Cleveland Music Group Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Mitchell A. Married on 03/19/2022

Flexible, Knowledgeable, and Professional

Scott was phenomenal. We needed to postpone our celebration to over a year later due to Covid. Scott worked with us, was flexible with his time, and didn't try charge us extra to move like a lot of our vendors. We had a Jewish wedding and he was great. Knew the traditions, kept us on track. I received a ton of compliments from friends about his music selection and mixes as well. Overall great experience and I would recommend him in a heartbeat.

Cleveland Music Group's reply:

Thanks for the love and amazing review Mitchell. It was a pleasure working with you and Melissa. Thanks for having me. It was a blast. Best Wishes & Congrats. - Scott
    Kristen C. Married on 01/08/2022

Awesome DJ!

Very professional, easy to work with, involved us in music selection, and knew how to get everyone up and dancing! Also did an excellent job with the sound system/acoustics at our venue

Cleveland Music Group's reply:

Hi Kristen: Thanks for using CLE Music Group & DJ Chris Wallace. We can't thank you enough for your amazing review. From all of us here at CLE Music Group....Best Wishes & Congrats - Scott.
    Erin L. Married on 01/02/2022

Lawless/Luy Wedding

Wow! The avenue exceeded all of our expectations. They were wonderful! We had a "covid" wedding, so formal dancing was not permitted on a dance floor, however, we were allowed to dance at/near our tables and chairs. No one would have known a dance floor was not needed to have such an amazing night. The Avenue made the wedding day feel completely normal and full of energy. Everyone was up and dancing near their seats and having an amazing time. We owe that all to the amazing band! Tiffany was so responsive and helpful in the planning purposes beforehand. Truly, in every way, they were amazing. We received countless calls and texts the day and week after mentioning how much they enjoyed the singers, instrumentalists, and live band as a whole. We can't thank them enough!!

Cleveland Music Group's reply:

OMG! You're amazing! Thanks for leaving this rave review here on Wedding Wire too! It was truly an honor to celebrate with you and your families! Best Wishes! - (Scott / The Avenue & CLE Music Group)
  • Joshua
    Joshua H. Married on 12/18/2021

A perfect wedding weekend, thanks to CLE

Scott & team were absolutely perfect all weekend. We hired Nate Jones to play guitar at our rehearsal dinner, Ginni Dickinson for harp at our ceremony, Dave Kasper to play throughout our wedding day, Scott Jones to DJ our reception and DJ London Bridges to play our after party. All musicians went above and beyond in playing the exact kind of music we wanted and giving us the exact vibe we were looking for. The dance floors were packed each and every step of the way and we're so thankful to the group for giving us the weekend of our dreams. More importantly, Scott Jones is a consummate professional who certainly stepped outside of his job description to help us with planning and details around our events. Scott was always available for a chat and always provided a calming guidance, even in the most stressful periods of planning. On the day of our wedding, despite setting up to play his music, Scott also made sure to help us make sure our run of show was on track and kept everything moving. Thank you to all of CLE for making our wedding weekend so special

Cleveland Music Group's reply:

OMG - your reviews just keep making me smile! Thanks for everything Zoe & Josh. You two put on one heck of celebration. It was an honor to be the conduit for the music & entertainment. Thanks for having us - Scott
    Ali A. Married on 12/04/2021

Incredible Band!!!

Book this band!!! The Orchestra band from Cleveland Music Group was the life of the party at our wedding. Amazing set list, sound and vocals. All of our guests were so impressed and they made the evening special.

Cleveland Music Group's reply:

Thanks for your amazing review Ali. We can't thank you enough for trusting CLE Music Group & "The Orchestra" to provide your wedding music. Best Wishes & Congrats! - Scott
  • Carey
    Carey Married on 11/20/2021

DJ PJ and Cle Music Group are bomb!

I would like to praise DJ PJ Carmack for his work as our Emcee/DJ at our wedding. He listened to all my questions, comments and concerns about the music and developed a great playlist that I was extremely happy with. I even went as far as to write him a large list of must play songs and he made sure they were all played! He kept people on the dance floor and always had a smile on his face. He made sure my husband and I kept to the wedding timeline as best as possible and politely would tell us when the next event needed to happen. The time flies by so quickly and it was nice that someone was keeping track because I sure wasn't! The music and DJ really do make or break the wedding I think and I'm so glad PJ was able to be with us for our wedding. He is also the most responsive vendor we hired. He made it super easy to get a hold of him! Thanks again PJ!!

Cleveland Music Group's reply:

Carey: Thanks for your amazing review of DJ PJ and CLE Music Group. It was an honor and a ton of fun to work with you and your family. From all of us here at CLE Music Group, CONGRATS! - Scott.
  • Suzanne
    Suzanne C. Married on 10/23/2021

Very Professional

Scott was an exceptional DJ from start to finish! He came highly recommended and we were so excited to work with him. He was the perfect emcee for our event and kept people dancing all night. We had so much fun. He is very professional, detailed, and a pleasure to work with. We highly recommend Cleveland Music Group!

Cleveland Music Group's reply:

You guys are the best! Thanks for leaving your review here on Wedding Wire as well. I wish you all the best! Cheers - Scott
  • Caroline
    Caroline T. Married on 10/02/2021

Best DJ Ever!

I can not even begin to thank Scott for the wonderful job that he did DJing our wedding. There was a great mix of music and the dance floor was full the entire time. I appreciate that Scott made himself part of the event. He was out on the dance floor during ceremonial events such as the anniversary dance. The night was magical, and I know that Scott was a huge part of that. He was the best DJ out of any wedding or event that I have ever attended. I highly recommend working with Scott. You will not regret it!

Cleveland Music Group's reply:

What a night it was! Thanks for having me play such an important roll during your celebration. Best Wishes & Congrats! Hope to see you again in the future - Scott
  • Jane
    Jane H. Married on 09/25/2021

Cleveland Music Group - The Avenue was amazing!

We worked with Cleveland Music Group to book The Avenue for our wedding and they did an amazing job. The band leader was attentive and responsive in the couple of weeks leading up to the wedding. The MC did a great job and was even able to work with my parents to do a "surprise" for us after the father and bride dance. During and after the wedding, we had a number of our guests come up to tell us how amazing they were. They sounded like the real thing! Thank you Cleveland Music Group and The Avenue for making our night so special!

Cleveland Music Group's reply:

THANK YOU - Thank you - THANK YOU! Love your review of CLE Music Group & "The Avenue". Thanks so much. Tiffany and I will be sure to share your thoughts with the rest of the band. Best Wishes - Scott
    Emily F. Married on 09/25/2021

Outstanding experience with Cleveland Music Group and the RayBans

The RayBans truly made our wedding reception an evening to remember - Craig and the rest of the band were incredibly professional, flexible and kind from the planning process to the big day. They delivered an outstanding wedding reception performance - our guests were on the dance floor all night! We so appreciated their wide-ranging song list, talent and energy. They were flexible when we had to delay our wedding due to COVID, they accommodated an unconventional (and tight) performance space, they played our first dance song even though it wasn't on their official song list, and, when we encountered a few delays with dinner, they even offered to keep playing longer to make up for lost time. Our guests had a blast on the dance floor and my husband and I both agreed that dancing to the RayBans was our favorite memory of the day. Thank you RayBans and Cleveland Music Group for making our wedding entertainment experience stress-free and so enjoyable. A final shout out to Erin R. for all the help booking and rescheduling our date!

Cleveland Music Group's reply:

OMG - Thanks for all the love EMILY! You are way to kind. Thanks for using CLE Music Group & "The RayBans". Best Wishes & Congrats - Scott
    Dominic V. Married on 09/11/2021

Dance the Night Away

DJ Evan and the Cleveland Music Group were awesome to work with! You can tell Evan has a lot of pride in his work by his attention to detail. He was very accommodating to our requests and did a fantastic job of having everyone dance the night away! Everyone complimented how good the music was the whole night. Evan was extremely courteous, even double-checking with my mother-in-law how to pronounce my last name for our grand entrance! I would highly recommend Evan to anyone for their next event. Evan did a great job and made everything super easy and stress free.

P.S. The photobooth was a huge hit and the operator did an awesome job accommodating all the big group photos!

Cleveland Music Group's reply:

Thanks for your thoughtful review of CLE Music Group, DJ Evan Foltz and our Open-Air Photo Booth services. You just made my weekend! :) - Best Wishes & Congrats! - Scott
  • Diana
    Diana B. Married on 08/14/2021

HIGHLY recommend. Music was phenomenal.

We hired both a Band and a DJ for our wedding and used Cleveland Music Group. We worked with Erin at Cleveland Music group to hire The Avenue and DJ Taz (Hector Delgado). She took the time to understand what we wanted in terms of sound and instrumentation. The music was the most important piece of the wedding for us so it was important that we hired the right musicians. Erin was really great to work with and very helpful throughout the entire process.

Both the Avenue and DJ Taz were amazing. I will first talk about the Avenue. We had an 11 piece band at our wedding. The Avenue's musicians are top notch. They are very crisp and have a great sound. Tiffany, the band leader has an unbelievable voice and the other two vocalists also have powerful vocals. All three vocalists were extraordinary. The band took the time to understand the audience and the mood of the crowd to arrange the sets. The music that they selected for the reception were all great and got everyone on the dance floor. Their charisma, energy and musicianship were incredible and there wasn't a single moment where there wasn't dancing or where the dance floor was empty. Our guests raved about the Avenue and how good they were.

We hired DJ Taz (Hector Delgado) to play alongside the band and take over during their breaks. Hector was great to work with from the start. He met with me to discuss music genres, the process, and timeline details in preparation. We started off our night with DJ Taz playing our introduction music. After myself and my husband were introduced, I randomly invited our guests to join us dancing with the rest of the song and absolutely everyone got up to dance. DJ Taz (Hector) was flexible and continued to play the song to the audience. It was a wild and memorable way to start off the reception!! DJ Taz (Hector) was able to get everyone on the dance floor as well and it was a very seamless experience between the DJ and the Band.
    I never sat down once the whole night and neither did our guests. I highly recommend The Avenue, DJ Taz and Cleveland Music Group!!!

Cleveland Music Group's reply:

LOVE LOVE LOVE your detailed review! Thanks so much for taking the time to gush about CLE Music Group, The Avenue, DJ TAZ and Erin Rossi. From all of us, THANK YOU! Best Wishes - Scott
  • Ramona
    Ramona W. Married on 07/10/2021

Scott = best DJ

My husband and I hired Scott Jones as our wedding DJ (ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception). We are SO happy that we did!! He took the time to have numerous phone calls with us to fully understand what our vision was for all three components of the evening, gave us his expertise, and was super patient when it took us forever to get him our “must play list”. His personality is calm, cool, and collected while simultaneously being super fun and upbeat. Not to mention professional. From a list of about 20 songs we sent him, he curated the most perfect music experience. At several points through the night we looked at each other because we had forgotten to put a song on the “list” and it felt like he read our minds and played it anyways! What talent.

Our guests (and my husband and I) were out on the dance floor the entire night and never wanted to leave. When we decided 30 minutes before we had to be out of the venue that we wanted to do an impromptu hora, he rolled with the punches and was ready almost immediately to jump in. He played a great balance of top 40 hits, throwbacks, and oldie but goodies. Everyone had the best time at our wedding and we definitely have Scott to thank for that. We are so grateful!

-Ramona and Luke Kelly 7/10/21

Cleveland Music Group's reply:

OMG - you left this review here too! You rock! Thanks Ramona & Luke. It was a true pleasure working with you and your families. Cheers! - Scott
    Maura N. Married on 07/03/2021

Best decision ever!

Choosing The Element for our wedding was the best choice ever! The music was fantastic, they were so easy to work with, and they made our reception an amazing experience for all our guests! Couldn’t recommend them more.

Cleveland Music Group's reply:

Thanks for using CLE Music Group & "The Element". I have shared your review with Tony & Erin. It will make their day! Thanks so much - Scott (CLE Music Group)
    Cara Married on 07/03/2021

Great DJ for our wedding!

We hired Bill Bowen from Cleveland Music Group and he did an amazing job!! We had a few requests and general likes/dislikes that we discussed beforehand and with that he created the perfect playlist that had the dance floor full all night long! Our photographer recommended Cleveland Music Group and said she had been at several weddings with different DJ's that were all consistently good and we would have to agree!

We also had to postpone our wedding due to COVID and they were very flexible and accommodating to our new date. They were very professional and easy to communicate with throughout the process.

Cleveland Music Group's reply:

Cara - Thanks for leaving this wonderful review on Wedding Wire too! You're the best! From all of us here at CLE MUSIC GROUP, we wish you all the best the world has to offer. - Congrats! - Scott
    Shelby B. Married on 06/19/2021

Lovely strings!

We wanted to have strings play during our ceremony in Akron and CMG did NOT disappoint! We shared a list of songs we wanted to have for the processional and my entrance and they worked with us figure out other songs that their quartet could play while guests arrived. Management was great to work with to coordinate the location and needs of the musicians. We highly recommend having CMG play at your wedding!

Cleveland Music Group's reply:

THANKS for leaving this amazing review here on Wedding Wire as well. It was a pleasure working with you Shelby. Thanks for trusting CLE Music Group & our Sonata Strings to make your ceremony perfect. Best Wishes & Congrats. Happy Holidays - Scott
  • Matthew
    Matthew E. Married on 06/18/2021

Best Choice was the best choice for us

We selected the Best Choice DJ option and were blessed to get Brian McDonald about 6 weeks before the wedding date. He was very personable, got our style, and took requests in stride. Our guests all loved the music and many of them danced the whole night. The only thing that we felt could have been improved was a special circumstance. Our maid of honor is international and was unable to attend due to travel restrictions. We had a recording of her speech that our DJ played. He was more than accommodating in playing the speech, but we felt that there wasn't a lot of explanation for our guests, many of whom didn't know who they were suddenly hearing over the speakers. I'm sure this is not something DJs deal with every day, but we were just a little saddened that our maid of honor's speech felt rushed and unexplained.

Cleveland Music Group's reply:

Thanks for your review. We're so happy you enjoyed CLE Music Group and DJ BAM (Brian McDonald). I feel terrible you were less than excited how the recorded speech was handled. Brian noted: "I made an announcement & said the maid of honor is overseas and has recorded a speech, and pressed play." - We're sorry. If you wanted us to say something in addition (possibly something prepared by the two of you) we would have been happy to do that as well. - In any event, THANKS for trusting us to keep your guests dancing! Best Wishes & Congrats - Scott (President/CLE Music Group)
  • C. F.
    C. F. Married on 06/05/2021

Amazing wedding band.

We hired The Element to play at my daughter's wedding reception. I could not be more pleased. We are a family of musicians and the bar was high. Erin's voice is amazing and Tony Koussa Jr and the rest of the instrumentalists are phenomenal. The dance floor was full all night. You get what you pay for; these people are professional musicians. If you have to choose between having a few more hours d'oeuvres or hiring the band, hire the band!

Cleveland Music Group's reply:

Thanks so much for using CLE Music Group & The Element. LOVE THIS REVIEW!!!! We wish you all the best!
  • Liz
    Liz F. Married on 05/15/2021

LOVED the avenue!

the avenue totally made our wedding! we were worried about keeping people on the dance floor at our 75-person, fresh-out-of-covid wedding, but the dance floor was packed all. night. long. tiffany made planning super easy and built the perfect setlist (while also respecting our 'do not play' and 'must play' lists). i am SUPER picky and was bummed we weren't able to hear them play live before we booked, but they sound exactly like they do on the website, if not better. book them!

Cleveland Music Group's reply:

Thank you for this amazing review of "The Avenue". I just shared it with Tiffany and the rest of the band! Thanks so much for trusting CLE Music Group + The Avenue to keep your dance floor packed! Best Wishes & Congrats! - Scott.
  • Alissa
    Alissa M. Married on 09/26/2020

Danced the night away

DJ Evan Foltz killed it as our DJ! even though our wedding was small, the dance floor was packed! the cocktail hour and dinner music were exactly what we wanted and he really read the room for dancing, picking songs he knew would get the crowd moving. also thanks for playing WAP after every single bridesmaid requested it lol.

Cleveland Music Group's reply:

Thanks for your kind review Alissa. Evan is one of the best! Thanks for using CLE Music Group & DJ Evan Foltz. We hope to see you again at a friends wedding in the future! Congrats.
  • Wendy
    Wendy C. Married on 09/05/2020

Amazing experience! Highly recommend!

We worked with Scott from the Cleveland Music Group for our wedding at the Cleveland Botanical Garden! He was always responsive and super accommodating (e.g., we had to reschedule from our original 2020 date due to COVID). We worked with John Toula (guitar for ceremony) and DJ Mike (Michael) Alexander (reception). Talented & so friendly. We had planning calls leading up and everything went smoothly day-of! It was one of the easiest parts of wedding planning! Highly recommend.

Cleveland Music Group's reply:

Thanks for the amazing review Wendy. It was a pleasure working with you! Best wishes & congrats. - Scott
  • Kate
    Kate W. Married on 05/23/2020

Matt was awesome!

Matt was the ideal DJ. He was high energy and commanded the attention of the room. He played great music, and listened to all of me and my husband's request. He was professional, timely, and fun. We highly recommend him!
    Katie C. Married on 05/02/2020

LOVE The Element!

The Element was the perfect band for our wedding reception. Erin worked with us through many changes and postponements due to COVID. She is flexible and professional in every aspect. Erin, Tony, Rick, and all the musicians were beyond what we had hoped and envisioned! We have heard from all our guests how wonderful and talented the band is! We cannot recommend the Element enough for any event!

Cleveland Music Group's reply:

YAY! Thanks so much for the amazing review of "The Element" here at CLE Music Group Katie. From all of us, CONGRATS & Best Wishes - Scott.
  • Missy
    Missy I. Married on 12/07/2019

Outstanding band, dance floor was packed all night!!

We hired The Orchestra via the Cleveland Music Group and they were outstanding!!!! I work in the music industry so was a little nervous about hiring a band but they exceeded my expectations. Dwayne (band leader) was easy to work with and checked in with me before key moments so I could ensure my photographer and key wedding party members were in place which was a nice touch. The band were terrific, lead vocals and horns were amazing, and the dance floor was packed the entire night - even during the breaks when they had the ipod on. I can't express enough how great they were.
    The Cleveland Music Group was also very easy to work with and I was able to book my ceremony, cocktail, and reception music through them as well as the up-lighting for the reception so it made planning very easy.

Cleveland Music Group's reply:

Missy - Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with everyone on Wedding Wire. It was a pleasure working with you. I'll pass along your praises to our Sonata Strings & The Orchestra. Best Wishes and Cheers to an amazing 2020! - Scott
    Janet S. Married on 11/02/2019

CLE Music Group!

We used DJ Eric (i.e. The Bearded DJ) from Cleveland Music Group for our November wedding, and we were extremely pleased with our choice. All of our interactions with Eric and everyone at Cleveland Music Group were prompt, professional and helpful. We loved being able to (virtually) “meet” all of the DJ options before selecting one, in order to determine each person’s personality and style. Eric made everything about the music at our wedding easy. We had an extensive “DO NOT PLAY” list, and every one of our “bans” was respected during the wedding without issue. On the flip side, we had a fairly vague (but pointed) idea about the different styles of music that we actually wanted played during the different portions of our Reception. Yet, armed with only our relatively vague input, Eric crafted the perfect playlist for each portion of the evening, ranging from instrumental acoustic covers of popular songs, alternative music, some oldies, upbeat dance songs, and Top 40s. Eric was also great at controlling the flow of the evening without being overbearing. He cut in with ease, and then cut out when the pertinent information was conveyed. The dance floor was full the entire evening, up until the last song. We highly recommend DJ Eric and Cleveland Music Group!

Cleveland Music Group's reply:

Thanks for this amazing review! We can't thank you enough for using CLE Music Group & The Bearded DJ (Eric Smith). Best Wishes & Cheers to an amazing 2020! - Scott