HIGHLY recommend these guys and you better act fast! These guys are becoming quite the hot commodity so book them before they are booked up! We lucked out! Thanks guys!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Nancy · Married on 06/28/2014

Coastline did the videography for my daughter and son-in-laws wedding, and they did a fantastic job. The teaser is amazing and can't wait to see the final production! They captured so many small details that you forget about! Their video will be enjoyed for years to come!

Sent on 12/18/2014

Shelby · Married on 06/27/2014

Coastline Studios was amazing on our wedding day. They made us feel really comfortable and I forgot they were even there while getting ready. They make sure to capture everything including the littlest details. They are flexible, very professional and I felt like I had known them a long time even though I had never meet most of the guys! I can not wait to see our teaser, trailer and the final product. I am so glad I spent a little extra money to have these guys capture our big day in a way that will have us watching it over and over! Thank you, Coastline!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Libby · Married on 10/12/2013

I will admit that videography was not initially at the top of my list in importance when it came to our wedding day. Coastline's stunning work completely changed my mind! I could not be happier that we booked our wedding videography with them, as they captured our day in one of the most perfect ways possible. We were very impressed with the professionalism of their team and how seamlessly they worked together. John took extensive time with us prior to the wedding to ensure that our video would truly reflect our personalities and interests. Once I saw the wedding trailer, I could not believe how perfect it was for us. I would recommend watching their "behind the scenes" videos to get a better idea of how they work with you on your wedding day, as well as everything that goes into producing the final product. We will be forever grateful to Coastline for their beautiful work!

Sent on 01/06/2014

Chelsey · Married on 09/28/2013

In all sincerity,we could not have been more elated to have had the staff at coastline be a part of our day. John was prompt to answer any and all questions we had leading up to the day which was so helpful during such a busy time in our lives. John, Jay & Brandon made the trip to the opposite side of the state to film our day. They all were unbelievably friendly,warm,and a pure delight to have with us that day. Coastline went above and beyond our expectations in making us feel entirely comfortable. We both agree, we found some sort of comfort and security in having the coastline staff there that day, as if we had a brand new group of friends who wanted to make our day as special as it could be.The moments we spoke with coastline individually brought a sense of calm and groundedness to a day that we both know could have been entirely overwhelming.Even with a crew of three and a lot of equipment, they were never in the way and yet somehow, their presence made the day go that much smoother. Planning a wedding on a budget, we had to manuever our funds (having a homemade cake and using minimal, in-season fresh flowers, and bargaining at thrift stores for decor) in order to afford coastline, but they were one of the best decision we made. In addition, they break up the overall cost of their time and talents into payments that are spread out, one coming even after the wedding- incredibly helpful when most venders must be paid in full prior to the day of.We cannot say enough about this company and how amazing they are to work with. We received our trailer today (beautifully edited by Rebecca), and couldn't be happier. While we are patiently awaiting our film, we are amazed at what she was able to fit into a 4 minute preview! Thank you coastline for not only capturing the happiest day of our lives on film, but for also making the day itself so flawlessly smooth and comfortable!You all are amazing talented and we would recommend you to everyone! http://vimeo.com/77219643

Sent on 10/18/2013

Jen · Married on 09/21/2013

I cannot begin to tell you how impressed I was with Coastline Studios on my wedding day. We have yet to see the film, however I know it will be most incredible.

John, the Owner was personally so hands on. He and his staff were incredible professionals. They were not intrusive at all, yet got the best shots. They were kind and respectful and made me feel so comfortable during an emotionally charged day.

I highly recommend Coastline Studios, just look at their film on their website!! They are genius filmmakers!!

Sent on 10/04/2013

Adam · Married on 08/18/2013

As a professional myself with many high expectations of the people I work with, I rarely extend my highest admiration and support, but with Coastline Studios it is easy for me to do! You will not find a more talented, professional, and pleasant video productions company than Coastline Studios. They helped me transform my wild and crazy ideas for an event into a reality that far surpassed even my highest expectations. They were always on time, always ready, and captured shots so beautiful that make Hollywood movies look like amateur productions. From the initial consultation to the final screening of our video, Coastline Studios consistently impressed me. There were several productions companies that I spoke with on the phone from all around the country as candidates to film my event, but Coastline became the obvious choice for me very quickly. They will always go the extra mile for you and create a product that will blow your mind. Even though I could talk endlessly about their unmistaken high level of professionalism, the element that captivated me the most was their unparalleled ability to capture emotions and transport the viewer back into the event, so that the viewer can genuinely relive the experience. For weddings, I can't imagine what you could want more than that. There are so many beautiful emotions and spectacular moments on a wedding day, and THAT is after all what matters most. Coastline Studios will capture them ALL. We will be watching our video our entire lives, and we couldn't be more grateful to Coastline Studios for creating it for us. When you hire Coastline Studios, you are hiring the best. I will recommend them for as long as I live! THANK YOU COASTLINE STUDIOS!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 08/29/2013

Laura · Married on 08/10/2013

If you are looking for the best videographers to capture your wedding or event, Coastline Studios is for you. I will never forget the moment I watched the video they made for the first time, because I felt like I was watching a hollywood movie, but it was about me. It captured the feeling and emotions of all of the biggest moments in the most incredible ways. I'm sure lots of videographers can film your day and get the important moments on camera, but will they be able to capture the true essence and feel of those moments? I honestly feel like I've become one of Coastline Studios biggest advocates, because the way they film events will blow anyone's mind. They match-up the shots with music in beautiful ways, and will do everything they can think of to get the best shots possible. I could go on and on about their talents and their artistic vision, but I also gotta leave some more personal comments about them. You will not find a group of more kind, more compassionate, and more committed professionals than the people at Coastline Studios. They made us laugh, asked us for our priorities and ideas, and always made whatever ideas we had even better. You will NEVER be disappointed with them. They are simply the BEST. They go out of their way to create the best product they can possibly come up with, and their best product is better than anyone else's. They capture the feeling of your event better than you could ever imagine, and every time you revisit it, you will not only be reminded of the scenery, you will relive all of the feelings and emotions. Even a complete stranger will be moved by watching your video, I promise! I've showed the video they made for us to people at my work, even people I don't know well, and it makes everyone tear up and smile and laugh. You can't go wrong with these guys. I give them my highest recommendation. Thank you for capturing our day like a hollywood movie. I will enjoy watching it all my life!!!!

Alex · Married on 08/03/2013

I can’t stress enough the importance of having a wedding video. I’ll start by explaining that it starts with a team of people documenting every single little detail and then weaving it into a masterpiece of emotion that you get to keep forever. In a few months we will get to sit down and relive the fairytale again…and again and again for the rest of our lives. I will also stress the blessing of being able to share the wedding with the loved ones that could not be there.

The Coastline team is unbelievably talented and truly dedicated to the pursuit of excellence. I’m on the video side of advertising and I knew I was going to be picky about our wedding video. I researched dozens of options and Coastline was hands-down the best in Michigan. These Guys are true artists behind the camera AND in the editing studio. Lots of videographers have great equipment and an eye for composition. Some videographers have fantastic style and technique. But then it boils down to a small select group of videographers like Coastline Studios who are a cut above the rest. At this level you find a team of artists that are able to sit down time and time again and tell a fresh wedding story with such elegance and emotion that it causes perfect strangers to tear up.

Everybody told me that the day was going to come and go in the blink of an eye and I was bound and determined to not let that happen. But it did. And though I took moments to step back and soak it all in, it was impossible to be in a million places at once. The great news is coastline captured it all. They captured the “I do’s” and the first kiss of course. But they also captured the breeze off the lake, twirls on the dance floor, the looks, the hugs, and the tears. How can you possibly fit so much love and excitement, not to mention 200 loved ones, into one single day? The answer is deep breathing, a good pair of flats, and most definitely Coastline Studios.

Thank you so much John, Nate, Jay, and Rebecca! You Guys are the best!

Keith · Married on 08/03/2013

I was a wedding disc jockey for 26 years and worked with many videography companies over the years. We hired Coastline Studios for my daughter's wedding and I can tell you that I have never experienced a more professional, capable, and creative team in all of my professional career! Their team was a joy to work with! Although we have not seen the final Wedding Film, the Theatrical Wedding Trailer was outstanding! Coastline Studios is well worth the money and you will absolutely re-live the emotion of your day every time you watch the film.

Jay · Married on 07/20/2013

My name is Jay Kadlec, newly married and loving it! Abigail and I were married July 20th and Coastline studios was there to film our wedding. Now, I may be a little biased, because I have actually done work for Coastline…but they were fantastic, covered every event, and made sure to only check in with me when needed. Abigail and I are crazy excited to get our hands on the footage! I know it will all be excellent :)

It was a little weird for me to be on the other side of the camera, because I’m so used to ‘staying out of the shot’, but I quickly got over it. I’m super curious to see Abigail’s bride prep and her reaction to the cameras. Once I was used to the lenses being aimed at me, I felt like a rockstar! And when everything started happening (the Ceremony and Reception), I honestly forgot they were even there! Filmaking ninjas would be an apt term for the Coastline Crew. The three moments I’m most excited to see are our first kiss (of course), our entrance to the Reception (rode in on a suped up golf cart), and our dance up on the ridge (with all of the countryside in the background)…

It was the best day of our life and both Abigail and I are super glad to have had Coastline there to film it! Now our friends and family (including the ones who couldn’t make it) can see it, and one day, even our children will be able to see their mom and dad getting hitched! - Thank you for everything Coastline!”

Sent on 08/14/2013

Abigail · Married on 07/20/2013

Coastline Studios did an excellent job of filming our wedding! They were non-intrusive and captured the big moments of our day as well as smaller details that we would have never known about if they hadn't been there. They were professional and prepared, which made me feel that everything was going smoothly overall.

Sent on 08/22/2013

Rebecca · Married on 05/31/2013

Coastline was absolutely great! They captured so many little, special moments in our day, and will help us remember our day perfectly forever. They were on time, and made me feel very comfortable in front of the camera. Technically, they blew me away, and I could not be happier with my trailer, and can't wait to see my full film!

Sent on 07/24/2013